Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

I Think The Bible Is Just Weird - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think The Bible Is Just Weird (2828 Views)

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2009
At first I thought it was a huge conspiracy to deceive people, then I screamed at the obscenities in the book. Right now I think its just plain weird, what do you think?
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by MrCrackles(m): 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

At first I thought it was a huge conspiracy to deceive people, then I screamed at the obscenities in the book. Right now I think its just plain weird, what do you think?

NOTHING! cool
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Abuzola(m): 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
Chris brown why not state ur point and let them defend it.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 1:51am On Jun 23, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

I think you need to think about why you think so much about a book you think is fiction.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:25am On Jun 23, 2009
JeSoul:

I think you need to think about why you think so much about a book you think is fiction.
Look around you, what is there not to be bothered about? Look how some peeps here turned out grin grin
As for the koran, its just plain stupid grin grin no beef grin grin
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Tudor6(f): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2009
Its quite sad really. With all the advancement in science and knowledge people have failed to see how stupid and naive the bible is. . .
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by jagunlabi(m): 1:01pm On Jun 23, 2009
The bible is there to wake people up from their hypnotic state.That is what the inconsistencies,barbarisms and obscenities are there for.But if the people choose not to wake from their spiritual slumber, what can be done?
The bible is the most atheistic book in existence simply because it makes complete nonsense of religious doctrines based on it, deliberately(in my opinion).The number of religious folks this book has deconverted is not to be underrated at all.It is huge.All that is needed is to really read it,fully awake.That is all that is needed, and that has led to so many religious folks deconverting,and the number is growing by the day.Numerous testimonies on the ex-christians.net website by deconverted christians show quite clearly that by actually reading the bible by themselves,on their own initiative, instead of having to rely solely on what their preachers tell them played a significant role in their deconversion.
This is a book to be respected by all atheists instead of being ridiculed.Where else do atheists get more ammo to attack the religious minded outside of the bible?Anybody ever consider that?The bible is the most misunderstood book in history.
Strange, ain't it?
Chrisbenogor:

Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Look around you, what is there not to be bothered about? Look how some peeps here turned out grin grin
As for the koran, its just plain stupid grin grin no beef grin grin

Exactly[b] some[/b]. Are all schools now 'weird' because some students don't learn? are all hospitals 'weird' because not everyone will get well?

I think its a cop out. Those with negative persuations towards the bible/religion almost always focus on the religious bad eggs and use that as jusitification to massage their unfortunate religious aversion.

All the while turning a blind eye to the good that many many christians (catholics and protestants) do all around the world everyday.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2009
JeSoul:

Exactly[b] some[/b]. Are all schools now 'weird' because some students don't learn? are all hospitals 'weird' because not everyone will get well?

I think its a cop out. Those with negative persuations towards the bible/religion almost always focus on the religious bad eggs and use that as jusitification to massage their unfortunate religious aversion.

All the while turning a blind eye to the good that many many christians (catholics and protestants) do all around the world everyday.
Jesoul,
True there are many people who do good that are Christians but that is not because they have rationally considered what they are doing they are just blindly following the bible to the letter and even in the face of overwhelming evidence they still choose to follow the bible. Take the position of some resident biologists here on Nairaland, they would rather follow the position of what some men wrote thousands of years ago and all the while thinking that others who follow their own writings from thousands of years ago are gullible!
To them the book is always true and if its the evidence that contradicts it then the evidence must be thrown out.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by toneyb: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2009
I wrote this on another thread but let me write it here again. The bible is very weird when you look at it in context. There are so many many things about it that make a lot of sense and also a lot about it that are outright falsehood, irrational and nonsensical. It contains some accurate historical accounts and a lot of inaccurate or embellished historical accounts that were re-written to make the people that wrote it look good or powerful. It contains some good ideas about the world and how people live and interact with each other and also a lot of mis-information and non factual or scientific in accurate and wrong narratives.

People in different countries write their own history based on their perception and what they find to be true, and so what if they embellish, it's their history.

The Old Testament is the Hebrews history with all the embellishments that they chose to place in it to show that they were strong, and not weak and that their god was stronger and better than the gods the other people around them worshiped. They also wrote their history in a very skewed fashion to show that they were picked on, and that they didn't pick on others. They didn't start the fights but they would end it or when ever they started the fights against others they did so because their god told them to go and kill off the others steal their lands, rape their women and take their animals because they worshiped other gods. That was always the case, kill others and take what belongs to them because they worshiped other gods.

