Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu (2536 Views)

Buhari Forced Me To Contest As Governor- El- Rufai / PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Jonathan’s Guards Forced Me To Stand In The Rain – Detained Punch Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2009
Yar'Adua forced me into exile - Ribadu http://odili.net/news/source/2009/jun/21/403.html

Former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC),Nuhu Ribadu, at the weekend said President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua was after his life and actually forced him into exile.
The erstwhile EFCC boss made the assertions in an interview with the Hausa Service of the British Broadcasting Corporation ( BBC) in London which was monitored in Kaduna.

He also recalled the traumatic experience he went through while at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, Jos in Plateau State.

Ribadu said the President, right from the on set, was not comfortable with the mode of operation at the commission, when he was in charge.

Ribadu also lamented that it was not his plan to go on exile let alone go back to school there, noting that the world economic hardship has taken a toll on him.

He is currently studying at the prestigious Oxford University in the United Kingdom.

Said he: "Whatever that happened that is how God wants it, but it is something with the government. The way we worked in the past, this government doesn't want it.

"They said I should go to school, I was in school. They followed it up and said they had sacked me. Not done on the graduation day, I was not allowed to receive my certificate, I was forced out with my children and family.

"The President knows and he has sent me out of the country."

Asked whether he was making a blanket allegation on the present administration, Ribadu stated, "Who will have done this work if not him (Yar'Adua)?"

"Is this even something that we will argue? Everybody knows that it was the government. God knows what happened and God will judge us."

On Yar'Adua's recent interview with The Guardian on his inability to have resigned from the commission he simply quipped: "I don't even understand what was credited to him, he is the President. Did he call me and said I should leave the work, and I did not? What is there if not suffering and making enemies and foes? God knows I did this work with nothing and without greed, "

However, he dismissed the allegation that he has taken documents from the commission. "It is not true, I worked with the support of other committed people to build the EFCC to where we left it."

On the allegation that former President Olusegun Obasanjo used him and dumped him, Ribadu argued: "People should know there was differences in our work. This Obasanjo I don't even know him. It was work that joined us and he gave me freedom and has never said Nuhu come and do this.

" But you cannot stop people with their dispositions. I investigated him and found nothing indicting against him but I got his daughter.

"Today I am suffering here because I don't want to stay abroad. It is suffering here. Only recently I started earning salary after one year.

"I got a job with the Centre for Global Development. I thank God the demand for my service is increasing in the world. Hardly two or three days without my attention being needed across the world. I thank God for this."
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2009
ribadu: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile

cre8tivity: no, you forced yourself into exile. you ran away because you knew the shit was about to hit the fan.

ribadu:They said I should go to school, I was in school.

cre8tivity: yes, you were sent back to school because you were behaving like a bush boy

ribadu: They followed it up and said they had sacked me.

cre8tivity: you bastard, you weren't sacked until you refused to show up at work. they even gave you additional 20 days for your ass to show up, but you did not show up. what do you expect?

ribadu: I was not allowed to receive my certificate, I was forced out with my children and family.

cre8tivity: you were lucky they did not lock u up. yes, they did not allow you to receive your certificate because as usual you crossed the line; you did not obey the rules and regulation. All your classmates had their police uniforms on, but you came to the ceremony like a prince of saudi arabia with a bariga attire on. you felt like you were too big to have on your police uniform as required by the law.
you played yourself.
I'm glad you were dragged away right in-front of ur children. a good lesson for them to always obey the rules and regulation.
there is nobody bigger than nigeria.
fyi: ribadu certificate was given to him next day (order was given by yaradua).

ribadu: The President knows and he has sent me out of the country.

cre8tivity: mr ribadu, please stop fooling yourself. you are the last thing on mr president's mind.
if you're not a thief and a bastard, please return back to the country and come and face all charges against you like a man.

ribadu: Everybody knows that it was the government's work. God knows what happened and God will judge us.

cre8tivity: i hope God also judges you on how you played nigerians and how you stole from us.

can you guys believe that this fool is still out there crying?
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ribadu faces extradition as tribunal fixes trial for Sept 23
http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.tribune.com.ng"

The former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, is set to be deported to Nigeria from the United States of America to face trial over alleged failure to declare his assets while in office as the tribunal on Tuesday held that he must face trial.

The counsel for Ribadu, Mr. Femi Falana, had earlier told the tribunal that the former anti-corruption boss could only be brought to Nigeria by extraditing him from his current base in the US.

