Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,402 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage (854 Views)

Edo Meets Yoruba: Traditional & White Wedding Photos / Abiriba Man, Ejindu Weds Two Women In Abia, Kisses Them (White Wedding Photos) / Plus Size Bride & Her Slim Husband At Their Traditional Marriage (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by tommyking: 7:21am On Jan 19, 2016
Though I have attended a friend's white wedding in the morning and traditional in the afternoon but this is quite different, I and my womand has been together for about 7yrs now, we have two male children, though I have gone to thier village for introduction and have even collected the marriage list, that was in 2014, ever since then my biz has been facing challenges which have made me unable to accomplish so many things, but this new year I belive by his grace I shall move mountain, but yesterday my pastor announced that he will be arranging blessed marriage in April this year, not just for us alone but also for others in the church, the ones like us, the ones their bride price have been paid, and the ones that that have not even done introduction, so long as they are living together with kids. One of the reason he gave was so that he will be able to pray effectively for us as husband and wife, then later we can go and complete the marriage rites, I dont know how my elder brothers will react to this because I have not seen it done like that, I'm from Delta but live in Rivers, my brothers are in Warri, and my woman is from Akwa Ibom, plz I need to know if it is right or not as I prepare to face my brothers and sisters with this development. Even money to buy coat or gown self man nor get, pastor dey make dis kain announcement. Serious contribution needed plz, Mod plz I beg u to move it to front page so that I can get quick response Plz it's very important to me
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 19, 2016
Oga don't be forced to do something u not ready for.....when the time is right u will make it official..........stop allowing pastors or whoever make decisions for u
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 19, 2016
Why not use the limited finances to pay bride price and do traditional marriage. Or just ensure d bride price is paid even if u want white wedding but bcus of family and ur brodas I think trad wedding shd follow d bride price.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by tommyking: 7:55am On Jan 19, 2016
KingEli:
Oga don't be forced to do something u not ready for.....when the time is right u will make it official..........stop allowing pastors or whoever make decisions for u

Thanks for ur advice, but that still didnt answer my question, is what my pastor trying to do normal thats just what I want to know, the decision to join the rest to organise the marriage rest with me.
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by tommyking: 7:58am On Jan 19, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Why not use the limited finances to pay bride price and do traditional marriage. Or just ensure d bride price is paid even if u want white wedding but bcus of family and ur brodas I think trad wedding shd follow d bride price.
I appreciate ur effort but I'm still looking for job because my biz has not yet improved, so for now no money yet
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 8:03am On Jan 19, 2016
tommyking:

Thanks for ur advice, but that still didnt answer my question, is what my pastor trying to do normal thats just what I want to know, the decision to join the rest to organise the marriage rest with me.
I've answered ur question bro.............do ur wedding when you can afford it.....but if u wanna go with ur pastor its still fine....but me, I won't do dat shi*
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by tommyking: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2016
KingEli:
I've answered ur question bro.............do ur wedding when you can afford it.....but if u wanna go with ur pastor its still fine....but me, I won't do dat shi*

Wether I go with the pastor or not is not what I'm after, because I havent seen it done b4, except my friend's own that was done same day so I would like to know if it is right, others can also learn from it too, wether I have the money to do it or not is not the issue here thank u
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 19, 2016
tommyking:

I appreciate ur effort but I'm still looking for job because my biz has not yet improved, so for now no money yet
ok. God will favour you this year bro. I like ur heart towards doing d right thing.
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by tommyking: 8:32am On Jan 19, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
ok. God will favour you this year bro. I like ur heart towards doing d right thing.

Amen my brother, I still want to know, I will be going to Warri any moment from now, not because of the marriage though, but while there I will still need to discuss some things bout my future with my seniors, I dont want to go to my eldest bro with this matter not yet resolved in my mind
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 10:43am On Jan 19, 2016
What your pastor is trying to do is not normal at alll.d cut d story short.take your wife to court nd register your marriage nd later on go nd pay d bride price wen you ave d money.church wedding is jst formalities,not soo neccessary
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by Creamish(f): 12:06pm On Jan 19, 2016
Can U afford the bride price and marriage list? That's all u need to formalize ur trad. The ceremony isn't necessary. See if this can be done before April.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by tommyking: 7:23am On Jan 20, 2016
madepearl:
What your pastor is trying to do is not normal at alll.d cut d story short.take your wife to court nd register your marriage nd later on go nd pay d bride price wen you ave d money.church wedding is jst formalities,not soo neccessary

Thank U, but do u ave any idea what it will cost me to do the registeration in court?
Re: Is It Right To Do A White Wedding B4 Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 20, 2016
tommyking:

Thank U, but do u ave any idea what it will cost me to do the registeration in court?
its not much like dat,but u can go to courts nd find out,ikoyi,agege,ketu marriage registries,go to any nd ask

(1) (Reply)

What I Did When I Caught My Husband With My Mum / I Don't Want To Be Your Secret Anymore [video] / What's Your Take On This? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.