Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,057 members, 7,859,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard (29123 Views)

Edo Election: NLC endorsed Obaseki of APC- Vanguard / Ekiti Debt: Fayose Will Go To Jail After Tenure, Says APC / Akpabio Planning To Join APC - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Decency94(m): 10:06am On Jan 18, 2016
Is blame a new slogan of Apc? I wonder why they said they were coming for change if not that they knew the economy need good change. So why blame game instead of Change game.

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by paramakina202: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2016
benzics:
By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA – All Progressives Congress, APC has said that the financial recklessness exhibited by the previous government of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan was responsible for the fall of Naira and dwindling economy.

It further stated that the People’s Democratic Government, PDP “squandered” the resources of the country, stressing the APC met nothing with which to run the country.

The position of the party was stated by the Acting National Publicity Secretary of the party, Comrade Timi Frank while speaking exclusively to Vanguard in Abuja on Sunday.

Frank who asked Nigerians to be patient with the government of the President Muhammadu Buhari however assured the people that the president was committed to reviving the economy.

“Personally, I am worried about the current situation of the economy but again I am letting you know it is not our fault because this is what we met. We met a bastardised system. We took over from a government that destroyed our economy. The PDP government embezzled the wealth of our nation. So our economy is something we are fighting to survive.

“And I can assure you that our government is taking every necessary step to make sure we revive our economy and that everything will come to stay. Clearly, I can tell you that this is why the President is moving round to make sure our economy stands again.

“The current situation of our country today, I am asking Nigerians not to blame President Buhari because he is working very hard to make sure things go well with Nigerians that voted APC government to power. They will not be disappointed.

“So the blame goes back again to the previous government, the PDP government which squandered the resources of our country. And today, Nigeria as a nation is suffering because of them. But by the grace of God, things will be fine again”, he said.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/fall-of-naira-economy-blame-jonathan-says-apc/

Cc: lalasticlala , ishilove
This government is shameless.they have admitted they are more clueless than Jona after promising gullible nigerians 1 naira to a dollar.

3 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by chernest2002: 10:13am On Jan 18, 2016
PassingShot:
It's unfortunate that we just have to look back given the present situation of our economy. The situation has been brought about by GEJ's failure to save during windfall from oil sale of average of $100 a barrel. He instead reduced foreign account fromm $44bn in 2011 to $29bn in 2015. The question is, what did he do with the $15bn difference and the excess dollars earned in that period?

Can any supporter of GEJ sincerely answer that what he 'achieved' commensurates with what we earned?

The hardship of today is a result of poor decisions of years past.

I don't envy PMB and his team at all. They inherited a hemorrhaging economy at a time oil price is crashing on daily basis.
have you heard that okorocha gave oyegun 50 million naira as gift? Apc or pdp what ever you call them, they are all corrupt even your pmb.

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by deturla: 10:19am On Jan 18, 2016
wHen will APC stop this sh*t they keep trolling on!!

What rubbish. Always casting blames here and there. This is seriously getting on my nerves.

I want to slap somebody, jare. What rubbish

Get up and act, you made promises, to stabilise the economy. Why cast blame stones

I think this government doesnt have an idea on what to do, and that's why they have decided to ridicule the PDP in an attempt to scoring cheap political points. Nigerians are smarter now. SMH

Such a pity!, useless govt

Sighs.#

4 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by MCRUEMUS: 10:22am On Jan 18, 2016
tuale4u:
Oil price is 28 dollar today. It was 100 dollar under GEJ.

GEJ and oil price is to blame.
GEJ MADE U NOT TO FORM A CARBINET 4 8MTHS. GEJ MADE OIL TO FALL. GEJ CREATED INCOMPETENCY IN BUHARI AND APC. GEJ COURSED STEALING AND WITHDRAWER OF BUDGET. I ONLY WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY, NAIJA. shame shame shame, SHAME APC

3 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by osusuallstars: 10:26am On Jan 18, 2016
if oshomole cannot impregnant lara, blame GEJ. olori buruku

3 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by grandstar(m): 10:27am On Jan 18, 2016
yommys01:
What policy actually affected the naira? Was it not on a downward loop before now?
Yes it was but would. never have gotten this bad.

What was needed was a partial devaluation of the currency from 197 to about 220-230 range. Because he refused to allow market forces to reign, the curse of price controls came into force.

I predicted the naira would touch 300. I foresee reaching 350-400 by year ending

1 Like

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by MCRUEMUS: 10:35am On Jan 18, 2016
#BUHARIneedsHELP

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 18, 2016
onojiwizardgmailcom:

Are you forgetting so soon the law suit instituted by Amaichi and other APC governors against the government, forcing the sharing of the excess crude reserve. I want to correct the assertion above, foreign reserve depletion or accumulation in not in the control of government, it is the exclusive preserve of the CBN to deplete and accumulate foreign reserve.

So Sanusi comes in handy..

