Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1365337 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SealTeam6: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2018
addo4real:
The Army is supposed to be out last Friday,but some thing came up. So hopefully expect it frm Monday to Friday.

boogie2910:

bro you just d blow unnecessary grammar, there is no specific date for the board to sit, they constitute the board on each recruitment. they didn't recruit last year possibly they could start early this year to meet up with the calendar we are only keeping hopes alive.

See ur life both of u undecided
Abeg carry ur yeye speculations comot here.

Till April before anything show
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 27, 2018
SealTeam6:

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by boogie2910: 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2018
SealTeam6:

na like this u wan join army make u carry gun go dash Boko Haram where u no fit understand that my little write up say e dey under probability. grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2018
Please has anyone submitted the SSS application?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 28, 2018
MrSuama:
Please has anyone submitted the SSS application?

Oga park w3ll... This is Army thread not SSS cool
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2018
No parking
No waiting
No loitering
Keep moving
Military Zone
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
MrSuama:
No parking No waiting No loitering Keep moving Military Zone
lol.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by prestige45: 11:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
please if that of 2018 starts I would like to know
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jafsent30(m): 7:48am On Jan 30, 2018
bxboss:

The key thing is age and also availability of space at that rank. In the military they operate using the triangular promotion approach i.e the higher you go the more competitive the promotion. Normally you will be promoted as at when due up to the rank of Colonel. After that na "pressing button" things or prayers because promotion from then is by slot and note age is not on your side.
But wait first why do you want to join the military? hope is not because of lack of employment, because the reality is the possibility of death is high, nowadays both dssc and SSC are deployed in hot zones, even medical doctors, na make you no come join begin cry later, because no going back when you already in.
lol it's not cause of unemployment i just like it but all of my friends and family wouldn't let me even apply they said AIRFORCE is better and they have alot of free time unlike army is this true?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jafsent30(m): 7:53am On Jan 30, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

lol.
Hey please just an advice is AIRFORCE better than ARMY?
I'm talking about when it comes to having your own free time cause my family almost cursed me when i tried to apply for ARMY they said airforce is better and theirs alot of free time and less stress compared to army
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 8:34am On Jan 30, 2018
Jafsent30:

Hey please just an advice is AIRFORCE better than ARMY?
I'm talking about when it comes to having your own free time cause my family almost cursed me when i tried to apply for ARMY they said airforce is better and theirs alot of free time and less stress compared to army

Airforce is just not better. It is the best seconded by Navy. When it comes to free time, Airforce has it in bulk seconded by Navy. Army boys don't rest. As an Army officer, u may stay 40 days without seeing your bed. No sleep always on the moved. Nowadays Army is doing the work of Airforce and Navy. Army has began training pilots soon army will be doing the Airforce duties and there will be no work for Air boys. .Normally Navy primary work is to protect the water-ways. But when I was at 3Battalion, Army were the one called for rescue and excort on water ways. Army boys were restless during Dec last month. Something happend at Warri water and two custom officers were killed. Guess who the called for rescue, na Army. I remember when a Navy rating was standing in the sun for less than 2hrs and he yell 'Permission to leave sir' I heared his oga said 'carry on' the boy left the sun. I swear u can't try dat in Army. U go serve job tire.
My brother go for Airforce.
There are so many reasons non of my friends should join the Army but i can't list them here for security reasons.. There are things one shouldn't post online.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jafsent30(m): 8:41am On Jan 30, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Airforce is just not better. It is the best seconded by Navy. When it comes to free time, Airforce has it in bulk seconded by Navy. Army boys don't rest. As an Army officer, u may stay 40 days without seeing your bed. No sleep always on the moved. Nowadays Army is doing the work of Airforce and Navy. Army has began training pilots soon army will be doing the Airforce duties and there will be no work for Air boys. .Normally Navy primary work is to protect the water-ways. But when I was at 3Battalion, Army were the one called for rescue and excort on water ways. Army boys were restless during Dec last month. Something happend at Warri water and two custom officers were killed. Guess who the called for rescue, na Army. I remember when a Navy rating was standing in the sun for less than 2hrs and he yell 'Permission to leave sir' I heared his oga said 'carry on' the boy left the sun. I swear u can't try dat in Army. U go serve job tire.
My brother go for Airforce.
There are so many reasons non of my friends should join the Army but i can't list them here for security reasons.. There are things one shouldn't post online.
wow thank you so much for this I guess I was saved but what about their training I heard is the same as ARMY for both airforce ssc and dssc
and still I heard from one guy he said during their training he keep seing new faces that were not there before it like they were joining the training months after how is that possible?
in my case i don't really care about the trsining but that parade stuff is one thing I can't bring myself to like I swear
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 9:04am On Jan 30, 2018
Jafsent30:

