Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1366124 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by CaptainStephen(m): 2:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
ugo4u:
What's the criteria to become a tank driver e.g T 72 Russian beast (like Lt Col Abu Ali).
1) Must one be in the armoured corp?
2)Is the position reserved for only regulars?
3)Does everyone in armored corp know how to drive a tank? if no what will they be doing?
4) Why do they wear overall like pilots?

1. Sometimes your CO might decide to have you there, in my own case I was sent on a course.
2. Yes you have to be in the Armoured corps
3.Nope, we operate other platforms apart from tanks too, IFV, APCs etc
4.Its a technical jobs na plus tendencies to get dirty a lot.
I see you fancy the iron side of the force.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 2:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
CaptainStephen:
61RC ! I must have warmed your pot inside ACA, I am 59RC

Oga sir! Morn sir! How is work?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
Finally my senior is on the thread. A member of 59RC. Let me allowed him do the finishing.. As I bow out.
@CptStephen. I am loyal sir.
@Bintu it semms ur prayer don get answered. Dont fail to come to barracks o.
Over and out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:19pm On Feb 01, 2018
bintushop:
Oga Gen. Thanks for this info. U can now chill. When the form is out I will personally call u back to the thread. For now, take a long nap from the thread. Don't be a coward. Keep to ur word of not commenting on the thread again till form is out.
Don't mind these clowns who dont know their right from left..
Sir I have good wrist watches for sell so am comin with them to the barracks. U are the boss.
na thunder go fire ur village town crier, winch . General abeg no meet this guy before him kidnap you. I know his type, na them de rustle cow upandan...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:28pm On Feb 01, 2018
CaptainStephen:
1. Sometimes your CO might decide to have you there, in my own case I was sent on a course.
2. Yes you have to be in the Armoured corps
3.Nope, we operate other platforms apart from tanks too, IFV, APCs etc
4.Its a technical jobs na plus tendencies to get dirty a lot.
I see you fancy the iron side of the force.
Oga Captain, I damn fancy the iron side, being in that Russian beast is something else, you have a feeling of invisibility, na to de maneuver the low, rounded turret mounts and 125mm smooth bore gun with a carousel automatic loader mounted which will penetrate any M1 Abram armor and an unbelievable high explosive device range of about 3000m. Jesusssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! Infact if I be pilot for this beast I need no infantry only me go enter sambisa cause better havoc.!!!! God help me oo this obsession is turning to something else, i dont know if i will ever be happy in this life if I don serve my country.
How Lt Col Abu Ali (T72) pilot died still baffles me till today.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
I've always being an advocate of true service to one's nation just like the Israelis do (conscription) especially in this times we are having troubles allover the northeast and clearly suffering from manpower shortage, imagine only Borno is bigger than the 5 eastern states put together. It is impossible to properly man every village in borno talk more of the North east especially with an armedforces of combined strength of not more than 200000personnel.
NYSC would have being an ample opportunity to have a pool of willing people who will serve in the military even if its for a year, I wrote to the Chief of Army staff, Chief of Air staff in 2016 of my willingness to be posted to the North east in a volunteering capacity but no response. I even use my hand fill Borno and Adamawa as my choices states but NYSC carry me throwey for Lagos(it was heart breaking wallahi) Though I served in a very choiced place (International airport MM1)but my heart was never there even for one day, I will leave my post and stroll to the airforce wing, and discuss with the airforce officers there all day. This i did sote my ogas them just tire for me, how I take escape service extension na another miracle when I no fit explain. But all in all its well, I know I'll get there someday, Habakkuk 2:3 have being my consolation all this while.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jellybabee(f): 5:59pm On Feb 01, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

flyforfun.militarypilot@yahoo.com
Good day Sir! please Sir,I av been trying to forward the form to your e-mail but it kept on responding with e-mail not found or can't receive message.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by bintushop: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Me At d mess chillin with Oga Gen
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by bintushop: 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
Guys I was with oga Gen some mins ago. Wen I get home I go give una d full gist. The guy is a very young boy o. Shai! I doubt dat his age. On my way home.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by bintushop: 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
ugo4u:

na thunder go fire ur village town crier, winch . General abeg no meet this guy before him kidnap you. I know his type, na them de rustle cow upandan...

