Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors (6935 Views)

FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier / Any Ghananian Business Persons? / Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Ifygurl: 3:22am On Jun 29, 2009
shesi:

@ifygurl

where in the world do you come up with these statements that you make? seriously, you have made so many ridiculous statements i don't even know where to start.

nigeria started from scratch, ghana didn't? usa started from scratch, canada didn't? what are you talking about? So your point is Britain helped Ghana and not nigeria? Again, A BIG HOW? pls educate me. And btw, my point was not that a small population helps is better. My point was that a big population is no blessing. and can infact be a liability, especially when majority of them are uneducated or unproductive.

If you want an example closer to home, i can give you Libya. Libya has a population of about 6 million. In what way is Nigeria better than Libya? there are many other countries right here in africa i could use as examples, Egypt, South Africa.

But ofcourse i know what your next excuse will be. "they have better leaders", Nigerians always have this ready made excuse to explain every failure they have. "our leaders are bad". Who are your leaders? Are they not nigerians too? Do they not come from the same nigerian society?

You have made a host of other funny claims i don't even know where to start from. YOur whole argument is premissed ghana being better than nigeria. But again, i ask you, when did we say that? you mention one or two kids (in your own words) here on nairaland.

so let me get this, its ok for you to attribute the words of 2 kids to a whole nation but when ppl call nigerians criminals because of 419 boys (more than 2) you are all up in arms? LOL, surely you see the hilarity in this.

Look, you guys can go on calling yourselves giant of africa, god's gift to africa, the greatest country in africa, or whatever other self praising names your leaders throw on you to keep you quiet while they steal your resources.

Keep hating while we keep developing our 'local government'. We are moving forward. Ghana's star is on the rise. We are not interested in comparing ourselves to anybody. you ppl are the ones doing that. WE don't care at all. All we care about is our own country, and we prefer to compare ourselves with more advanced countries not fellow 3rd world strugglers like nigeria.

@ifygurl, i knew you were a kid even before you said you were 19. And for your information, 19 IS a kid. at 19 you are by all means still a child. So i hope you are not doing anything thinking you are an adult now cus you're not. Take that from me as a humble advice. You are still a kid at 19. You have a lot to learn still. But i like your fire. You're misinformed but at least you're persistent. nothing wrong in loving your country.

Oh btw, why are you ppl still doubting the Nigerian CEO who deposited fake currency. couldn't you have done a simple google search? anyway, he's a link

http://ghanabusinessnews.com/2009/04/04/how-amalbank%E2%80%99s-lawlessness-causes-diplomatic-row/

the name of the bank is AmalBank. maybe they have a branch in nigeria, i don't know.

For the rest of you, papeijima and rhymz or whatever, you two fools are really not worth my time at all. it's obvious you fell through the cracks in the education system and now we all have to suffer your stupidity.

See i did say YOU CAN'T READ. where did i say Britian helped Ghana. I said britian helped CANADA, it's THAT GHANA? Please and i provided you with PROVES of nIGERIAN going back years after independence. Please provide a prove of obstacle that Ghana went through that pushed you guys back like Nigeria (last time i checked, none). What did you just glance through my statement and ignored it? Really? re you serious and please you said and i quote NAME A TIME A GHANAIAN CLAIMED GHANA IS BETTER THAN NIGERIA. I gave you THREE, not two. You get pissed off. Guess you mad we were able to name at least one. Hell there are more in YOUTUBE, TOPIX, THIS WEBSITE (OTHER THAN TWO), NEWS ARTICLE AND MUCH MORE. We only provides ones easier for us to find. Honey, i can bring all into your eyes if you want that.
2.) See you ghanaians need to start telling the truth, i read the whole article. The guy was a bank official in GHANA, not Nigeria. Also the bank is been accused for taking in "fake money and not following foreign exchange rule". The nigerian guy wasn't even charged with that, all the guy was charged with is and i quote " the manag­ing director Mr Oluwole Ajomale, himself engaged in the malpractice of making pay­ments of forex cash into his foreign currency accounts and making transfers in disregard of regulations”. The guy was charged with depositing money into his account in Ghana and taking it away without following procedure of the bank especially since he was the managing director of that bank in "Ghana" , not "Nigeria". He was also charged with depositing money of large amount to Ghana without showing proof of how he got that money. The guy was accused of embezzling, not printing fake money. THE GHANAIAN BANK is what accused of accepting fake money, nowhere shape or form did they accuse a Nigerian in this "fake money" matter. They accused him for embezzling "(which is different from what you guys claimed they accused him off). Hell the article even went on saying that Nigeria is the number 6th investors in Ghana and we ALONE deposited 1 billion dollars in Ghana in a year (yet you morons ignored that part). Hell, the article was accusing A BANK IN GHANA of what you claimed a nigerian did (blaming a guy for your banks problems). Yes, he managed that bank and should have paid more attention but he isn't the one being blamed for depositing "fake money". Going by how you guys glance through my statements and then quote the "incorrect" statement, i'm not surprised with that. You saw a Nigerian name in the article, instantly you assume he's the one being blamed for what the bank is doing. Without even reading whatever it is, he was blamed for. Please, point out to me, where the article started "the guy was depositing fake money". I've already showed you and pointed out to you where he was accused for embezzling money into account without following procedure. Now point out to me where it says what you guys accused him of. See, when something in Ghana is lawlessness, you guys blame us even for your own criminal activity. Monkeys. Abeg, didn't you read. Ghana is known for Love scame which US diplomatic mission even started. Hell the South Africans talking about Ghanaians commiting crimes in their nation, abi they lying. Hell, Nigeria takes blame for whatever we do but ghana, it seems you guys decieves yourself. Yes, Ghana is a crime free nation and Ghanaians aren't criminals also. LMFAO. Yes, the guy that stole my mom's money isn't Ghanaian but a Nigerian. LMFAO grin

