Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,498 members, 7,826,872 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

What Best Can I Do In This Case? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Best Can I Do In This Case? (768 Views)

How Will You Defend Yourself In This Case? / Relationship Doctors, Please Judge This Case. Advice Me!!! / How Best Can You Explain This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Best Can I Do In This Case? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2009
I am into a relationship for about 2 years now. My fiancee is a very good girl, xtian, humble, pretty, loyal and I send her to university. She is about completing her 1st year now. The question is I have to resign from my work for a 2 years master programs petroleum engineering and geosciences abroad through a full scholarships. I do not realy know what to do concerning her. She want us to do introduction before I go. On my own, I am confuse because I would have wanted traditional wedding straight but the church said, time interval is too short. Besides, while will I marry and live her in Nigeria. My initial plan was to wed and get the marriage certificate submitted to the embassy so she can visit me at any time in Holland. I do not want to return to Nigeria immediately after my studies since I am resigning from work. Please, what best can I do in this case?
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2009
I don't think this should be an issue, if you really love her and you know you won't be coming back immediately the make arangements for her to join you. . .I think then should have something that carters to this sort of issues at the embassy.
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by izeek(m): 11:33am On Jun 23, 2009
IF U HAVE UP TO 3MONTHS INTERVAL BEFORE LEAVING THIS SHORES,
I SUGGEST U TAKE HER TO COURT AND DO A COURT WEDDING,
HAVE AN INTRODUCTION DONE AND THEN THAT WAY U HAVE LEGAL PAPERS TO TENDER AT THE EMBASSY.

ITS NOT AS HARD AS U THINK.
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by biola44: 11:45am On Jun 23, 2009
if u've got enough time, perform d marital rites n take her along
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by Raymonwell(m): 6:48am On Sep 01, 2009
Hi frd,i support d ideal 2 biola44 suggestion,cos u cn do d real marital stuff if truely u love her and u dnt wnt 2 b a looser,cos u her investing on her.so b rational person by havin benefit on what ever u engage.bye
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by Mitchelin(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2009
biola44:

if u've got enough time, perform d marital rites n take her along
Hear Hear!!
izeek:

IF U HAVE UP TO 3MONTHS INTERVAL BEFORE LEAVING THIS SHORES,
I SUGGEST U TAKE HER TO COURT AND DO A COURT WEDDING,
HAVE AN INTRODUCTION DONE AND THEN THAT WAY U HAVE LEGAL PAPERS TO TENDER AT THE EMBASSY.

ITS NOT AS HARD AS U THINK.
Hear! Hear!! again, failure to do all this my dear friend would result in catastrophe, yeah you could say I'm pessimistic,but I think I'm just being realistic, them long distance relationships don't work period, at least someone is liable to cheat, xtian or not!!! and a girl in her first year of study in school?, need I say more.
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2009
Thanks everybody, have already travelled and now i am in holland studying for my Msc in petroleum engineering and Geosciences. Thank you all for all your contributions and suggestion. The good God blesses you all. To the last contributor, you can remain without cheating. It doesnt matter if it was common , you can be diffrent. In Europe here where most guys are crazy about white girls and it is like promiscuity is nothing to them, I have alws remain myself. It is my consecration and commitment. It is not hard to do. Just know relationship demands commitment and you will find yourself doing it. Thank u all
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by pop247(m): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2009
jojohnson:

Thanks everybody, have already travelled and now i am in holland studying for my Msc in petroleum engineering and Geosciences. Thank you all for all your contributions and suggestion. The good God blesses you all. To the last contributor, you can remain without cheating. It doesnt matter if it was common , you can be diffrent. In Europe here where most guys are crazy about white girls and it is like promiscuity is nothing to them, I have alws remain myself. It is my consecration and commitment. It is not hard to do. Just know relationship demands commitment and you will find yourself doing it. Thank u all

Did u later marry her or do the introduction before u left to Holland or did u left her without any legal marital rite believing she wont cheat on u. Tell us
Re: What Best Can I Do In This Case? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
Did an introduction which was well attended to by the elders. It was a mini wedding if there is any word like that. However that was not the major emphassy on cheating. There are men and women who still cheat despite the presence of their husbands/wives. If you want to cheat, you choose to. But you can do without it whether you are watched, engaged or not. Thank you all. I leave the rest for God who is the maker of all things. Honesty and openess in the best policy. Even here, The white like talking about their boyfriends/girlfriends as if everything on eatrth depends on it. Seems those who have some clean principles are in the minority, test it you ll see that it is always true.

(1) (Reply)

Pregnancy Before Marriage, The Pros And Cons / Why Do You Think Most Girls Consider Being In A Relationship? / Im Confussed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.