Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! (13715 Views)

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / Who Can Explain This Verse - Proverbs 17:8 ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by SeanT21(f): 5:34am On Jun 22, 2009
21 Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon.” 23 But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, “Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” 26 He answered, “It is not fair to take the children’s food and throw it to the dogs.” 27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their [b]masters’ [/b] table.” 28 Then Jesus answered her, “Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed instantly.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Tudor6(f): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2009
It shows your jesus is partial,tribalistic and racist. . .he'd make a good nigerian.
Here i was thinking he came for all of mankind.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by kolaoloye(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2009
Tudór:

It shows your jesus is partial,tribalistic and racist. . .he'd make a good nigerian.
Here i was thinking he came for all of mankind.
How could your response be like this? Check your concordance, you will understand the statement better.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Tudor6(f): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2009
I don't need to check anything,the statement is quite clear. . .jesus compared the gentiles to dogs and elevated the jews to "children"! Thats pure RACISM
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Tudor6(f): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2009
I don't need to check anything,the statement is quite clear. . .jesus compared the gentiles to dogs and elevated the jews to "children"! Thats pure RACISM
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Tonyet1(m): 11:11am On Jun 22, 2009
1st of all, one must understand the basic reason why Christ came and his general purpose to mankind

The Origin:

- Man was created to explicitly express himself as God's glory in the beginning, that was why Man was created in God's image and likeness, meaning as God ruled the Heavens, man was to do the same here (demi-elohim:- "God now lives in earthen vessel also"wink, trying to explain man's glorious state may create for another topic  (Gen1:26 put it this way ". . . let us make man in our own image. . , they will be masters over all life (NLT version)".1cor.11:7)

- man was given a free hand to make choices, even though instructions were put in place (Gen.2:16-17)

- Man later fell, the effect of this falling meant that elohim failed to exist in earthen vessel (for the day ye shall eat, ye shall surely die, meant that the spirit failed to exist in earthen vessel)

- if you'll agree with the scriptures, it meant that man was just an embodiment of a liveless spirit,and so he lived this way till christ's coming, meaning man did the direct opposite of God's original master plan, hence the name SIN

- if man was totally corrupt, how then can God save His lost spirit (MAN)?, He decided to choose a people, which He did by calling Abram and reconstructing, resusitating and reorientating his (Abram's ) liveless spirit, bringing a nation called ISRAEL

- Who are these Isrealites? they were a people God chose by election from which he might come out, at least after he(God ) must have glorified their spirits to a level, thereby making them justified to be able to house Christ the saviour

- inotherwords, all the other nations were engulfed in their sinful acts for generations hence the name GENTILES another name for HEATHENS, if you'll still remember , they were liveless spirits in earthen vessels

- when it was time for christ to come, he came from the chosen people, and his assignment meant that he was not to intermingle with the GENTILES, until the appointed time, because it was very possible for the christ to stray from his divine purpose (Heb.7:25, 1jn2:1)

- that was why when the syrophoenician woman approached him, vs.23 of the scriptures you quoted said ", .  .he (christ) did not answer her" and when he spoke , he said "i was only sent to the household of isreal",

@poster,

pls dont get confused, as you may be reading that passage plainly, mind you, his (christ's) emotion's and actions might be different from what youare picturing in your mind,the answer simply was that His appointed time was not near to stretch forth to the Gentiles

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by fyneguy: 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2009
Tonye-T

God bless you for that beautiful expose.

Please, I would like you to go beyond why Jesus answered the woman the way He did and get to how Jesus restored what was lost through Adam, vis-a-vis what is expected of Christians by virtue of what Jesus accomplished.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Tudor6(f): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
So the gentiles between adam and the coming of christ were condemned de facto for a sin they knew nothing of. . .if god loved them as he claimed why'd it take thousands of years to send the messiah to liberate the world. undecided
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by toneyb: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2009
Simply because during the time of Jesus the jews used to call the gentiles dogs.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Tonyet1(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2009
fyneguy:

Tonye-T

God bless you for that beautiful expose.

Please, I would like you to go beyond why Jesus answered the woman the way He did and get to how Jesus restored what was lost through Adam, vis-a-vis what is expected of Christians by virtue of what Jesus accomplished.

thank you brother,

if i answer your rrequest here, we may obstruct the purpose of this topic, i will advise you create a topic to that effect and lets discuss there better

God bless you
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by folami86: 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
SeanT21:

21 Jesus left that place and went away to the district of Tyre and Sidon. 22 Just then a Canaanite woman from that region came out and started shouting, “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David; my daughter is tormented by a demon.” 23 But he did not answer her at all. And his disciples came and urged him, saying, “Send her away, for she keeps shouting after us.” 24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” 25 But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” 26 He answered, “It is not fair to take the children’s food and throw it to the dogs.” 27 She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their [b]masters’ [/b] table.” 28 Then Jesus answered her, “Woman, great is your faith! Let it be done for you as you wish.” And her daughter was healed instantly.
That last verse proved her faith to Christ. Jesus kept rejecting her yet she insisted on calling him Master. Jesus referred to her as a dog and she said " "Yes Lord, even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters table" Right away Jesus knew she was a woman of faith and was different from the other gentiles, so he healed her daughter instantly.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by folami86: 9:10pm On Jul 03, 2009
Tudór:

at tudor

i understand where you are coming from but you are basing your argument on couple verses.  Read the entire scripture to understand why Jesus referred to this Gentile woman as a dog while he was passing through the land of gentiles.

see what idiom can do to us?  It's all about reading and understanding

stay focus
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2009
@Tudor

You need to settle down some more. Read that passage again. Jesus didn't call anyone a dog or a child. The woman did.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by SeanT21(f): 3:47am On Jul 04, 2009
mactao:

@Tudor

You need to settle down some more. Read that passage again. Jesus didn't call anyone a dog or a child. The woman did.