OH and please, i do not like repeating myself but it seems i have to break down even some for you. Okay, Oga. Let see Nigeria as a house and Ghana as a house. Lets say in Ghana there were 500 people living in it. In Nigeria there were 4000 people living it. Ghana has food and trade more with other houses, so does Nigeria. Ghana have more resources to trade and Nigeria has well more (but only one resource is traded). The amount both nation makes are somewhat similar. who will feed it's people more and take care of it's people more. A house full of 500 people or a house full of 4000 people. Also to top it off, one house in their had a dictator ever since they began trading and embezzled all the food and money made making that one house have less than the other house. though that one house have more people than the other. Not to mention that other house went through civil war, had and still have obstacles. which house do you think is suppose to be doing better? Seems i had to break it down to the elementary version. By the way., naming nation doing better with less population is actually supporting MY STATEMENT. So your destroying yourself with that.

Also, seriously, do you people read or this really a facade. Nigeria was NEVER AND HAVE NEVER been the people who nicknamed oursleves "Giant of Africa". Foreign countries did and you people really need to understand why they us that name. If you guys read, you would have known this. Nigeria was nicknamed this because of our population and influence in Africa, it doesn't have anything to do with richest until recently. Where they started calling us "the awakening Giant of Africa" before our name was "sleeping Giant of Africa" but ever sinec Nigeria economy began improving. They started calling us "Awaken Giant of Africa". The nickname "Giant of Africa" has nothing to do with wealth. "The Awaken Giant of Africa" does but the one us Nigerians use doesn't. See how stupid you people are. You do not read.

Oh and calling Nigerian government "bleeped up". You and martass is the same. You guys had "one" good election, instantly you try to act like your governments are saint "(which they ain't). Seriously, Mexico, Ethiopia, Angola, hell even Zimbabwe and Sudan have had none-corrupt election, yet is any of this countries government "saint" (well Angola is trying). They had more good election than Ghana yet they aren't this stupid. One good election and you guys are actiny superior. Jeez.

I don't like repeating myself so if you read/glance through this and then quote a statement "opposite" from what i said. I won't even try to correct you again, cause in reality, i'm tired of arguing with someone that can't read.

oh at Martass, you also need to follow that "read, comprehend before talking advice". The bank is A GHANAIAN BANK, NOT NIGERIAN. A NIGERIAN MANAGED IT FOR YA'LL AND HIS ONLY ACCUSATION WAS PUTTING MONEY IN BANK WITHOUT FOLLOWING PROCEDURE AND NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO WHATS GOING ON IN THE BANK. You people need to take a class about reading and comprehending. Also, yes, get your ghanaian government to get rid of all Nigerians in Ghana and lets see who that will affect. LMFAO, it sure ain't Nigeria. LMFAO. Hell the statement in the aricle alone (the one you guys ignored) will tell you that alone. LMFAO.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 5:28am On Jun 29, 2009
@Abrantie,i wont bandy words with U,it's an established fact that Nigeria inspite of it's seemingly unending problems is way better than Ghana in every standards.And I don't know where U came off with the claim that Nigerians re hated world over,that's a lame claim.It's one thing to say ppl re cautious when dealing with nigerians reasons re obvious however d government is doing sth abt it but to say we re hated all over is a stupid arguement cos nigerians in the diaspora re more than d population of Ghana,i don't see them running home in d name of "evry1 hates us",so pls talk with fact.Ghanains re scared of nigerians cos they think we re gonna take thier jobs & run thier very small economy,so they target nigerian traderz,and investments.Abrantie,fact is, d bulk of nigerians in Ghana re traderz,business men & students.No sane nigerian wil leave here to idle in Ghana of all places,wen No be US or europe.As for Ur claim of fraudulent naija bank,post a link to dat.
Criticize constructively let us get Ur points.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by shesi(m): 5:31am On Jun 29, 2009
@ifygurl