wow thank you so much for this I guess I was saved but what about their training I heard is the same as ARMY for both airforce ssc and dssc
and still I heard from one guy he said during their training he keep seing new faces that were not there before it like they were joining the training months after how is that possible?
in my case i don't really care about the trsining but that parade stuff is one thing I can't bring myself to like I swear

first of all, Airforce doesnt have SSC. Army does. For their training, even a baby should know that Army training from recruit to officers level is the toughest.
Let me used NDA as example.
In NDA all the cadets Airforce Navy and Army cadets trained together in their first and second year in the Academy. From third year, Airforce and Navy cadets training becomes lesser. Airforce and Navy cadets will be embarking on excorsion visiting different formation and travelling anyhow. But Army cadets will be going to bush for 'Boot camp' almost every month and each 'boot campin' the go. The stay in the bush for 7days or more. Airforce and Navy cadets stop goin for boot camp in their year two. In conclusion, Army training is deadly espeacially SSC and RC training. Then for seeing new faces, its true. Even 3months to POP some people who never appeared for board interview will join up.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 9:22am On Jan 30, 2018
There are three words I don't always feel comfortable when people use them with me. I am not familiar with those three words. I get pissed off and hell lose when someone says those words to me. Please always try not to say them to me. I don't like those words. They are:

PLEASE!
SORRY!
THANKS or THANK YOU.

When use these words again when quoting me on a comment.

Is that clear?
I hear?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Jafsent30(m): 9:37am On Jan 30, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

first of all, Airforce doesnt have SSC. Army does. For their training, even a baby should know that Army training from recruit to officers level is the toughest.
Let me used NDA as example.
In NDA all the cadets Airforce Navy and Army cadets trained together in their first and second year in the Academy. From third year, Airforce and Navy cadets training becomes lesser. Airforce and Navy cadets will be embarking on excorsion visiting different formation and travelling anyhow. But Army cadets will be going to bush for 'Boot camp' almost every month and each 'boot campin' the go. The stay in the bush for 7days or more. Airforce and Navy cadets stop goin for boot camp in their year two. In conclusion, Army training is deadly espeacially SSC and RC training. Then for seeing new faces, its true. Even 3months to POP some people who never appeared for board interview will join up.
okay final question is it true that you have to live in barracks if you join the airforce or can you live outside their barracks?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 9:54am On Jan 30, 2018
Jafsent30:

okay final question is it true that you have to live in barracks if you join the airforce or can you live outside their barracks?

yes u can live off barracks.
Some soldiers, ratings and airmen live off barracks. But the decision is not urs.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by boogie2910: 3:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
General sir could please tell us the functions of the infantry, artillery and the armoured units in the Nigerian Army.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 4:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
boogie2910:
General sir could please tell us the functions of the infantry, artillery and the armoured units in the Nigerian Army.

Ifantry aka 'The Queen of Battle' is been seen as the main combat of the Army. The Ifantry is the foot soldiers. The fight wars with riffles and can go where Armoured can't.
Armoured aka 'The Offensive Guys' is known as the supporting combat arm. The fight wars using Armed vechicles and tanks. The destroy what the Ifantry guys can't used their riffles to destroy. But the are limited to certain areas in the combat zone.

Artillery aka 'The Guardian Angle' is also a supportin combat arm of the Army.
Theses guys use the Big guns that can shoot 60km away.
These guys puts confussions in the enemy camp.

