Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? (26742 Views)

Woman's Attempt To Seduce Younger Sister’s Husband With Love Portion Backfires / My Wife Is More Sexually Responsive After I Beat Her Up / When Your Presence Is Ruining The Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2016
This story is another clear cut lie.
Woman beaters never ever beat their wives in the presence of their brothers or male relatives. They are cowards inside who are'nt sure of another male's physical prowess so hardly provoke them. Even men who were good fighters in their days become cowards once they beat wives, I don't know why it happens that way but it does.

Also, the friend is right - plenty of couples either married or otherwise have minor problems only they themselves understand. An outsider may see them fight in the street and try to help but at the end of the day he's only wasting his strength as those fights make their love grow stronger.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by faites(f): 10:09am On Jan 21, 2016
TVTKOKO:
See how you dey drink panadol for another man headache. To an extent, Ben was right!
The couple have been staying together for sometime and I'm very sure dey must have quarrelled bfore his arrival so therefore they must hav a way to settle theirselves.
If he had intervened as you suggested, he might have made tins worse and maybe the cause of theirbreakup

You are very wrong. The husband beating ur sister in ur presence only shows that he has no respect for ur family as a whole.
How can u, as a man stand by and watch another man beat up ur sister and all u say can say is that it's domestic matter? U don't even deserve respect.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Onyiido: 10:26am On Jan 21, 2016
Nicepoker:
calm down. U will do nothing. U wan go beat am? May be u. Can assist in settling their differences.
U're rite, i can never beat him though, but he should have respect for her. Even if he's bound to do it, it shouldn't be in my presence
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Onyiido: 10:31am On Jan 21, 2016
italo:

Let's say your sister's hubby slaps her (she didn't complain to you or cry for help), then you go and put your hand on him (in his house), and he panel-beats you black and blue. What will you then do?
My dear its not like that ooo. The best I can do is to calm the situation down. Though it shows lack of respect for the husband towards the wife's family. They should be able to settle their differences later on
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Adaeze003(f): 10:31am On Jan 21, 2016
mineANDurs:

Its beta to b without a husband than to b wt one that beats her.

Hehe... is that what she told you?

In Nigeria, so long as Mrs is attached to your name, you're good to go. grin grin grin
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 21, 2016
emmabest2000:

If thats really ur wish
So be it.... IJN

Amen! I am too precious to b beaten by a mentally challenged wife beater!
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by sapientia(m): 11:23am On Jan 21, 2016
italo:

Which other way can you handle a wife that is molesting your mum in your presence?

Kneeling and begging her to leave your mum?

I will stop whatever she wants to do before it gets to shouting at my MUM..

Its a matter of reading the atmosphere..

A husband should be able to read the wife... Prevention is better than cure..

I also stick to my first assertion.. I pray never to witness such and may God grant me divine wisdom to handle it would it ever occur.. Amen

1 Like

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
Motherfucker2:
What are you gonna do if your sister's husband is hitting her ?? Fight the husband ??
When the police comes, two of you are going to jail.

The best thing to do is call 911, they will be there in the next minute and his ass will be in jail for domestic violence, and spouse battery and some other charges.

This ain't America bud.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by khattab02: 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
hehehehehe.......... I will say to him, why don't you pick someone of your size?

Some funny comments I tell.....

grin grin grin
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
mineANDurs:

Its beta to b without a husband than to b wt one that beats her.
Thank you.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by noblegrex: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
euromilion:

I forgot that I was dealing with kids here,my appologies.

Am glad my sisters are well brought up not to disrespect anybody talkless of their husband thank you.
see who's talking.as if you own a life and the whole world.well, incase you don't know,it takes the grace of God to have a good husband and a good wife.that even aside,you claim to be wise and very old but it bits me to think as old as you're you don't know that well 'trained' wife or husband does not mean smooth relationship.so, for the fact that you sisters are well trained,means that she won't have arguement or one issue or the other to settle with her husbands. I can see how mature you're indeed.I wish it doesn't happene to them cos I can sense they've got a caword as brother.