Falana consequently challenged the power of the tribunal to try Ribadu over his alleged failure to declare his assets as enshrined in the fifth schedule of the 1999 Constitution.

Ruling on his trial on Tuesday, the tribunal gave him till September 23 or be declared wanted.

While dismissing the application brought before the tribunal by his counsel to challenge the jurisdiction of the tribunal to hear the matter, the tribunal chairman, Justice Constance Momoh (rtd), said if he failed to appear at the next adjournment, the tribunal would issue bench warrant of arrest on him.

Falana, had said failure of the prosecution counsel to serve his client the charge to appear before the tribunal showed that the tribunal lacked the competence to proceed with the trial, adding that bringing an accused to court must be in accordance with the procedures permitted by the law.

According to him, without proper service of the charge to the accused, there would be no fair hearing, adding that proof of service was fundamental to fair hearing.

If Ribadu shows up on September 23 he will take his plea on a three-count charge slammed against him by the bureau.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ribadu must face trial, tribunal insists

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"
From GODWIN TSA Abuja
Wednesday, June 24, 2009

For embattled former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, there is no respite in sight as the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) on Tuesday, insisted that he must face trial on alleged failure to declare his asset while in office.

Besides, Chairman of the Tribunal, Justice Constance Momoh said the tribunal might be forced to issue a bench warrant on Ribadu, if he failed to appear to answer charges against him at the next sitting.
The tribunal took the decision after she dismissed the objection raised through Ribadu’s counsel, Femi Falana that his client was not properly served.

It also rebuffed attempt by the prosecution counsel, Ahmed Kyari to push for a bench warrant for the arrest of Ribadu.
Falana at the previous sitting had told the three-man panel that Ribadu was not properly served the originating process, so he could not be forced to appear.
According to him, Section 52 of the Criminal Procedure Code Act, CAP 491, Laws of the Federation, Abuja, 1990 provides that an originating process may be served on a male adult in a household if the accused is not available.

Since the process was served on Ribadu’s wife, Falana argued that it was defective therefore Ribadu was not properly served before the tribunal.

He contended that the tribunal lacked the power to modify the word ‘male’ for ‘female’ in the Act.
But delivering ruling yesterday, Justice Momoh dismissed the submission. She said Section 14 of Interpretation Act, Laws of Federation of Nigeria made provisions that where a male is mentioned in an act or law, it could be substituted with the word ‘female.’

Besides, she held that since Falana had announced his appearance for Ribadu in the matter, it is deemed that he has waived his right to claim.

She referred to NUB Ltd Vs Samba Pet Company Ltd, 2006, 12 Nigeria Weekly Law Report, page 105.
“A person who takes part in proceedings, filing applications, moving and defending them, and defending applications filed by the adverse party in the eyes of the law does so as if all is well. He would not be allowed after taking part in the proceedings to turn around and complain about things left undone that should have been done. He would deemed to have abandoned his legal right to object by his conduct. He is stopped from objecting. The abandonment of his legal right to object to the irregularity amounts to a waiver”.
“It is the conclusion of the tribunal that the Preliminary Objection lacks merit and the tribunal has ruled that it has jurisdiction to hear and proceed with the case”, the tribunal held.

Ribadu was accused of alleged failure to declare his asset as required of a public servant while in office.
Justice Momoh led-tribunal had on April 30 ordered him to appear on Wednesday to take his plea.
The prosecution argued that an accused is allowed to be served through a substituted means under Criminal Procedure Code Act, CAP 491, Laws of the Federation, Abuja, 1990.

At the last sitting, Falana had recalled informing the CCT when the matter started on January 28 that his appearance for Ribadu was out of sheer respect for the tribunal because he (Ribadu) was not in country when the process was served on his wife.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Afam(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
Bad belle united.

Even with all the mistakes Ribadu may have made as EFCC chairman he is 100% better than over 90% of people trying to make nonsense of his stewardship and the fact that other nations and bodies require his services is enough to prove that he was and certainly is what some Nigerians are desperately trying to make him out to be.

If we had up to 4 Ribadu's in different areas in Nigeria a lot of positive changes would have taken place.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2009
cre8tivity, why the deep-seeded hatred for Ribadu? Were you one of his babes and are now missing his services?
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by kokoA(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2009
I don't give a damm. Who cares what hapens to ribadu or even yar'adua. They are both looters. God will judge all of them.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by joshO: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ribadu's plight only confirms one thing.

