Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1375522 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Abdulrahmon68(m): 12:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
ugo4u:

Yea, I'm interested in getting ripped(how kwanu a whole combatant go carry body like person wey de IDP camp) but the problem is continuity, common pressup when I say make I begin do with situp after 3days I just loose interest, I no de even remember self na if i don reach work I come remember say I no do pressup. God dey sha e be like say na (Kasilan12) are go de take
. Lol. It is called Casilan 90 bro not Casilan 12. The price is around 6k now i think. It is good for a beginner so you can try it.

Cheers!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 1:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
SerialAlpha:

Yes. Keep your self in great shape.
Anyway just ran a check now via https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/info/obesity/bmi-calculators-charts.php ,am owk.Still need assistance from a fellow (Abian) in lagos.pls pm if you are here.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
I've gotten my NIMC slip today, I'm good to go. Patiently waiting for the forms.
Hope y'all ID card or NIMC slip is ready? cos it will be a criterion for registration.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 4:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
ugo4u:
I've gotten my NIMC slip today, I'm good to go. Patiently waiting for the forms.
Hope y'all ID card or NIMC slip is ready? cos it will be a criterion for registration.

Even if its a criteria for RRI 77...dat dos not mean it will be for SSC/DSSC.....policy changes from time to time
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
damiBJ:

Even if its a criteria for RRI 77...dat dos not mean it will be for SSC/DSSC.....policy changes from time to time
Wisdom demands you have it at hand. It won't hurt you if you have it and it isn't a requirement than not having it at all only to find out it is a prerequisite to registration just like 77rri. This army job is only made for the prepared I can assure you, the army will look for every available tactics to disqualify candidates because hundreds of thousands will surely apply and they can't take upto 10℅ of applicants for interview.
Do as you please though it's just an advice to forumites here(benefit of this thread), nobody is paying me for this, moreover the more they disqualify ineligible applicants the better for some of us that are ready.
NIMC can take up to 3weeks or even a month b4 it will come out, when the registrations starts(usually spans for 3 to 4weeks) and you are asked to provide ur NIN, I'll see the magic you will perform to get it within the registration window.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
House i salute una!
Is letter of Attestation from our institutions still required during signup? plsss so i make arrangements for that as money will be involved.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2018
Mekailo:
House i salute una!
Is letter of Attestation from our institutions still required during signup? plsss so i make arrangements for that as money will be involved.

Forget such, it's not used at any phase of the process. From the registration to the board interview, nobody ask or demanded such from me in 2016.

Your university degree certificate is all the confirmation that anyone anywhere needs as a proof that you attended the said institution. all they need do is to confirm it's authenticity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 7:15pm On Mar 26, 2018
Heatup47:

Forget such, it's not used at any phase of the process. From the registration to the board interview, nobody ask or demanded such from me in 2016.

Your university degree certificate is all the confirmation that anyone anywhere needs as a proof that you attended the said institution. all they need do is to confirm it's authenticity.
t
tanks bro,u just put my mind to rest,i fear lookin for money pass war.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
ugo4u:

Wisdom demands you have it at hand. It won't hurt you if you have it and it isn't a requirement than not having it at all only to find out it is a prerequisite to registration just like 77rri. This army job is only made for the prepared I can assure you, the army will look for every available tactics to disqualify candidates because hundreds of thousands will surely apply and they can't take upto 10℅ of applicants for interview.
Do as you please though it's just an advice to forumites here(benefit of this thread), nobody is paying me for this, moreover the more they disqualify ineligible applicants the better for some of us that are ready.
NIMC can take up to 3weeks or even a month b4 it will come out, when the registrations starts(usually spans for 3 to 4weeks) and you are asked to provide ur NIN, I'll see the magic you will perform to get it within the registration window.

I like your zeal Bro but I have a little advice for you, in addition to your zeal ensure you share your dreams and aspirations as regards the army with those people whom you know mean you well in life.
In 2016 I told the technical leader of my church about my ambition, little did i know he had a cybercafe where he had help registered a friend who eventually scaled through short service combatant and got commissioned, as at 2016 that his friend had become a lieutenant. he gave me the number of the fellow and I called him, the fellow happened to be of same tribe with me.
Guess what? he asked of my name that same night, the next day list was released with my name on it though I didn't scale through the interview.

