Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? (5269 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Who Is Nigeria Worst Striker Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2006
some of you must have wondered why he has failed to shine, well the scores can speak for itself

he is not even the highest goal scorer for newcastle

besides i think Glenn roeder has more confidence in kieron dyer than oba goal,
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by kitaun(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2006
Let me pretend as if i didn't see this thread
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2006
@kitaun

why, i only asked for your comments, if u don't want to post on it then u shouldn't have posted anything,

cos i don't understand why u have to make such a post when u r pretending not to see it,

if u don't want to post then bone, keep your fingers off the keyboard from typin in the thread, abi?
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2006
The asshole is absofuckinglutely useless. Give Rossi some plaing time please.

Puta
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by mochafella(m): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2006
@lordimpaq

chill out small, no be fight.
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2006
U call a player who has scored 3 goals this season worst? Thats crazy!! How many goals has rooney scored?
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2006
@mochafella

i'm not fighting, but he's looking for one, because i don't see the relevance of wat he's done, its absolutely unnecessary and its really pissing me off,

@tosinadeda

rooney is just off form, when he comes back he would be unstoppable, and u know that
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2006
Thats bullshit,when martins was on form at inter was he not scoring? Dont give me that crap abeg
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 5:29pm On Oct 27, 2006
what crap, i;m saying rooney is off form not on form,

what d hell are you reading,
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2006
Rooney has scored twice and has 2 or 3 assists and his team is on top of the table. Rooney is not an out and out forward like Martins. He plays "in the whole"
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2006
Thats exactly wut am saying,they both off form and martins still manages to score and rooney does not and u call martins the worst striker.thats the crap
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2006
Martins has scored only 3 facking goals with no bloody assists
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by hustler(m): 5:37pm On Oct 27, 2006
nosa101:

The asshole is absofuckinglutely useless. Give Rossi some plaing time please.

Puta

I wasn't prepared to reply to this thread until i saw the above statement.Well Nosa i respect it thet everyone has his own views and is entitled to it.But don't u think u went too far

Oba is the best striker Newcastle have now.that he hasn't banged in the goals as expected in the league is no fault of his.Take a look at the level of mediocrity he is surrounded by.Nobody is pickin out his runs just givin him hopeless long balls to run at.U don't expect him to dribble thru the whole field to score do u??

I rate him higher than Owen If u ask me.

But sumthin i have noticed bout serie a players comin into the league is that they hardly settle or do so late.look at Mutu, Veron, Crespo even Sheva.i think it's cuz of the wack style of play in the Epl if u ask me.Cuz Mutu and Crespo have been doin well since they came back "home" and Veron did well to b4 he left.

Not that i want to turn this into another epl vs serie a argument but there's nothin tactical bout the game in the UK, just the long balls that make me sick.I think it's way different from wat players in leagues of higher quality are used to.

I've seen Oba score spectacular goals in his young career.If he will score more of those in this league i don't kno.
But he's got the quality to succeed in Europe.
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2006
Martins is [size=15pt]MASSIVELY[/size] overrated.
Even Newcastle fans feel he is expensive trash.
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2006
@nosa1on1
if u watched his second goal in there 2nd rnd uefa cup u wnt make such a disgusting comment
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2006
@nosa

i think the expensive trash here is your statement,

only nosa thinks martins is expensive trash,
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2006
The only goal that duff has scored was provided by martins
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2006
@tosin

i think nosa watches his football on the planet mars,

the televisions over there use nitrogen grin
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by hustler(m): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2006
I'm hopin the return of Dyer will help him get the goals sha.
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2006
I hope so,right now emre and solano are not supplying the passes.
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2006
they are not just giving him the balls he needs, because they feel he can run fast then they'll put balls ahead of him, and make him ruuuunnnn, why not lay passes like how veron does or an alvaro recoba setpiece
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2006
I think the coach is the problem
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2006
@tosin

i think so, his formula does not work, i think he should change tactics,
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2006
tosinadeda:

@nosa1on1
if u watched his second goal in there 2nd rnd uefa cup u wnt make such a disgusting comment
Against some trash team
lordimpaq:

@nosa

i think the expensive trash here is your statement,

only nosa thinks martins is expensive trash,
Read the following
Martins has for me not looked good enough and his movement for a so called 'fast' player has been average at best. I find those that are going on about how good he has been so far the same folk that kept spouting 'Bramble for England' each year or 'Ameobi has potential' and 'Dyer is world class' - those tinted specs must be great!

Its not a sin to say it how it is and right now Martins is looking poor and struggling to adapt not only to the Premiership but also to our sh*t team - but to cut him some slack, I'm not sure Henry would have a great time with the way we are playing - f*cking long ball after another f*cking long ball!!!!! wullie

My main gripe is that we needed a player that can hit the ground running - such as Johnson who has proved a very good buy for Everton so far and I find criticism about Johnson from those who in the same breath praise Martins efforts so far quite incredible. blueconfused.gif

I'm all for Martins long term and still don't think he was a bad buy, although I think he was overpriced and I think he is far from good enough as yet - our strike force looks wishy washy to say the least, particualry when we are relying on Ameobi as our main striker (a unfit one at that).

Our situation required someone who as Roeder himself said it -"had premiership experience" and thus goes back to Roeder's total failure in the transfer market :thdn: and also to the fact that we punt long ball after long ball up the park which is not conducive to good attacking football (jesus could our tactics be any more transparent in a game -punt to Ameobi/Sibeirski to knock down for Martins)
http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,29716.msg565041.html#msg565041

lordimpaq:

@tosin

i think nosa watches his football on the planet mars,

the televisions over there use nitrogen grin
Oh goody
tosinadeda:

The only goal that duff has scored was provided by martins
Then,
I hope this not to augment the Rooney VS Martins argument
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2006
And to think that emre was formerly at inter
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2006
@nosa

so wats your point,
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2006
lordimpaq:

@nosa

so wats your point,
usted no sabe nada
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2006
Are u saying the problem newcastle have is martins?
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by tosinadeda: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2006
And incase u didnt see the goal which am sure u didnt, it was a 20yard volley which no keeper wld have saved.so the question of scoring against a wack team shld not even come up
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by lordimpaq(m): 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2006
@nosa

ni le hace

you don't know better than me do you?
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2006
tosinadeda:

Are u saying the problem newcastle have is martins?
no
I am saying that Nigerians rate him too highly
lordimpaq:

@nosa

ni le hace

you don't know better than me do you?
Hago

U bent stom
Jij neuker
Kankerlul
Re: Obafemi Martins: Worst Striker In Premiership? by nosa101(f): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2006
tosinadeda:

And incase u didnt see the goal which am sure u didnt, it was a 20yard volley which no keeper would have saved.so the question of scoring against a wack team shld not even come up
You don't say.

*I watched it online

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Football Trials In Europe / How Can I Register Football A Club/Academy With Lagos State Football Association / Can Nigeria Raise A Team Like Barcelona Or Chelsea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.