Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) (71471 Views)

What Will Happen If Mtn Nigeria Refuses To Pay Their Fine By 31st Of December? / Short Codes To Check Your Mobile Numbers For Mtn,etisalat,glo And Airtel. / Cheapest Call Rates And Tariff For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by olajide8(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
MathsChic:

Okay, let me clarify something. Perhaps all others quoting me will also learn from that. You see that bolded statement? It actually doesn't get to me smiley
Now to your question, how in the world of worlds is she "infringing on other people's right"? How? By wearing a niqab?

I am sorry to say this, but you really surprise me with your myopic point of view aimed at trying to support what Is wrong-
On an international passport can you cover your face?

On your drivers license can you cover your face?

On your national I.D or voters registration card can you cover your face?

What is wrong is wrong, if I were there, I would have shouted suicide bomber, so they can just gun her down-

If you are about to enter a foreign country, and you get to immigration, say their airport- and you want to pass, if you look like lagbaja and try and pass would they allow you? - telling us that your religion doesn't allow you remove your Hijab? Stay in you house- where your right starts and stops, because where your rights stop is where another persons rights starts, and you should understand, and that manner of dressing infringes on every other persons right, in a public place, especially as we have security problems.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MrDude: 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
MathsChic:

Oh really? And have you heard of something called Fingerprint Identification?
In canada, you can vote while covering your face in totality. Go figure! undecided Merely because you can tout one of two stuffs apparently doesn't make you so knowledgeable.

Wtf! I have no words for you, other than you being a very shallow minded dimwit! Why not go to the Canadian embassy dressing like a ninja, let's see if you'll be allowed entry into the premises!

1 Like

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by mousco(m): 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Na only she be Muslim wen go 4 d registration? ?

She d way she be like my town masquerade
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by iguita: 10:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
BUt if she wan go US embassy, she go komot her mask
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 11:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
MrDude:

Wtf! I have no words for you, other than you being a very shallow minded dimwit Why not go to the Canadian embassy dressing like a ninja, let's see if you'll be allowed entry into the premises!
Do i have to repeat myself all over? You see the bolded? It doesn't get to me smiley others take note.

Now to your question. If you read my first comment, you'd learn i said the law should apply in cases like this. But you see, hate and emotion take over the senses of people like you who can't tolerate other people's religious obligations. In your heart of hearts you are driven into using instant rebuke merely because her covering is strange to you and not for other reasons. Grow up mister. Who's the dimwit now? smiley
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by Bevista: 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
MathsChic:
Do i have to repeat myself all over? You see the bolded? It doesn't get to me smiley others take note.

Now to your question. If you read my first comment, you'd learn i said the law should apply in cases like this. But you see, hate and emotion take over the senses of people like you who can't tolerate other people's religious obligations. In your heart of hearts you are driven into using instant rebuke merely because her covering is strange to you and not for other reasons. Grow up mister. Who's the dimwit now? smiley
Your maturity and thick skin is well noted. A rare attribute on this faceless forum.
---
Nice to observe you stay on the issue and not let some persons with low self esteem drag you into their playground.
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
olajide8:

I am sorry to say this, but you really surprise me with your myopic point of view aimed at trying to support what Is wrong-

What is wrong is wrong, if I were there, I would have shouted suicide bomber, so they can just gun her down-

If you are about to enter a foreign country, and you get to immigration, say their airport- and you want to pass, if you look like lagbaja and try and pass would they allow you? - telling us that your religion doesn't allow you remove your Hijab? Stay in you house- where your right starts and stops, because where your rights stop is where another persons rights starts, and you should understand, and that manner of dressing infringes on every other persons right, in a public place, especially as we have a security problems.

Again, it's not hijab. It's a niqab. Okay? Perhaps if you knew the first meaning about what you are talking, you'll know better how to argue.