God will grant you your heart desires and answer your prayers Bro.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2018
Heatup47:

I like your zeal Bro but I have a little advice for you, in addition to your zeal ensure you share your dreams and aspirations as regards the army with those people whom you know mean you well in life.
In 2016 I told the technical leader of my church about my ambition, little did i know he had a cybercafe where he had help registered a friend who eventually scaled through short service combatant and got commissioned, as at 2016 that his friend had become a lieutenant. he gave me the number of the fellow and I called him, the fellow happened to be of same tribe with me.
Guess what? he asked of my name that same night, the next day list was released with my name on it though I didn't scale through the interview.

Bros at what stage were you evicted and what happened pls enlighten us wink
Heatup47:

Bros at what stage were you evicted and what happened pls enlighten us
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2018
SerialAlpha:

Bros at what stage were you evicted and what happened pls enlighten us wink

Bros at what stage were you evicted and what happened pls enlighten us

please check the link below you will get full details of what happened in SSC 44 board interview in 2016 as written by another candidate.

https://www.nairaland.com/3319739/nairalanders-experience-army-ssc-course
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
Heatup47:

bro wat key tins r asked during the interview?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2018
Heatup47:

Thanks bro. I appreciate. As for talking to people baba shame don begin de catch self because anytime I waka for area even for church everybody de call me soldier, I can't just hide my love for the profession. Its so bad that the first interview I went for (via connection oo) Freight servicing coy. During interview I didn't know when I told them that I wanted to be an officer that if I happen to get the job, I'll resign whenever the opportunity to join the army avail itself. Naso I take miss the job oo with six figure salary, even my church member that recommended me just tire for me. I can't hide my feelings oo me tell am straight up no be say them go spend money for me finish for training only for me to resign. I'm currently teaching a secondary school and also preparing students for WAEC and JAMB exams. This I do with joy because I know any day I hear peem concerning army recruitment, na from that day countdown to resignation start. #Army or nothing.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
I will like those who doesn't have an experience as regards the board interview to read the below account of a candidate in SSC 44 board interview 2016.
It will answer many questions.

odimbannamdi:
It had always been my dream to join the Nigerian Army since my NYSC days in 2013/14 at the Nigerian Army Cantonment, Ojo. It seemed the perfect career path where I could deploy my intelligence, wit, strength and patriotism to my country. So, it was with so much eagerness that I applied for the Army SSC recruitment the very day applications were declared open. Thereafter, I started praying to make the first shortlistment, at least

My joy knew no bounds on the 29th of July when I saw my name in The Punch newspaper among the 30 shortlisted candidates from each state expected to report to the NDA old site, Kaduna on the 5th of August. I could hardly sleep at night due to excitement. So my dream was finally coming through. I was finally going to become an officer with the Nigerian Army.

I reported at Kaduna for the screening by exactly 3:30pm on the 5th of August. Only 17 people showed up for the screening from my state (Abia State): 15 on the first day, and another 2 a few days later.

A semi-apron-like blue tag containing a 2 lettered abbreviation of your state of origin and number was issued to every candidate, to be won all through the screening period (mine was AB08). Officially, we were to be known and regarded by this tag number. You would hear stuffs like “AB08, how far na? GB14, old boy I dey o” At some point, we all forgot our names. Lol. Also, it is this number you would send to your sponsors for influential purposes

An adhoc screening board made up of a Major General (the president of the board), 3 Colonels, 3 Lieutenant Colonels (the board secretary was one of them), 3 Captains (the board Admin Officer was one of them) and 3 Lieutenants was set up.

The first screening stage was vetting of candidates’ credentials to ascertain their authenticity and whether we would still be below the required maximum age of 29 by October. A Lt. Col. (the C.O. of 1div Hospital at NDA new site) screened for my state and he was very thorough. I noticed that the Army even prefers you to be younger than the minimum required age.

The next screening stage was writing an aptitude test. Candidates were divided into 3 groups. 1st group wrote at the hall just adjacent the parade ground. 2nd group wrote at the Cadet mess while the 3rd group (which included my state) wrote at the staff school, (one Professor Yahaya or so hall)

The test comprised of 4 sections:

- An essay (WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN THE NIGERIAN ARMY) of 500 – 1000words
- 10 English questions
- Around 7 Maths questions (can’t remember exactly now)
- Around 15 – 20 current affairs questions (cant remember exactly too)

The test was over in 2hours time. I gathered that the test was aimed at gauging our communicative ability, so more attention was paid to the essay and english objective questions. Some candidates were evicted based on the result of this test.