Ugo I don go see ham. Come and beat me na.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
jellybabee:
Good day Sir! please Sir,I av been trying to forward the form to your e-mail but it kept on responding with e-mail not found or can't receive message.

ClusterFuck!
Send your name, state of orgin and application number to my number.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shobroy10(m): 9:38pm On Feb 01, 2018
At my ogas how is credentials screening for army like and someone told me sometimes they do background check on individuals partaining age sometimes
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by bintushop: 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2018
Hey guys! I must say dat 2day is d most happiest day so far for me. I guess month of Feb is a blessed month. @5:30 I thoght of goin to see d gen but I ws a bit scared. U neva can tell wot gen can do. I later sumon courage like a soldier and went. Arrivin dre I cal him. He said 'Guy com in' I went in and one soldier came to meet me. He took me to oga gen. I wouldn't knw who ws d oga gen because d soldier dat took me there was way older and matured dat gen. Gen ws in mofti. He looks vry young like one 22yr old boy. Sorry to say dat. First he took me to officers mess. Bought some drinks we drank and gist. After dat u took me to his flat. Whoeva say Army boys no dey do well is a joke or maybe oga gen get another source. Oboy his flat was dope. He really love-vendor it. I sat in is sittin room and he went in to change to uniform tellin me he get work for the night. After some minute one beautiful damsel of a soldier came in. Gen order her to give me food which she did. I ask gen weather na him wife or girlfriend gen laugh and say 'she is my artygirl' after eatin d guy took me round d barracks oboy see respect. Old and young soldiers were just salutin Oga gen. Gen is very cool and shy person. Lol. He bought a wrist watch for his artygirl. Finally wen I was abt goin. Oga gen pull up a ride, i still can't beliv a Lt can acquire dat kind ride. He told me to enter and oboy ride get level. Tv at d back seat. He drove me to som point and say he can't go far because of work. I was shocked he pulled up 5k for me as tp. I felt guilty of sellin d watch for ham whali.
The gen is the boss.
Thank you oga gen.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 9:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
bintushop:
Hey guys! I must say dat 2day is d most happiest day so far for me. I guess month of Feb is a blessed month. @5:30 I thoght of goin to see d gen but I ws a bit scared. U neva can tell wot gen can do. I later sumon courage like a soldier and went. Arrivin dre I cal him. He said 'Guy com in' I went in and one soldier came to meet me. He took me to oga gen. I wouldn't knw who ws d oga gen because d soldier dat took me there was way older and matured dat gen. Gen ws in mofti. He looks vry young like one 22yr old boy. Sorry to say dat. First he took me to officers mess. Bought some drinks we drank and gist. After dat u took me to his flat. Whoeva say Army boys no dey do well is a joke or maybe oga gen get another source. Oboy his flat was dope. He really love-vendor it. I sat in is sittin room and he went in to change to uniform tellin me he get work for the night. After some minute one beautiful damsel of a soldier came in. Gen order her to give me food which she did. I ask gen weather na him wife or girlfriend gen laugh and say 'she is my artygirl' after eatin d guy took me round d barracks oboy see respect. Old and young soldiers were just salutin Oga gen. Gen is very cool and shy person. Lol. He bought a wrist watch for his artygirl. Finally wen I was abt goin. Oga gen pull up a ride, i still can't beliv a Lt can acquire dat kind ride. He told me to enter and oboy ride get level. Tv at d back seat. He drove me to som point and say he can't go far because of work. I was shocked he pulled up 5k for me as tp. I felt guilty of sellin d watch for ham whali.
The gen is the boss.
Thank you oga gen.

u are comin up
next time u qoute me. Drop d 'Thank u' word.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
shobroy10:
At my ogas how is credentials screening for army like and someone told me sometimes they do background check on individuals partaining age sometimes

make sure everytin about u is valid especially ur credentials.