The New Testament is the same thing but this time from a Christian perspective.

The Qu'ran is the same thing but this time from an Islamic perspective.

et al, on all other religions and peoples.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:25pm On Jun 23, 2009
@toneyb
I read somewhere about Love your Neighbour as yourself meant love the Jews as yourself, or thou shall not kill meaning- thou shall not kill the jews, you got any clues?
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by toneyb: 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

@toneyb
I read somewhere about Love your Neighbour as yourself meant love the Jews as yourself, or thou shall not kill meaning- thou shall not kill the jews, you got any clues?

Sure in house love or order they call it, The 10 commandments were for the jews only and it was made to keep the race together so that they will flourish. Thou shall not kill by it is ok to kill the infants of the gentiles. Thou shall not steal but it is ok to steal what belongs to the gentiles, thou shall not rape but it is ok to take the virgins kids of the gentiles and rape them, even scarifice some of them to yahweh.

Numner 31 vs 15 "Have you allowed all the women to live?" he asked them. 16 "They were the ones who followed Balaam's advice and were the means of turning the Israelites away from the LORD in what happened at Peor, so that a plague struck the LORD's people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18[b]but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.[/b]
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 12:07am On Jun 24, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Jesoul,
True there are many people who do good that are Christians but that is not because they have rationally considered what they are doing they are just blindly following the bible to the letter
  lol . . . I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Are you suggesting that all christians who follow the good teachings of the bible are simply misguided? Say it ain't so Chris.

and even in the face of overwhelming evidence they still choose to follow the bible. Take the position of some resident biologists here on Nairaland, they would rather follow the position of what some men wrote thousands of years ago and all the while thinking that others who follow their own writings from thousands of years ago are gullible!
To them the book is always true and if its the evidence that contradicts it then the evidence must be thrown out.
  Overwhelming evidence? I have read/followed just about every science/religion thread on NL, and I am yet to be acquainted with this overwhelming evidence thou speakest of. As a matter of fact both sides usually leave with each side claiming victory. I'm not a biologist, but I'm an analytical chemist who comes in contact every day with scientists on both sides and I've seen its pointless to 'argue' these matters. Becos this weird bible Chris tells me that you & I will think very differently, foolish to you is life to me, life to you is foolish to me. This unshakable fact seems to escape way too many discussants on these boards.

Besides if you knew what it meant to be a christian you'll understand that doubt is a false luxury we do not waste time on. So you're right even if all the science in the world proved tomorrow Noah's ark never existed, I'll still believe the biblical account - does this make me irrational? perhaps - but only to secular minds that have not been met & transformed with the power and grace of God on a personal and intimate level, and hence are unaware that the God of the bible is not bound to or limited by the laws of physics or biology or chemistry - He created them in the first place. He can choose to violate them whenever He pleases.

The way I see it, most times both sides of the aisle believe in something that neither can definitively prove nor disprove. And I'm okay with that. I've always said the gospel was meant to be preached, not proven - you choose to either believe it or not.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by toneyb: 12:53am On Jun 24, 2009
JeSoul:

Besides if you knew what it meant to be a christian you'll understand that doubt is a false luxury we do not waste time on. So you're right even if all the science in the world proved tomorrow Noah's ark never existed, I'll still believe the biblical account - does this make me irrational? perhaps - but only to secular minds that have not been met & transformed with the power and grace of God on a personal and intimate level, and hence are unaware that the God of the bible is not bound to or limited by the laws of physics or biology or chemistry - He created them in the first place. He can choose to violate them whenever He pleases.

"[Cognitive Dissonance Theory] has shown how individuals cannot easily dismiss a belief or attitude they hold, even when the attitude is directly contradicted by evidence or events. People will sooner adopt farfetched ideas to explain events than relinquish their preconceptions."

- Marc Galanter
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by bawomolo(m): 1:43am On Jun 24, 2009
Besides if you knew what it meant to be a christian

and what exactly does it mean to be a christian? a mormon, greek orthodox or a baptist etc?

The Bible is a book open to a wide range of interpretations.