Remeber what i said about ignorance and non-existence? Let me repeat it again for you. IGNORANCE DOES NOT IMPLY NON-EXISTENCE. the fact you don't know something doesn't mean it does not exist. think carefully about this before you write any further.

Do you know how many coup d'etats we've had in Ghana?

Your points are just not coherent. they make no sense. And your poor english doesn't help either. Too dificult to read. You're just wasting my time.

seriously, i don't have time to teach history or economics to a silly 19 yr old. did you even make it into college? i'll stop here cus you're obviously not smart enough to  engage in any serious debate.

wonder why the intelligent and smart nigerians on nairaland are not talking on this thread? It's just you and two riff-raff dropouts on here arguing from ur behinds.

tell you what,, stick to painting your toe-nails, and waxing your legs, cus with brainpower like yours, you're sure to end up on a stripper pole eventually. you're gonna wanna look your best for that. you'll need the tips.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 6:35am On Jun 29, 2009
"How AmalBank's lawlessness causes diplomatic row"
it's not a Nigerian bank.
"during a routine inspection visit to AmalBank became concerned about the bank's operations. Critically, it had uncovered that some dealings in foreign exchange by the bank were against the Foreign Exchange Act 2006.
Also, there were lapses in the general operational activities of the bank, as well as repeated deposits of fake currencies into the bank's vault account with the central bank"
The report did't say a nigerian or its bank was depositing fake currencies in to thier vaults acc with BoG.
"the MD of the bank,Mr Oluwale Ajomale was found to ve engaged in several acts of foreign currency malpractices.
The letter stated that, "indeed the managing director Mr Oluwole Ajomale, himself engaged in the malpractice of making payments of forex cash into his foreign currency accounts and making transfers in disregard of regulations".
He obviously broke a law but it does't translate to depositing fake currencies as U claim.Am not done yet
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 7:00am On Jun 29, 2009
Abrantie,like I said b4 am not here to kid talk with U,I will advise U keep Ur gutter Lang to Urself & state d facts in Ur stupid claim even ifygurl has seen thru Ur lies.Am not done yet with that report.
"Similar transfers took place over the period, according to the BoG review. "Transfers of funds among some foreign currency account holders, which accounts were fed either with funds from abroad or export proceeds that should have been credited to foreign exchange account not foreign currency accounts, contrary to the Foreign Exchange Act 2006, which restricts dealership in foreign exchange to licensed institutions such as banks", according to the letter."
Are U ghanains trying to claim that the MD made all these transactions without the knowledge of other top heads of the bank who re all ghanains.
Besides,the nigerian in question is an employee of the bank,why make it sound like our banks and thier officials go to Ghana to issue fake notes.Am still not done with dis issue.Shesi,Abrantie & Co U re lierz.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 7:39am On Jun 29, 2009
I used to ve respect for Ghanains until now.U just distort d truth to suit Ur purpose of painting Ghana good & Nigeria bad.I had many ghanain friends back in Sec sch if they were like Shesi & Co,I sure wont go near them.U guyz want us to give U d "go-ahead" to condemn nigeria without stating d obvious in Ghana.When i first read posts 4rm Martasi & a few lame-brained dingbats that claim to be nigerians degrading Nigerian women I wanted to comment but then again in retrospect i discovered they were kidz who did't know know nothing.But then again I say ifygurl's post and waz inspired cos she was true to the point,we ve problems just as much as little Ghana.So it's stupid for all these self-appointed saints and warped minded pseudo-moralist to claim shit.It's a fact,Nigerians don't claim that we don't ve a problem of course we know and we re doing a lot to address it but for ghanain nitwits to use that as an excuse is the height of hypocrisy 4rm these Charly Charly Boys.
Am still not done yet with that report.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 8:18am On Jun 29, 2009
"It also accused the bank of "failure to disclose in the BSD return on 20 largest payments across the counter, the payments of cash withdrawal of US$140,000, in breach of the Banking Act, 2004, Act 673''.
For God sake!Isn't it obvious that dis has more to do with Ghana than Nigeria but these numskulls ve thier own version of what d truth should be.
"The actions of BoG and the media slant given to the problems of the bank have not gone down well with the Nigerian High Commissioner, Senator Musiliu O. Obanikoro. According to him, relations between Ghana and Nigeria were strong and therefore, the media should not insinuate that issue involving a Nigerian, to damage the economic and political ties enjoyed by both countries".
"Media slant" becos a nigerian is involved.This has butress my assertionz abt Ghanains being Xenophobics just like SA.Any ghanain wey no see food chop go blame nigerianz,any successful nigerian is a yahoo guy even with evident job.Charlies plzzz spare us d crap U guyz re laze.Fact!
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 8:47am On Jun 29, 2009
"He was of the view that passing derogatory remarks about Nigerians on the airwaves was unhealthy for both countries, explaining that generalizing every bad thing that a Nigerian did to affect all Nigerians could trigger enmity, which when not checked, could degenerate into something else.
According to the High Commissioner, the media should not dwell on one-sided reports but rather ensure that they stated both sides of the story".
If Nigerians decide today to pull out its resources 4rm Ghana,Na una go suffer am.Majority of the employees in in those Nigerian establishments re Ghanains,it's a known fact that our banks pay better salaries than Ur local banks.Nigerian business men ve investment in critical aspect of d Ghanaian economy,talk of d banking industriy,dier growing oil industry,real estate,health sector etc.So b4 U come out to talk sour abt naija be sure to talk abt how they ve helped in raising standards in Ghana inspite of our mil problemz.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2009
(Other Nigerian and Ghanaian businessmen have also called for the media bashing of all Nigerians to stop. They were of the view that it would be seriously damaging to the Ghanaian economy in particular should Nigerian businessmen decide to turn their back to the country).
I wish they knew that.
I ve dont hate Ghanains,I had many of em as friends in sec sch back in d dayz,my mum & her siblings speak fluent ashanti lang or wateva u call it cos they went there during d war,i even used to ve ghanains & Togolese neighborz in my former residence.My outburt is as a result of some sick Ghanain Kidz tryinna hijack d forum talking trash abt Nigeria as if Ghana waz better off.Even a citizen of the US can't tell me trash cos we know know d realities there too let alone small junior brother Ghana.If any of U, Shesi,Martass and Abantie ve important issues table em with respect and not make jejune claims that my 19yr old cousin wont ever resort to in any arguement.Am yet to see any sensible post from U grounded in factz.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Akwasi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 29, 2009
Can't stop laughing off the petiness of some people. I don't know why this post should turn to Ghana Vs Nigeria. I hear people say 'You are 419' and the other reply 'You are jealous of us' and stuff. I read the posts and I'm like wow! How can some people be petty? We are not looking for who is better than who for Christ sake because both countries should be ashamed that Malaysia who once borrowed from both countries is better than both now. The argument should rather be 'How can we make this useless ECOWAS work' so the every nation in the block can grow and be happy. After all what is the benefit in being the richest amongst the most poorests?

