Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? (4039 Views)

Ojojo Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Ojojo (water Yam Fritters) / Fish Head, Middle Or Tail / Check It Out. Where Will You Start Rocking This Supper Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by paroh137(m): 11:58pm On Jan 16, 2016
I went to my uncle's house to visit, and while I was there an older cousin of mine also visited, and they got talking. The conversation reached the area of women and marriage, with my cousin lamenting that most girls can't cook these days, citing that "...some even start cutting yam from the head... " My uncle exclaimed in surprise and me I just lock up cos I'm guilty of the whole cutting yam from the head.

For me, I see the head as the first thing to go, but some other people obviously go the other way. Biko, nairalanders, where do you start from?
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by talktonase(m): 12:07am On Jan 17, 2016
It depends if the yam is a dasuki yam you can start from the center. grin
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by ladyF(f): 12:13am On Jan 17, 2016
lol i have honestly never bothered. yam is yam
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by scarletpearl(f): 12:14am On Jan 17, 2016
talktonase:
It depends if the yam is a dasuki yam you can start from the center. grin
*smile you over funny.
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by vault(m): 12:31am On Jan 17, 2016
seriously if you can wait to observe the head and tail of a yam before cutting it.......

ebi o pa e rara undecided
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by Vision4God: 12:39am On Jan 17, 2016
Head or tail, Yam na yam.
Doesn't really matter to me xcept if one part is already bad
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by paroh137(m): 12:44am On Jan 17, 2016
vault:
seriously if you can wait to observe the head and tail of a yam before cutting it.......

ebi o pa e rara undecided
Are you serious? Observe ke? What's that mean? The Yoruba part
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by vault(m): 12:47am On Jan 17, 2016
paroh137:
Are you serious? Observe ke? What's that mean? The Yoruba part
"you are not hungry at all"
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by udysweet(f): 8:37am On Jan 17, 2016
Lol. Never cut yam from head or tail before. Na middle.
Re: Where Do You Start Cutting Yam From? Head Or Tail? by okirewaju(f): 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2016
Tail na

(1) (Reply)

How Prepare Delicious Editan Soup (calabar Vegetable Soup) / Operation Flaunt Your Ofe Nsala (pics) / Good Catering School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.