Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) (34490 Views)

Guys Celebrate Buhari's Return By Drinking Water & Fanta From The Ground (Photos / Soldiers Block Nnamdi Kanu's Convoy In Ebonyi, Kanu Comes Down (Video) / Nnamdi Kanu Receives Scroll Of Covenant From Jewish Community In Africa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
LOVEGINO:
Sai Changee! but to be realistic, they must be dull because they suppose make it more wider & deeper. #CommonSense

Not that logical as you think. this would be a nice clean river before dry season.

Digging would disrupt the river bed. Might yield water for now, but would affect flow later on.

They learnt over centuries to let water seep out little by little, makes it cleaner too. grin cheesy
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by owo(m): 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2016
Please provide contact details and full location of this community. Thanks
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Awaja(m): 6:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
which part of ebonyi uses this source of water!
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
Op, your community doesn't have name? And can't your boys, the same boys that dig 6 feet holes for burial, gather and dig a 60 feet well for your people to fetch water and use?
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by meforyou1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2016
AreaFada2:

Not that logical as you think. this would be a nice clean river before dry season.

Digging would disrupt the river bed. Might yield water for now, but would affect flow later on.

They learnt over centuries to let water seep out little by little, makes it cleaner too. grin cheesy
keep quiet joor. With all the advancements in technology, you are still using century-old method to source for water
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
meforyou1:
keep quiet joor. With all the advancements in technology, you are still using century-old method to source for water

You are very naïve.

70% of Nigerians live in the rural areas. Where do you think your grandparents come from? New York City? grin cheesy

How many boreholes have you sunk in your life to help others with relatively clean water?

I sunk my first one about 20 years ago. I mentioned it in the "Mini-gas plant thread" on NL some days ago.

Writing rubbish & criticising things here behind computer/phone screen is easy.

Those who criticise everything often contribute the least.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Asiri1991: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2016
Sorry for asking you these questions op. What is the name of your community? What Local government council is it located? I am typing now from a village called Amankwor in Onicha LGA of the said state and water supply is readily available here and other parts of the state that I have been to. Please, do not drag the state through the mire because you hate them. I served in Bayelsa and Ebonyi seems to be heaven compared to the standard of living in Kolokuma/Opokuma, Sagbama, parts of Southern Ijaw, Nembe as well as Ogbia. Ebonyi is only backward when compared to its sister states in the east and not states like Ekiti, Kebi, Kogi, Taraba, Gombe, Osun, etc.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by cybriz82(m): 7:58pm On Jan 19, 2016
Shame no even catch u.instead of u to get a shovel n mek d hole wider.u stand der dey snap those rat hole u call konga.crying for d govt mek he cme help u dig d hole or wetin?
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by farouk0403(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2016
asdfjklhaha:

You're still lying, where in afikpo do people fetch that kind of water from? Tell me d name of the particular village. Afikpo has lots and lots of community bore-holes and streams where people get water from. So that you saw someone taking water from that pit doesn't mean that a whole village or community gets their drinking water from there.

Maddam what will I achieved by lying to you? Let me tell you something I hate tribalism and I believe in 1 nigeria, some the village am talking about is Enofia afikpo go and ask someone that knows the place very well or if you are in ebonyi state ask any one about enofia afikpo islamic center the school is very popular
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by Walexsammy(m): 8:04pm On Jan 19, 2016
AdiscoPele:
Cant they dig a well?
Abi they want the state govt to dig one for them?
Yeye dey smell.

Op, i dont believe this your story o.

A whole Village?

Na lie jor.
jst as oil pollutes water(s) in south south thatz how it's been polluted by salt in ebonyi
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by LOVEGINO(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
omenka:
Sixteen years of PDP leadership in Ebonyi and counting, this is what still exists, and you come here to shout "sai change".

Stop pretending to be a fool. Doesn't look good on you.
ok sir cry
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by porshuch: 8:59pm On Jan 19, 2016
asadike:
Pls dont mention ebonyi state. What's d name of your village? Ndi igbo are not lazy. If what you are saying is true, why not dig a bigger well since water flows judiciously from d ground.
it is hard to get soft water in ebonyi State, ebonyi is filled with shales and is is hard to get good drinking water there.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by authority007: 9:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
Iyen na da, malaria n typhoid loading
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by AreaFada2: 10:14pm On Jan 19, 2016
meforyou1:
u are very funny. A big clown. A typical rural ebonyi man. Your backwardness is a disgrace to igboland.
Once we get Biafra, we will cut you guys out. U are not igbos one bit. Go join your Hausa Fulani 7th century people in the far north

Hahahaha!

Chai! Wahala dey o. So you even discriminate against core Igbo people like Ebonyi people? What of Anioma then?

I have no Igbo ancestry whatsoever. I just know they have great work ethic, business acumen and superb intelligence. From all over Igboland.

I have no reason to discriminate against anyone. Because I have great sense of my history & civilisation.

Discriminating against a section of your own tribe shows your innate primitive dispensation.

God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
ibotic:
This is sad our life must improve this is why I am happy to have left IPOB this is d kind of thing we should improve chukwu abiama o
were is your new home ??
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by thotianna: 4:30am On Jan 20, 2016
farouk0403:

Maddam what will I achieved by lying to you? Let me tell you something I hate tribalism and I believe in 1 nigeria, some the village am talking about is Enofia afikpo go and ask someone that knows the place very well or if you are in ebonyi state ask any one about enofia afikpo islamic center the school is very popular
Its in Afikpo south not so? That place is very underdeveloped.
I was suffering running stomach after drinking their water.
They don't have light and many people there lack basic primary education.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by PEZMAN(m): 7:45am On Jan 20, 2016
Timoleon:
fThank God for nysc....it helps some of us see the widespread poverty in this country...even in the midst of plenty.

note...scenes like dis exists in all geo-political zones....though it may not be as worse as this, nevertheless, would be an eyesore anyday anytime.

Confirm
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by showafrica(m): 8:50am On Jan 20, 2016
Wisdomkosi:
I went to this village in my community in Ebonyi state. I saw their plight and I cried deep inside my heart because this is so bad for a village to have this as their means of survival. No borehole. I here by call the Ebonyi state government to look into this issue and try to rectify it. Thanks a lot.
Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Seun

i schooled in Ebonyi and by this dry season, if you dont come out by 5am...the dropping spring water no go reach you. Govt try to drill manual borehole but the water is always very dirty with color and taste. I remeber contracting heavy doses of typhoid the day I drank it
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by ibotic(f): 9:07am On Jan 20, 2016
donblade855:
Nor be me and you. I dodge your love

Pls stop this
Stop twisting my words.
Thank you.
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by donblade855: 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
ibotic:

Pls stop this
Stop twisting my words.
Thank you.
sorry miss it was meant to be a joke and not to make you angry
Re: Source Of Drinking Water In My Community In Ebonyi (Pictures) by farouk0403(m): 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
thotianna:

Its in Afikpo south not so? That place is very underdeveloped.
I was suffering running stomach after drinking their water.
They don't have light and many people there lack basic primary education.

I tell you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives / 21 Chibok Girls Released By BOKO Haram / Buhari Appoints Uchechi Orji And Isa Hayatu Chiroma As Heads Of Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.