I'm really glad that its just a few who are making this fuss and not the majority of the people of both countries. Is about time that we expecially the youth, take up the mantle of leadership and change the destiny of this continent because believe me is in our own hands.

God bless Nigeria, God bless Ghana, God bless Ecowas, God bless the whole Africa and God bless the Black race.

Good day
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nezan(m): 12:23pm On Jun 29, 2009
Akwasi:

Can't stop laughing off the petiness of some people. I don't know why this post should turn to Ghana Vs Nigeria. I hear people say 'You are 419' and the other reply 'You are jealous of us' and stuff. I read the posts and I'm like wow! How can some people be petty? We are not looking for who is better than who for Christ sake because both countries should be ashamed that Malaysia who once borrowed from both countries is better than both now. The argument should rather be 'How can we make this useless ECOWAS work' so the every nation in the block can grow and be happy. After all what is the benefit in being the richest amongst the most poorests?

I'm really glad that its just a few who are making this fuss and not the majority of the people of both countries. Is about time that we expecially the youth, take up the mantle of leadership and change the destiny of this continent because believe me is in our own hands.

God bless Nigeria, God bless Ghana, God bless Ecowas, God bless the whole Africa and God bless the Black race.

Good day

No mind dem, na African mentality. Na im we no go ever meet up wit oyinbo.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Akwasi(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2009
No mind dem, na African mentality. Na im we no go ever meet up wit oyinbo

Sad 2 admit but u r right. We have a long way 2 catch up with those oyibo guys
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by londoner: 12:29pm On Jun 29, 2009
However the Ghanaians see it in this forum, it is YOUR government who is (reportedly) ACTIVELY, seeking to woo US.

