Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln (94916 Views)

Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips / The A to Z Of Oil Palm Farming (Costs And Returns Analysis) / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 2:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
Now let's talk about materials for smoking kiln. The material used in the interior part of a smoking kiln is the most important since this part have direct contact with both the fish and the conserved heat used in drying your fish.

For the latter thickness of the material is important while for the issue of contact with the fish then the ability of the material to resist rust and corrosion matters. If you are considering export then you have to for a kiln with interior of nothing less than galvanised plate or stainless steel. The stainless is more expensive but everlasting without any of the two nafdac will not even approve your processing unit. But if one is considering local market then one can go for mild steel or black plate for interior. For more information contact www.bethsaidal..com or 08167488947 and 08112756626
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
Smoking kilns comes in different sizes (i.e capacitys/batch) like 50kg,100kg,200kg,300kg etc. At bethsaidal, they also comes in different models like the basic and classic model which has different features. Examples are in the pictures below

2 Likes

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by hrvstar: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2016
@ OP, this is very helpful. I took a similar advice 6 months ago and now I have a pond full of catfish which I am trying to sell. With your post, it seems I can smoke them and sell them, at least I won't have to continue feeding them. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 10:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
hrvstar:
@ OP, this is very helpful. I took a similar advice 6 months ago and now I have a pond full of catfish which I am trying to sell. With your post, it seems I can smoke them and sell them, at least I won't have to continue feeding them. Thank you.
. You are always welcome. Yes when you smoke then you stop spending on feeding and if properly smoked you can preserve them longer than they ever lived before smoking which is not necessary because the demand for smoke fish remains high
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by mfm04622: 6:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
Can you make a klin for me with fired clay bricks? Thanks
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2016
my farm/factory is at km 40 lagos abeokuta express abule-oko bus-stop. feel free to visit anytime from monday-saturday between 8am-5pm
funstufz:
Sir, where do you base. Is it possible to visit your farm/factory.

Kindly forward information on the prices of your Kiln, Capacity (number of fishes and kg)

I hope the kiln are made to use either gas or charcoal in-case one is short in supply of either.

Forward to: heryor@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
500kg smoking kiln dual power source of gas and charcoal equiped with an high speed blower for even distribution of thermal energy.
Fibre insulated for effective conservation of thermal energy thus high rate of drying.
with temperature gauge to monitor and regulate working temperature.
with dampers to avoid polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon
In transit to Umuahia
At Bethsaidal farms and agro-allied, we are the best and getting better at what we do everyday. visit us today or call 08167488947 or 08112756626

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 8:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Installtions of smoking kilns at a 3tons/batch fish processing unit.
Racks on rollers
fish washing basins
vacuum sealer for packaging and packaging tables

With the present naira/dollar rate, its a blessing to the fish processors who are exporters if you understand what i mean grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Etranshub:
500kg capacity smoking kiln, abuja bound #gowanjafarms gwagwalada

How much does this cost
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij2Q26QzOWk

Check demo on the link above
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by idowuomagegmai: 11:34am On May 02, 2016
Hello sir,
This writeup has really encourage me.
Few questions sir.
1.can i get a smoking kin that 100 -200 fishes that the price not more than 50k.

2.where can one market smoke fish in Nigeria.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 2:27pm On May 02, 2016
yes you can get a small smoking kiln of that size as a started just to get to know the business better before you can proceed on a larger scale, send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com and i will send you our product catalogue where you will find smoking kilns of various size and choose your choice. And about the market, i can assure you the market is everywhere you look at for now there is no limitation to those who eat smoke fish except for those who can not afford it
idowuomagegmai:
Hello sir,
This writeup has really encourage me.
Few questions sir.
1.can i get a smoking kin that 100 -200 fishes that the price not more than 50k.