2 Likes

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by ucheheart(m): 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
peterovanski:

Don't you think its better to be a widow than to die from the maltreatment of a psychopath?
If he can slap her in my presence then He can severly flog he like a goat in my absence
two wrongs can not make a right. To err is human and to forgive, divine. More over, it's a family issue, they will settle it in bed, trust me.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by manny4life(m): 3:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
italo:

And if the new husband slaps her, you'll find another on to probably slap her again and have kids with her again?

Lmao... Your thinking is absurd. What sorta rubbish thinking is this? Is it by force to be married? If you want your sister to be a punching bag, by all means, you're more than welcome. As for me and my household, I refuse to sit, watch and allow any of my sisters be subjected to any such abuse. Nothing further.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by manny4life(m): 3:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
ucheheart:
two wrongs can not make a right. To err is human and to forgive, divine. More over, it's a family issue, they will settle it in bed, trust me.

What IF, God forbid, one of them settles it in the grave, then what? Abuse is abuse whether it's from a man or woman.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by ucheheart(m): 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
There is no how a man will beat his wife to the point of death, it is 1 out of 10 000 chances. And if it eventually happens, it would not be intentional.
manny4life:

What IF, God forbid, one of them settles it in the grave, then what? Abuse is abuse whether it's from a man or woman.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by olayinkaayinde(m): 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2016
When I am second only to Floyd Mayweather.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
sapientia:

I will stop whatever she wants to do before it gets to shouting at my MUM..

Its a matter of reading the atmosphere..

A husband should be able to read the wife... Prevention is better than cure..

I also stick to my first assertion.. I pray never to witness such and may God grant me divine wisdom to handle it would it ever occur.. Amen

What if you walked in from work...or a long journey and met it happening live?

You'll kneel and beg your wife to stop?
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
manny4life:

Lmao... Your thinking is absurd. What sorta rubbish thinking is this? Is it by force to be married? If you want your sister to be a punching bag, by all means, you're more than welcome. As for me and my household, I refuse to sit, watch and allow any of my sisters be subjected to any such abuse. Nothing further.

I only asked a question based on what you said that you'd rather find a new husband for your sister.

What if the new husband does same?

You'll find another new husband?
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Onyiido:
My dear its not like that ooo. The best I can do is to calm the situation down. Though it shows lack of respect for the husband towards the wife's family. They should be able to settle their differences later on
The wife that hurled insults to her husband was showing respect abi?
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
mineANDurs:

Amen! I am too precious to b beaten by a mentally challenged wife beater!
That's if you're not a mentally challenged husband abuser.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by sapientia(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
italo:

What if you walked in from work...or a long journey and met it happening live?

You'll kneel and beg your wife to stop?

Lol.. though this is now out of what the post was originally

If i walk into such a scene.. all i can do is hold my wife

You dont expect me to start beating her without knowing what transpired

I will later get to the root of the matter..

1 Like

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
sapientia:

Lol.. though this is now out of what the post was originally

If i walk into such a scene.. all i can do is hold my wife

You dont expect me to start beating her without knowing what transpired

I will later get to the root of the matter..

Lol...easier said.

My brother, you're not as calm and collected as Jesus Christ.

Yet even he got angry and scattered things when he saw things his eyes couldn't take.

Do you think many of the men that hit their wives never swore they'd never do so?

Your wife is slapping your mother repeatedly...and all you'll do is "hold her."

What if you leave her and she goes back to the same thing? You'll "hold her" again, abi?

Hahaha...

Go and arrange kindergarten kids and give them this story. They might believe.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
@sapientia, sorry, I know some dudes who have terrible mothers.

I'm not talking of that kind.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Onyiido: 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
italo:
The wife that hurled insults to her husband was showing respect abi?
I'll never support that, but that should not lead the husband to slapping her in front of any of her relations. There are many other ways of putting the wife to check. Women sef!
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
italo:

You neva see provocation.

If your wife repeatedly pokes her finger in your mum's eye, and gives her three slaps in your in your presence nko?

Just keep quiet and don't judge others.