The time in which the bible was written should be taken in context. We should expect a book that old to weird and well a bit archaic.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 2:17am On Jun 24, 2009
toneyb:

"[Cognitive Dissonance Theory] has shown how individuals cannot easily dismiss a belief or attitude they hold, even when the attitude is directly contradicted by evidence or events. People will sooner adopt farfetched ideas to explain events than relinquish their preconceptions."

- Marc Galanter

By all means, Mr Galanter is entitled to his theories.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 2:24am On Jun 24, 2009
bawomolo:

and what exactly does it mean to be a christian? a mormon, greek orthodox or a baptist etc?

The Bible is a book open to a wide range of interpretations.

The time in which the bible was written should be taken in context. We should expect a book that old to weird and well a bit archaic.

A point that was never in dispute. Which is the problem we have today of every manner of sect and looney group using the bible as justification for their various twisted belief system.

Look all I'm saying is this, just because people have abused the bible and perverted its teachings to their own agendas doesn't automatically discredit the bible. I'll keep saying this, there are so many christians out there doing good, whose actions and behavior and lifestyle are undeniably righteous by all human standards, why focus on only the bad eggs and say "there, christianity is false"?
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by noetic2: 2:44am On Jun 24, 2009
JeSoul:

A point that was never in dispute. Which is the problem we have today of every manner of sect and looney group using the bible as justification for their various twisted belief system.

Look all I'm saying is this, just because people have abused the bible and perverted its teachings to their own agendas doesn't automatically discredit the bible. I'll keep saying this, there are so many christians out there doing good, whose actions and behavior and lifestyle are undeniably righteous by all human standards, why focus on only the bad eggs and say "there, christianity is false"?

why is this so hard for bawomolo to understand?
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:12am On Jun 24, 2009
JeSoul:

lol . . . I'm not quite sure what to make of this. Are you suggesting that all christians who follow the good teachings of the bible are simply misguided? Say it ain't so Chris.
    Overwhelming evidence? I have read/followed just about every science/religion thread on NL, and I am yet to be acquainted with this overwhelming evidence thou speakest of. As a matter of fact both sides usually leave with each side claiming victory. I'm not a biologist, but I'm an analytical chemist who comes in contact every day with scientists on both sides and I've seen its pointless to 'argue' these matters. Becos this weird bible Chris tells me that you & I will think very differently, foolish to you is life to me, life to you is foolish to me. This unshakable fact seems to escape way too many discussants on these boards.

The way I see it, most times both sides of the aisle believe in something that neither can definitively prove nor disprove. And I'm okay with that. I've always said the gospel was meant to be preached, not proven - you choose to either believe it or not.
Is there any thread here on Nairaland where there is a victor? When the issues cannot be proven by scientific method like say "God will send fornicators to hell" we can aruge till dawn but when it comes to scientific issues such as "Did Jesus Christ have a father", "Was his mother a virgin at birth", raise lazarus from the dead, and so on we have a definitive answer which is a yes or no even if there is little surviving evidence.
Before I go on I should ask you if any our over zealous fundamentalists here have written a peer reviewed journal on why evolution is false and refer us to it, I see no reason in wasting time to show what over 98% pf the scientific community in the world believe to be true.
Let me try and drive this home to you as an analytical chemist, you tell me that a metal conducts electricity, a non metal does not conduct electricity, but then I scream foul play, how come silicon conducts electricity too, you say well for now you do not know but it seems it has a relationship with temperature and I scream lie lie lie the bible says all elements do not conduct electricity! I mean when were the noble gases named so and all elements grouped accordingly? or where was silicon first put on the periodic table? I hope you get the point.
You are saying faced with such evidence you would throw the evidence away and pick the bible that all elements created by God must react and even when Argon does not you shrug and say well maybe Argon is not an element.

Deary, this is yet another reason why I think being religious is not for me at all and a purely irrational state of the mind, doubt is the catalyst behind many great things that have happened to man, without our doubting faculties we are nothing but robots programmed to do the bidding of the master (which sadly is the man who interprets the "word" to you) without asking questions as to why. Without doubt we hijack planes and slam them into the world trade center, without doubt we strap bombs to ourselves and blow innocent women and children, without doubt we would look at a verse in the bible that clearly shows babarism and no respect for women at all - genesis 19:5, judges 19:23 only a mind without doubt would read this and not be mad at the outright disregard for a woman as a human being!
Ok lets calm down now, I do not need to bible to tell me that people in the world see things differently, truth of the matter is nothing we see touch, feel, smell and hear are really very accurate  representations of what really is. The human brain runs a very sophisticated simulation software, our eyes for instance never give our brains a true picture of what is out there, the brain continously constructs an updated model updated by coded pulses and optical illusions should make that point very clear to you ( do a google search on the necker cube or a hollow mask and see what tricks your eyes can play on you ) same goes for our other senses. So my dear we all experience different things on different levels it does not make the experience any more spiritual.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