In Nigeria, when you're in power, just lap it up, indulge yourself and everyone around you and make a killing in the process. Who cares about the system working. No one will appreciate it in the end (at best they'll just pay lip service and you'd sooner be forgotten). If he'd played along with the likes of Ibori, Odilli etc, he'd probarbly have been made IG of police with billions stashed away in foreign bank accounts.

Being decent, or even half decent in Nigeria gets you nowhere fast!.  I have certainly learnt a lot from his experience and will conduct myself "appropriately" if ever I'm given the opportunity to "serve"
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Depilot(m): 6:05pm On Jun 24, 2009
All the charges brought against this guy have been consistent for almost a year.
And what bothers me the most is the fact that Ribadu goes all over the world talking about everything but the charges against him. He criticizes the same Yaradua he helped brought to Aso Rock.

If you are a lawyer you will know that these charges are very simple and straight forward if you're clean.
Ribadu has left many of us with no other option but to believe that he has something very dirty to hide; if not he would have come forward to answer all these questions and make his supporters proud.
But instead, he is busy roaming about and attacking the new government (he assisted in putting together), which I do not think is different from the one Ribadu himself worked for, just couple of years ago.

I think these bastards are all the same at the end of the day. I honestly believe that supporting Ribadu at this point is the beginning of playing a damn fool.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Afam(m): 7:21pm On Jun 24, 2009
Depilot:

All the charges brought against this guy have been consistent for almost a year.
And what bothers me the most is the fact that Ribadu goes all over the world talking about everything but the charges against him. He criticizes the same Yaradua he helped brought to Aso Rock.

If you are a lawyer you will know that these charges are very simple and straight forward if you're clean.
Ribadu has left many of us with no other option but to believe that he has something very dirty to hide; if not he would have come forward to answer all these questions and make his supporters proud.
But instead, he is busy roaming about and attacking the new government (he assisted in putting together), which I do not think is different from the one Ribadu himself worked for, just couple of years ago.

I think these bastards are all the same at the end of the day. I honestly believe that supporting Ribadu at this point is the beginning of playing a damn fool.

1. Is this poster aware that Ribadu's car was riddled with bullets while he was in the car by suspected assassins?

2. This poster simply prefers Ribadu to fly into the country to defend non declaration of asset not stealing or looting public funds even if it means the young man being killed in the process by the powers that be.

It is a shame that while we are trying to appear smart we have ended up exposing our gross ignorance and shallow level of reasoning on a public forum.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by joshO: 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2009

The more I read peoples view on Ribadu, the more shocked I get. Unbelievable!

This is witchhunt. Fullstop. Powerfull forces at work. To think of the sacrifices Ribadu made and what could have been had he been 1% as greedy as Ibori! And someone comes here to quote the law as though the Nigerian system was as transparent and free as America's or Britain,  How many people, including politicians declare assets accurately, ? The is simply aware that he'll be locked up and forgotten in Kuje if he sets foot in Nigeria, and justifiably so. If the systgem sets out to get you, IT WILL. Justice Constance Mommoh is just a pawn in a high stakes game.

He'll be so rubished if he returns, that even his most loyal supporters will start having doubts about him. Power of manipulation that's rife in Nigeria.

If you subject Yar'Ardua, the AG, IG's, Ministers to any level of scrutuny, you'll find they have much more to hide, !

I'm truely sick of our country!

This is why people will ALWAYS compromise and play along rather than stand up for the common good in Nigeria.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Depilot(m): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2009
1. Is this poster aware that Ribadu's car was riddled with bullets while he was in the car by suspected assassins?

2. This poster simply prefers Ribadu to fly into the country to defend non declaration of asset not stealing or looting public funds even if it means the young man being killed in the process by the powers that be.

It is a shame that while we are trying to appear smart we have ended up exposing our gross ignorance and shallow level of reasoning on a public forum.
From what you have listed (groundless rumors), it is obvious that you read too much Nigerian newspaper. I see no need to entertain you, it is Ok to accept whatever gives you peace at night.
I just wonder how long it will take many of us to start thinking on our own!
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by TayoD1(m): 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2009
@topic,

Its a shame that someone like Ribadu is in exiale while rogues like IBB and co are still being invited to wine and dine in Aso Rock.