If she provokes u dat much, u divorce her. Moreover I wonder wat a man is still doing with a wife who beats his mum REPEATEDLY cos if its me, she's out at d first incident even if its my mum dat provoked her. Beating my mum makes her an animal and as u can see,i dont waste my time on such.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
mineANDurs:

If she provokes u dat much, u divorce her. Moreover I wonder wat a man is still doing with a wife who beats his mum REPEATEDLY cos if its me, she's out at d first incident even if its my mum dat provoked her. Beating my mum makes her an animal and as u can see,i dont waste my time on such.

What I meant by "repeatedly" is 'slapping her multiple times within seconds.' An active situation unfolding before my very eyes.

I should pick the phone, call my lawyer to initiate a divorce...while the above is going on?

If not, what then should I do?
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by italo: 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
Onyiido:
I'll never support that, but that should not lead the husband to slapping her in front of any of her relations. There are many other ways of putting the wife to check. Women sef!

If your 18 year-old daughter insults you in front of people, can it possibly lead to you slapping her?

Or do you guarantee you'll use one of the many ways of putting a woman in check?
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
italo:

If your 18 year-old daughter insults you in front of people, can it possibly lead to you slapping her?

Or do you guarantee you'll use one of the many ways of putting a woman in check?
italo, stop wasting your time on this thread...too many kids here.
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Fanirandele: 11:09pm On Jan 22, 2016
You bigger concern is that if he had the guts to beat her in front of you what does he do when no one is there? It's obvious that is not the first time he is beating her. Most abusers don't plan to kill their wives, one day he will just push or hit her and she Hits her head in something. You people better call a family meeting and intervene before he kills your sister. This is naija where many of such men will go Scot free
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Fanirandele: 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
DerKaiser:
I was 17, fresh outta secondary school when I went to visit my senior female cousin who was 29 then.

I have always known the husband to be a brute but I was unprepared for what I witnessed that day.

Right in front of me, in the living room, an argument ensued between my cousin and the husband and the next thing I saw was him dishing out slaps and punches on her, right in my and the kids presence.

I react easily on impulse especially whenever a helpless victim is involved.

I swore an oath never to touch a woman and defend any vulnerable person I come across even if it kills me based on the things I saw around me while growing up and based on the morals my parents instilled in me.

Secondly I can be unproportionately aggressive when I witness injustice and I lack complete fear of any human ( I have been taking on guys 15 years and above my age since I was 8 years old or something)

Anyway, long story short, I pounced on this dude (he was around 34 years old then) and a brutal fight ensued.

I was taking punches from him and dishing back the much I could. At a point I picked up a side stool in the living room and broke the entire thing on his back. We were both profusely bleeding but I was ready to end his life that day or he would end mine all while my cousin was screaming and crying.

Well at a point in time, the neighbours came barging in and got us separated then another lady called the police and he was taken away after the wife told them what happened.

I picked my stuff and left and told my cousin she either does the same or end up dead.

Anyway they separated shortly after that and some years after the man died from a mysterious illness (may he R.I.P.)

Moral of the story, if you could help a victim, do it immediately if you are not scared of being killed in the confrontation that follows because bullies and brutes hate when their authority is challenged and when they see their weakness flash before their eyes.

If you can't, call the police immediately.

Men who beat their wives are pathetic. As foul-mouthed and wicked as some women would appear, beating them is not an option. Break the relationship or marriage if you cannot cope and find a new life. Such actions break women more than beating them.

Here's a real man, for those saying when they settle they will resent you that is their business, I would rather ensure she's fine and he knows my family is not one to mess with. The fact that Op did nothing has passed a message to that man that he is free to beat his wife since there are no repercussions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Bowwow11(m): 3:29am On Feb 04, 2017
italo:

But the wife that shouts insults at her husband (and we dunno what else she did) has respect for her husband and her family members abi.

Hehehe!
real men dont raise their hand on women no matter the offence she might she commit
Re: Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? by Bowwow11(m): 3:32am On Feb 04, 2017
italo:

But the wife that shouts insults at her husband (and we dunno what else she did) has respect for her husband and her family members abi.

Hehehe!
really men dont raise their hand on women no matter d offence she might av commit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Is It Wrong For Your Fiancee's Parents To Ask You This Question? / I Feel My Father -in -law Is Trying To Control Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.