Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? (25495 Views)

Do You Think Its Ideal To Date/Marry Someone That's The Same Age With You / 25+ Unbelievable Pics Of Mothers And Daughters Who Look Almost The Same Age / Would You Marry A Lady Of The Same Age With You???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 4:38am On Jan 20, 2016
There is this girl I have known right from my school days, I met her in 2011, she was my course mate, I was in my finals when she was in year two.

We have being friends, very good friends at dat, she's a very good girl. She helped me a lot when I was in school and she have even once volunteered to date me when my ex babe broke my heart just to get me outta d mess.

She's very lazy with phones, she can displace her phones for 3 days dat when I call her through her sister's phone, she's say she dnt even know wia her phone have been in the building. It's as bad as that.
But those period she dated me, she had to carry her phone up and down just to answer my calls and make me happy.

She ve never being in a relationship cos she dnt think she can ever handle it. She's still a virgin and the highest we have ever gotten was just a hug.

I love this babes with all I ve and I even like her industrious nature. She's now a graduate, she askes for advise in any step she wants to take in live.

THE CHALLENGE IS THAT WE RE AGE MATES

She just graduated, am working, I think am getting ready for marriage, I have prayed, read, thought and asked questions about getting married to someone of same age as me.

My dad told me it happens, in as much she gives u all respect u deserve. I have gotten enough talks, but I just wanna get enough of the odds and weigh my options.

She was not respectful to an extend but I warned her about it a while ago and she totally changed an I was surprised, she even call when I intentionally dnt call, she will wait till 11:59 pm to be sure am not busy, she would now ask, re u ok? Or busy? I just wanna hear ur voice before sleeping, good night. She's just too lazy on call.

During this Christmas period, I went to her village, we met like we always do in d presence of her family, as we wia talking, I told her about we getting married and how much I love her. She was shocked she too talk about the age issue but would think about it.

Please Nairalanders, what do you think, people who have passed through this path, share your experiences lemme weigh up my options.

Cc: lalasticlala please help me move this to get enough suggestions and comments.

Matured response only. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 20, 2016
Love will surely conquer it all.

Please, be sure you know at least 80% of her character. Don't let her act in disguise please so you will know how to handle her.

Age is not a barrier.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by LONJITARLE(m): 5:12am On Jan 20, 2016
if its fashion, popular opinion, and what is in vogue that matters to you, then Age is important in Marriage

But if u respect your uniqueness, your destiny and purpose in life, you will stick only with the person that sees these potentials in you, and willing to support u, be your fan and be loyal to you to the end....

Even if everything n that person defies popular opinion
as long as she is ready to accompany me to the promise land
and as long as my heart says yes.....f**k all what theyll say!

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 5:20am On Jan 20, 2016
Lol brother dnt be deceived.

There will come a time when u will see the other side of her and regret ever marrying her. Please put her to the test, annoy her, get to see her reactions, u will be surprised.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 5:20am On Jan 20, 2016
2kaybiel:
Love will surely conquer it all.

Please, be sure you know at least 80% of her character. Don't let her act in disguise please so you will know how to handle her.

Age is not a barrier.

I actually dnt know what else to find out about her.

She gets angry, I have gotten her annoyed a lot and all she dose is never pick my call for about sometimes, wen we re tired, we'd call and apologies will be tendered.

If she is at fault, I she calls for as much as her pride takes. When am tired, we continue.

Me to have to worst character self. She's just so matured in her handling of things and very stubborn too.

When I was doing my clearance, I stayed in her apartment for a week, her home is never dirty, before I wake, she ve cooked and kept mine with a note on d table before she leaves for lecture.
She washes my clothes before I come back and all those times she knew I had someone but she did all those for a friend and I was never making any more advances, I just needed accommodation and she gave me the best comfort better than I can give my self.

All those 3 years ago, I keep watching.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 5:23am On Jan 20, 2016
LONJITARLE:
if its fashion, popular opinion, and what is in vogue that matters to you, then Age is important in Marriage

But if u respect your uniqueness, your destiny and purpose in life, you will stick only with the person that sees these potentials in you, and willing to support u, be your fan and be loyal to you to the end....

Even if everything n that person defies popular opinion
as long as she is ready to accompany me to the promise land
and as long as my heart says yes.....f**k all what theyll say!

Can I borrow ur heart?