Is there any thread here on Nairaland where there is a victor? When the issues cannot be proven by scientific method like say "God will send fornicators to hell" we can aruge till dawn but when it comes to scientific issues such as "Did Jesus Christ have a father", "Was his mother a virgin at birth", raise lazarus from the dead, and so on we have a definitive answer which is a yes or no even if there is little surviving evidence.
Before I go on I should ask you if any our over zealous fundamentalists here have written a peer reviewed journal on why evolution is false and refer us to it, I see no reason in wasting time to show what over 98% pf the scientific community in the world believe to be true.

Let me try and drive this home to you as an analytical chemist, you tell me that a metal conducts electricity, a non metal does not conduct electricity, but then I scream foul play, how come silicon conducts electricity too, you say well for now you do not know but it seems it has a relationship with temperature and I scream lie lie lie the bible says all elements do not conduct electricity! I mean when were the noble gases named so and all elements grouped accordingly? or where was silicon first put on the periodic table? I hope you get the point. 

smiley You miss my point Chris. I get where you're going with the above scenario but the bottomline for a christian is this God is not bound to or limited by the laws of nature, physics, chemistry or biology. He can choose to break them whenever He wants as is narrated so many times in the OT - the crossing of the Red Sea, the plagues on Egypt, Daniel in the Lions den, the 3 Hebrew boys thrown into the furnace but didn't suffer a scratch etc . . .

You are saying faced with such evidence you would throw the evidence away and pick the bible that all elements created by God must react and even when Argon does not you shrug and say well maybe Argon is not an element.
  I'm saying faced with a scenario that is physically, chemically & naturally impossible, I believe and know to be true that God can do this apparent impossiblity. Which is why I say even if science proves this or that cannot or did not happen - it will remain irrelevant to me and my fellow christians - because God does the impossible all the time!

Deary, this is yet another reason why I think being religious is not for me at all and a purely irrational state of the mind, doubt is the catalyst behind many great things that have happened to man, without our doubting faculties we are nothing but robots programmed to do the bidding of the master (which sadly is the man who interprets the "word" to you) without asking questions as to why. Without doubt we hijack planes and slam them into the world trade center, without doubt we strap bombs to ourselves and blow innocent women and children, without doubt we would look at a verse in the bible that clearly shows babarism and no respect for women at all - genesis 19:5, judges 19:23 only a mind without doubt would read this and not be mad at the outright disregard for a woman as a human being!
  You're mixing so many issues here I'm not even sure where to begin.
Doubt in the God what we never entertain, doubt in the world around us is welcome at all times smiley. And no doubt is not what caused the terrorists to fly into those buildings - it was baseless religious fanaticism, one which was void of love and compassion. A good yardstick to measure ones religion is to see how your religion teaches you to treat your friends and enemies.

Now as for the OT, I'm wary of going into 'discussion' with you on it cos I've noticed it hits an intense emotional cord in you. But let me say this, every christian, has struggled immensely with many events God allowed and even commanded in the OT. And I will tell you now that several of them I have no good answer for. But what I've seen is that until we understand the complex nature of God, the fireceness of His love and wrath, we won't understand the things He did.

Ok lets calm down now, I do not need to bible to tell me that people in the world see things differently, truth of the matter is nothing we see touch, feel, smell and hear are really very accurate  representations of what really is. The human brain runs a very sophisticated simulation software, our eyes for instance never give our brains a true picture of what is out there, the brain continously constructs an updated model updated by coded pulses and optical illusions should make that point very clear to you ( do a google search on the necker cube or a hollow mask and see what tricks your eyes can play on you ) same goes for our other senses. So my dear we all experience different things on different levels it does not make the experience any more spiritual.
  I think 'differently' was a severely inadequate word for me to have used . . . as far as the east is from the west, and as high as the heavens are above the earth - that's the difference btw how you & a christian will think. Its more than just different experiences and backgrounds, so much more than that. I mean the evidence is right here on NL, see how much you disagree with the other christians on the board - the way both sides think so differently?
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Jesoul,
This is where I rest my case, your still the best, cheers.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by toneyb: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2009
JeSoul:

By all means, Mr Galanter is entitled to his theories.