If you have an issue with that ,you need to contact your governental representatives.  We are not forcing them to "woo" US or to even allow us in.

The same thing happened in the thread about your own minister saying Ghanaians feared Nigerian domination. She said it, not us, but yet you come here acting as if you have a bone to pick.

@Abrantie, if 60% of Nigerians in Ghana are lazy and bring nothing, you should hope it stays that way, because if they were all like the Ben Bruces of this world, they would totally take over and it would be an embarassment for many Ghanaians.

@ Askwasi, when all is said and done, we all need to take the view you have pointed out. This "them and us" attidude is getting us nowhere but backwards.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Akwasi(m): 12:35pm On Jun 29, 2009
However the Ghanaians see it in this forum, it is YOUR government who is (reportedly) ACTIVELY, seeking to woo US.

If you have an issue with that ,you need to contact your governental representatives. We are not forcing them to "woo" US or to even allow us in.

The same thing happened in the thread about your own minister saying Ghanaians feared Nigerian domination. She said it, not us, but yet you come here acting as if you have a bone to pick.

And after all this what happenz. It doesnt get us anywhere. Londoner I know u are 1 of the level headed guys on this forum. I have read most of your post on some comments and I count on people like you to make the ignorant few who thinks this is a contest to know its an opportunity for us to turn this into alifetime opportunity where partnership will be formed and our great ideas be joined together to make us strong as a people
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by londoner: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2009
@ Akwasi, for me, its about channelling things the right way.

In all honesty, if you dont like what members of your government are doing, including the investors they seek to encourage, you have a system to air those greviences to them. They are accountable to Ghanaian citizens, not people on Nairaland, or even Nigerian citizens in Ghana.

Honestly, I am sick and tired of all this nonsense.

BTW, I am a woman, lol
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Akwasi(m): 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2009
BTW, I am a woman, lol

I'm also a guy. LOL
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Abz: 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2009
@AKWASI
you do have a point, that we as Africans should embrace a bigger picture of unity, that will be a dream come through especially considering some Ghanaians feel the need to come to a Nigerian forum and disrespect us, what are they or you expecting, for us Nigerians to cheer them on and sing the song of unity to fools that can't see pass their delusional egos, as much as I embrace the idea of unity in Africa, Ghana still has a long way to go before measuring up to Nigeria (GDP wise), check both countries ranking in the whole world… tongue
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by shesi(m): 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2009
londener and akwasi, you two get a room why don't you. this thread is for serious business, not moopie smchoopie nonsense, lol,

allow me to educate a misinformed 19 yrl old. that ifygurl is outta her mind. If you notice, my entire argument has been why the Bleep is this thread even up in the first place? how is this news?

ghana government wooing nigerian investors is not in any way an admission of nigerian superiority as you seem to suggest londoner. are you kidding me? Heck even developed countries seek investment. Angela Merkel of Germany was recently telling investors in Bahrain why they should consider investing in the german economy. Is Bahrain superior to Germany?  That is what any serious government does.

We in Ghana are not interested in comparisons with Nigeria. like i said you don't reach the moon by aiming for Everest, let alone a supposed ant-hill in the middle of a desert.

and its time nigerians stop blaming ghanaians for an image problem they have all over the world. Are we the ones who started calling you 419? the whole world has that perception. let's not even go into the why now.

and as for the claim that ghanaians are xenophobic, as i said before, nigeria is the only country in west africa with a history of state sponsored xenophobia, supported by a vast majority of the populace. Now this same nigeria is crying xenophobia at the least opportunity.

How quickly we forget.

why can't we all just get along? lol, answer is cus there are fools like ifygurl in the system, lol.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by stagger: 8:31pm On Jun 29, 2009
This is why francophone Africa is in charge of affairs in football and other sectors of africa. They know how to collaborate when it matters most. But see how citizens of the two strongest Anglophone West African countries (after Liberia and S. Leone are still recuperating from exhausting civil wars)are slugging it out right here on Nairaland.

Very sad indeed!
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by londoner: 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2009
@Shesi, I have no problem discussing with people, but one thing I think is unacceptable is to put words into someone else's mouth.

You made the statement that I was suggesting Nigerian superiority because you government is wooing us. When in fact my whole reason for pointing it out is that ,if you feel it a bad move, we (Nigerians) are not the ones you should take issue with, but your own government, afterall it at their own making, we are not coercing them or putting them under duress.

I just dont understand the propensity of some Ghanaians and even some Nigerians to instantly villianize Nigerians
no matter the actual scenerio.

