Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Am I A Wife Or A Slave - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I A Wife Or A Slave (2364 Views)

Which Is More Important To You As A Man. Your Wife Or Business/work? / As A Family Man, Am I A Miser, Greedy Or Trying To Be Financially Smart? / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I A Wife Or A Slave by abdulkayus(m): 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2016
I have been married for a couple of years now. My husband would not lift a pin (yes it's that serious) in the house. He provides financially for the house but anything outside that it's a no no. He would not help out in the house chore, in fact that is even far fetch. He can not even take his dishes to the kitchen after food even if he is the only person at home or having dinner by himself; he will leave the the dirty dishes on the dinning table till morning when I come to pick it up.
I do his laundry, he won't do it and if peradventure I don't, it's fight. Yea there is a washing machine but he can not even as much as load it with cloth (in fact he has never operated it so I won't even know if he knows how to.
We have kids o linda, he can't even bath or dress up for any of them talk more of help feed them even the boys.
Since our 4 years of marriage he has never washed just 1 leg of his socks himself n he wants clean socks everyday.
He likes freshly made food, so it's everyday cooking n let me add that it's has to be swallow (solid food) everyday.
And think about fixing things in the house, I have to sort it out. Look for plumber, electrician, some1 to repair the gen, get fuel for the gen e.t.c.
He even tried adding washing car to my chores if not that I refused.
And Linda God help me he is dressing up the same time as the kids kai, that 1 na craze o; cos I will be running halter skelter, dressing up for the kids and my husband shouting my socks, my belt, even shoes that he wore a day before I have to start looking for it for him. Pair up socks and pick, no that too much work for him.

source: www.lindaikejisblog.com/?m=1
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by eyinjuege: 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
Eh yaaaa....

Pèlé.
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by peterovanski(m): 5:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
Pray about it

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by amunkita(m): 5:33pm On Jan 20, 2016
U married an Akpa Amu Ezi...

See what u need to do, go get a paid help nd make sure the money comes from his pocket or u use the feeding money to pay when it's exhausted, u ask for more..

3 Likes

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by TheArchangel(f): 5:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
Did you beg to be married by the man?
Are you working?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by amunkita(m): 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
peterovanski:
Pray about it

Why I like u, is that u use prayer to change ur car deflated tyre...

Onye uwa Mmebi

6 Likes

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
This thread should be moved to joke section na

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by MosakuAW(m): 5:37pm On Jan 20, 2016
This is slavery and not marriage.

Have you sat him down and talk about this issues?

Try and talk this issues with him when he is in happy mood and if he refuses to change, then pretend to be sick for days/weeks and let see if he will assist in the house chores or not.
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by peterovanski(m): 5:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
amunkita:

Why I like u, is that u use prayer to change ur car deflated tyre...

Onye uwa Mmebi

Why I appreciate ur comment, is that you never prayed a single day of ur life to see the magic

Omo ale okponu
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by PresVA: 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
You were married as a maid grin cry .. didn't you form 'superwoman' while you were dating? So why complaining now? You probably knew all these before you said I do..

Ok seriously, it's pathetic .. Some men actually see their wives as maids...Imagine washing cars too embarassed undecided...
I suggest you do only stuffs you can, chores can never finish so take it one at a go starting from d most important, you can also talk to your husband concerning some of his attitudes. .. if you can't handle any chore, explain to him why. . Don't stress yourself to death; your kids need you please. . You can also hire a maid..

Harsh solutions won't work cos you're probably financially dependent on him...just take it easy...

2 Likes

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by amunkita(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
peterovanski:

Why I appreciate ur comment, is that you never prayed a single day of ur life to see the magic

Omo ale okponu

Since ur prayers do magic, why not pray a naira equals a dollar..

Onye ara Ogbete..
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by MrFlavvor(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
ask your village babalawo.he will tell you which one you are.
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by cococandy(f): 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
Get him a personal man servant or two.
One will always follow him around to catch his flying socks and pants whenever he's about to dump them on the floor, hand him his belt and tie when he's dressing. Better still even dress or maybe scrub his body when he's taking a bath.
The other will wait on him while he's eating and do miscellaneous stuff like pick his teeth or clear the table for him etc. of course all paid for by him since he's a mighty provider. Rolls eye.

After enabling him to be lazy you're here asking what to do.
The same way you refused to add washing cars to your duties is the same way you can refuse adding his dress up routine to your early morning hustle while you're taking care of the kids. It's not rocket science.