Something's wrong with that picture!!!
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Afam(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2009
Depilot:

From what you have listed (groundless rumors), it is obvious that you read too much Nigerian newspaper. I see no need to entertain you, it is Ok to accept whatever gives you peace at night.
I just wonder how long it will take many of us to start thinking on our own!

There are useful thoughts just as there are useless thoughts so the idea of thinking on our own does not guarantee that we think right.

Groundless rumors that he was nearly assassinated but for the bullet proof vehicle? You are just a big clown.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Depilot(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2009
Yes, groundless rumors! Which one is your favorite, Odeli Newspaper or Amebo daily news?
Ribadu must come forward and make up proud, till then he's nothing but another 419.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Abuzola(m): 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2009
All fingers are not equal so don't expect men to be alike, @creativity- show him some love
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by joshO: 10:01pm On Jun 24, 2009
Ribadu must come forward and make up proud, till then he's nothing but another 419

You must realise that this Rule of law thing is just a charade aimed at protecting a few powerful goons
I'd sooner see Yar'Adua DIE in office than Ribadu being persecuted. He's done way too much for
Nigeria to be subjected to this nonesence.

The tens of thousands of inmates awaiting trial in Nigerian prisons, , who fights for them? Definitely not the Attorney General. He's way to busy dealing with high profile cases and protection of the sacred cows in Nigeria.

Political asylum is there for people who are being persecuted under whatever disguise!.

Ribadu should remain where he is because what's happening is simply payback.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by vigasimple(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2009
Selective, subjective, opposition attack dog.

You can accuse RIBADU of whatever you want to, or for him fleeing for his dear life,BUT let it be said and on record that EFCC under him fought corruption, and as he Ribadu predicted corruption fought back to the extent they rubbish him and painted him with whatever brush they like.

What the present govt and their cronies want to achieve is exactly what they are achieving, and even get ordinary members of the public like me and yourselves to buy their rubbish.

On main question we need to ask ourselves to expose their lies is WHY DID YAR A'LIAR NOT SAY THAT RIBADU IS UNFIT, INSURBODINATE OR CORRUPT AND REMOVE HIM DIRECTLY?

What did they do instead, they send him to some dodgy school in Kuru while YAR A'CLUELESS is maintaing that he is not being removed when the whole Nigeria knows that is exactly what they are doing through the back door.

Ask yourself another important question, WHEN IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA BEFORE RIBADU DID ANY POWERFUL PERSON GOT PROSECUTED LET ALONE GOES TO PRISON. NADA

ANOTHER ONE , SINCE WAZIRI CAME, IS IT NOT PLEA BARGAINING THEY ARE DOING. STEAL N1BILLION PAY BACK N4MILLION NAIRA.

SHINE YOUR EYES PEOPLE
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 3:43am On Jun 25, 2009
as a great citizen of nigeria, ribadu must return home as soon as possible to face all these charges like a man. he will not gain anything from running away from the truth. if you can not trust your security guard, who else can you trust? ribadu has been running for too long, which tells me that some of these charges may be accurate. i clearly do not see any big deal in answering few questions if he happens to be a saint as he has presented himself to nigeria. it is time for this man to come out clean from the darkness.
kalu was arrested, questioned and he wasn't killed
ibori went through the same thing
igbinedion went through the same thing
aborishade went through the same thing twice.
marwa went through the same thing
bode george wen through the same thing
fani kayode went through the same thing twice
babangida's son went through the same thing
ladoja went through the same thing.
so, my people, ribadu doesn't have 2 heads and he's definitely not bigger than nigeria. he must come out and answer these questions or else he remains a criminal who doesn't deserve to step into nigeria ever again.
i think it is very important for all of us to know what really happened to all these missing federal government properties. it is only fair.
for your info: ribadu hates living outside nigeria, i was told that he cries daily like a baby. so, why can't you (his supporters) encourage him to let go his defective ego and come out clean?
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 3:45am On Jun 25, 2009
I don't give a damm. Who cares what hapens to ribadu or even yar'adua. They are both looters. God will judge all of them.
i hear you my brother
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 3:47am On Jun 25, 2009
[b]All the charges brought against this guy have been consistent for almost a year.