If Nigerians do wrong we are wrong, if Nigerians do right, we are also wrong, somehow. Now it seems we are also wrong when someone else is the one taking the action. I said the same thing in the other thread about one of your ministers, people were guns blazing over something a Ghanaian had said, but yet people came here at the offensive, when what they should have been doing is communicating their displeasure to her.

I am not one of these people who go around thinking one nationality is superior, but I'm not just going to accept the way some people paint Nigeria/ns Black at every opportunity. You may only be satisfied when all Nigerians are like those earlier who constantly talk our country down, but then you need to be looking inwards, because that is a personal issue.

I agree with you, one country wooing another happens all the time, so why is it bothering some people? Is it because it is Nigeria. Nigeria is wooing other countries to invest, how many of us will find the websites of the country to jossle with its citizens and tell them how criminal they are or how lazy? I love having other nationalities on the site, but many seem only to "engage" with us one this type of them and us rubbish and hardly contribute to any discussion about Nigeria or its people, I wonder why.

Sorry to rant, but its just something I have noticed.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by papaejima: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2009
am sick and tired of these sick-minded fools who cant even read b4 comenting.initially u said that i had gramma problems,now it is typing problems.now whos got problems? u can see that its u bunch of mentally retarded,deranged and backward idiots.it has become clearer now that you have been lying and twisting,distorting and been spin-doctors on this issue of fake dollars notes.i said earlier that if i had not know other ghanians before coming to this forum,i would have misten the whole country as a nation of fools.bt thank God for pplle like @Akwasi who have heads on their shoulders.i like the reasoning of that guy and i wish that only ghanians like him will be coming to this forum.nigerians doesnt blame other nations 4 our woes,we blame our leaders,bt people like these 3  gatecrashers will rather blame nigerians for their laziness and shortcomings. you fools hijacked our forum and poked ur unwanted noses into where they are not needed,we should give u black-eyes and bleeding noses b4 you leave.we are nigerians and we wont stand for strangers talking her down.how did you people intrude into our world with bad language and piglike attitudes.i dont have to justify my educational abilities to morons like you.but i know that am communicating my messages through to you cretins loud and f, cking clear.SI VOCES NAO QUER FODE A TUA MAES,SAI DA NOSSA FORUMA CARALHOS.ESSA E DI NOSSA.NAO QUER VOCES QUE TA MI CHATIA CABESA AQUI. VAI TE FODE.@MARTASS,you claimed to be educated and all,bt is seems that your education was a waste and in vain.your parents made a misplaced investment on you.you went through school and didnt allow school to go through you.you are like a street dog,no manners and lacking in vision and short on civilization.you just curse,swear and insult pple without provocation,is that what you learnt from ur school?so much for education.coming here to talk crap about nigerians with titles shows how shallowminded you are.where on planet earth do we have more kings and chiefs than in ghana?in this time and century,you rain-soaked brained bastards still carry your kings on ur shoulders.backwardness of the highest order.you want dissing?this is dissing time fool.that is if you blockheaded warped nonentities knows what dissing is.nigeria deals with her problems and realities in pratical manners,ghanians prefers to blame their weaknesses and incompetences on others especially on nigerians.if martas,shesi and abrantie cant get it up to do their marital and home duties,it is the nigerians who did it.forgettig to blame ekpetesi,which they have abused for years.you can whine,hate us  or call us all manner of names that you want,bt the truth is that we paid the cost to be the boss,atleast you can respect that.i know that you are some of the ghana men who are so lazy that they depend on their women for sustenance.shame on you.(i saw many of that in ivory coast) you want to dismiss what i says here by claiming that u dont read them,bt  you know that am speaking from the point of truth,not on lies,half-truths and hearsay.your halucinations made it impossible to grasp a simple english sentence that i made at the begining.you ruffians digressed,hijacked and move the topic to suit  ur  fancy and lucid nigerian bashing minds.i never said that nigeria is richer,stonger,bigger or whatever nonsense that you mountaingoats filledyour empty brains with.i just cautioned that pple should be careful as our other african brothers doesnt welcome us with open arms.it was one of you lunatics who wrote that ghana doesnt want nigerians to bring their lawlessness to ghana.and from there on, you lost your tiny mind and went on insulting and calling your father names (not me,am sure).
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by londoner: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2009
Personally, I have love for all Africans, I wish sometimes we could simply enjoy eachother without there being any axe to grind. At the end of the day, we are the only ones who genuinely want whats best for Africa. its time for us to really unite.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by shesi(m): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
londener, ok, fair point, my mistake, the way you capitalized 'actively' seemed to suggest to that you were saying nigeria is superior because ghana is wooing nigerian investors.