8 Likes

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by peterovanski(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
amunkita:

Since ur prayers do magic, why not pray a naira equals a dollar..

Onye ara Ogbete..

D state of the naira is a man made issue,the problem of the lady's husband is from his strong heart. Get your facts right.
Don't just start punching those beautiful keypad just to get your ugly points across

Arakurin oponu
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Eesha: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
Heheheheehhehehee. Marriage aint no bed of roses. Why our hubbies come resemble so grin grin grin
Only difference is that my hubby helps if i ask. Have u tried asking ( VERY NICELY)??

Or Get a maid and then he foots d bill mbok

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by kelechi50: 5:57pm On Jan 20, 2016
You are more or less a house maid and not a wife shocked
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by PresVA: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
Eesha:
Heheheheehhehehee. Marriage aint no bed of roses. Why our hubbies come resemble so grin grin grin
Only difference is that my hubby helps if i ask. Have u tried asking ( VERY NICELY)??

Or Get a maid and then he foots d bill mbok
grin grin grin ..I really doubt if the man in question will oblige if asked; if he can't pick his socks himself, I wonder what else he can do.. even to the extent of telling her to wash cars grin embarassed .. The man may even see her asking as an insult. .
She can try nevertheless. .

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by amunkita(m): 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
peterovanski:

D state of the naira is a man made issue,the problem of the lady's husband is from his strong heart. Get your facts right.
Don't just start punching those beautiful keypad just to get your ugly points across

Arakurin oponu

Nd his strong heart is 'Ghost' made

Nwanne Ibu onye Nzuzu from Mars..

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by peterovanski(m): 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
amunkita:

Nd his strong heart is 'Ghost' made

Nwanne Ibu onye Nzuzu from Mars..

You just asked d wrong person a question. Why don't you ask d right person?

I will not call you an idiot. Not because you are not one but because I have refused to become reduced to that!

Bless you
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by amunkita(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
peterovanski:

You just asked d wrong person a question. Why don't you ask d right person?

I will not call you an idiot. Not because you are not one but because I have refused to become reduced to that!

Bless you

Nd I ve noticed that those idiocy abounds in their home re quick to suspect others...

Shalom...
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by babythug(f): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
He wanted you to wash cars ke?? grin grin grin grin I thought I had seen it all...gosh Kent stop laughing here oh
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Fraih(f): 8:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
This made me remember Mr & Mrs
Nse npke etim was like this until she freed herself by herself. so you too can do the same.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Chubhie: 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
How did he escape barchelohood?

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by byvan03: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2016
Please if you acted super woman from the beginning, better continue or employ help.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Haywhymido(m): 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmm, i av watched this movie(mr n mrs), u r trying so hard to narrate na. Avnt u?
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Pidggin(f): 9:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
OP, he is your cross take heart
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by pato405(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2016
What is it with women of nowadays, complain, complaints and whinning everywhere. Before the wedding, many of you did all these, why are you finding it so difficult after the wedding? It's SO OBVIOUS ALL YOU WANTED was the marriage, after which you all bring out your true colours..complaining all over the web for the most trivial reasons. Una well done o! angry
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by taryour(f): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2016
cococandy:
One will always follow him around to catch his flying socks and pants whenever he's about to dump them on the floor, hand him his belt and tie when he's dressing. Better still even dress or maybe scrub his body when he's taking a bath.
The other will wait on him while he's eating and do miscellaneous stuff like pick his teeth or clear the table for him etc. of course all paid for by him since he's a mighty provider. Rolls eye.

The same way you refused to add washing cars to your duties is the same way you can refuse adding his dress up routine to your early morning hustle while you're taking care of the kids. It's not rocket science.

GBAM!!! Coco were you in my mind? I couldnt have said it better.

Op you built this cross with your own hands so carry it. Its too late to cry over spilled milk,he is already used to it. And Yes are both wife and maid.

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by zayhal(f): 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
Get a job. He tramples on you because you're always at home and he believes those are your job. You've got no excuses not to do them. But if he's dressing for work and you're also dressing for work, he won't ask you where his things are.

Yes, at the moment, you're a glorified house maid in his eyes.
Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Askseek(f): 11:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
cococandy:

You making too much sense oh!

1 Like

Re: Am I A Wife Or A Slave by Nobody: 1:05am On Jan 21, 2016
I think u are a married slave angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Tell Lies? / When Wedding Photographer Said "KISS" 4yrold Flower Girl Did THIS / It Is The Same Blood That Runs In A Woman's Vein

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.