What do U mean
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by Tudor6(f): 6:39am On Jul 04, 2009
I woder what he means. . .
Mactao it's either you're blind or you're a bad liar
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by wackhack(m): 8:44am On Jul 04, 2009
Dear friends,
  I will like to us to look at this scripture from the right perspective and follow what Jesus meant while speaking to this woman from zidon. Mark 7v24 "And from thence(after speaking with people and rebuked the pharisees) he arose, and went into borders of Tyre and sidon, and entered into an house and would have no man know it:but he could not be hid." For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet: The woman was a greek, a syrophenician by nation; and she  besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter. But Jesus said to her, let the CHILDREN FIRST BE FILLED: FOR IT IS NOT MEET TO TAKE THE CHILDREN'S BREAD, AND TO CAST IT UNTO THE DOGS. And she answered and said unto him, YES, LORD: YET THE DOGS UNDER THE TABLE EAT OF THE CHILDREN'S CRUMBS." Lets read from matthew 15v21 Then Jesus went thence and departed into the coast(or border) of Tyre and Sidon. And behold a woman of canaan came out of the same boasts(of tyre and sidon) and arid unto him, saying have mercy on me, O Lord, thou Son of David;for my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil, "
  You can read the rest of the story. Now lets look at it from the right perspective and why Jesus spoke to her is such manner. Isaiah 23 is an interesting about this woman and also the town she abode. From verse 1 says The burden of Tyre,  Verse 2. Be still, ye inhabitants of the isle; thou whom the merchants of Zidon, that pass over the SEA, have replenished. 3. And by great WATERS THE SEED of Sihor, the harvest of the RIVER, is her revenue; and she is a MART of Nations. 4. Be thou ashamed, O Zidon: for the "SEA" hath spoken, even the "strength" of the "SEA", saying, I(SEA) "travail" not, nor bring forth "Children", neither do i nourish up "YOUNG MEN", nor bring up "VIRGIN". Verse 15b,  After the end of seventy years shall Tyre sing as an HARLOT,  Please read the rest of the verses.
  Now, back to what Jesus meant, in the first place  Tyre and Sidon(Zidon) are nation that derived their power and wealth from the Strength of Sea which mean that everything about them have to do with 'Waters' but not just an ordinary SEA BUT A SPIRITUAL BEING THAT DWELT IN THE SEA OF TYRE AND SIDON this is while the verse 4 of Isaiah said "the SEA HATH SPOKEN'' and the characteristic of the SEA IS that it doesn't TRAVAIL NEITHER BRING FORTH CHILDREN NEITHER NOURISH UP YOUNG MEN NOR BRING UP VIRGINS. I hope you will understan what all these means. One more thing, Jezebel in the book of King was a daughter of Ethbaal king of Zidonians(1king 16v31-34). I commend that scripture to you to read and understand.
Re: Crumbs Under The Table: Explain This Verse Please! by wackhack(m): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2009
So, the truth of the matter here is that for a nation nor to do all that SEA HATH spoken that means that nation is a harlotry nation, or what will you have call that when you come to a nation without VIRGIN in it? What Christ was showing to the woman was her foundations where she came from. An harlot is equal to a dog but about Zidon its goes beyond that. And mind you, to have the strength of SEA means that they worshiped water spirit and through that the obtain their strength. But in exchange for that strength is what the SEA SPOKE OUT. Jesus was not only calling her dog but the generation of those that came from the same region were DOGS. Jezebel was a Dog not only that a witchcrafting person.(revelation 2v20) and go and account of the scripture about the Zidonians, their forefather worshiped "BAAL'' AND THEIR STRENGTH COMES FROM THE SEA. They seduce, usurp Authority, commit Idolatry and fornication, not only that they are posses by the Sea water that gave them strength or Whom they worship. And i say to you, its not Meant for them to eat of the children's (children of God) bread. Thats why the Woman replied and said Yes Lord, I AM A DOG FROM MY FOUNDATION, I BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SAID ABOUT ME AND THE NATION I CAME FROM, THEY ARE ALL TRUE. But let me eat of the crumb that fell from Children table.
Having gone all this far to explain what Jesus meant by this simple statement, i believe if we all can go back to our scripture and study it prayerfully and open to the Lord to teach us then shall we be taught.

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Christians May Burn In Hell / FourSquare Gospel Church Building Collapses At Ojodu-Berger / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.