Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? (2070 Views)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by WildOne(f): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
Sometimes, I just wonder if God really knows the end from the beginning. If He does, why does He go embark on projects/experiments doomed to fail?

For instance, if He knew mankind would turn out like this, why did He go ahead with creation?

No name calling pls. Only enlightened responses.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 9:35pm On Jun 23, 2009
WildOne:

Sometimes, I just wonder if God really knows the end from the beginning. If He does, why does He go embark on projects/experiments doomed to fail?

For instance, if He knew mankind would turn out like this, why did He go ahead with creation?

Has any god ever told you that he/she knows the beginning from the end?
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Horus(m): 9:51pm On Jun 23, 2009
WildOne:

The first challenge to such a question comes in the beginning of the Bible when God was uncertain where Adam was when Adam hid himself in the Garden of Eden. Surely a God that could create the universe and transcend time would be able to locate a hiding man. God only learns what has happened when he interrogates Eve. Then he acts. God also cannot determine where Abel happens to be after he has been slain by his brother. Again, he must gain his answers from Cain. God has to "look down" and see what is occurring in Shinar and he has to personally view the wickedness of man before destroying the cities of the plain. Why this "god" must gain his answers from mortal human that he created?. Was this God actually a God?
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by tpiah: 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2009
Horus:

The first challenge to such a question comes in the beginning of the Bible when God was uncertain where Adam was when Adam hid himself in the Garden of Eden. Surely a God that could create the universe and transcend time would be able to locate a hiding man. God only learns what has happened when he interrogates Eve. Then he acts. God also cannot determine where Abel happens to be after he has been slain by his brother. Again, he must gain his answers from Cain. God has to "look down" and see what is occurring in Shinar and he has to personally view the wickedness of man before destroying the cities of the plain. Why this "god" must gain his answers from mortal human that he created?. Was this God actually a God?

you're too literal. Are you an atheist.

Take the Adam and Eve story for example.

Here's the description in Genesis:

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

they were hiding- that's why God called to them. It doesnt mean he couldnt locate them- He wanted them to respond of their own accord and it also underscores their heightened awareness that something was wrong. In other words, there was palpable fear and tension.

Same explanation for the rest of your post.

An even cursory reading of Milton's Paradise Lost will show similar imagery.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by noetic2: 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2009
tpiah:

you're too literal. Are you an atheist.

Take the Adam and Eve story for example.

Here's the description in Genesis:

they were hiding- that's why God called to them. It doesnt mean he couldnt locate them- He wanted them to respond of their own accord and it also underscores their heightened awareness that something was wrong. In other words, there was palpable fear and tension.

Same explanation for the rest of your post.

An even cursory reading of Milton's Paradise Lost will show similar imagery.

Thanks for the clarification, otherwise horus would have thought he actually made a point.

WildOne:

He went ahead with creation, because he understood that u would feel bad, if He just dumped u (an uncreated spirit being) into hell fire by default.
So He chose to create u, educate u about the choices u have, give u the liberty to make that choice and subsequently punish or reward u for that choice.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Tudor6(f): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2009
I couldn't have put it any better Horus. WELL DONE!!!
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Tudor6(f): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2009
I couldn't have put it any better Horus. WELL DONE!!!
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by tpiah: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
WildOne:

yes He does. Jesus predicted the fall of Jerusalem.

However, humans not knowing the future doesnt mean God is the same way.

We can ask why but all that means is our knowledge is limited.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Tudor6(f): 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2009
Noetic is it possible to dump an ''uncreated'' spirit in hell?
An ''uncreated'' being is something that's not yet been brought to existence,is it not?
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by blacksta(m): 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2009
Tudór:

An ''uncreated'' being is something that's not yet been brought to existence,is it not?

This one na Hell Fire Candidate .
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2009
Tudór:

The extent by which neotic goes to "explain" or try to "rationalize" this drivel that is called his belief is stunning. Dump an uncreated spirit in hell  grin grin. Pathetic.

noetic2:

He went ahead with creation, because he understood that u would feel bad, if He just dumped u (an uncreated spirit being) into hell fire by default.
So He chose to create u, educate u about the choices u have, give u the liberty to make that choice and subsequently punish or reward u for that choice.

