Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test (5501 Views)

Xtreme Fuel Treatment. Good Or Bad? / Fuel Treatment: How Effective Is It? / UPDATED: Heeeeelp With Car Gone Wild. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2016
Denn:

Thanks for the comment.

This is my first 'test' and further tests and reviews would definitely improve.

I did not even account for the beetle idling for over 30 minutes on less than a litre of fuel...Fuel economy on a 60 year old technology is amazing.

Conducting the test on a cruise would have brought in different variables...traffic, speed, atmospheric pressure etc...thats why we opted to just idle it under a covered shed.

Thanks

So you find a quiet road and make two passes and average it out. You fill the tank for each test. The amount of gas refilled = what was used.

You're welcome.

Sorry to go off beat for a sec, but for your show these are the kinds of things that interests me and not talking heads.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 9:03am On Jan 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

So you find a quiet road and make two passes and average it out. You fill the tank for each test. The amount of gas refilled = what was used.

You're welcome.

Sorry to go off beat for a sec, but for your show these are the kinds of things that interests me and not talking heads.

Great idea.

Points taken.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 9:04am On Jan 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

The carb breathes better and becomes more efficient. Conditions for both tests are not the same. Better still you could repeat both tests again to be sure.

Noted.

Thanks
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by colossus2: 9:23am On Jan 24, 2016
Normal fuel: 34 minutes and 14 seconds
Treated fuel: 37 minutes and 34 seconds
Difference: 3 minutes and 20 seconds

Well I would ask myself, why buy a treatment just for extra 3 minutes and 20 seconds
I would definitely see it as waste of funds.
If it costs 500 naira, I will use the money to buy additional litre of fuel grin

3 Likes

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:37am On Jan 24, 2016
colossus2:
Normal fuel: 34 minutes and 14 seconds
Treated fuel: 37 minutes and 34 seconds
Difference: 3 minutes and 20 seconds

Well I would ask myself, why buy a treatment just for extra 3 minutes and 20 seconds
I would definitely see it as waste of funds.
If it costs 500 naira, I will use the money to buy additional litre of fuel grin

that's where all of them miss it. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2016
Denn:

car was driven around and even idled in scorching noon traffic right just before the test started.

Oh.. okay. So what's your opinion about the additive?
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by rockiedink(m): 12:22pm On Jan 24, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

The carb breathes better and becomes more efficient. Conditions for both tests are not the same. Better still you could repeat both tests again to be sure.

Good point...and while you're it, switch the order around...use the treated mix first, then a normal mix afterwards...to sort of balance it out... undecided

1 Like

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 9:48pm On Jan 24, 2016
0rex:

Oh.. okay. So what's your opinion about the additive?

I do not think the tester should have an opinion...it does not show independence...abi?

whats your opinion my oga
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mayor2013: 9:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
This test was done on a carburettor engine. Can we have it done on a GDI?
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
mayor2013:
This test was done on a carburettor engine. Can we have it done on a GDI?

Why on a GDI? Any particular reason?

1 Like

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by princezino(m): 11:46pm On Jan 24, 2016
To identify a trend..or to compare samples experimentally.. You have to repeat the experiments severally (10 times IMHO) . Then plot a curve of the times of each fuel to ascertain a mean. And for each variation you also have to do this. Good try though... Kudos for the effort and ingenuity. Just wondering when we would have standard independent auto labs..maybe even affialated to mech Eng depts of our uni's.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2016
Denn:

I do not think the tester should have an opinion...it does not show independence..abi...
grin
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mayor2013: 10:27am On Jan 25, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Why on a GDI? Any particular reason?

No. Just wanna have a feel wink
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2016
mayor2013:

No. Just wanna have a feel wink

then conduct yours...
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mayor2013: 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2016
Denn:

then conduct yours...

Take a chill pill man. We learning wink
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by colossus2: 2:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
mayor2013:

Take a chill pill man. We learning wink
But you dey give the teacher headache since your first day in class.
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mayor2013: 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2016
colossus2:

Haba!!! I used all my data to watch our teacher's video meaning am a good student grin
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by colossus2: 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2016
mayor2013:

Haba!!! I used all my data to watch our teacher's video meaning am a good student grin
Lol....you go still get F9 for this course.
You must carry this course over no matter what cheesy
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 2:40pm On Jan 25, 2016
colossus2:

Lol....don't mind him jare. Soon he would be complaining of missing script. He won't know the lecturer has penciled down his matric number

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 2:41pm On Jan 25, 2016
mayor2013:

Lol
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by mayor2013: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2016
colossus2:

Lol....you go still get F9 for this course.
You must carry this course over no matter what cheesy

Impossicant tongue
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 9:40am On Jan 26, 2016
smiley
mayor2013:

Impossicant tongue
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by b2212(m): 6:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
Denn:
smiley
@Denn: this your smiley be like say u don pencil hin matric number o!!!
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 10:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
b2212:

@Denn: this your smiley be like say u don pencil hin matric number o!!!

Pencil or Biro?

Permanent marker sef....lol
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by billy187(m): 5:07pm On Jan 28, 2016
I quite expected the results of this test to take the path they took. Most of these fuel saving concoctions I believe contain similar ingredients to in-tank injector cleaners: which do work- to some extent. The fuel saver probably did clean up the fuel lines, combustion chamber, exhaust and all in between, leading to a more efficient burn which of course, will result in less fuel burned. It might not be worthwhile in the long run though...as u can save more by just buying a few more liters of gas.

Thanks for conducting this test, Denn! I'm Looking forward to more from you. And yeah, awesome blog!
Re: UPDATED***Fuel Treatment Product Test by Denn(m): 5:04am On Jan 29, 2016
billy187:
I quite expected the results of this test to take the path they took. Most of these fuel saving concoctions I believe contain similar ingredients to in-tank injector cleaners: which do work- to some extent. The fuel saver probably did clean up the fuel lines, combustion chamber, exhaust and all in between, leading to a more efficient burn which of course, will result in less fuel burned. It might not be worthwhile in the long run though...as u can save more by just buying a few more liters of gas.

Thanks for conducting this test, Denn! I'm Looking forward to more from you. And yeah, awesome blog!

Thanks.

www.dennautoworld.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Warming Up Your Engine In The Morning?... Read This!! / First Real Flying Car / Typographical Error In Custom Paper.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.