2.where can one market smoke fish in Nigeria.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 6:20pm On May 17, 2016
75kg basic smoking kiln with fibre see-through glass and fibre insulated to conserve maximum heat energy. Powered with adjustable chiney to regulate level of heat. Dual power source of gas and charcoal. For more informations contact michael of Bethsaidal farms and agro-allied on 08167488947 or 08112756626 you can also follow @bethsaidal on Instagram to see more pictures of our products and services

1 Share

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Ifedayour007(m): 7:57pm On May 17, 2016
Etranshub:
500kg smoking kiln dual power source of gas and charcoal equiped with an high speed blower for even distribution of thermal energy.
Fibre insulated for effective conservation of thermal energy thus high rate of drying.
with temperature gauge to monitor and regulate working temperature.
with dampers to avoid polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon
In transit to Umuahia
At Bethsaidal farms and agro-allied, we are the best and getting better at what we do everyday. visit us today or call 08167488947 or 08112756626

Please how much is this?
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2016
For quotations, send an email to olowaolugbenga@gmail.com
Ifedayour007:

Please how much is this?
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by foodmachinesale(f): 4:31am On May 18, 2016
Our meat/fish smoking machine integrates stewing, drying, roasting, smoking, air venting and cleaning,etc, thus it is more reasonably designed and has more ideal effect in smoking and heating.

We can supply catfish smoking oven with different caoacities, for home use or commerical use.

If you are interested, pls send ur message to info@foodmachinesale.com for price and details.

1 Like

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by jefips: 9:52pm On May 19, 2016
I notice if you dry and bag till the next day. it becomes a bit wet because of heat.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 7:27pm On Jun 04, 2016
After drying, allow your product to cool to room temperature before packing
jefips:
I notice if you dry and bag till the next day. it becomes a bit wet because of heat.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 7:42pm On Jun 04, 2016
Still on fish farming and processing. with the high exchange rate, the cost of imported feeds has continue to soar high and the price of fresh fish is almost not changing with the iya-elejas and therefore farmers have to consider process and also making there own feeds locally as almost all the materials are available locally and we at bethsaidal farms and agro allied will provide you with the machineries needed for processing your fish and also the ones needed to produce your own floating fish feed locally ranging from hammer mill to mixers to dryers and your almighty extruder for fish feed production.

For more informations contact michael on 08167488947 or 08112756626

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2016
Feed dryer with conveyor

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
Making of a Monster smoking kiln. 500kg capacity stainless steel interior (nafdac and Fda approved standard) with aa blower for even distribution of heat,with temperature gauge and oil/moisture collector. Ibadan bound, will upload pictures of finished product tomorrow. Bethsaidal farms and agro allied 08112756626, 08167488947

3 Likes

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by vickifeanyi47(m): 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
nikaShow:
Cool!
Smoked fish pack available wink
How much is the price per pack and how many make a pack?
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
100kg smoking kiln
Stainless interior (mirror)
Dual power gas and charcoal
Temperature gauge
Oil and moisture collector
Trolley with independent racks

Checking out the testing running and finishing touch video on the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qz_mUhXtrI

For more info contact bethsaidal farms and agro allied. Contact person is Michael on 08167488947, 08112756626

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by TUBLEZ(m): 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
Can it be spiced with other ingredients like pepper, ginger etc so that it will be good to go with garri grin
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
100kg galvanised steel smoking kiln with blower,temperature gauge,oil and moisture collector,trolley with removable racks etc. Contact Michael c/o bethsaidal farms and agro allied 08167488947 or 08112756626

Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by sagac10us: 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
melange catfish available..........upto 400kg @isara ogun state.
contact sagacious on 07032731861
thanks
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Olayinka777(m): 3:36am On Sep 03, 2016
Etranshub:
500kg capacity smoking kiln, abuja bound #gowanjafarms gwagwalada

The picture of the oven I am seeing would never ever smoke 500kg of fish. Quote me any time any day!
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by 2osta(m): 2:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
Etranshub:
100kg galvanised steel smoking kiln with blower,temperature gauge,oil and moisture collector,trolley with removable racks etc. Contact Michael c/o bethsaidal farms and agro allied 08167488947 or 08112756626

I sent you a mail please do get back to me. Thank you for this wonderful post.
Re: A-z Of Catfish Smoking Business and types of fish smoking kiln by Etranshub(m): 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
Olayinka777:
The picture of the oven I am seeing would never ever smoke 500kg of fish. Quote me any time any day!
ask your Oga the real brain behind the gelatin magnet feed(now floating), he has being to my workshop in papalanto and can testify to our works..i won't say more than that because normally I should not have answered you.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

See The Grasscutter I Caught This Morning As I Went To Inspect My Traps / Preserve Fresh Tomato Paste For A Year (no Refrigeration Or Preservatives) / List Of Made In Nigeria Rice And States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.