Did your god tell you this when he appeared to you in one of your dreams?  grin grin. You said on the other thread that yahweh sometimes visits you in your dreams  grin grin. Why visit you in your dreams? how does he look like and what langauge does he speak.  grin grin.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by noetic2: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2009
toneyb:

The extent by which neotic goes to "explain" or try to "rationalize" this drivel that is called his belief is stunning. Dump an uncreated spirit in hell  grin grin. Pathetic.

Did your god tell you this when he appeared to you in one of your dreams?  grin grin. You said on the other thread that yahweh sometimes visits you in your dreams  grin grin. Why visit you in your dreams? how does he look like and what langauge does he speak.  grin grin.

I did not expect u to deduce my point. I wasnt being sarcastic.

Tudór:

That was based on the assumption that The poster is an entity, that does not exist in the physical but spiritual. (I never said this is biblical) creation being used to refer to the physical presence of substances.
I simply attempted to imply that since one expects to dwell in eternity. . . .Lets assume the poster was in eternity before he/she became a physical being like Christ Jesus did. . . .would he/she like to just get dumped in hell. . . . .without having the option of living out his/her choice?

would he/she . .  . . ,  . .
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Tudor6(f): 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2009
@tpiah
Really nice attempt to side-step and dismiss Horus' post. ''he wanted them to respond of their own accord" indeed. If god already knew their whereabouts or what they've done then why ask the bloody question?

There're several instances god repented or regretted his actions like he 'repented' that he made saul king and he also 'repented' that he made man.
Surely a god with big eyes into the future shouldn't have cause to regret or repent. . . .right?
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2009
noetic2:

I did not expect u to deduce my point. I wasnt being sarcastic.
#

Have you ever made any point? I am still waiting for the day I will see you make any point in any of your post.

That was based on the assumption that The poster is an entity, that does not exist in the physical but spiritual. (I never said this is biblical) creation being used to refer to the physical presence of substances.
I simply attempted to imply that since one expects to dwell in eternity. . . .Lets assume the poster was in eternity before he/she became a physical being like Christ Jesus did. . . .would he/she like to just get dumped in hell. . . . .without having the option of living out his/her choice?

would he/she . .  . . ,  . .  

You even admit that your nonsense drivel is non biblical, why keep posting non biblical thrash? . All you have done so far is assume and imply absolute rubbish. Pathetic I must say.  grin grin
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2009
Tudór:

@tpiah
Really nice attempt to side-step and dismiss Horus' post. ''he wanted them to respond of their own accord" indeed. If god already knew their whereabouts or what they've done then why ask the bloody question?

There're several instances god repented or regretted his actions like he 'repented' that he made saul king and he also 'repented' that he made man.
Surely a god with big eyes into the future shouldn't have cause to regret or repent. . . .right?

The bible says that god repented of the evil he did to some people.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Tudor6(f): 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2009
@noetic
But why whould he/she be dumped in hell de facto? What is his/her offense?
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by tpiah: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2009
Tudór:

@tpiah

wrong.

Say you're working towards a monetary goal. Nobody is cooperating and you get frustrated.

Does that mean you wont get paid or achieve that goal at the end of the day if you persevere.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by noetic2: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2009
toneyb:

#

Have you ever made any point? I am still waiting for the day I will see you make any point in any of your post.

You even admit that your nonsense drivel is non biblical, [/b]why keep posting non biblical thrash? . All you have done so far is assume and imply absolute rubbish. Pathetic I must say.  grin grin

please be objective. By non-biblical I readily imply lack of biblical emphasis of human existence in the spiritual before coming physical. Must I spoon feed u with knowledge?

here is a biblical reference to help u: Hebrews 11:1-3

1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for.

3By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that [b]what is seen was not made out of what was visible

In my last post I defined creation, which correlates with the bold part of this scriptures.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by noetic2: 10:42pm On Jun 23, 2009
Tudór:

@noetic
But why whould he/she be dumped in hell de facto? What is his/her offense?

None.

Thats why he/she was created and did not go to hell defacto, to live out his/her life, make his/her choices and get punished/rewarded for those choices. The punishment being hell and the reward being heaven.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by noetic2: 10:44pm On Jun 23, 2009
toneyb:

Has any god ever told you that he/she knows the beginning from the end?

where have ur ears been? and have u been reading the scriptures?
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 10:47pm On Jun 23, 2009
noetic2:

please be objective. By non-biblical I readily imply lack of biblical emphasis of human existence in the spiritual before coming physical. Must I spoon feed u with knowledge?

