Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? (7070 Views)

15 Proven Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog / 6 Simple Ways To Drive Traffic To Your Blog In 5 Days / Easiest Ways On How To Drive Traffic To Your Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 3:36am On Jan 20, 2016
Caspian22:
Haryomikun op, I am just a new blogger like you too. I started blogging in December, I use had enough traffic for a newbie in my first month. But my this month alone I increased atoo. I just used a new strategy that has been giving me an average if 100 page views daily.
We are all doing something productive, let's all help each other.
By the way blog pros in the house should pls help me review my blog and the design, I want to make it more appealing. Cheers
Is the strategy sumthin u can share with me bro?

http://Www.themchub.com
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 3:41am On Jan 20, 2016
tundexweb:

i suppose to help 4 d s.e.o,but my phone can't do that due to its restrictions in some area of setting it up.
but i will like u to search dis on google to learn about it>>>blogger s.e.o
Okayy boss. Thanks. Can I have your contact tho?

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 11:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
haryomikun:

Is the strategy sumthin u can share with me bro?

Yes sure... I post health articles 3 times a week, And I promote my blog in WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook. Sometimes I use nairaland.
The main story is that I publicize one post in two days. For example If I post on Monday, I will published it on Facebook to some if my friends, on Twitter with my personal Acct and WhatsApp too, Then I can get like 135 page views
Then on Tuesday I will publicize it again, to the rest of my friends on Facebook and on Twitter with my blog's Acct. Then I may have like 150 page views. On Wednesday the same thing. I hope this helps.

Feel free to Check out my blog and tell me what you think

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Contemsolutions(m): 2:14am On Jan 21, 2016
Oga,

Great job with your posts, especially as it focuses on health but try to tone down on the colour. It seems too bright but you can here other people's views though and weigh your options.

Caspian22:
Haryomikun op, I am just a new blogger like you too. I started blogging in December, I use had enough traffic for a newbie in my first month. But my this month alone I increased atoo. I just used a new strategy that has been giving me an average if 100 page views daily.
We are all doing something productive, let's all help each other.
By the way blog pros in the house should pls help me review my blog and the design, I want to make it more appealing. Cheers

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Contemsolutions(m): 3:01am On Jan 21, 2016
Chairman,

You are doing well, but you need to be patient. Linda Ikeji's blog is popular because she was patient.

Also, though your blog needs to be attractive but truth be told, what is paramount is the content. Again, Linda Ikeji's blog is not attractive, in fact it's ugly, especially when she places ads that spread out in small boxes, but guess what, people don't send. What they are interested in is the content.

So to achieve your goal you need to ask yourself these questions:

Are the things I write original, and can people get them somewhere else?

Being able to answer the above question can help you know if your content is a duplication of what others have posted so there will be no point visiting your blog.

And if your posts are original, then, are you using the right tactics to promote your posts

As EntclassBlog suggested, you can comment on posts and possibly add your link to the site. Also your comment has to be constructive to the extent that the reader of your comment may ask,'who is this person sef, I want to know more about him', and eventually click on your link.

Another question is, if you come across your own post, will you want to read it?

In this case titling matters, as well as Search Description. They have to be attractive for whoever comes across them

A few other tips are:

Do you use hash tags when you share your posts?

Try to add images that represent your posts. E.g EntclassBlog does it and kudos to him because the things he posts are always what people are searching for, though some times against the laws, lool

Hence, you should ask yourself, are your posts what people are searching for?

This will guide you on what to post

Lastly, always share your post, publicly, on google plus. Most people don't know but google plus is a free opportunity for ads, when used well enough, such that posts you have shared via google plus are seen when people are searching for similar things in google search engine. Hence, hash tags are key

If you want to know more on google plus you can check out this post via the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/2260589/google-ranking-engagement-googleplus

Hope this helps you

haryomikun:
Good day guys. I created a blog co-owned by my tight friend and I approximately a month ago. But we are struggling with pageviews. No, we dont have Adsense yet but we have got quality and self-written articles there. Only receiving like 40 views approximately. Each day we have like 150 average pageviews but we feel its not enough for our content. You cant be spending time researching and getting only 40 views,,, its painful and discouraging. I have read up a lot on driving traffic but i still want quality ideas from Nairalanders who know how the Nigerian way goes... We have tried every possible way. Facebook, twitter, emails, BBM and i just even opened a Linkedin acct a few minutes ago just to help traffic. i have spent a lot of data on trying to get traffic and I wouldnt like my efforts to go in vain. My blog is http://www.TheMchub.com

I would prefer getting ideas that'll make me work both hard and smart if you get what i mean. Thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 7:05am On Jan 21, 2016
Contemsolutions:
Oga,

Great job with your posts, especially as it focuses on health but try to tone down on the colour. It seems too bright but you can here other people's views though and weigh your options.