The next screening stage was the “almighty” medical and physical examination. As a result of the mammoth crowd and many tests we were supposed to undergo, we were shared into various groups. My state and some other states first went to the Medical Reception Station (MRS) for Xray. The next day, some of us went to 1div hospital, new NDA site, for blood tests, physical, dental and optical examination, checking of Blood pressure and BMI.

Considering the significance of this stage to a candidate’s final selection, I will try to explain each test further

Physical examination: Here, we were stripped Unclad, asked to stand straight with our hands placed at varying positions (this is to check if we have a bad posture such as kyphosis [hunched back] or lordosis) and our feet making a V-shape (to check for flat feet). The number of our testes was checked. We were then asked to grab our buttocks, bend down with our anus very visible and cough (this is to check if we have had pile before)

Blood and urine tests: Over 5mls of our blood was drawn and our urine taken in a sterile bottle. We were tested for diseases such Hepatitis B, HIV, Syphilis etc. I think our blood group and genotype were also checked

Blood Pressure reading: Being in a cool environment (such as an air-conditioned room), prior to checking your blood pressure, helps calm you down, consequently normalizing it. One Corporal Mike hinted us that the optimal reading is 120/90 or 110/80, while anything more than 140/90 is regarded as being high.

Body Mass Index (BMI): Our height and weight were measured, after taking off our shoes. The readings were used to determine our BMI. The full diameter of our chest during deep inhaling was also measured

Eye examination: We were asked to read letters from an eye chart placed about 10meters and 0.5meter away from us with one of our eyes closed at each time. Next, we were asked to decipher letters printed in colour patterns. Both tests were used to detect if we have long or short-sightedness and Astigmatism

Dental Examination: The alignment, number and grip of our teeth were also checked

The medical and physical examinations took almost 5days to conclude. Any state that finishes its medicals proceeded to do the psychology tests.

During the Psychology tests, 2 Lieutenants shared a booklet containing questions that tried to figure out our history of stimulants/drugs usage. The questions were structured in a way that when you lie in the first question, you would have to keep lying to the end. LOL.

Alcohol usage kind of raised a controversy among candidates because almost every young man has, at one point or the other, taken a sip of the contents of the green bottle. But I observed that as long as your alcohol usage wasnt a source of worry to your loved ones or you haven’t suffered a challenge arising from it (of course, the questions asked us that), then it wasn’t enough to disqualify you.

However, other classes of stimulants used via smoking, inhaling, sniffing or injecting, I observed too, disqualified some candidates. I think they tested their urine for the presence of such stimulants, cant say exactly. We were further interviewed based on our answers
The results of the medical and psychology tests were announced together and candidates were consequently evicted.

I WAS EVICTED AT THIS STAGE TOO. I will talk about it soon

HOW RESULTS OF EACH SCREENING STAGE WAS ANNOUNCED[/b]

To a very great extent, the screening process was transparent.

Upon completion of each screening stage, the board members met and compiled the list of candidates who are “suspects of eviction”. All members of the board then arrive the parade ground to meet orderly but very anxious candidates.

Starting from Abia state, the board secretary calls out names of candidates who are made to immediately shout “Yes Sir!” with a leap and, along with their credentials, jogs to a part of the parade ground and sits on the ground.

Candidates who were flagged for eviction resulting from credentials screening were subjected to a review where their credentials were looked at again before final eviction.

The aptitude test stage did not need a review, of course. You don fail you don fail. No argument.

After the first set of medical and physical examinations, candidates were taken back to 1div hospital for review. Here, if you fell short of the accepted standard in any of the tests, apart from the blood and urine tests, you would be called in to be reviewed by the medical team.

Evictions resulting from the medical and psychological tests was, perhaps, the most touching and monumental. Lol. When the soldiers and officers were telling us that “medicals must drop over half of all of you. That one na dole”, we thought they were only envious of our would-be officer status.

The evening the results ought to have been announced, we waited for the board members till 10pm in the night. The secretary later came and told us that the results would be announced the next day. He instructed us to come to the parade ground with our bags the next morning.

The next morning, around 7am or later, all members of the board arrived the parade ground along with a public address system. There was a different kind of aura in the air. The atmosphere was so tensed.

Mounting the PAS, the board secretary started, “Candidates! Today, my problems will be reduced. Most of you will go back to your villages. The Nigerian Army does not compromise on health issues. If you hear your number, carry your kaya and run out. Is that clear!” Then he started

MY EVICTION
I was far from surprised when I heard my name. I saw it coming.