I think these bastards are all the same at the end of the day. I honestly believe that supporting Ribadu at this point is the beginning of playing a damn fool.[/b]

gbam!
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 4:06am On Jun 25, 2009

this is a good sample why we can never move forward in this country.
so because ribadu has done a "GREAT" job, he should be permitted to rubbish our rules and regulation? what exactly are we teaching our kids in nigeria?
regardless of the past, regardless of who has gotten away with murder in nigeria, the correction must start from somewhere and some day. we can not continue to give excuses for these people who only capitalize in rubbishing our Constitution, taking advantage of their position and stealing our money.
and the very sad part of nigerians is the fact that no-one is willing to put stop to this craziness, or stand upright for what is right. we all tend to have 1 or 2 excuses for our heroes (even without knowing the fact); some of us will defend adedibu till next year, while others will defend akala and ribadu till tomorrow, this is absurd.
when exactly are we going to discover a true leader among us?
mr. afam, it is clear to me that you're not a leader and i'm sorry that you can never be one.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by TheSeeker(m): 9:57am On Jun 25, 2009
Ribadu did some wonderful job while in office but at the same was used as a searchlight for OBJ's political foes. Overall, I think he's the best anti-corruption officer Nigeria has ever produced and should be proud of. However, given his penchant for transparency as he preached always, he should come back to Nigeria irrespective of what they are planning to do to him and answer allegations leveled against him, after all, it's not like he will be sentenced to an electric chair. Or is he scared they'll mete out the same treatment he did to others? I remember vividly a certain House of Rep member died in their custody, that didn't professionally speak well. MR. RIBADU, come and answer questions and don't defy the rule of law or it will haunt you for life.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Flancey: 10:17am On Jun 25, 2009
Nigerians are very funny pple. Here was a man who stepped on powerful toes and did his job without fear but favour(sometimes).
Ofcourse after his master left, it was very natural for things to turn the other way but its a shock that he is being witch hunted today by the powers that be. Its a matter of time, the men of power today will soon find themselves in his shoes. Its a vicious circle. Ask Al Mustafa.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by biola44: 10:22am On Jun 25, 2009
one day,
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by joshO: 11:46am On Jun 25, 2009
kalu was arrested, questioned and he wasn't killed ibori went through the same thing

You are comparing Kalu and Ibori to Ribadu? Do you understand the political clout these guys wield?
They had nothing to fear. They are extremely wealthy and powerful - politically and economically. They
know they will NEVER face justice with the likes of Yar in power!

Ribadu, on the other hand, can not boast of anywhere near that level of influence. In fact, he'll have the likes
of IBB, Ibori, Kalu and virtually all the serving and past governors, past 419 kingpins, Ex IG's of police, Yar
queuing up to take shots at him. And you want him to return?

When Ibori was held in detention temporary, his visitors read like a roll call of the who is who in Nigeria.
Governance in Delta State was suspended to allow ALL the comissioners and functionaries
to pay him a visit in Kaduna!

Please when making comments, lets be objective and understand the system under which
Nigeria operate! Nigeria is not Britain or America!
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by SegzyJoe(m): 11:55am On Jun 25, 2009
@post
Of a truth, Ribadu touched many lives in Nigeria directly or indirectly, positively or negatively, depending on which side of the law you were during his reign. There are many relatives and beneficiaries of treasury looters on nairaland. And I won't be suprise if cre8tivity is one of such people.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2009
You are comparing Kalu and Ibori to Ribadu? Do you understand the political clout these guys wield?
They had nothing to fear. They are extremely wealthy and powerful  - politically and economically. They
know they will NEVER face justice with the likes of Yar in power!

Ribadu, on the other hand, can not boast of anywhere near that level of influence. In fact, he'll have the likes
of IBB, Ibori, Kalu and virtually all the serving and past governors, past 419 kingpins, Ex IG's of police, Yar
queuing up to take shots at him. And you want him to return?

When Ibori was held in detention temporary, his visitors read like a roll call of the who is who in Nigeria.
Governance in Delta State was suspended to allow ALL the comissioners and functionaries
to pay him a visit in Kaduna!