Thanks sir, My design is too simple. I'll work on that
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by EntclassBlog(m): 7:52am On Jan 21, 2016
Contemsolutions You said against the law? Hahaha.. Even Efcc are looking for free browsing cheats... Lool.. Buhari self need am...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
Caspian22:

Thanks sir, My design is too simple. I'll work on that
I concur with Contemsolutions bro. the yellow part is bright and contrasts a bit with the other colors

Besides, Contemsolutions sorry I havent replied you on your opinion bro. I havent settled down yet to digest your post. It was really deep and that kinda post requires maximum concentration. I'll get back to you soon on it

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 9:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
haryomikun:

I concur with Contemsolutions bro. the yellow part is bright and contrasts a bit with the other colors

Besides, Contemsolutions sorry I havent replied you on your opinion bro. I havent settled down yet to digest your post. It was really deep and that kinda post requires maximum concentration. I'll get back to you soon on it

Thnx
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 2:06am On Jan 24, 2016
tundexweb:

i suppose to help 4 d s.e.o,but my phone can't do that due to its restrictions in some area of setting it up.
but i will like u to search dis on google to learn about it>>>blogger s.e.o
Added you since bro but can't find u on my whatsapp

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 24, 2016
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by seoconsultant(m): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
haryomikun:
Good day guys. I created a blog co-owned by my tight friend and I approximately a month ago. But we are struggling with pageviews. No, we dont have Adsense yet but we have got quality and self-written articles there. Only receiving like 40 views approximately. Each day we have like 150 average pageviews but we feel its not enough for our content. You cant be spending time researching and getting only 40 views,,, its painful and discouraging. I have read up a lot on driving traffic but i still want quality ideas from Nairalanders who know how the Nigerian way goes... We have tried every possible way. Facebook, twitter, emails, BBM and i just even opened a Linkedin acct a few minutes ago just to help traffic. i have spent a lot of data on trying to get traffic and I wouldnt like my efforts to go in vain. My blog is http://www.TheMchub.com

I would prefer getting ideas that'll make me work both hard and smart if you get what i mean. Thank you in advance

I have a working solution for you and it worked magic for my site, even at the stage we are in yet to launch the site our site is having good traffic via the use of the steps highlighted in this post

http://olatunjiadetunji.seowebanalyst.com/2015/05/12/Top-10-Ways-To-Generate-Free-Targeted-Web.html

http://olatunjiadetunji.seowebanalyst.com/2015/02/19/Top-5-Ways-To-Generate-Website-Traffic.html

If you doubt me pls read this latest post on our ALEXA Ranking titled how to improve alexa ranking check our current alexa ranking and the image snapshot on the post, just within 3 months it has grown from 300k to 100k
Hope you find all topics useful.
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by EntclassBlog(m): 7:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Tweak2k:

bro tell me the popular sites you share your blog URL 2...plz
I dont really think that will be possible, but i've really gave the Tip out 0f the ice block.. I share my url to other blogs..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by OkwaIfugo(m): 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
Try Google+ you will improve in traffic.
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 8:56am On Feb 01, 2016
Contemsolutions:
Oga,

I have done a new design to my blog.. check it out and tell me what you think??

www.youmustgethealthy.com
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by seoconsultant(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2016
haryomikun:

Here are some ideas

Top 10 Ways To Generate Free Targeted Web Traffic To Your Website

Top 5 Ways To Generate Low Cost Website Traffic (Cheap Web Traffic)

I personally think you should have this one also, so you can focus on the website traffic that works for you, this will help you analyze such traffic.
How To Analyze Your Website Traffic
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 3:19am On Feb 03, 2016
Tweak2k:

bro tell me the popular sites you share your blog URL 2...plz

Loool. See this guy sha. cheesy Even me wey create topic no ask of d blogs where im dey post on grin Best to comment on blogs on your niche

EntclassBlog:

I dont really think that will be possible, but i've really gave the Tip out 0f the ice block.. I share my url to other blogs..

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 3:22am On Feb 03, 2016
Caspian22:

I have done a new design to my blog.. check it out and tell me what you think??

www.youmustgethealthy.com
Its so much more beautiful now baba. A great turnaround smiley

I must get healthy!

Kudos to you though. Very few people base their blogs on health topics

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 4:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
haryomikun:
Its so much more beautiful now baba. A great turnaround smiley
I must get healthy!
Kudos to you though. Very few people base their blogs on health topics
Lol, thanks bro. It's just God o! Someone helped me with the design. How about you and your blog nah?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 1:17am On Feb 04, 2016
Caspian22:

Lol, thanks bro.
It's just God o! Someone helped me with the design.
How about you and your blog nah?
We are changing frm blogger to wordpress in abt a week
Traffic is getting a bit better tho

http://www.themchub.com
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 7:52am On Feb 04, 2016
haryomikun:
We are changing frm blogger to wordpress in abt a week Traffic is getting a bit better tho
whoa, Good to hear abt the improved traffic. why are you leaving blogger?
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Dumdum217(m): 11:45am On Feb 04, 2016
Please you guys should help me review this my site...
Though is not a niche site/blog

Here is the link www.dumnelo-shares.com

Will appreciate your advice and criticism
Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 12:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
Caspian22:

whoa, Good to hear abt the improved traffic. why are you leaving blogger?
Its too bad for our S.E.O

Imagine,,, I wrote an article on Tiwa Savage's song and posted about it... This fvcker using wordpress just copied and pasted my work,showed up on google's first page when i searched the keywords of my topic and we didnt even show at all. That was when i knew google doesnt recognize their own undecided Dodoyo ppl angry

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 12:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dumdum217:
Please you guys should help me review this my site...
Though is not a niche site/blog

Here is the link www.dumnelo-shares.com

Will appreciate your advice and criticism
Its dope bro... In design and posts too. You just started too?