Now to your point. Again, go read my first comment on the thread. I said the law should take its course there, whatever that is. I'm sure Nigeria has got laws regarding face covering, as do other countries of the world. And in each instance the law should take its course. Having said that, this shouldn't create room for insulting other's religious obligations. Nuns cover their heads too and people don't often throw a fit about that. But when it's Muslims, all hell is let loose. I'm not a Muslim, but i don't support insulting others as many of those in this thread have gone about it. Dimwits, stupid, suicide bomber, etc. These are the words you see all over the thread. That's not fair to the sensitivities of a billion people who hold their religion dear.

The law should take its course, whatever that is. But please, tolerate others. C'est fini. smiley
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 12:00am On Jan 22, 2016
Bevista:
Your maturity and thick skin is well noted. A rare attribute on this faceless forum.
---
Nice to observe you stay on the issue and not let some persons with low self esteem drag you into their playground.
Thanks buddy!
These guys don't even know that it's an ongoing issue in the developed world, britain, canada, the US, all over the place, as Islam grows into the first world. France banned the niqab already "in public". Canada has not done that. A whole lot of fight raging. But the law should take its course in every instance. And Muslims, if they want to wear the niqab, should use the law to chase their desires. In a sane society, laws create or limit freedoms, not rebuke, hate, insult or vitriol.
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by Bevista: 12:09am On Jan 22, 2016
MathsChic:

Thanks buddy!
These guys don't even know that it's an ongoing issue in the developed world, britain, canada, the US, all over the place, as Islam grows into the first world. France banned the niqab already "in public". Canada has not done that. A whole lot of fight raging. But the law should take its course in every instance. And Muslims, if they want to wear the niqab, should use the law to chase their desires. In a sane society, laws create or limit freedoms, not rebuke, hate, insult or vitriol.
Correct, but if the lady in question was at the American embassy and it was required of her to remove her 'veil', would she not comply?
---
Apparently, in Nigeria she thinks she deserves special treatment because she is a minister's wife.

1 Like

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 4:26am On Jan 22, 2016
Bevista:
Correct, but if the lady in question was at the American embassy and it was required of her to remove her 'veil', would she not comply?
---
Apparently, in Nigeria she thinks she deserves special treatment because she is a minister's wife.
if she were at the American embassy and thus on American soil, then American law should apply. American law allows wearing it in public, at airports, during police contact, etc, and at certain instances the wearer may be requested to reveal her identity in private. The law should simply guide us.

What we shouldn't resort to are cheap words, like those being bandied about on this thread by people who can't bear seeing people different from themselves.
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by olajide8(m): 5:22am On Jan 22, 2016
MathsChic:

Again, it's not hijab. It's a niqab. Okay? Perhaps if you knew the first meaning about what you are talking, you'll know better how to argue.

Now to your point. Again, go read my first comment on the thread. I said the law should take its course there, whatever that is. I'm sure Nigeria has got laws regarding face covering, as do other countries of the world. And in each instance the law should take its course. Having said that, this shouldn't create room for insulting other's religious obligations. Nuns cover their heads too and people don't often throw a fit about that. But when it's Muslims, all hell is let loose. I'm not a Muslim, but i don't support insulting others as many of those in this thread have gone about it. Dimwits, stupid, suicide bomber, etc. These are the words you see all over the thread. That's not fair to the sensitivities of a billion people who hold their religion dear.

The law should take its course, whatever that is. But please, tolerate others. C'est fini. smiley

Their is no law in nigeria governing niqab or hijabs (that I know it as) and nuns don't cover themselves like that, from head to toe revealing only their eyes behind nets, you can't even see the so called eyes- no one is insulting any other persons religion' I am insulting the way people think, especially when it concerns other people in public places - and I was at a centre in abuja where nuns came to register and they removed their head veil - they had beautiful natural long hair* (that asides the issue) and it still didn't make people sin' - the biometric is meant to capture 2 ears, 2 eyes and colour, nose, and chin and jaw features and not a netted facial

1 Like

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by owolabiza(m): 6:42am On Jan 22, 2016
EZmonie:

of course what's she? a masquerade of course.
Eegun alaso.

you are an illiterate. how dare u open ur stinking mouth, call someone a masquerade,all because she is practicing her desired religion.
if you truly understand the negative effect of uploading pictures online,u wont spew d rubbish in ur mouth.