Please when making comments, lets be objective and understand the system under which
Nigeria operate! Nigeria is not Britain or America!
you did not catch my point, darling.

to progress in nigeria, we must learn how to feed peter the same way we feed paul, regardless of the situation. nobody is here comparing ribadu to kalu; we are only making a point that we are all nigerians with only one head attached to our bodies. we must be treated equally if we want to compete with other developed countries.
ribadu was invited the same way kalu, ibori, ibb jr., marwa, ladoja, fani kayode, aborishade, igbinedion were invited. all of them held top level positions with the previous administration. so, i do not think ribadu has any rights to feel too big or too special to be invited. nobody is bigger than nigeria.
if ribadu was a smart dude, he would have done the right thing many months ago and make his enemies look like jokers. but fine boy is too dull to see through the darkness, he continues to hide and run all over the world like a mademoiselle, while his blind supporters (fools) continue to beat the hero drum behind him.
ain't that something?
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by cre8tivity(f): 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2009
Ribadu did some wonderful job while in office but at the same was used as a searchlight for OBJ's political foes. Overall, I think he's the best anti-corruption officer Nigeria has ever produced and should be proud of. However, given his penchant for transparency as he preached always, he should come back to Nigeria irrespective of what they are planning to do to him and answer allegations leveled against him, after all, it's not like he will be sentenced to an electric chair. Or is he scared they'll mete out the same treatment he did to others? I remember vividly a certain House of Rep member died in their custody, that didn't professionally speak well. MR. RIBADU, come and answer questions and don't defy the rule of law or it will haunt you for life.

gbam!
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Fhemmmy: 2:28pm On Jun 25, 2009
When you dining with the vulture, always remember that when there are no more dead bodies, and the vulture is hungry, you will be killed and be made food.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Afam(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2009
cre8tivity:

this is a good sample why we can never move forward in this country.
so because ribadu has done a "GREAT" job, he should be permitted to rubbish our rules and regulation? what exactly are we teaching our kids in nigeria?
regardless of the past, regardless of who has gotten away with murder in nigeria, the correction must start from somewhere and some day. we can not continue to give excuses for these people who only capitalize in rubbishing our Constitution, taking advantage of their position and stealing our money.
and the very sad part of nigerians is the fact that no-one is willing to put stop to this craziness, or stand upright for what is right. we all tend to have 1 or 2 excuses for our heroes (even without knowing the fact); some of us will defend adedibu till next year, while others will defend akala and ribadu till tomorrow, this is absurd.
when exactly are we going to discover a true leader among us?
mr. afam, it is clear to me that you're not a leader and i'm sorry that you can never be one.

@cre8tivity, BigB1 or IBB's son,

Thanks for the comments you posted above.

At least you addressed me as Afam which is my real name.

Can you do this forum a favor and stop using multiple usernames and consistently denying that you are IBB's son?

While I understand your hatred for Ribadu for daring to state that IBB was very very corrupt I hope you understand that you cannot fool all the people all the time.

With zero credibility on your part I see most of your comments as trash and fit for the dust bin.

By the way I have never claimed to be a leader neither have I told you I intend to be one. One thing I will not become is someone without credibility and nothing in this world will make me deny my father just because a lot of Nigerians openly make their views on him known.
Re: Yar'adua Forced Me Into Exile - Ribadu by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2009
TheSeeker:

Well duh!!! The man has said it time and time again that he is scared for his life. Why ask if he is too scared?? Roflmao!!! No Seriously, why should he come back to Nigeria to answer these allegations

Jeezz!!!

Look, I think we ought to be realistic here. The government has definitely made some serious allegations against this man. Problem is we the Nigerian people, have no way of verifying is this is not all being made up to discredit the man since he seems to have support on the international front, and also to lure him back in so they can finally shut him up. I mean we all know that Nigerian criminals have no problem coming back to Nigeria to find safe harbor when they need one. That this man, even if he actually is guilty of all that he is being accused of, feels it is best for him to stay away, makes me wonder if the government has it right.

From history, we all know how far the Nigerian government is willing to go to cover up its atrocities and this includes luring people back only so they get silenced through one means or another. I am not saying there is some conspiracy here, Just that there is simply no reason why this man should, of his own, go back to Nigeria when he has made it absolutely clear he is afraid for his life and that the Nigerian government is unable to guarantee him free and fair trial, should he come back.

I am neither for nor against Ribadu, but I do believe if the government really was serious about getting him down here, it would present its case against him to the government in the country where Ribadu is currently residing. As long as the government can show that it has a case, the foreign government should be willing in some way to help make sure justice is served the Nigerian people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

31 Year Old Edo Lady Stuffs Hair With Heroin - Just For 4,000 Euros. / Atleast She Is Better Than Mariam Abacha: How Can People Say A Thing Like This / Uncle Toms In Africa, And On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.