Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

I Think The Bible Is Just Weird - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think The Bible Is Just Weird (2831 Views)

Compelling Evidence That The Bible Is True - Fulfilled Prophecy / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology / Part Of The Bible Is Straight From Egyptian Mythology(plagiarism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Tudor6(f): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2009
^^^^
BULLSHIT!
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Abuzola(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2009
Shameless atheist who lack moral
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by jagunlabi(m): 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2009
Depends on what you mean by moral.Is strapping bombs to your body and blowing yourself and innocent people up for allah moral? grin
Abuzola:

Shameless atheist who lack moral
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by muhsin(m): 5:09pm On Jul 04, 2009
Thats all you can say--gibberish and nothing meaningful. cheesy
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Jul 04, 2009
The seeming 'contradictions' in the Bible are there for a reason.  God has deliberately included seeming 'contradictions' in His Word to "snare" the proud.  He has "hidden" things from the "wise and prudent" and "revealed them to babes" (Luke 10:21), purposely choosing foolish things to confound the wise (1 Cor.1:27).

The Bible seems to be 'weird' to Atheists, Muslims, occultics and skeptics alike because it appears to have many 'apparent' contradictions within its pages.  For example, the four Gospels give four differing accounts as to what was written on the sign that hung on the cross.  Matthew said, "This is Jesus the King of the Jews" (Matt. 27:37).  However, Mark 'contradicts' that with "The King of the Jews" (Mark 15:26).  Luke says something different when he said; "This is the King of the Jews" (Luke 23:38), and John maintains that the sign said "Jesus of Nazareth the King of the Jews" (John 19:19).  Those who are looking for contradictions such as the Atheists, Muslims and occultists would jump to the conclusion and say "A ha, the Bible is weird, full of errors!"  and choose to reject it entirely as being untrustworthy.

Genuine Christains who trust God have no problem harmonising the Gospels.  There would be no contradictions if the sign simply said, "This is Jesus of Nazareth the King of the Jews."  The godly base their confidence on two truths:

[list]
[li]1. "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God" (2 Tim.3:16), and;

2. An elementary rule in Scripture that God has deliberately included apparent contradictions in His Word to "snare" the proud.[/li]
[/list]

If an ungodly man refuses to humble himself and obey the gospel, and instead desires to build a case against the Bible, God gives him enough material to build his own gallows.  So in a sense, the Bible can be used to make your own noose to hang yourself or it can be used as a lifeline used to escape from the pit of hell, the choice is yours.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by 3spade3(m): 2:20pm On Aug 22, 2009
The Most High hasn't given you understanding yet. Be patient.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:40pm On Aug 22, 2009
angry angry angry Please pay attention christian's. . .hope this time around you'will keep your "Jesus Christ" off my Pennis,keep your jesus out of my Life,im freaky tired of all these madness in practice believing a death Guy to be your saviour while still yet cant even save himself the time he was nailed on the cross,and Crying to another God"Father. . ! Father! why had thou forsaken me?.tell me is jesus christ not death before the bible was written ,so how then can you still claimed he sacrifice himself to the world and the fulfilment of the written prophessy,that guy"Jesus" died before the bible was written so please stop the so called blah blah blah. . .
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by 3spade3(m): 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

angry angry angry Please pay attention christian's. . .hope this time around you'will keep your "Jesus Christ" off my Pennis,keep your jesus out of my Life,im freaky tired of all these madness in practice believing a death Guy to be your saviour while still yet cant even save himself the time he was nailed on the cross,and Crying to another God"Father. . ! Father! why had thou forsaken me?.tell me is jesus christ not death before the bible was written ,so how then can you still claimed he sacrifice himself to the world and the fulfilment of the written prophessy,that guy"Jesus" died before the bible was written so please stop the so called blah blah blah. . .

Be patient.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:58pm On Aug 22, 2009
3spade3

What do you mean? ,i got my brain working well my dear and nobody ,Living and non Living entity would advice me on how to make use of it,Peherp's you may not know my level of understanding concerning religionism for now but in due time you feel me in.