Am even thinking of giving her the future she wishes. She's supporting me at her capacity and am ok with it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 5:28am On Jan 20, 2016
Cutehector:

There will come a time when u will see the other side of her and regret ever marrying her. Please put her to the test, annoy her, get to see her reactions, u will be surprised.

Bro, trust me, I never saw this coming and before hand, she have annoyed me and I have given her heavy as I do.

She dnt keep friends, just One female friend and no other.

But she keeps forgiving me. She dnt get angry for long, wen we settle, we dnt talk about the past. She'd say let by gone be by gone.

Dias dis one dat we beefed for a month and she called to ask if am a woman? If am not tired?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by cruzita(f): 5:33am On Jan 20, 2016
ofcos,but the woman will age faster than the man unless she has *every year young *body.but I don't approve of it .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 5:42am On Jan 20, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Bro, trust me, I never saw this coming and before hand, she have annoyed me and I have given her heavy as I do.

She dnt keep friends, just One female friend and no other.

But she keeps forgiving me. She dnt get angry for long, wen we settle, we dnt talk about the past. She'd say let by gone be by gone.

Dias dis one dat we beefed for a month and she called to ask if am a woman? If am not tired?
nice one.. Ok marry her. U have my blessing.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 20, 2016
Cutehector:

I think I see where you're goin' with this.You want to see if she'll practice love and patience with him.
But watch it you don't want to run her off.
Op I don't think the fact Ya'll are the same age should be a problem.
But here are some other things to think about before you descend down the wedding asle.
KIDS)Do ya'll both want kids,how many?
Religion /Faith) are Ya'll of the same faith? Is it a problem for ether of you if your not?
what faith will you raise your family(kids) in?
Family obligations)Do ya'll have any?
What are they and how are you to handle them,what is expected of the spouse?
WORK) Will she work,do you want a stay at home wife after the children are born ,does she agree with this.
LOCATION)Will ya'll live near ether of your families.Do ether of you have a dream location to live in.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 5:58am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
I think I see where you're goin' with this.You want to see if shwe'll practice love and patience with him.
But here are some other things to think about before you descend down the wedding asle.
Kids)Do ya'll both want kids,how many?
Religion /Faith are Ya'll of the same faith? Is it a problem for ether of you if your not?
wait thinking of more don't quote me yet
Valerie relax, I just gave my blessings on him to marry her. Did you even read the comments? Tor

3 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Smellymouth: 5:59am On Jan 20, 2016
A wife should be kind, caring, and compassionate.
A wife should have communication skills, a wife should treat her husband with respect and dignity..

She should be transparent and honest. She should act with integrity..

If you are focusing on how old she should be, I think you are paying attention to the wrong thing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Cutehector:
Valerie relax, I just gave my blessings on him to marry her. Did you even read the comments? Tor
angry I said not to quote me yet.
And you didn't use Queen.
Lol smileyYour blessings?
I still think he should think on some things before marriage they both should if nothing else but to know their completely compatible in there wants in a marriage.
Now hush and lemme finish. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 6:06am On Jan 20, 2016
Smellymouth:
Her punna will age faster grin

Do people actually get married cos of dat?

Dey'll loose I bet.
Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 6:07am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
angry I said not to quote me yet.
And you didn't use Queen.
Lol smileyYour blessings?
I still think he should think on some things before marriage they both should if nothing else but to know there completely compatible in there wants in a marriage.
Now hush and lemme finish. wink
gerrara here, ur so lucky I didn't use a harsh tone. So why den u quoting me back? U must be a renowned hypocrite.

Sharap. What d fvck do u knw about marriage? Look at dem? Dat's hw dey will enter and wail the first minute and run back to their father"s house. Look here Valerie, u can rant all you want...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Smellymouth: 6:08am On Jan 20, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Do people actually get married cos of dat?

Dey'll loose I bet.
Lol.. why should dey get married? Love? Affection?
Punna must be involved bro

3 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 6:09am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
I think I see where you're goin' with this.You want to see if shwe'll practice love and patience with him.
Kids)Do ya'll both want kids,how many?
Religion /Faith are Ya'll of the same faith? Is it a problem for ether of you if your not?
wait thinking of more don't quote me yet

Marriage is always for procreation, make we agree first den we'd talk about kids.

Seldom dose we have a long call, I dey use d opportunity talk better things first. Lol.

As for faith, if a woman can change her surname to urs and will not change her faith den she's really confused.