Didn't you just show that his theory is true? grin
JeSoul:

smiley You miss my point Chris. I get where you're going with the above scenario but the bottomline for a christian is this God is not bound to or limited by the laws of nature, physics, chemistry or biology. He can choose to break them whenever He wants as is narrated so many times in the OT - the crossing of the Red Sea, the plagues on Egypt, Daniel in the Lions den, the 3 Hebrew boys thrown into the furnace but didn't suffer a scratch etc . . .

grin grin Why is it that Christians despite claiming to have a part of this god that separated the red sea into two living in them (holy spirit) are unable to do any of these things? Christians claim to have the spirit of their god himself living in them but non of them is yet to walk on water, turn water into wine, heal the blind, survive being put in a furnace or survive inside a fish for 3 days. Even though Jesus said that those who follow him will do greater things than he did.

When men were primitive as someone said god was all over them, eating with them, sewing cloths for them, addressing them through public speech, fighting along side them in battles and making the stars to fight along side men in battles, but when men because advanced god became invisible and ran away. We dont see any god fighting along side Christians any more like he did in the bible.

JeSoul:

Now as for the OT, I'm wary of going into 'discussion' with you on it cos I've noticed it hits an intense emotional cord in you. But let me say this, every christian, has struggled immensely with many events God allowed and even commanded in the OT. And I will tell you now that several of them I have no good answer for. But what I've seen is that until we understand the complex nature of God, the fireceness of His love and wrath, we won't understand the things He did.

Most Christians try to Justify the things that were done in the OT, Christians say that the OT only applies to Jews but they still spend a lot of time trying to Justify the things that were written down grin grin.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Tudor6(f): 4:14pm On Jun 24, 2009
How can stars fight in battle?
The other day abuzola claimed the moon came down and bowed to mohammed!

Are you religionists not ashamed of yourselves? shocked
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

@Jesoul,
This is where I rest my case, your still the best, cheers.

That's too bad, I was looking forward to a good discussion. But thanks for remaining the gentleman that I've become very fond of kiss smiley

Toney & Tudor,
I'm tempted but I'll resist. I know neither of you fine fellas are really intrested in true discourse, but moreso just wish to air your greviances against all things religion. So I must pull a Chris on you and rest my case also smiley.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by mnwankwo(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2009
The laws of Nature are the laws of God in material universes. By studying the laws of nature we start to gain understanding of the working of God in material universe and then undertand the works of God in non material universes. Thus the laws of God operating in material universes or Nature is the law of Nature. The laws of God operating in the spiritual universes is the spiritual laws. The laws of God operating in the divine worlds is the the divine laws. And the origin of these these laws of God is God himself. In other words, God is the living Law. But what actually does laws of Nature mean? The Laws of God simply are the intrinsic properties of all formed and unformed creations of God. Because these properties are intrinsic, they appear to us as laws because of their immutability and impossiblity to annual. In other words, their are really no laws in actual sense but intrinsic properties, potentialities and abilities. Thus for instance, if an object has an intrinsic property of physical mass, it will attract other objects. This inevitable attraction is what is designated as law of gravity. In reality the law of gravity simply puts into concept the inevitable attraction between objects due to the intrinsic property of mass. He who undertands how these intrinsic properties or nature of creations can adapt to them and achieve things which are regarded as miracles. Such a one will also know that certain things are impossible even for God because they negate the intrinsic property which God himself made. For instance it is impossible even for God to convert stone into a human body because the stione as it was originally made by God has no precursor or substance from which a human body can be derived. It is impossible to make a seed of corn to develope to a plantain tree because the intrinsic nature of the seed of corn has nothing in it from which plantain can develop. Thus it is impossible to change the intrinsic nature of creatures and creations. You can only change the forms. Thus a clay remains a clay and nothing can change it. But the clay can be moulded to a pot, a plate etc. Looking at a beautiful plate, it will be hard for many to see the clay that was moulded into the form plate. Only when a man can see the clay in the pot, the plate, the calabash etc has he taken a step forward in understandanding the laws of God.