IDIOT.
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 22, 2016
MathsChic:

if she were at the American embassy and thus on American soil, then American law should apply. American law allows wearing it in public, at airports, during police contact, etc, and at certain instances the wearer may be requested to reveal her identity in private. The law should simply guide us.

What we shouldn't resort to are cheap words, like those being bandied about on this thread by people who can't bear seeing people different from themselves.

Its alright,how much do you know about the American law??,are you a citizen??....This is from wikepedia and i quote "One exception is the case of Sultaana Freeman, a Florida woman who had her driver's license cancelled due to her wearing of the niqab in her identification photo. She sued the state of Florida for religious discrimination, though her case was eventually thrown out"....try to read and make research before you assume and say what you dont know...there's discrimination against it in the US also....what is bad is bad no matter how we try to coat it.
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 8:28am On Jan 22, 2016
jeytee:

Its alright,how much do you know about the American law??,are you a citizen??....This is from wikepedia and i quote "One exception is the case of Sultaana Freeman, a Florida woman who had her driver's license cancelled due to her wearing of the niqab in her identification photo. She sued the state of Florida for religious discrimination, though her case was eventually thrown out"....try to read and make research before you assume and say what you dont know...there's discrimination against it in the US also....what is bad is bad no matter how we try to coat it.

What is this one saying? What did I say and what are you countering? It's a fact the niqab (full face covering) is legal in public places in America. People aren't subjected to the harassment they get in Nigeria. And for the umpteenth time, I'm saying the law should be applied in cases like that. In the US, she'd have been taken into a private place accompanied by a female officer whom she could show her identity. I know this cos I should know. Isn't that more polite?

Wearing the niqab is not "bad,bad, no matter how we try to coat it." People who wear it feel they have a religious obligation to do it and that should be respected.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2016
MathsChic:

What is this one saying? What did I say and what are you countering? It's a fact the niqab (full face covering) is legal in public places in America. People aren't subjected to the harassment they get in Nigeria. And for the umpteenth time, I'm saying the law should be applied in cases like that. In the US, she'd have been taken into a private place accompanied by a female officer whom she could show her identity. I know this cos I should know. Isn't that more polite?

Wearing the niqab is not "bad,bad, no matter how we try to coat it." People who wear it feel they have a religious obligation to do it and that should be respected.

I get your point...i just wanted to let you know that its also an issue in America,the way you painted the scenario in your previous post which i responded to made it seem as though everything is "All good and dandy" when it comes to American laws and all...sorry it isnt...too many people use the cover of religion to commit abominable acts these days...that lady should have taken it off.Is she the only practicing Muslim in Nigeria?
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by OAFMods: 12:49am On Jan 23, 2016
MathsChic:

Does that mean the minority should be allowed to have their way ? I bliv those in hijab are in the minority in Nigeria.

Does it mean the right of gays n lesbians should be respected by Islamic countries ? What's good for the goose or does the hijab wearing allegiance supersede theirs ?
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by charlesucheh(m): 2:05am On Jan 23, 2016
MathsChic:

Okay, let me clarify something. Perhaps all others quoting me will also learn from that. You see that bolded statement? It actually doesn't get to me smiley
Now to your question, how in the world of worlds is she "infringing on other people's right"? How? By wearing a niqab?
as for the statement in bold, well that's your p; don't care if you're a she male or a female. now to ur question; with the present naija situation, don't you think the word "security threat" should always ring in ur ant sized brain? for crying out loud!!!!!! 70% of recent suicide bombings were carried out by women in hijab!!! so how would you HV expected a rational thinking human to react in such a scenario, knowing fully well that such places with large crowds are usually their targets!hmmmmmm?
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by charlesucheh(m): 2:09am On Jan 23, 2016
olajide8:

If you are about to enter a foreign country, and you get to immigration, say their airport- and you want to pass, if you look like lagbaja and try and pass would they allow you? - telling us that your religion doesn't allow you remove your Hijab? Stay in you house- where your right starts and stops, because where your rights stop is where another persons rights starts, and you should understand, and that manner of dressing infringes on every other persons right, in a public place, especially as we have a security problems.
don't mind the stupid woman. minister's wife my foot.....she's a big rogue and the girl that allowed her entry should be cautioned.