Im not to be patient because i already got the answer with me,Only the Dog's from the madhouse"Church" will exercise patience in vanity upon vanity ,Who the heck is that Religion folks trying to advice me to follow up with all these many strange bullshit-?.when they dont even have a specific destination and dont know their present position.,im ready to put any human being through without paying any money,so-i love people showing interest in Learning new and hiden secret's of the world"Physically and spiritually"-im here to help those despirately want to know but not for continues arguementallity.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by 3spade3(m): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

3spade3

What do you mean? ,i got my brain working well my dear and nobody ,Living and non Living entity would advice me on how to make use of it,Peherp's you may not know my level of understanding concerning religionism for now but in due time you feel me in.

Im not to be patient because i already got the answer with me,Only the Dog's from the madhouse"Church" will exercise patience in vanity upon vanity ,Who the heck is that Religion folks trying to advice me to follow up with all these many strange bullshit-?.when they dont even have a specific destination and dont know their present position.,im ready to put any human being through without paying any money,so-i love people showing interest in Learning new and hiden secret's of the world"Physically and spiritually"-im here to help those despirately want to know but not for continues arguementallity.

I'm pretty sure many before you were looking for "something" also. I'm willing to learn. What can you teach me?
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2009
Yeah yeah you're right,im were looking for,and im still looking for to mesure in better understanding.,we are all here to share, Learn and teach each other,mesuring together and giving the best answer's.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by 3spade3(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

Yeah yeah you're right,im were looking for,and im still looking for to mesure in better understanding.,we are all here to share, Learn and teach each other,mesuring together and giving the best answer's.

Yep. We see the same sun.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by AndreUweh(m): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2009
Ogaga4Luv
It seems you are obsessional about christianity. You hardly attack the other great religion in Nigeria. Are you afraid of their bombs?.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
Actually, I think that it would be most appropriate for this forum is ,if we were all to shut up now. angry angry I dont like sharing with Ignorant people,how can you read the christian bible and still find an excuse to back it up?,impossible!.
yes,it irritate me more than the dirty from a death meat intestine when dopting about well confirmed truth,with even using brain.i mean living the brain to do the work?.
you see, that's the difference between us. I assume the best about people, while you assume the worst. So I get hurt, but you get nothing.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by JPot: 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2009
At first I thought it was a huge conspiracy to deceive people, then I screamed at the obscenities in the book. Right now I think its just plain weird, what do you think?

The weirdest and most life changing book I've ever come across - for certain. Obscenities in the Bible are there to show us what NOT to do. It's not promoting human obscenity.

As for me I think that it truly is weird how much historical and archeological finds correspond to the Bible. Its weird how many people change their derogatory life-styles and follow Christ every year. It's weird how Christians form one of the biggest humanitarian aid society around the world, without asking for any profit. It's weird how many truths and interesting things I find in the Bible. It's almost as though it wasn't written by people at all.

That's why I love the Bible so much. It's juicy, it's truthful, it's deep.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:03am On Aug 26, 2009
JPot:

The weirdest and most life changing book I've ever come across - for certain. Obscenities in the Bible are there to show us what NOT to do. It's not promoting human obscenity.

As for me I think that it truly is weird how much historical and archeological finds correspond to the Bible. Its weird how many people change their derogatory life-styles and follow Christ every year. It's weird how Christians form one of the biggest humanitarian aid society around the world, without asking for any profit. It's weird how many truths and interesting things I find in the Bible. It's almost as though it wasn't written by people at all.

That's why I love the Bible so much. It's juicy, it's truthful, it's deep.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by DeepSight(m): 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

Honestly, indeed o.
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by lekkie073(m): 11:46am On Jun 05, 2012
Ά book was written...ϑ author made some errors unknowingly...years passed and people start noticing the errors...then some other people said the author deliberately put the errors there...omg! some thinking faculties are so empty!
Re: I Think The Bible Is Just Weird by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 05, 2012
Chrisbenogor: At first I thought it was a huge conspiracy to deceive people, then I screamed at the obscenities in the book. Right now I think its just plain weird, what do you think?

If the bible is weird, leave it alone and move on , lol. grin

You spend a huge proportion of your time talking about a book which is of no use to you .

Atheists sef, guilty conscience is gnawing away at their hearts !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is God's Wrath Manifested By Eternal Fire At Variance With God's Love? / Shocking!!! ISIS Execute 21 Egyptians For Being Christians / Can Muslims Explain This. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.