Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,331 members, 7,842,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Don't Judge Me! I Don't Want To Sound Religious Too - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Judge Me! I Don't Want To Sound Religious Too (442 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / 'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Judge Me! I Don't Want To Sound Religious Too by e4emma(m): 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
Resting my back on my pillow and the fan making d oozing sound, the generator screaming from distance and my mind straying around. Now the funny Mr.Mind began to dwell on a scene it came across some days back. A young guy was trying correct a friend of his I suppose, then he said all he wanted to say, he gave a very good lecture and sighted nice examples. Then he concluded by saying, I DONT WANT TO SOUND RELIGIOUS! This is not d first time I will hear someone say this, often times young believers are the ones that says it the most. I ask myself, Y don't people wanna sound RELIGIOUS today? Then I realised that in this current dispensation we are in...." being religious" is seen as ain't cool. No one wanna b d uncool guy! Talking from the scriptures today is seen as being RELIGIOUS, and often time, we try not to sight biblical references when talking to peeps, Y? because we don't wanna sound RELIGIOUS. But d last time I checked, u are deemed cool when you quote Max-Planck, Aristotle, Shakespeare and d likes, but mentioning Deut 28:14 is a big NO in conversing. Then I ask myself, but God did command dat d book of d law shouldn't depart out of our mouth?. So which do I do? honour God's word and b termed RELIGIOUS and UNCOOL or refrain from speaking d scriptures and become d TOAST of all... Some will dress scandalously or do something pathetic, u try talk them through it, then the next thing u hear is ....Hey, DONT JUDGE ME! ....lol.
What shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Correct each other in love,
Bear one another's burden......
These are all in the scriptures we took to church today d last time I checked

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Spirit, Soul And Body (7) / Satan,too, Wants You To Be Rich! / The Cross Is Symbol Of Supreme Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.