1 Like

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 5:27am On Jan 23, 2016
charlesucheh:
as for the statement in bold, well that's your p; don't care if you're a she male or a female. now to ur question; with the present naija situation, don't you think the word "security threat" should always ring in ur ant sized brain? for crying out loud!!!!!! 70% of recent suicide bombings were carried out by women in hijab!!! so how would you HV expected a rational thinking human to react in such a scenario, knowing fully well that such places with large crowds are usually their targets!hmmmmmm?
70%? lol. Jesus, I'm on with a simpleton! Where did you get your statistics?
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 5:35am On Jan 23, 2016
OAFMods:

Does that mean the minority should be allowed to have their way ? I bliv those in hijab are in the minority in Nigeria.

Does it mean the right of gays n lesbians should be respected by Islamic countries ? What's good for the goose or does the hijab wearing allegiance supersede theirs ?
So, it's okay to trample on the rights of minorities? There is law in islamic countries prohibiting gay associations. It's the law of the land and should be respected. Anyone caught and prosecuted has herself to blame. In Nigeria, as far as I know, there is no law restraining people from wearing the niqab, hijab, burka or any other face covering out of religious reasons, so why shouldn't burka-wearing muslims have their way?

And just to point out, those wearing hijab are not in the minority in Nigeria. I see them every day. The hijab is a common outfit with muslims women. if you mean the burka or niqab, then yes they are in the minority.

Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by OAFMods: 1:58pm On Jan 23, 2016
MathsChic:

So, it's okay to trample on the rights of minorities? There is law in islamic countries prohibiting gay associations. It's the law of the land and should be respected. Anyone caught and prosecuted has herself to blame. In Nigeria, as far as I know, there is no law restraining people from wearing the niqab, hijab, burka or any other face covering out of religious reasons, so why shouldn't burka-wearing muslims have their way?

And just to point out, those wearing hijab are not in the minority in Nigeria. I see them every day. The hijab is a common outfit with muslims women. if you mean the burka or niqab, then yes they are in the minority.

From your disposition I can deduce that you are a muslin. My comparison is btw hijab wearing citizens n those not wearing and not necessarily between the females.
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by MathsChic(f): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
OAFMods:

From your disposition I can deduce that you are a muslin. My comparison is btw hijab wearing citizens n those not wearing and not necessarily between the females.
I am not a Muslim smiley
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by charlesucheh(m): 8:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
MathsChic:

70%? lol. Jesus, I'm on with a simpleton! Where did you get your statistics?
jeeeeez!!!!!!!!! have you been updating that brain of yours at all? If you have, i the you love call thought is supposed to bring out facts that are Akin to mine.
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
osedvgirl:

why do you want to know me and why did you cropped your head? grin
Oya the head is uncropped. Why do I?i like intelligent people..shikena
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
MathsChic:

Wow. Your point of view and writing is intelligent and impressive.

Did you also write that post 'i hate being' smart yourself? As in from your mind? Originally yours? Cos if you did, mennnn, you are a genius waiting to blow
Re: Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics) by Kaybaba5(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
I remembered vividly when we were doing this national id card registration a Muslim woman came with niqab to register and I was only one that can operate the machine to register her. So I asked her to remove it but she told me that she needs privacy so I asked everybody to move out. And people obliged. Then she removed the veil covering her face and I took her picture. everything went smoothly.
So concerning this woman op mentioned. She should have tried to explain to them and am very sure they will give her privacy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM / Airtel Introduces 6GB Data For N1500 / No Data Limits On New Mtn Nigeria Simple Surf Internet Subscription Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.