Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) (34491 Views)

Guys Celebrate Buhari's Return By Drinking Water & Fanta From The Ground (Photos / Soldiers Block Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy In Ebonyi, Kanu Comes Down (Video) / Nnamdi Kanu Receives Scroll Of Covenant From Jewish Community In Africa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Abagworo(m): 1:01pm On Jan 19, 2016
Weeee:
Bro, trust me there are no wells in the east and the middle belt because there is no water underground. You will need to dig very deep to see water and the water would be red in colour.

There are wells in Igboland if that is what you meant by East. Igboland is Southcentral while Cross River/Taraba/Akwa Ibom are East geographically. "Omi" is "well" in Igbo language but has been phased out by modernisation into boreholes with sumo pumps or hand pumps known as "manpower". Ebonyi State is still upcoming and does not have much wealthy individuals to embark on community projects running into millions. 99% of water projects in Igboland was tgrough self help.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by donblade855: 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2016
ibotic:
This is sad....any way i love you donblade85
Nor be me and you. I dodge your love
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by igwe123: 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
I repeat, these a salt miners, they are not looking for drinking water, Ebonyi is not called salt of the nation for no reason
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Enesi47: 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
Will they still blame buhari for this or their state governor

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
Abagworo:

There are wells in Igboland if that is what you meant by East. Igboland is Southcentral while Cross River/Taraba/Akwa Ibom are East geographically. "Omi" is "well" in Igbo language but has been phased out by modernisation into boreholes with sumo pumps or hand pumps known as "manpower". Ebonyi State is still upcoming and does not have much wealthy individuals to embark on community projects running into millions. 99% of water projects in Igboland was tgrough self help.
Hmmmmm 'Omi' means 'water' in Igala. Thanks for the lecture though.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by igwe123: 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
Weeee:
Bro, trust me there are no wells in the east and the middle belt because there is no water underground. You will need to dig very deep to see water and the water would be red in colour.
Bros, we see well as something very primitive, everyhouse has its own borehole, or overhead tanks where tankers can fetch from comercial borehole and discharge.

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by igwe123: 1:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by toluwahala: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
these lazy bones all go pray God come and dig for 'em!then they claim they are the happiest people in the world!
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by igwe123: 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by igwe123: 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
More of the salt lakes of Ebonyi. when the numerous salt lakes dried up during dry season, locals dig to to get the salt water underground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2K8e3i-jP0
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by paramakina202: 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
Op make una dey there dey wait for government to pound akpu for una,na hunger and thirst go finish una for there.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Chuksteric(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
I went to this village in my community in Ebonyi state. I saw their plight and I cried deep inside my heart because this is so bad for a village to have this as their means of survival. No borehole. I here by call the Ebonyi state government to look into this issue and try to rectify it. Thanks a lot.
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Seun
please which local government are you from?
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by DrChukzy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2016
waledeji:
An IPOD village

So this is all ur small crayfish brain can muster? What's the relationship between ur post and what is written above?

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Adeyemi0(m): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
It is very possible,i'm serving at ebonyi state now i know how valuable water is..
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
Keneking:
They had a PDP gov for more than 16yrs. Good for them!

tell governor devil to install bore hole there.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
AdiscoPele:
Cant they dig a well?
Abi they want the state govt to dig one for them?
Yeye dey smell.

Op, i dont believe this your story o.

A whole Village?

Na lie jor.
...is true...I did my NYSC in ebony state...so many horrible and pathetic happenings there....is a pity
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by scoffield245(m): 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
I went to this village in my community in Ebonyi state. I saw their plight and I cried deep inside my heart because this is so bad for a village to have this as their means of survival. No borehole. I here by call the Ebonyi state government to look into this issue and try to rectify it. Thanks a lot.
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Seun
mention de name of the place so we people wit link 2 de govt agencies can ask dem 2 intervene 4 de community

2 Likes

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Walexz02(m): 1:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
This must be a joke , omo try harder
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by CyberWolf: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
OP that's a fat lie.. I'm from Ebonyi state and in my village, we have 5 public boreholes which was sunk by the village not government. This is excluding the ones owned by some individuals in their homes including mine.. Mention the name of the village, community and LGA angry

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by 7lives: 2:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
Keneking:
They had a PDP gov for more than 16yrs. Good for them!

This is the holy water from the PDP transformation ambassadors.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by farouk0403(m): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
asdfjklhaha:

Am from ebonyi state stop lying. Villages have community wells or streams where de fetch water from. Tell us d name of the village and local govt area so we can confirm ur story

Madam abeg go to afikpo that village wey get islamic center second school. The islamic center second school is the only place with good source of water, all the villagers na dear dem de fetch

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by lovelykween(f): 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ebonyi don't av gud soil, by now deir wells wud av dried up, so dey will b happy to have dis 1 dey r using sef.

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Liljeez(m): 2:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
#leavestoryfornovel
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by eightsin(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
This is a local government job... can't local government drill borehole again? How much will it cost them eh?
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:13pm On Jan 19, 2016
farouk0403:

Madam abeg go to afikpo that village wey get islamic center second school. The islamic center second school is the only place with good source of water, all the villagers na dear dem de fetch
You're still lying, where in afikpo do people fetch that kind of water from? Tell me d name of the particular village. Afikpo has lots and lots of community bore-holes and streams where people get water from. So that you saw someone taking water from that pit doesn't mean that a whole village or community gets their drinking water from there.

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
originalmachine:
...is true...I did my NYSC in ebony state...so many horrible and pathetic happenings there....is a pity

but you found the gals interesting. grin
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by princdebola201(m): 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
It is expected that the flat heads from erosion land will defend this .but they fail to realise that technically this is true for a region that doesn't have good water.a

Good Water in igboland is like Gold.

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by achi4u(m): 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
The Op is a junior brother to lie Muhammad who can turn white into black in a bit to lie.
As I type this message I'm inside Ebonyi state and I knew the nook and cranny of this state.... A son of the soil for that matter.
Wisdomski is a linus mbagrin
Not funny at all....

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by cele360: 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2016
why lying just for u to post a topic and make front page? places like that u see people crouded trying to fetch d scarce water, na wa o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by achi4u(m): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
Abagworo:

Meaning there's no 'manpower' or motorize bonhole in all the communities of Ebonyi state?
Well, ur language says 'Omi' which spot u out of not being an Igbo or a core Igbo.
You're the Op abi?
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by achi4u(m): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
originalmachine:
You did ur Nysc @Ebony p0rn site abi?
Lekwa nwangwuro nke a. Mtcheeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

21 Chibok Girls Released By BOKO Haram / Buhari Appoints Uchechi Orji And Isa Hayatu Chiroma As Heads Of Agencies / Poll Shift: Oshiomhole Dares INEC, To Resume Campaigns Despite Restriction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.