Ghanaians have no problem with our government wooing  nigerian investors. Is it a ghanaian that started this thread? I'm waiting for a nigerian to explain to me why this thread was put on the homepage. You and i both know it's because some nigerians love to take any opportunity to push ghana down and say they are better than us. or call us xenophobes (i still don' t understand why)

once upon a time, nigeria's star shone brighter than ghana's. this is no longer the case. Instead of nigerians to congratulate us and accept the challenge, it seems to me that most nigerians rather seem to be interested in rubbishing our achievements and taking any chance to say 'ah, see, we're still better than them" "they are just an insignificant small country", "they are the size of a local government' "they hate us", "they are xenophobes" 'what's all the fuss about (btw u are the ones making the fuss o) bla bla bla,

Everytime there is a thread that mentions ghana, all i see if constant hate from all directions. It's a mystery to me seriously. What exactly are the bad things we are supposed to have done to your brothers in our country as i keep hearing on here?

i'll admit. some ghanaians love to rub it in the faces of nigerians by saying stuff like 'where is your so called giant now',

the interesting thing is most nigerians seem prepared to attribute the behavior of this minority to ghanaians as a whole. However, when ghanaians (and other ppl in the world for that matter) attribute the actions of a minority nigerians (yahoo boys) to the whole nigeria, then you all see the wrong in that.  double standards much?

i have seen some nasty nasty statements about ghanaians on this nairaland. I frequently see similarly nasty statements from nigerians on ghanaian websites like ghanaweb. once i read on here how us ghanaians are supposedly dark skinned ugly ppl (since when is being dark a crime in africa?) and are nigerians light skinned? lol, i was simply amazed.

for what it's worth, it would be nice seeing the two countries develop side by side. Wouldn't it be great if both countries became african economic miracles a la the malaysias and south koreas?

But if all we are getting is hate from nigerians, then we can't reply with love. we are not jesus christ.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by londoner: 12:07am On Jun 30, 2009
Shesi, this is a Nigerian site, any news which involves Nigerians should be here, or should it only be the stories about Nigerians being arrested or deported from Ghana?

Nigerians actively congratulate Ghana and Ghanaians on their country, from the president down to the common man. Even in this thread, you know it, but you cant demand that we castigate ourselves for you.

If this thread continued, solely with people saying its because "nothing works in Nigeria", " our government is bad thats why", would you still be protesting the inclusion of this article?, honestly?

We are Nigerians on a website primarily for Nigerians and you are asking why a piece of news that concerns Nigerians is on this site? Does that make sense to you?

Why is there an article about Ghana suppling her neighbouring country with water on both Ghanaweb and modern Ghana?

Shesi, you cant just expect us to only play the role of the rogue nation, deviants and the bad apple set against the "saintliness" of Ghana, no, contrary to what some believe, some people actually value Nigerians and our contribution. You say we dont give you credit, but it is actually Nigerians who dont get credit, just take this thread as a case in point, an example of AmalBank, whether Ghanaian or Nigerian was brought up, never mind the many Nigerian banks who have kept their noses clean in Ghana or companies like silverbird etc, the only interest is the negative. the best performing bank in Ghana recently was Nigerian also headed by a Nigerian, but no they are not allowed to be celebrated, only the criminal Nigerians are relevant. If he messes up, THEN he will be mentioned.

No Nigerian  I know attributes criminality of a small group of Ghanaians to the whole group, thats just an untrue statement IMO.

Shesi, you know full well compared to the absolute hatred of Nigerians displayed on Ghanaweb and Modern Ghana, this is nothing, Be honest. I am on those sites just as much as this site, the hatred is mind boggling, and its something I have also experienced in real life too.

Anyhoo, I've had enough of that rubbish.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Abrantie: 2:54am On Jun 30, 2009
londoner, fvck off with your "this is a Nigerian site" bullsh!t. Show me the Terms Of Service for this site which says only Nigerians could express their views. Look around and you'd notice a majority of Nigerians on NL have expressed the same views that we, a mere 3-4 Ghanaians, have also expressed. I guess it really bites when the truth comes from the other side, right?  How many times were you over at Ghanaweb or Modernghana and said elitist Nigerian garbage, only to be counter-attacked? Me thinks there were plenty.

