Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,564 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Top Atheist Quote (must Read) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Top Atheist Quote (must Read) (662 Views)

Happy International Day Of The Bible: Share Your Favorite Bible Quote / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Debate An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by Pheals(f): 8:10am On Jan 17, 2016
Thomas Jefferson -I have examined all the known superstitions of the world, and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology.

John Adams, 2nd President of the United States- The Government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion.

Napoleon Bonaparte -Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet

Albert Einstein- A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death

Delos B. McKown - the invisible and the non-existent look very much alike

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish

Steven Weinberg - With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

George Carlin -Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you... and HE NEEDS MONEY!

GGene Roddenberry - We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes

Bertrand Russell -And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence

Emo Philips -When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Blaise Pascal - Men never commit evil so fully and joyfully as when they do it for religious convictions

Epicurus Is -God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Stephen Roberts- I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours

It’s an incredible con job when you think about it, to believe something now in exchange for something after death. Even corporations with their reward systems don’t try to make it posthumous. — Gloria Steinem

Not only is there no god, but try getting a plumber on weekends. — Woody Allen

The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church. — Ferdinand Magellan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows. — Samuel ClemensQuotes

Your views Nairalanders. !!

What do you have to say

Pick up my handbag ... Church things

Lalasticlala happy Sunday

The usher bro tosyne2much go to kirk

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by LOVEGINO(m): 8:22am On Jan 17, 2016
Pheals:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
so so real!
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by Pheals(f): 8:35am On Jan 17, 2016
LOVEGINO:
so so real!
bro have heard u
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 17, 2016
When i see wisdom i know, these are foolish quotes of shallow brains.
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2016
Speechless3:
am a believer bt I have to admit, the quotes makes sense
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 17, 2016
Oluwaseytiano:
am a believer bt I have to admit, the quotes makes sense

Okay i can handle extremes.

1 Like

Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 17, 2016
the Universe will take care of itself.
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by obiZEAL(m): 10:38am On Jan 17, 2016
...Someone said god loves us sooo much, but he created hell just incase we don't love him back..,
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
Haahahahahha..................... Mehn, these are lovely
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by LOVEGINO(m): 8:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
Speechless3:
let the truth be told bae.
Re: Top Atheist Quote (must Read) by winner01(m): 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Do Atheists Know They Are Fooling? / ".....let Us Make Man...." / The Scattered: Spiritual Reasons For Black Failure.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.