1 Like

Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Tudor6(f): 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2009
@Jesoul
Oh please spare me the honorable debater charade!
There's nothing new you can say other than same old twisting the meaning of scriptures however it suits your point.
So i likewise pull a chris and rest my case. . . .
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2009
Tudór:

@Jesoul
Oh please spare me the honorable debater charade!
There's nothing new you can say other than same old twisting the meaning of scriptures however it suits your point.
So i likewise pull a chris and rest my case. . . .
If that be your opinion of the matter so be it, you are most certainly entitled to it. No qualms brotha.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2009
m_nwankwo:

The laws of Nature are the laws of God in material universes. By studying the laws of nature we start to gain understanding of the working of God in material universe and then undertand the works of God in non material universes. Thus the laws of God operating in material universes or Nature is the law of Nature. The laws of God operating in the spiritual universes is the spiritual laws. The laws of God operating in the divine worlds is the the divine laws. And the origin of these these laws of God is God himself. In other words, God is the living Law. But what actually does laws of Nature mean? The Laws of God simply are the intrinsic properties of all formed and unformed creations of God. Because these properties are intrinsic, they appear to us as laws because of their immutability and impossiblity to annual. In other words, their are really no laws in actual sense but intrinsic properties, potentialities and abilities. Thus for instance, if an object has an intrinsic property of physical mass, it will attract other objects. This inevitable attraction is what is designated as law of gravity. In reality the law of gravity simply puts into concept the inevitable attraction between objects due to the intrinsic property of mass. He who undertands how these intrinsic properties or nature of creations can adapt to them and achieve things which are regarded as miracles. Such a one will also know that certain things are impossible even for God because they negate the intrinsic property which God himself made. For instance it is impossible even for God to convert stone into a human body because the stione as it was originally made by God has no precursor or substance from which a human body can be derived. It is impossible to make a seed of corn to develope to a plantain tree because the intrinsic nature of the seed of corn has nothing in it from which plantain can develop. Thus it is impossible to change the intrinsic nature of creatures and creations. You can only change the forms. Thus a clay remains a clay and nothing can change it. But the clay can be moulded to a pot, a plate etc. Looking at a beautiful plate, it will be hard for many to see the clay that was moulded into the form plate. Only when a man can see the clay in the pot, the plate, the calabash etc has he taken a step forward in understandanding the laws of God.

Sir, how have you been? smiley
I always find your entries most colorfully intresting smiley. Where I predict we'll have a handicap in discussing is that you do not subscribe to the bible as a reference - which makes my job virtually impossible. But I do find your above submission most intresting. May I ask how you reached such a position on the matter?
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by toneyb: 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2009
JeSoul:

Toney & Tudor,
I'm tempted but I'll resist. I know neither of you fine fellas are really intrested in true discourse, but moreso just wish to air your greviances against all things religion. So I must pull a Chris on you and rest my case also smiley.

Please Jesoul don't pull a Chris on me. grin
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Tonyet1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2009
Chrisgbenobor:

Look around you, what is there not to be bothered about? Look how some peeps here turned out  
As for the koran, its just plain stupid    no beef  

since both books are weird and stupid, can we read yours, who knows, *peeps just use their fingers to type terrible things sometimes, maybe its because of hmmm: SPIRITUAL FRUSTRATION*

get a life my bro, choose a side
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JeSoul(f): 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2009
toneyb:

Please Jesoul don't pull a Chris on me. grin

lol . . . aight my Chris has been rescinded cheesy kiss
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by mnwankwo(m): 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2009
JeSoul:

Sir, how have you been? smiley
I always find your entries most colorfully intresting smiley. Where I predict we'll have a handicap in discussing is that you do not subscribe to the bible as a reference - which makes my job virtually impossible. But I do find your above submission most intresting. May I ask how you reached such a position on the matter?

Hi JeSoul. I am fine my sister. And you? Thanks for your kind words. I also find your entries very interesting. Above all, you are a very honest and good human being. May God continue to strengthen you. I reached such a position following my experiences in material and non-material creations of God as well as through revelations given to my spirit by God. Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bidam, Let's Discuss The Right And Wrong Applications Of The Law / Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi...your Silence Is Embarrassing! / Rapture: No One is Disappearing to Anywhere.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.