Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,213 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Starting A Family With 100k Salary - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Starting A Family With 100k Salary (2105 Views)

I Started My Family With 5,500 Naira Salary In 2003, Now I Own A 3 Bedroom Flat / Man Rants After His Friend Got Cheated On By A Girl He Placed On 100k Salary / Can I Get Married With A 100k Salary? (2) (3) (4)

Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Teacup: 7:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
I am 33 years and i planned getting married this year but i am feeling somehow if 100K can take care of me my wife and expected children. Pls i need sincere advice.
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Trapnews: 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
Resign and allow other single guys to fill your spot abeg... Too many single girls waiting for marriage and you are here wasting time shocked
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by libertyfather(m): 7:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
See as this rich man dey complain

Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by IamLEGEND1: 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2016
people dey marry with 40k per month, u dey here dey complain.

Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by ambassadorgozie(m): 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2016
Trapnews:
Resign and allow other single guys to fill your spot abeg... Too many single girls waiting for marriage and you are here wasting time shocked

Imagine
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by obiorathesubtle: 7:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
I see another fowl trying to live above his income..
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by shizzy7(f): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
Teacup:
I am 33 years and i planned getting married this year but i am feeling somehow if 100K can take care of me my wife and expected children. Pls i need sincere advice.
Is your wife going to be a full housewife

Put down 70% and she'll drop the remaining 30%.....
Even thugs who don't earn a salary feed their children...

You're thinking about the future based on your current situation.... ...as time goes on, things will change for the better if the both of you work hard now..
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by kay29000(m): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2016
Teacup:

As long as you plan well with your spouse, it is enough. No need for flamboyant wedding. The main thing is your life after the wedding. So, plan with your woman, and you will be okay. My friend got married today, and he earns 80k a month.
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
No amount is to big or small....

It's all depends on aw u manage ur resources

I av seen guyz start their families on wages lower than that...
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Folksyharry(m): 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
I have seen a person earning 14k (private school teaching job) plus other good private lessons that is not only married with kids but building his house now. Your salary is overqualified. How many people do you think earn more than that amount in this country?
What I don't know is if you've been saving part of your salary since you got the job. Start to prepare a monthly budget on how much you will save and spend withing the month and ensure you stick to it. Also don't marry a materialistic woman. If she's working and a good home planner then you will be fine.
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Teacup: 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
Thank you for all your advice. My fiance is currently not working.
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
100k hmmmm
If i was to advise my hubby with 100k

Well i say he breaks it down he save 30k monthly

Den d remaining 70k he keeps 20k for unforseen ish

D remaining 50k he wud keep 20k for his upkeep

He shdnt worry bou me i wud b working

D remaining 30k he wud use to start up a business we can open a clothing store for unisex atleast we start little till we get big

Or we start cat fish business little or we just figure out a business den from my own salary i contribute grin

100k cant make me not av a happy hme we wud b happy nd peaceful too
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by menabae(f): 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2016
100k not bad... U are good to go
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Teacup: 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
I so much admire female advice. I think i am looking at guys that earns 400K n above.
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by sexysegggs: 8:23pm On Jan 16, 2016
Teacup:
It will not be enough because you will need to leave in banana Island. Your children will have to attend whitesand college at ikoyi. Your wife will have to be going to dubai for business.

So you only need to carry gun to rub banks so that you can be earning millions in a month.

My advice, just resign and put me in your place. You need to get a better job that pays more OK?
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
Teacup:
I so much admire female advice. I think i am looking at guys that earns 400K n above.

Ow can a guy earn 400k and above nd not kno ow to spend It wisely

I will seriously question d source of dat money fact

Cos if u truly laboured for it u wont spend any ow

So i really need to kno d source first
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Mhizizzy(f): 8:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
U are very much good to go in Nigeria
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by kelish(f): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
it might not but planin wil do d magic
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2016
You can live a very comfortable life with that 100k job.
Just make sure you don't marry a waster but a home planner(builder). My advice for you is try and make sure Your woman contribute to the upkeep of the home no matter how small.
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2016
sexysegggs:

It will not be enough because you will need to leave in banana Island. Your children will have to attend whitesand college at ikoyi. Your wife will have to be going to dubai for business.

So you only need to carry gun to rub banks so that you can be earning millions in a month.

My advice, just resign and put me in your place. You need to get a better job that pays more OK?
Imagine advise. You take style wicked ooo
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Temas: 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2016
I Know someone in same situation.. . He earns roughly 120k take home... wifey to be earns 70k...

Guess they are more than qualify...
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by Richy4(m): 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
If you are not the flamboyant kind of person, I believe you can make it...judging by Nigerian standard of living.......

But bro to be honest with you 300k a month will not be enough for a shopaholic who wants to start a family let alone 100k.... because he will always like to be up to date with the best designers cloths, shoes, phones and upgrade his car once in two years...

So I believe Prudent spending and savings should be your watchword......
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by agarawu23(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
Some will ask dumb question they already have the answer. Mtcheew
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by missKiffy(f): 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
You have to start from somewhere
Re: Starting A Family With 100k Salary by adeagbo101(m): 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2016
According to a 2011 IMF report on nigeria economy, nigerian earning between N50,000 - N75,000 monthly is a 'middle-class' nigerian. I hope you understand what that means in respect to your question.

5 New Ways Guys are using to Catch Babes On Nairaland / How Will You Know If You Are Sexually Compactible? / My Fiancé’s Friend Seems To Think We’ve Had Sex Before.