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2016
haryomikun:

Its too bad for our S.E.O

Imagine,,, I wrote an article on Tiwa Savage's song and posted about it... This fvcker using wordpress just copied and pasted my work,showed up on google's first page when i searched the keywords of my topic and we didnt even show at all. That was when i knew google doesnt recognize their own undecided Dodoyo ppl angry

I understand. All this is with time, When I started in December, I'll post my articles on Nairaland. After about 1 hour of pasting it on nairaland, I'll search for the title in Google, I'll even add my website too. for where! Google Will just display my post in Nairaland for me.

BTW, Most of my posts made front page and were copied my many lazy bloggers everywhere. I won't see my original write up even if I add my full website to the search engine. I begged them to leave my link, some did some didn't. You can imagine, even naijaloaded copied my work.

Later on, after about a month of consistent posting, I was going through my Google analytics app, I saw search queries on what I wrote. People that searched about things related to my posts were referred to my blog, not Nairaland sef.

All this long story is for to know that, SEO doesn't mean WordPress or blogger. it depends on
How well you optimize your site, And how great your content. And what I recently discovered, BACKLINKS and Source, If a singke site can point to ur site as the source then Google will know.

Finally,If you want to change it's alright. I trust your decision. but the only the reason that will make me leave blogger to WordPress is because of the easy comment system.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by haryomikun(m): 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2016
Caspian22:

I understand. All this is with time, When I started in December, I'll post my articles on Nairaland. After about 1 hour of pasting it on nairaland, I'll search for the title in Google, I'll even add my website too. for where! Google Will just display my post in Nairaland for me.

BTW, Most of my posts made front page and were copied my many lazy bloggers everywhere. I won't see my original write up even if I add my full website to the search engine. I begged them to leave my link, some did some didn't. You can imagine, even naijaloaded copied my work.

Later on, after about a month of consistent posting, I was going through my Google analytics app, I saw search queries on what I wrote. People that searched about things related to my posts were referred to my blog, not Nairaland sef.

All this long story is for to know that, SEO doesn't mean WordPress or blogger. it depends on
How well you optimize your site, And how great your content. And what I recently discovered, BACKLINKS and Source, If a singke site can point to ur site as the source then Google will know.

Finally,If you want to change it's alright. I trust your decision. but the only the reason that will make me leave blogger to WordPress is because of the easy comment system.

Thanks a lot for the insight bro. Google sef ya weyrey oh. Lool. Those naijaloaded guys are annoying. I swear. A man with about 4 mods who only know how to steal posts without putting the source or even d moniker of the writer. Even wristbangle and tosyne2much said it sef. I pray I get a strong hold in Nigeria sef with this blogging ish. I'll massively speak against them. Seun should have done something about this though.

You get patience though. Lool. The main reason m scared of posting my topics here with backlinks is the plagiarism thing. I hate the thing gan oo... I could be possessive at times sha cheesy I usually write in the night and the thought of going through all that stress for someone to copy and paste without putting the source is very annoying

Besides, are the backlinks thing very effective? Because me ehn, if i read something on somewhere like nairaland, I don't click on the source at all. I just pass by grin Judging from my actions though, am inclined to think very few people click on the source or backlinks

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by tosyne2much(m): 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2016
haryomikun:

Thanks a lot for the insight bro. Google sef ya weyrey oh. Lool. Those naijaloaded guys are annoying. I swear. A man with about 4 mods who only know how to steal posts without putting the source or even d moniker of the writer. Even wristbangle and tosyne2much said it sef. I pray I get a strong hold in Nigeria sef with this blogging ish. I'll massively speak against them. Seun should have done something about this though.

You get patience though. Lool. The main reason m scared of posting my topics here with backlinks is the plagiarism thing. I hate the thing gan oo... I could be possessive at times sha cheesy I usually write in the night and the thought of going through all that stress for someone to copy and paste without putting the source is very annoying

Besides, are the backlinks thing very effective? Because me ehn, if i read something on somewhere like nairaland, I don't click on the source at all. I just pass by grin Judging from my actions though, am inclined to think very few people click on the source or backlinks
Bro, the plagiarism stuff don tire me gan. When you try to be original, some people will be reaping the fruit of your talents. Smh

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Drive Traffic To My Blog? by Caspian22(m): 12:31am On Feb 07, 2016
haryomikun:

Don't worry, It will be fine, Just keep being original.
Anywhere you visit any site just try to comment write something catchy and leave a link to your blog, It will improve your Alexa rank too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Use Ajax For Image Verification Aka CAPTCHA / Has Anyone Ever Earned Money Online In Nigeria? / Wamp Installation Error.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.