Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? (690 Views)

What Makes A Man More Attractive To Women / Why Its Wrong To Date UGLY Girls (pictures Added) / A Man's Guide To Be Attractive; When You Don't Look Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by efx91(m): 9:36am On Jan 18, 2016
New poster here. A bit disappointed that it is coming in the romance section but hey, ‘you gotta start from somewhere eh?’

Bit of background:

We’ve been together for over a year now, a long distance relationship (I really do hate those). She’s in her second year in school and I am working. We do get to meet some 3 to 4 times a year. Chat, voice calls, video calls remains the order of the day.

On one of those such long calls, I asked she tells something about herself that I don’t know (or she thinks I don’t know) to which she responded that I know everything about her and she turned the question back at me. Feeling ‘free’ and unhinged, I told her among other kinda embarrassing stuff that, and I quote, “I actually find your friend #name attractive”

Que awkward silence…

Our relationship hasn’t known peace ever since.
Her point of view: “What you said is irritating! How can you claim to love someone and yet you find some else attractive?”
My point of view: “Hey, for Christ’s sake, I am not comparing you two. It’s just like we sitting together watching a beauty pageant and judging who is good looking and who isn’t”

I initially didn’t apologize cause I had the belief that you shouldn’t apologize if you are not truly sorry, which I wasn’t, after all I was being honest. I eventually did apologize, but she still gets upset and very uncomfortable whenever she sees the friend I question which is, on the average, everyday!

Point of this thread? I would like to hear your views, comments, opinions and/or bashings as I intend to share this with her sometime later hoping it helps us move on.

PS: something tells me I ain’t gon receive much support from nl ladies but abeg, guys, no fall my hand.
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:38am On Jan 18, 2016
No its not wrong

Ur happiness matters

Its good to b self centered grin the lesson i learnt from guys

Care bou u ursef nd u f*ck ur partner nd his or her feelings
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2016
Is the issue of terminology
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by Blanc8(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2016
Who is that one up there saying your happiness matters... how does what he said related to the crap you wrote

Errm, Guy Efx ,nothing is wrong #myopinion, it's better as you air it compare to nursing the opinion in you, and having thoughts of banging her

You know Chiqs na, they have issues a lot, just keep letting her know her friend is nothing compared to her, she's awesome and all..

that yarn you talk dey like threat to her..
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by Ifakiland(m): 10:39am On Jan 18, 2016
efx91:
New poster here. A bit disappointed that it is coming in the romance section but hey, ‘you gotta start from somewhere eh?’

Bit of background:

We’ve been together for over a year now, a long distance relationship (I really do hate those). She’s in her second year in school and I am working. We do get to meet some 3 to 4 times a year. Chat, voice calls, video calls remains the order of the day.

On one of those such long calls, I asked she tells something about herself that I don’t know (or she thinks I don’t know) to which she responded that I know everything about her and she turned the question back at me. Feeling ‘free’ and unhinged, I told her among other kinda embarrassing stuff that, and I quote, “I actually find your friend #name attractive”

Que awkward silence…

Our relationship hasn’t known peace ever since.
Her point of view: “What you said is irritating! How can you claim to love someone and yet you find some else attractive?”
My point of view: “Hey, for Christ’s sake, I am not comparing you two. It’s just like we sitting together watching a beauty pageant and judging who is good looking and who isn’t”

I initially didn’t apologize cause I had the belief that you shouldn’t apologize if you are not truly sorry, which I wasn’t, after all I was being honest. I eventually did apologize, but she still gets upset and very uncomfortable whenever she sees the friend I question which is, on the average, everyday!

Point of this thread? I would like to hear your views, comments, opinions and/or bashings as I intend to share this with her sometime later hoping it helps us move on.

PS: something tells me I ain’t gon receive much support from nl ladies but abeg, guys, no fall my hand.
bro how will u feel if she told u she finds ur bestfrnd attractive?
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by chibuike65: 10:57am On Jan 18, 2016
bros that's lookery you are committing, and girls hate it you can talk the gist with your fellow guy not with her, you can put it this way baby this your friend is hot but you're hotter than her at that moment, but don't look her friend in her present any how not to talk of telling her your friend is hot she will be looking at you as cheater that you can go out with her friend. you're wrong bros
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by Jayjay0(m): 10:58am On Jan 18, 2016
Is it wrong to Breathe while in a relationship undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by efx91(m): 11:02am On Jan 18, 2016
sickstars:
No its not wrong

Ur happiness matters

Its good to b self centered grin the lesson i learnt from guys

Care bou u ursef nd u f*ck ur partner nd his or her feelings

Errm, are you trying to be sarcastic? Cause what you saying don't make no sense, seriously!
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by efx91(m): 11:04am On Jan 18, 2016
Oma307:
Is the issue of terminology

My thoughts too. One physical, the other sexual
Re: Is It Wrong To Find Some Else Attractive When In A Relationship? by hectorrwilliams1(m): 11:07am On Jan 18, 2016
The mistake you made was spitting out that raw fire in you... Such things you only debate with ya self.. Ladies hate that even if u didn't mean it!!

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Naija Girls Love Valentines Day / Can Anyone Translate To English? See Love Letter Officer Security Wrote To A Sec / Guys Beware Of ATM Girls!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.