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by MCRUEMUS: 10:38am On Jan 18, 2016
#BUHARIneedsHELP from GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by spinoff: 10:39am On Jan 18, 2016
PassingShot:
It's unfortunate that we just have to look back given the present situation of our economy. The situation has been brought about by GEJ's failure to save during windfall from oil sale of average of $100 a barrel. He instead reduced foreign account fromm $44bn in 2011 to $29bn in 2015. The question is, what did he do with the $15bn difference and the excess dollars earned in that period?

Can any supporter of GEJ sincerely answer that what he 'achieved' commensurates with what we earned?

I don't envy PMB and his team at all. They inherited a hemorrhaging economy at a time oil price is crashing on daily basis.
Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by eunisam: 10:43am On Jan 18, 2016
Just the headline got me laughing.

APC is addicted to lamentation.

Still waiting When 1$ will be equal to 1N

3 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by sinistermind(m): 10:52am On Jan 18, 2016
Jonathan Government festered with corruption.... So Stale

Jonathan Government Stole Billions.... We are not disputing that

Naira Started Falling Under Jonathan's Tenure.... We are all aware

I will ask our so called "Economists" in this forum, what has been this administration fiscal and monetary policy since it took office?
During the campaign, we heard a lot of things that made Nigerians believe that YES, we have found a Leader that will steer this country to great development. Creation of jobs, Stable power (seeing a bit of that all thanks to "body language"wink, Stability of oil price (Only baba na OPEC) and some others.

When this Administration came into power, i was expecting an Economic blue print on how to pull is this country out of the Economic mess they know the previous govt got us into. When crude oil price started crashing, it was predicted that it will crash further and i still wonder if the APC was oblivious of this when they were making campaign promises. Since this administration came into power the country keeps losing Billions of Dollars because most foreign investors keeps pulling our of Nigeria all because of the uncertain Economic policies of the current administration.
The Naira keeps crashing almost everyday without one day of been strengthened against the dollar. And this is over 7 months in power, the current administration is still apportioning blames.

Okonjo Iweala foresaw this that was why she advised that Subsidy should be scrapped but that was the day Jonathan became Nigeria's number one enemy. We need solution to the problem at hand and not reminding us always of the cause of the problem. Let us call a spade a spade, we are tired of blames and blames, we want results and results and not to come and distract us with the whole Dasuki and his Yam eaters case.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by demoore1(m): 10:55am On Jan 18, 2016
PassingShot:

Go and read what happened during GEJ. NOI cried bitterly for Nigeria to save for the rainy days but the senators and the Governors forum led by Amechi refused. The took FG to court and won and that was how excess crude account was shared...CONTINUE BLAMING GEJ TILL NIGERIA PERISHES...

3 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2016
PassingShot:

GEJ didn't blame nor complain for two obvious reasons:
1. He knew he was going to do his own looting and move on.

2. Crude price increased during his time, thereby helping him in his looting without being detected early enough.
.. Very childish!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 18, 2016
why don't this Assholes find solution instead of keep pushing blames to Jonathan govt ,but really...is so annoying you have spend some months in office instead y'al to find a way, keep pushing blames like kiddos.Stop giving excuses and work if you can't then resign that's the reason we are educated to solve problems.

1 Like

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by sunsewa: 11:13am On Jan 18, 2016
fitzmayowa:

APC's Modus Operandi

1. When you fail to fulfill your campaign promises blame GEJ/PDP

2. When you are asked for accountability blame GEJ/PDP

3. After running government for 8 months and people are still not feeling the "CHANGE" blame GEJ/PDP

4. When you make bad economic decisions blame GEJ/PDP

5. When you take forever to appoint ministers blame GEJ/PDP

6. When you can't tell nigerians that you won't be able to fulfill some of the bogus promises blame GEJ/PDP

7. When you are in doubt blame GEJ/PDP

8. When you junketeer around the world with no tangible result blame GEJ/PDP

I wonder when APC will stop this blame game and face governance squarely, APC led government has turned democracy to "blamemocracy"

Nigerians elected them to solve the problem of the country and not start throwing blames...SMH

When they foolishly barr foreign currency deposits to halts sliding of naira,but the naira still fall yakata,thereby putting the economy and a lot of businesses under threat,sacking of workers became the slogan,now after the damage has been done,they now realized their foolishness, and now lifted the ban on FCA,they should also blame it on Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by yungcheda(m): 11:13am On Jan 18, 2016
APC are a bunch of bastards. Blame your brains for being retarded. Idiots. Your 4 years have started counting. I even regret voting you people in.

3 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by jpphilips(m): 11:30am On Jan 18, 2016
[quote author=myproperty post=42085680]
How educated are you that forgot that Shagari inherited an empty treasury from OBJ and did not blame OBJ

There was an economic boom till 1977, Shagari squandered the proceeds which fueled a coup that dethroned him, who is he supposed to complain to?

How educated are you that also forgot that Amaechi's governors forum kicked against saving.

You started very well in your comments but as expected of many Nigerian youths, you introduced traders market gossip in your submission.
The ECA was created by the OBJ's administration which is a form of savings from the excess crude account, though the account was in contravention of the constitution, the FG held on to the funds in good faith hence no complain from the governors who by constitutional provision are supposed to be beneficiaries of the funds as well.