Shut up and go sit in the corner little boy.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 8:29am On Jun 30, 2009
Quote from Abrantie
(londoner, fvck off with your "this is a Nigerian site" bullsh!t. Show me the Terms Of Service for this site which says only Nigerians could express their views. Look around and you'd notice a majority of Nigerians on NL have expressed the same views that we, a mere 3-4 Ghanaians, have also expressed. I guess it really bites when the truth comes from the other side, right? How many times were you over at Ghanaweb or Modernghana and said elitist Nigerian garbage, only to be counter-attacked? Me thinks there were plenty.
Shut up and go sit in the corner little boy.)
This is exactly my Point.Bunch of Ghanaian Morons.I would rather sit with with d devil i know than sit with a bunch of gud-4-nothing Ghanaians who re blinded by thier oversized egoes,whose warped sense of achievement has impared thier judgement of the realities of thier country
So much noise abt Development in Ghana,truth is Ghana hasn't changed much since Rawlings maybe sb should tell these dingbats the truth so stop ranting
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 9:06am On Jun 30, 2009
(Look around and you'd notice a majority of Nigerians on NL have expressed the same views that we, a mere 3-4 Ghanaians, have also expressed.)
@Shesi,What exactly re the viewz U & Ur fellow idiots ve xpressed.Nigerianz criticize thier own government constructively,even outsiderz 4rm Europe and US do it on NL but they do it without bias,favour or badblood even I am a strong critic of this administration and i know the aspects i and other intelligent nigerians criticize.U say nigerianz go to ur sites and talk shit(lol)those onez get time to even paruse those yeye sites,did't know abt those until now,i ve been in couple of african forums & over time I ve noticed that Ghanaians re always trying to equate mushroom Ghana to Nigeria,it's realy silly.Am not saying U shouldn't criticize but do it with bias,don't try to compete nigeria is way above Ur league,Nigeria is to much for insignificant Ghana to compete.Maybe Togo,benin,sudan etc will be a better match.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 9:46am On Jun 30, 2009
@Shesi and Co,In all honesty are U saying Nigeria & Ghana re thesame in everything,i mean,importance & relevance in Africa,economic,contribution to peace & Unity in Africa, developement/Scale,Achievements,Gross Domestic Product(GDP),Purchasing Power Parity(PPP),Manpower(both skilled and Unskilled),Military Might,economic power,Income per head,Currency Value and Importance or even in terms of resources both natural & Unnatural.I ask all these cos most of U alwayz try to downplay all these when they complain abt Us being d "Giant of Africa".Like I said before,Nigeria is way above Ur Ghana's league,so when we say we re giants,of course it's a fact.Americans is d worldpower not becos of its population but becos of thier economic & military might as regards the world,so it's with Nigeria as regards Africa.So stop clenching Ur fist & teeth U can't even kill a fly with all dat.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2009
@Akwasi,what is petty abt d stupidity and open display of xenophobia & bias of Ur extremist country men?U talk of Unity without cautioning Ur Ghanain TWATS.Homie!U can only talk of unity when there's respect,I don't believe in pretending to be friends with ppl who dont like me.It's understandable U don't want to hurt any1's sensibilities but it does't mean U should shy away 4rm d obvious.Majority of Ur country men re unruly with thier jaundiced mouth when any issue is abt Nigeria.Imagine dat Scumbag asking why the thread should make d newz like say na im papa house be dis.May U should ask Americanz & d europeans not to talk abt d aid they give to Africa,NUMBSKULLS.
Why won't it be news?Isn't it ironic dat Ghanaians rant abt not wanting Nigerians & persecute Nigerians traderz & yet thier Government want us to invest there,Akwasi,if U re a Nigerian wont that be news,I mean shocking one for that matter.Yet dat sucker is whinning abt d thread without discussing Issues in perspectives.Abeg make Una go rest!
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2009
@Akwasi,what is petty abt d stupidity and open display of xenophobia & bias of Ur extremist country men?U talk of Unity without cautioning Ur Ghanain TWATS.Homie!U can only talk of unity when there's respect,I don't believe in pretending to be friends with ppl who dont like me.It's understandable U don't want to hurt any1's sensibilities but it does't mean U should shy away 4rm d obvious.Majority of Ur country men re unruly with thier jaundiced mouth when any issue is abt Nigeria.Imagine dat Scumbag asking why the thread should make d newz like say na im papa house be dis.May U should ask Americanz & d europeans not to talk abt d aid they give to Africa,NUMBSKULLS.
Why won't it be news?Isn't it ironic dat Ghanaians rant abt not wanting Nigerians & persecute Nigerians traderz & yet thier Government want us to invest there,Akwasi,if U re a Nigerian wont that be news,I mean shocking one for that matter.Yet dat sucker is whinning abt d thread without discussing Issues in perspectives.Abeg make Una go rest!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Makes $612m From Exportation Of Sesame Seeds / Petdrill Private Placement By Aims- How Authentic? / Stock Market Investors Lose N11billion On Trading Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.