Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,425 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors (6936 Views)

FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier / Any Ghananian Business Persons? / Ghana Woos Innoson Auto Plant With Incentives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 1:29am On Jul 01, 2009
@Martass,how old re U by d way?Cos U re trying too hard to sound like an informed adult but U keep messing it Up.Just save Urself d embarrassment,U will do urself a lot of gud if keep shut,everytime U post U xpose d unintelligent kid in U even though Ur intention actually is to sound like an informed adult.U re not even proud that U re a ghanaian U keep denying it,i guez U accept it when U think it fits d purpose,dis is what Reuben Abati referred to as IDENTITY CRISES when he took Nigerian Artistes head-on in a newspaper column.Nigga grow up Nigeria is not just lagos,Abuja & Portharcourt,I bet d closest dat U bin to any of dese places is in Ur TV,lie all U want,U aint bin to shit,so guy relax,we know all dat yeye antics,remember U re dealing with Nigerians,so if U must lie do it well at least(lmao).Like tel U b4,if U mistakenly yarn dis Opkata wey do Ur mind where a naija guy like me day, Chai!Ur name go be sorry cos i go leave a minute away 4rm a very painful death dat U wil ve a gud reason to hate Naija,
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 1:48am On Jul 01, 2009
Ah rhyme, there you go again exhibiting the violent syndrome. No wonder you guys kill so easily.
You are peeved because you know all I’m saying has some truth to it. shocked
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Abrantie: 3:12am On Jul 01, 2009
This thread has reached the epitome of hypocrisy and stupidity.

Here we have a bunch of Nigerian "intellectuals", whose sole mission is to lecture us lowly Ghanaians on why Nigeria should be held in high esteem. Meanwhile, each one of them are based or have relatives/friends/partners who resides and benefits from being in Ghana. Heck, sounds like they're even having a great time in a country which can't be compared to the almighty Naija!
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 4:03am On Jul 01, 2009
@Martass,how old re U by d way?Cos U re trying too hard to sound like an informed adult but U keep messing it Up.Just save Urself d embarrassment,U will do urself a lot of gud if keep shut,everytime U post U xpose d unintelligent kid in U even though Ur intention actually is to sound like an informed adult.U re not even proud that U re a ghanaian U keep denying it,i guez U accept it when U think it fits d purpose,dis is what Reuben Abati referred to as IDENTITY CRISES when he took Nigerian Artistes head-on in a newspaper column.Nigga grow up Nigeria is not just lagos,Abuja & Portharcourt,I bet d closest dat U bin to any of dese places is in Ur TV,lie all U want,U aint bin to shit,so guy relax,we know all dat yeye antics,remember U re dealing with Nigerians,so if U must lie do it well at least(lmao).Like tel U b4,if U mistakenly yarn dis Opkata wey do Ur mind where a naija guy like me day, Chai!Ur name go be sorry cos i go leave a minute away 4rm a very painful death dat U wil ve a gud reason to hate Naija,
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nezan(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2009
U guyz have gone nuts on this thread. OK, make all de Ghanians go Cediland go discuss. tongue
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Abrantie: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2009
We are wooing Nigerian investors to come and build Cediland for us. smiley
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nezan(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
Abrantie:

We are wooing Nigerian investors to come and build Cediland for us. smiley
grin grin LWKMD
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by lekanjohn(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2009
Every investor will surely rush the Ghanaian sincere offer because Nigeria Government are busy looking 4 funds to campaign the coming election,leaving our power sector to rot further and making generators importer to grow pot belly.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 6:11pm On Jul 01, 2009
@Abrantie,quit fighting with Us,we all ve made our point,let's just drop it,before we go start to dey throw e-punches via d internet.
@Martass, Eva heard of e-slap(lmao)?Take ya time O!U can be wounjured O!
Papaejima:Umu ejima kwanu?Am a twin as well, For The Ejimas' sake leave Abrantie,Martass and Co, We no go eva agree on dis issue.Me i don tire to dey yarn dis topic.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by papaejima: 11:35am On Jul 02, 2009
thanks @RHYMZ,ahu di umu ejima and am glad that u belong to their club.i wish i was one of u guys. nwanne,u`ve shown that u can rhyme better than busta rhymz.anyways like u said,lets drop this issue.we have been argueing with people who have lost their identities and nationalities.i wonder which of the viruses that have eaten their tiny brains away.maybe its H1N1-aka the swine flu,bird flu,mad cow disease or any of these mordern diseases.but pls martass,before u come here to post again,give us a proof that u have regained ur lost head and id.i`ve told u where i stayed in ghana,and i have asked you lost causes to tell me where u resides in ghana.none of u could do that.now another challenge,since u´ve been to nigeria,tell us where u stayed in nigeria.(bt pls,dont go copying addreses from the yellow pages) until you do that and show us that u are worthy of our time,dont show up here again,u foul mouthed and local slowpoke.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nezan(m): 12:10pm On Jul 02, 2009
Enof is enof
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by bennics: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2009
The government is being smart imagine what 1000 investor will do to their economy. More job creation and a lot of other benefits in the long run.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Abz: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2009
this's the way forward, investment not just in your country but in any country in Africa that will give a good return. When more of Africans think in such way, the level of services, manufacturing and production, name it will increase all over the continent, this's the way forward
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nezan(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2009
bennics:

The government is being smart imagine what 1000 investor will do to their economy. More job creation and a lot of other benefits in the long run.
yeah
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by rhymz(m): 11:35am On Jul 03, 2009
Yez,it's a nice development,infact dis is d begining of African renaissence,african problems being solved by Africanz,our economies wont ve to suffer for d excesses of dier own economy.The credit crunch has been an eye-opener to d economic world order,countries like China,Russia,Brazil re changing d order even china is begining to question why d US dollar should remain d world module currency inspite of d fact dat it has constantly been depreciating against other major currencies,These RBC blocks re not letting d west alone to decide d world economic order.So I think it'll be beneficial to D african economies esp those of Us in d West like Nigeria,Ghana,Togo,Benin rep etc if we form a kinda economic synergy or block dat can be a kinda force in yrz to come,d order is truely changing.Also,Our governments need to put out policies to curb xenophobia,it realy exists,we can't deny dat and dat is not good for development.So I say,Africa letz do it,Yes We Can.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by whatalife: 3:24pm On Jul 06, 2009
Nigerians Lament Closure Of Businesses In Ghana
« on: Yesterday at 05:17:24 AM »

Nigerians lament closure of businesses in Ghana
Written by .

Hundreds of Nigerian businessmen in Ghana are lamenting the closure of their businesses in the past 20 months due to their inability to pay the 300,000 dollars demanded by the country’s government.

On Nov. 28, 2007, the Ghana Investment Promotion Council (GIPC) ordered the closure of the businesses of Nigerians who were unable to meet the demand.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) learnt that the traders could not meet the demand, resulting in the sealing up of their shops.

A NAN correspondent in Accra reports that many of the shops, including electronics marts, have remained closed and efforts made by the traders to persuade the Ghanaian Government to re-open them have proved abortive.

Mr Jasper Emenike, the Secretary General of the Nigerian Union of Traders Association (NUTAG), told NAN that some members of the association had committed suicide due to their inability to feed their families.

“We have recorded some suicide cases and attempted suicide by scores of Nigerian in Ghana because of their inability to feed their families and meet other obligations due to the sealing up of their shops by the Ghanaian Government.

“We are appealing to the Nigerian Government to give this matter the urgency it deserves because Nigerians are passing through severe difficulties in trying to make a living in Ghana.

“We are at a loss as to why it is only businesses owned by Nigerians that should be closed down in a country where millions of businessmen from other countries, including ECOWAS member countries are flocking to daily to do business,’’ Emenike said.

He said although the association had taken its case to the ECOWAS Parliament, which condemned the closure of their shops, nothing had come out of the effort.

“We have also taken the matter to the courts in Ghana but the case was struck out with an advice that we should try to get the matter resolved through diplomatic means, rather than through litigation.

“It may interest you to know that no Nigerian trader has taken the law into his hands in spite of the obvious provocation by their Ghanaian brothers,’’ he said, and appealed to the Federal Government to show more commitment in resolving the matter to save the traders from starvation.

Emenike argued that the closure of the shops was contrary to the ECOWAS Protocol, which allowed free movement of goods and people within the sub-region.

Commenting on the closure of the shops, the Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana, Mr Musiliu Obanikoro, said the High Commission was handling the matter and that ``it will eventually be sorted out’’.

He said the traders were coming together as entities to raise funds to meet the conditions imposed by the Ghanaian Government for them to continue to do businesses in the West African country.(NAN)

http://www.sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=554:nigerians-lament-closure-of-businesses-in-ghana&catid=41:latest-news&Itemid=26
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Martass: 3:38pm On Jul 06, 2009
Every country has rules and laws. These laws must be obeyed and followed by all regardless. The laws are not changed for specific people.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by bennics: 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2009
while the government in Ghana is busy working out ways to improve their economy the nigerian government is satisfied with enriching the pockets of generator manufacturers and supplies. Maybe our gorvenment wants to become generator salesmen/women grin
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 05, 2009
What I cannot stand is some fools coming on here to compare TINY Ghana to Nigeria. So annoying.

FFS the GDP of LAGOS STATE ALONE IS higher than that of the entire Ghana. And they're 35 other states not counted!

So what is the basis for this comparison?

It stems from a perfect ignorance of the economic, demographic, political, and military might of the Federal Republic, in comparison to its neighbours.

Many states in Nigeria post higher annual GDP per capita rates than Ghana. Meaning we have many pockets of affluence each of which compares favourably in size and population to Ghana. We have several ''Ghanas'' within Nigeria.

So the idea of Ghana being ''better than Nigeria'' is quite simply bizarre.  shocked

You might as well say Ghana is ''better than'' India, Brazil, Pakistan etc. These nations, like other BIG developing nations, experience regular power shortages and widespread poverty. So I guess Ghana is ''better than'' them too.

It's really easy to be ''better than'' a huge country of hundreds of millions, when you only got 20 people in your country to feed and house. lol.

Bottomline, there's no basis for comparison.
Re: Ghananian Government Woos Nigerian Investors by Cholls(m): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
My brothers and sisters no be today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Paypal, Gtbank Naira Mastercard And Other Banks / Nigeria Makes $612m From Exportation Of Sesame Seeds / Petdrill Private Placement By Aims- How Authentic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.