Came Jonathan's administration, Okonjo iweala and Jonathan in cohort were withdrawing from the account illegally, a breach of good faith that has upheld its existence in the face of illegality.
The latest discovery was a 1.07T illegal withdrawal that financed Jonathan's 2011 elections and fraudulent subsidy claims by his cronies, on that premise, the governors forum opted to remind the FG the true status of the account by declaring it illegal in court.

That is not where the story ends, after the money was shared, the FG's share was still substantial hence the SWF was created from that amount. Presently, Kolade who was appointed as the manager of the funds resigned saying that he has never seen a kobo since his committee was inaugurated.

So If you had sense these are the questions to ask;

Why did Amaechi demand the sharing of the ECA? If he didn't, what fate will befall it in the hands of okonjo and jonathan?
After the Sharing, what happened to the Fg's share of the ECA?

You may tame your ignorance here
http://transparencyng.com/news/117-politics/5595-sovereign-wealth-fundgovernors-reject-n107trn-illegal-deductions.html

"The governors described the action of the government as executive lawlessness and impunity. They claimed that the proposed disbursement of $1 billion by the federal government, her minister of finance and other officers would create a state of fait accompli and helplessness, if not stopped immediately".

How educated are you that refuse saying the truth that as at May 29 GEJ left behind the sum of US$29billion in Foreign Reserve and $2billion in

$29b in a $500b economy with crude sales of over $115 per barrel for 3years? you are a fvcktard!!

please the period of victory honey moon is over. let the government go to work and stop blaming

I agree with this part unequivocally.
Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by franudi: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2016
PassingShot:

That is why we voted for change. Stop blaming GEJ .

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by danmasani101: 11:37am On Jan 18, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by franudi: 11:41am On Jan 18, 2016
minifuworld:
dont you know that its our external reserve that GEJ is using to defend the dollar then and that is we citizens dont feel it much but now that the external reserve as gone so low what can the present administration do
Let the present administration resign.

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Dom2020: 11:41am On Jan 18, 2016
how long will it take the present government to start making sound economic policy and stop this blame game? honestly we're tired of their excuses

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Tokt: 12:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
lomprico:

How long did the democrats blame the republicans?

Till date, they make reference to the rot Bush and his cohorts did to the economy.
Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 18, 2016
PassingShot:

As things stand, oil remains the largest foreign earners for Nigeria by a mile.

Diversifying the economy doesn't happen in a year of a new govt even if it's their top priority. It takes time.

Btw, it's our collective oyel. If you no like, Go hang!
passingshot where are you from....which state...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by Abbey3443(m): 12:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
APC need to realise they are no longer the OPPOSITION party, they are now the RULING party for Christ's sake. They earlier they come to the realisation of that the less they will stop the blame game.

2 Likes

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by bobby56(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
minifuworld:
dont you know that its our external reserve that GEJ is using to defend the dollar then and that is we citizens dont feel it much but now that the external reserve as gone so low what can the present administration do
I thought you guys said Jonathan WASTED the ECA on Campaign and frivolities. So now you know he was using it to defend the NAIRA. And that is what Buhari (thru Emefiele) had been doing since the free fall of the Naira from June 1, 2015 due to a "Lack of good Economic Policy". I pitied you guys who always stand in defence of this INEPT, CRIPPLED, and FRAUDULENT Govt. I pray it would not be too late before you realised you ought to have been holding it accountable for its ACTIONS and INACTIONS. Very soon, if their wives refused to give them food in the home, they would BLAME JONATHAN. BUNCH OF CLOWNS!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by allthingsgood: 12:49pm On Jan 18, 2016
x12345678x:

True fiscal federalism...what do u fink?

Its good in theory! But in reality Nigeria of today cannot sustain complete federalism. Very few states can survive on their own without dependence on the center
Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by mekonglobal(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2016
Chubhie:

I wondered why the enchanted zombies caged by the sorcery of chanji mantra are yet to accept Jesus as their Lord and be free from Apc bondage?
gringrin This one got me! I'm an Apc fan but i neva envisage it to be dis bad...anyways we still pray n hope for d best. And for d record i am not in any bondage, cos my bible tells me 'that if the son shall set me free..............
Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by kuroben4real: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2016
PassingShot:

blaming? then u av succeeded in saying nofin, they knows d situation & promised to rectify it, they wouldn't av blame anyone if everything is good, & for sure they would av received some credit. we are short of time so start seriously working
Re: Fall Of Naira, Economy: Blame Jonathan, Says APC - Vanguard by nwoko12: 1:10pm On Jan 18, 2016
Barrel of oil called from 75$ to 50$ and naira was devalued with 32 naira but oil falled from 33$ to 29.8$ and naira was sold for 305 naira my man even the blind knows we are in one chance government
PassingShot:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Arrest Asari Dokubo Now - Middle Belt Forum Patron Tells Security Operatives / Sylva Beats Alaibe, Wins APC Bayelsa Governorship Ticket / Rivers Rerun : They Have Federal Might, But We Have The People - Wike (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.