Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? (1144 Views)

The Way A Guy Stylishly Touched This Lady In Public Has Caused Online Argument / 18 Things You Should Never Say To A Nigerian Woman During An Argument / Help Settle An Argument: What Percentage Of Nigerian Girls Do Runs? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by mamagee3(f): 2:53am On Jan 20, 2016
Hi all, I and my mother were arguing two days ago and during the argument, she said "look at how you are". Today I asked her about it and she said she was talking about my behavior but I don't believe it because she pointed at my body as she was saying it.

And I am left wondering, what does she mean?
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by xband: 3:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Yeah, she is right. Just look at how you are in the mirror for once.
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by mamagee3(f): 3:08am On Jan 20, 2016
xband:
Yeah, she is right. Just look at how you are in the mirror for once.

I asked what could it mean? And you're saying, she's right.
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Mrbigman1(m): 3:18am On Jan 20, 2016
U can dis ur "my mama" storyline, d it ever have an end?

Grow up sweetheart, it cost just a pinch of brain cell.
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Nobody: 3:30am On Jan 20, 2016
My mother, don't ask me why, ask God .
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by poshestmina(f): 3:42am On Jan 20, 2016
mamagee3:
Hi all, I and my mother were arguing two days ago and during the argument, she said "look at how you are". Today I asked her about it and she said she was talking about my behavior but I don't believe it because she pointed at my body as she was saying it.

It means you are a retarded frustration defined
Get lost)!)
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by mperoakeem(m): 3:53am On Jan 20, 2016
Do u bleach?

If so.... *clears throat* dats all
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by kliq(m): 3:54am On Jan 20, 2016
Means "disgusting and ugly " embarassed
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by mamagee3(f): 4:00am On Jan 20, 2016
kliq:
Means "disgusting and ugly " embarassed
cry cry cry cry
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by kliq(m): 4:12am On Jan 20, 2016
mamagee3:

cry cry cry cry

Don't cry,just be a good girl next time kiss
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by agohmamuda(m): 4:23am On Jan 20, 2016
She's now aware that you are the female form of Andyblaze grin

1 Like

Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Matttthew(m): 4:44am On Jan 20, 2016
When will u change?
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Fadman4real(m): 6:39am On Jan 20, 2016
Jamb Question
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by jonaifame22(m): 6:44am On Jan 20, 2016
Don't worry mamagee,everything will be alright, modified I shall be in texas this year!do u live in texas?
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by wilybebsy(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2016
What's wrong with this biatch?? Devil
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2016
Hi Ronaldgrin

Take a wild guessgrin grin

Ermmm....I have found a wife for you
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by boxer022(m): 7:55am On Jan 20, 2016
Firstly I don't know why you will be arguing with your mother, I am sure you did not insult her. Secondly I want you to look at yourself either when bathing or in a mirror and look to see if you will see anything missing or wrong on your body, if nothing then take it as she said it.
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Dajugba: 8:09am On Jan 20, 2016
I've read most of ur thread on this forum most times, I just felt I just have to induce you with few words of thought, which could be my first and last words to you. Babe in as much it's good to be open up sometimes to have public view about issues, you've to develop the attitude of keeping family issue within the home. In africa only a not well trained child will always take offence in every motherly advise. And family issues is not for public forum, have a personal coach you could seek advise from and stop making fun of your mum on Nl. Sincerely speaking any one who behave or display such where I grew up is said to have no basic foundation of fartherly guidance, which is parental moral a father will have to teach his offsprings. Please do not despice motherly counsel, it goes a long way in life. It could be your mum dont correct politely, she is still your mum so appreciate the moment while it last. And there is de probability you may also have some of de things you can't condole about her in you. One day you'll surely have children, you may want to correct them to order their leading path of life, so as not to go de wrong direction. I'm not in your family, but from observation from your post severally, it likely you talk back at your mum when she point out your wrong, it's bad! And it could even make her use words that could hurt your feelings unknowingly, which she never intend to. Your mum may not be always right but wisdom demand you listen and don't talk back when parents are pointing out not visible mistake you can't see in your self; informing you about cautions of life., even if you won't do it or you know what is right still listen; it pays not to talk sometimes. Develop de attitude to have de extent limit at which everyone could come in to ur privacy and know all that revolve your world and what also transpired between you and your mum, so people could trust you with their issue when they them selves need friendly counsel. Thanks! Still Beloved. Have a winning Day.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by raumdeuter: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
mamagee3:

Because you are ugly and shapeless.
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
Its a euphemism for "i'm ashamed at what you have become"

Any idea why she would say somthing like this?
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by johnson232: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
mamagee3:

hope u know u are very silly....

must u create thread about everything?
silly girl...
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by mamagee3(f): 7:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
raumdeuter:

Because you are ugly and shapeless.
Lame bashing!

Try something else.
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by akpur1(m): 3:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
Laff wan kill me
Eh mama gee I havve seen and read most of thread
1. It's seems you feel inferior because of your size. That should stop
2. You are having a crush on your neighbor or maybe you are to inquisitive. Try and be friends with him.
Stop being inferior
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by bibijay123(f): 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sweetie don't take it to heart. Mothers say things they don't mean whne angry, Mine has said worse when angry but I know she didn't mean a single word.
Btw I tink u need a friend who u can ask this things becos we are getting tired of your problems! angry
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by enny4real23(m): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2016
mamagee3:

its obvious that you have self esteem issues and you are not comfortable in your skin and you don't see yourself as an attractive lady. ...... you need to talk to somebody, maybe a shrink
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by bibijay123(f): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
sweetie don't take to heart what your mom said.mothers say things they don't mean when they are angry.

Btw you need a friend you can share all this with because we are getting tired of it embarassed
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
Mama d mama. I don buy land for your thread. grin grin grin

Looking forward to the next post grin cool
Re: My Mother Told Me "Look At How You Are" During An Argument, What Could It Mean? by Julietcutie(f): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2016
bibijay123:
Sweetie don't take it to heart. Mothers say things they don't mean whne angry, Mine has said worse when angry but I know she didn't mean a single word.
Btw I tink u need a friend who u can ask this things becos we are getting tired of your problems! angry
lol abi o ur not only one who is tired my dear

(1) (Reply)

Seven Signs Your Love For Your Partner Is Dying / Boyfriend Called Me Horrible Names / What's The Weirdest Question Someone Has Ever Asked You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.