When there is war for instant,
the both arms are very important to each other. Infact, Artillery is seen as the secret to every win battle becos of the role the play.
For instant there is war. Infantry will alert the Artillery. The Artillery guys will stand in a disclosed area as far as 60km away from war zone and lunch their gun into the enemy camp. There will be confussion in the enemy camp while the enemy is thinking where the shot is from, Armoured and Infantry will moved into the camp taking the advantage of confussion. The Armoured will destoryed things though the will be limitation since tanks cannot enter every places. Where the Armoured can't enter, the Infantry aka Queen of battle will enter and kill enemy both with riffle, knife, hands. And the Infantry will captured the land.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2018
Infantry makes up 70% of the combat arm. It has the highest number of personnel in every Army worldwide.
Of course Infantry is the Army itself.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

Ifantry aka 'The Queen of Battle' is been seen as the main combat of the Army. The Ifantry is the foot soldiers. The fight wars with riffles and can go where Armoured can't.
Armoured aka 'The Offensive Guys' is known as the supporting combat arm. The fight wars using Armed vechicles and tanks. The destroy what the Ifantry guys can't used their riffles to destroy. But the are limited to certain areas in the combat zone.

the both arms are very important to each other. Infact, Artillery is seen as the secret to every win battle becos of the role the play.
For instant there is war. Infantry will alert the Artillery. The Artillery guys will stand in a disclosed area as far as 60km away from war zone and lunch their gun into the enemy camp. There will be confussion in the enemy camp while the enemy is thinking where the shot is from, Armoured and Infantry will moved into the camp taking the advantage of confussion. The Armoured will destoryed things though the will be limitation since tanks cannot enter every places. Where the Armoured can't enter, the Infantry aka Queen of battle will enter and kill enemy both with riffle, knife, hands. And the Infantry will captured the land.

kai!!!! General na this kind comment they raise my libido.. !!!!Action kawai!!!!! ... I'm just imagining my self handling a Tavor 21 with telescope or GPMG afixed with a bayonet wallahi boko haram go hear am..... No prisoners!! No mercy !!! take from them everything(enemies) and give them nothing. Hey!!!! God, I don craze finish because of force work. Baba God pls answer my prayers to become and officer someday ( I no want salary self).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
ugo4u:

kai!!!! General na this kind comment they raise my libido.. !!!!Action kawai!!!!! ... I'm just imagining my self handling a Tavor 21 with telescope or GPMG afixed with a bayonet wallahi boko haram go hear am..... No prisoners!! No mercy !!! take from them everything(enemies) and give them nothing. Hey!!!! God, I don craze finish because of force work. Baba God pls answer my prayers to become and officer someday ( I no want salary self).

Guy go rest, if you see war you go piss for pant.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 5:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
ugo4u:

sweet mouth,u don 4ward dat tin to ur state command?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mekailo:

sweet mouth,u don 4ward dat tin to ur state command?
Don't know what you are talking about
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Anytime I hear this words:
Airforce,
Army,
Bokoharam,
North East...

This is how I feel

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
ugo4u:
Anytime I hear this words:
Airforce,
Army,
Bokoharam,
North East...

This is how I feel

Kudos bro... You are not alone in this patriotic feelings.
Honour, Duty, Country !!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
ugo4u:

when the form is out and you applied. Send me your particulars.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by boogie2910: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

General sir which amongst them is the best to go for.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by veraiyke(m): 6:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
it is honour first and then fear of dying is the hunger to live tomorrow. we will get there
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
boogie2910:

General sir which amongst them is the best to go for.

All the 3 combat arms are good. Look at the different role they play and the one that will best fit you
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by bishopdave(m): 7:19pm On Jan 30, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

All the 3 combat arms are good. Look at the different role they play and the one that will best fit you

Thank you so much. May be God bless and guid you. Hopefully we will join you soon. #RESPECT
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GenAnsahCinC: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2018
bishopdave:

Thank you so much. May be God bless and guid you. Hopefully we will join you soon. #RESPECT

you are coming up. But next time drop the 'Thank You' word. I am not familiar with it.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by bishopdave(m): 8:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
GenAnsahCinC:

you are coming up. But next time drop the 'Thank You' word. I am not familiar with it.

Noted .BOSS

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 2NDLieutenant(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.