I was born with a flat feet, umbilical hernia (i.e. a painless prominent navel) and poor right eye vision. For as long as I can remember, distanced objects appear very blurry when viewed using only my right eye (with my left eye closed). I never thought it was something to worry about because I have perfect sight with my both eyes working.

All these were flagged during the medical tests and I was reviewed based on them again.

It was with a broken heart that I picked up my kaya and jogged to the drill shed to await further instructions.

Indeed, over half of the candidates were evicted based on medical and psychological grounds. In fact, Ogun state saw over 20 of its candidates sent packing, leaving behind just 4!

After calling out the names, the board members came to address us. A lucky few who were evicted for being overweight were called out and asked to go back and join up. Then the rest of us were individually called out and told the reasons for our eviction afterwhich our beloved tags were taken away from us.

As I left NDA gate, hot tears flowed down my cheeks. I was evicted for features my God created me with and not what I acquired. It was really painful.

But in everything, I give Him the glory because He knows the end from the beginning.

I will be dropping the fun part of life in NDA, the psyching from the officers and soldiers that made some candidates run away, the jobs we served and the pertinent lectures about the Army we got from Captain Abdullahi.

Stay tuned

GOD BLESS THE NIGERIAN ARMY! GOD BLESS CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
Full details will be found on the link I posted earlier.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by icotfodile: 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2018
SerialAlpha:

Dont worry about your BMI.. Even last year those that were too fat and overweight were later considered after initially flagging them down for elimination.

Please worry about BMI oh, you dont want to be overweight or underweight.

They were probably re considered because of other reasons.
#If you know, you know.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Honeyx2(m): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2018
Hello gentle men, am new here. I have Bsc. in psychology. SSC OR DSSC whats the best road??
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 11:29am On Mar 27, 2018
Honeyx2:
Hello gentle men, am new here. I have Bsc. in psychology. SSC OR DSSC whats the best road??
DSSC do list its required profession,if urs is needed as at the period of registration apply.if nt safe with SSC.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2018
H
ugo4u:

Tanks course mate...Lolz. I hv everytin dey mite required...fully prepared!!..i just pray my course of study(psychology) will be advertise dis year for DSSC
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
damiBJ:
H

Tanks course mate...Lolz. I hv everytin dey mite required...fully prepared!!..i just pray my course of study(psychology) will be advertise dis year for DSSC
If they don't advertise your course then you join us in SSC..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
@abiodunalasa (intelligence Agent) of our thread wats up naw,u quite.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 3:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
ugo4u:

If they don't advertise your course then you join us in SSC..

Age wahala
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2018
Mekailo:
@abiodunalasa (intelligence Agent) of our thread wats up naw,u quite.

Me good bro... Just chilling till the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hmm
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by vanV: 11:21pm On Mar 27, 2018
Good Evening Sirs; M Vincent m 25 I've HND in forestry technology please can I go for DSSC/SSC thanks God bless u
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mobsync(m): 12:33am On Mar 28, 2018
vanV:
Good Evening Sirs;
M Vincent
m 25
I've HND in forestry technology
please can I go for DSSC/SSC
thanks
God bless u

SSC please. Your services will be needed in Sambisa forest grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
vanV:
Good Evening Sirs; M Vincent m 25 I've HND in forestry technology please can I go for DSSC/SSC thanks God bless u
SSC
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 4:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
damiBJ:
H

Why are u guys scared of SSC ?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
Heatup47:
I will like those who doesn't have an experience as regards the board interview to read the below account of a candidate in SSC 44 board interview 2016.
It will answer many questions.

Guy we asked just simple question you are carrying long thing all about. Mtchew

What question do they ask you when you face the board...? Simple
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mekailo(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
yea likely questions when u face d board?pple with past experience cn assist.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mekailo:
yea likely questions when u face d board?pple with past experience cn assist.

Questions like: why do you want to join the army?
General and common areas of your field of study including current affairs.
It usually doesn't last up to ten minutes per candidate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Isaiah42: 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2018
Some people might think we no longer exist or visit this forum. Na lie o we just dey listen for background dey do serious farm work to keep fit until form come out.
Because the army don't compromise with fitness any other thing can be waved but not fitness even though you like make your godfather be George Bush.
I know of an officer that can not spell school. Instead is will spell it this way skul. But he is a major today in the Nigeria army. Baba forget English o keep fit remember the slogan"otondo must passout".
You no go dey shoot boko Haram dey speak phonetic instead speak hausa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.