I dnt wanna go dia.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 6:11am On Jan 20, 2016
Smellymouth:

Lol.. why should dey get married? Love? Affection?
Punna must be involved bro

Lol, but it shouldn't be a sole reason cos d tin dey tire person.
Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 6:11am On Jan 20, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Marriage is always for procreation, make we agree first den we'd talk about kids.

Seldom dose we have a long call, I dey use d opportunity talk better things first. Lol.

As for faith, if a woman can change her surname to urs and will not change her faith den she's really confused.

I dnt wanna go dia.
thank you so much for these, these kids don't just knw anything about marriage.
Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 20, 2016
Cutehector:
gerrara here, ur so lucky I didn't use a harsh tone. So why den u quoting me back? U must be a renowned hypocrite.

Sharap. What d fvck do u knw about marriage? Look at dem? Dat's hw dey will enter and wail the first minute and run back to their father"s house. Look here Valerie, u can rant all you want...
Hector calm down.
I quoted you because you where actually finished sayin' your piece, I wasn't.
And I know a little bit from the stuff I've seen and what I know I want.
Most folks in marriages know nothin' about it.
And I'm not ranting but tryin' to help this dude consider some things.
I just reread your post,guy that thing is full of harsh tones.You told me ta shut up.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by LONJITARLE(m): 6:13am On Jan 20, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Can I borrow ur heart?

Am even thinking of giving her the future she wishes. She's supporting me at her capacity and am ok with it.

Nope my heart is taken...

listen to advice,
but stay true to your heart and passion...
what's right is what your heart and conscience agree it is....even if its not common sense

my broda I say u alone knows your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by ehinmowo: 6:15am On Jan 20, 2016
1. d fact that she is schooled means she can handle herself in term of aging (cos she will most likely age faster than u.)

2. it better to marry a woman dt is even 5 years older than u based on love, mutual productivity and common fronts than to marry d so called young girls who may ruin one's life

3. relationships with matured ladies is full of respects, fun, 2gedaness and family value.

4. finally, if there us love, common blv (religion) and common development, pls go for her. who age help

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 6:16am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
Hector calm down.
And I know a little bit from the stuff I'be seen and what I know I want.
Oh and I wasn't angry and thanks for the soft handling of me,I guess.

lol nice one, valerie, without a Queen. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 6:16am On Jan 20, 2016
LONJITARLE:

Nope my heart is taken...

listen to advice,
but stay true to your heart and passion...
what's right is what your heart and conscience agree it is....even if its not common sense

my broda I say u alone knows your heart.

Thanks manh. I dig
Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Smellymouth: 6:17am On Jan 20, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Lol, but it shouldn't be a sole reason cos d tin dey tire person.
Yeah, you are right.
It gets boring at a point but until thing, shagg1ng is allowed grin
Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 6:18am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
Hector calm down.
And I know a little bit from the stuff I'be seen and what I know I want.
I just reread your post,guy that thing is full of harsh tones.You told me ta shut up.

am sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 20, 2016
Cutehector:
lol nice one, valerie, without a Queen. tongue
You terror you know I want to be called Queen.
And I just reread your post you told me to "Shut up" and you cussed.
Your mouth....It should be washed out with lemon grin
Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:
a Queen is any woman dat acts like a lady and thinks like a man.. most females lack that ability.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Laveda(f): 6:21am On Jan 20, 2016
Your relationship is working well..so why should you throw it away cause of some age ish? With all what you wrote she's a nice lady
Be sure you both are compatible smiley
Got respect for yourselfs
And make sure you both practice same religion...

Good luck bro smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Mrbigman1(m): 6:22am On Jan 20, 2016
QueenValerie:

Two of una don dey make out now now oh. Confirm ur ages in time grin grin grin

My queen, am still waiting for ur point before I go to bed.

1 Like

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by WhiZTiM(m): 6:23am On Jan 20, 2016
My friend... What are you waiting for?? Grab her before you regret not pushing further...

3 Likes

Re: Can You Get Married To Someone Of Same Age With You? by Cutehector(m): 6:24am On Jan 20, 2016
Mrbigman1:

Two of una don dey make out now now oh. Confirm ur ages in time grin grin grin

My queen, am still waiting for ur point before I go to bed.
lol she is 45...

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dear Women, Can You Endure 45 Minutes Of Thrusting During Sexual Intercourse? / Who Has Tried Jelqing Before? / Wofai Fada Hot In "Wonder Woman" Themed Bikini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.