Even if u are selected for training, army is not done with ur screening yet. While trainin, army will send people to ur schools mostly ur primary/secondary schools, ask about ur conduct durin school. D sometimes go to ur village or residents ask qustns abt u and ur character while growing up. Ask som psychological qustn too. Like if someone as ever gone mad in ur family linage.
And if u are found wanting, even if is a day or an hour to ur POP. Dat will redrawn u.

Most NDA boys during their final year in the academy the military will verify their credentials again especially their WAEC results. And if d are found wanting they will be redrawn and their years at the academy becomes useless.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
don't ever fake ur certificate for any reason.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by boogie2910: 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
general sir Adopt me, make I come be your boy na
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by BadBullet(m): 12:56am On Feb 02, 2018
boogie2910:
general sir Adopt me, make I come be your boy na

Work harder and smarter and become the boss others look up to and maybe adopt them instead

When i was in high school i always envy cadets whenever i see one cos of the respect they command not until i went for afsb and saw life from another dimension

everyone's always interested in the cleaner part of life forgetting the dirty part meanwhile nothing comes out clean without passing through dirts

#Gracias
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 1:22am On Feb 02, 2018
odimbannamdi:

I hope to see you in NDA.

My morale is as roof-breaking as yours

Gaskiya!! Is my wish that we both make the cut we go give Regulars a good run for their money.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Idemujoseph: 3:06am On Feb 02, 2018
Oga General sir, how is DSSC training like. Is it tough like RC and SSC training?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jafsent30(m): 6:38am On Feb 02, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:
don't ever fake ur certificate for any reason.
is it possible for a person to transfer from ARMY to AIRFORCE or the other way around?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by dabuble: 6:56am On Feb 02, 2018
DSS 2018 RECRUITMENT

Has any one received an invitation for DSS aptitude test.

Please for those who have taken the test before what should one expect.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 7:27am On Feb 02, 2018
Idemujoseph:
Oga General sir, how is DSSC training like. Is it tough like RC and SSC training?

no sir. It's more of lectures. No much of physical. Those guys are old people na. Their blood no carry for tough training
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 7:30am On Feb 02, 2018
Jafsent30:

is it possible for a person to transfer from ARMY to AIRFORCE or the other way around?

yes. If a person is an Army recruit and was sponsored by the military to get a degree. If Airforce or Navy DSS is out, he can apply and become officer in another branch of service
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jellybabee(f): 7:56am On Feb 02, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

ClusterFuck!
Pls Sir, your number sir. God will continue to bless you.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 8:01am On Feb 02, 2018
jellybabee:
Pls Sir, your number sir. God will continue to bless you.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jellybabee(f): 8:02am On Feb 02, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

ClusterFuck!
Good morning Sir, pls Sir your number Sir. God will continue to bless you.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Idemujoseph: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

no sir. It's more of lectures. No much of physical. Those guys are old people na. Their blood no carry for tough training
Noted Sir!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lakesman1989: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Oga Gen sir! I will be 29 dz year october what re my chances of piking ssc form?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2018
lakesman1989:
Oga Gen sir! I will be 29 dz year october what re my chances of piking ssc form?

if u will not pass the maximum age at the time of training then go for it.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 02, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

@GenAnsahCinC
You have done well on this thread, a salute and three gun shot for you.

If I may ask, I intend to pick DSSC form when it's released.
I am not registered with any professional body.
1. What corp can I enlist
2. What are my chances without a professional body membership.
3. Is SSC advisable

finally, remember us as regards any assistance you can give.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lakesman1989: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

the problem is I don't know if the time of training will exceed october. A bit confuse here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.