What knowledge do you have? don't flatter yourself too much.

here is a biblical reference to help u: Hebrews 11:1-3

1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for.

3By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

In my last post I defined creation, which correlates with the bold part of this scriptures.

More abstract talk that makes no sense at all.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
noetic2:

where have ur ears been? and have u been reading the scriptures?

Did any god tell you that he wrote any scriptures? Where is your evidence that any god wrote any scriptures? Do you have his handwriting or his voice recording?
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by noetic2: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2009
toneyb:

Did any god tell you that he wrote any scriptures?
YES . . .

Where is your evidence that any god wrote any scriptures?
You have to come and see it, it is un-viewable online. But first u need to prove ur existence.

Do you have his handwriting or his voice recording?

I have both. His hand writing is the bible. His voice recording is in my memory. what else do thou want?

Did u see this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-287708.0.html
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Tudor6(f): 10:55pm On Jun 23, 2009
All these only for YOU?
You must be highly favoured pass abraham! shocked
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by noetic2: 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2009
what do u expect? grin grin grin
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2009
noetic2:

YES . . .

Where and when did he tell you that? Can you show me a picture or recording of him talking to you and telling you that he wrote down the scriptures? Any tangible evidence will do, By the way why is his name not included amongst the list of people that wrote the scriptures?

You have to come and see it, it is un-viewable online. But first u need to prove ur existence.

Is this about me? grin

I have both. His hand writing is the bible. His voice recording is in my memory. what else do thou want?

Of course you have just proved that men are the ones that you worship. You take their writings, imaginations and fantasy and ascribe it to an imaginary deity you created in your mind and call it god. Pathetic.

Did u see this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-287708.0.html

Pathetic.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Horus(m): 11:39pm On Jun 23, 2009
It doesnt mean he couldnt locate them- He wanted them to respond of their own accord and it also underscores their heightened awareness that something was wrong. In other words, there was palpable fear and tension

Since when a "god" (?) need an accord from a mortal?. If this "God" created the universe simply for the Earth he wasted a lot of material on the project. There are an estimate 100 billion solar systems in our galaxy and over 1 million galaxies in the universe. That's a lot of material just to maintain one, healthy planet. Even if this "God" is all-powerful, he is either a very poor planner or we have seriously misidentified our significance to him.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:52pm On Jun 23, 2009
What bugs me the most is why these people think that a "God" would put believing higher than every other virtue man can think of, I mean there is being good natured and kind and all that mushy stuff one human being can be to another but he chooses believing higher than the others,
@noetic
Your brain is playing tricks on you, nothing you see in this physical world is a true representation of what it really is, the software in your own brain has been seriously tampered with by the bible, you are damaged goods for life, sorry.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by toneyb: 11:57pm On Jun 23, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

What bugs me the most is why these people think that a "God" would put believing higher than every other virtue man can think of, I mean there is being good natured and kind and all that mushy stuff one human being can be to another but he chooses believing higher than the others
@noetic
Your brain is playing tricks on you, nothing you see in this physical world is a true representation of what it really is, the software in your own brain has been seriously tampered with by the bible, you are damaged goods for life, sorry.

He that does not believe is condemned already the bible says  grin grin
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by tpiah: 5:15am On Jun 24, 2009
Horus:

Since when a "god" (?) need an accord from a mortal?. If this "God" created the universe simply for the Earth he wasted a lot of material on the project. There are an estimate 100 billion solar systems in our galaxy and over 1 million galaxies in the universe. That's a lot of material just to maintain one, healthy planet. Even if this "God" is all-powerful, he is either a very poor planner or we have seriously misidentified our significance to him.

whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by WildOne(f): 9:08am On Jun 24, 2009
Some of the arguments/points raised by the "aye - sayers" are laughable at best.

From tpiah: He went ahead with creation, because he understood that u would feel bad, if He just dumped u (an uncreated spirit being) into hell fire by default.

Yet another from the same tpiah: yes He does. Jesus predicted the fall of Jerusalem.

However, humans not knowing the future doesnt mean God is the same way.

We can ask why but all that means is our knowledge is limited.
Re: Does God Have The Gift Of Foresight? by Eeyore(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2009
WildOne:

My exact sentiments.

@ WildOne, did you lift this from my mind?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ifa Divination For The Month Of April / Is Fornication And Adultery No Longer A Sin? / You Need To Read This Lee Strobel: Case For The Real Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.