Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" (615 Views)

My Ex-Girlfriend Has Become Best friends With My Current Girlfriend / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / There's Nothing Like "Broke Girl",The Term "Broke" Only Applies To Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by YCT: 9:31am On Jan 17, 2016
There was this girl back in school days, she was my coursemate, a microbilogist to say .. shes prettt,gorgeous and smart! most espacially shes brilliant and trust me thats one of the major things that turns me on in opposite sex.. there is this course we do then in school.. food and quality control,she was very good in this particular course while im good in other aspects like virology,mycology and the rest.. which seems hard for her to pick up..
one fateful day,i approached her and asked her if we could be FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS .. like she helping me in that course while i do help her in others.. as i mention friends with benefit na so the babe frown come dey para.. what do i take her as? a bitchh or what? i just have to calm her down and explained what i really meant by that..

its disheartening that most of us sees the word FRIENDS WITH BENEFIT As a situation whereby a guy and the girl got to have sexual relationship with no emotions attached.. but that is more than what it is..

PLEASE WHATS YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING OF THE TERM FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS??
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by YCT: 9:32am On Jan 17, 2016

Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by sinaj(f): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2016
U have said it all na wink
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by YCT: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2016
u myt have ur opinion too or a diff defination
sinaj:
U have said it all na wink
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by AlexCk: 10:39am On Jan 17, 2016
A situation that involves 2 people(mature minds regardless of age, if i may add) of the opposite sex who 'in a way' are either "emotional unstable" or "emotional unavailable " or both, coming to an understanding of "helping" eachother with mostly their sexual needs, n sometimes other aspects(less of that though), just like two people playing video games.
That's my understanding of the term.
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by cruzita(f): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
I no know wetin em mean.explain more
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by Justiyke4u: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
It does not have any sense in it
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
Well, it depends on how you both wanna define it.

But IMO, I don't think you have to add 'with benefits' to the type of friendship yur referring to. Cuz real friends helps each other out not necessarily minding if it's beneficial

But in the case of friends with benefits, the friendship doesn't really matter to any of the parties. What matters is the gain involved. A case of 'scratch my back I scratch your'. And as we all know, such benefits mostly revolves around 'sex'
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by YCT: 12:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
good
Re: What Is The Real Sense Behind The Term "Friends With Benefits" by onstelly(f): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Let's define friend first
Then benefits
I bet we will get the answer

(1) (Reply)

Ok How True Is This Really / LADIES: Why You Should Avoid Sex On Valentine Day / Whats The Right Time For A Guy To Choose His Life Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.