Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1359973 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by HarunaWest(m): 1:55pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

If this is actually the reason u wanna join and you're not just being hypocritical, then I must say I admire your altruism & patriotism, unfortunately I entered with the same mindset & I was frustrated outta d system. The Army is an institution(occultic), the army won't change for you, you're the one the army will bend and change by force.

99% of my coursemates joined the Army to bully others or to escape unemployment. I was d odd one out that joined with a pure and clean heart. I checked myself out of training eventually when I couldn't stomach d garbage anymore.

As I said majority of those joining are doing so out of frustration- @least 95% of them.

If you're truly joining to change the NA, I'll advice you to think twice b4 wasting your time and life. I just went there to waste away 4months of my precious life and I'm yet to get my balance since then. I even forgot the Dosage of common drugs like Ciprofloxacin, Metronidazole etc, cos na only Army job we dey serve for training Kula.

It's a real had I known situation. I repeat, if what you wrote above is truly your reason for joining the army, pls don't try it my brother, you will definitely regret it. It's better to join the Airforce & Navy cos they are still civilised, Armyjob na mad man job o!

Army Job!

Army Job!

Army Job!

Mad Man Job!

Craze Man Job!

Stupid Job!

I Like It!

Let's Go!
In life, some bad situations must be changed to good by bad people,nowadays to dine with the devil,you have to be an angel in devil's clothing..I know it's rough and tough mehn,and trust me Ave been an Ex Jam,a cadet and a warbay so I know the thrills and zeal.
Am from a place where we always have advantage as regards armed forces in this country and you see many unqualified people heading very qualified places so am applying to change that notion...if army doesn't avail me that opportunity, Politics definitely would...so whichever way,I must carry out my mission to sanitize NA.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2018
deep!
de army till die.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2018
why does my instincts keep telling me that Lebete3000 and TarOrfeek are the same person??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

All I know is that joining the forces is for those who don't have any other means to be successful at life. I walked out on them and their nonsense cos I know my worth. Others couldn't cos they didn't.

Ask anything u wanna know.
how was the first one week of training ?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 2:24pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

Wetin you go talk b4? Y'all can keep fooling yourselves. But I repeat, no one will have a 1st class in a lucrative course with Shell & Chevron on their knees and say na Army job(mad man) job hin wan go do. Not in this zoo of a country. Majority of the ppl here dying to enter d NA, 95% of them have no jobs or under employed.

Make we no dey deceive ourselves cos we wan answer morale, when d desirable is unavailable, the available becomes desirable. Na condition make crayfish bend enter NA Abeg. The Armed Forces esp Army is usually d last hope of the common man that's why most of the peeps there aren't sophisticated and that's d reason they can accept one with 2.2.

I'm a doctor by profession, I was having issues at my work place due to tribalism and felt I should switch to a FG setup instead of state setting that I was. Unfortunately since 2016, Military has always been the only ones advertising- it seems like a setup to tactically conscript every youth into the force.

I'm not here to discourage anyone but the truth is that majority here joining simply have no choice and the military is d easiest way out of unemployment in this country.

Will talk about my experience later.
i dont agree with you on this, i am currently employed in one of the top 5 multinational telecoms coys and this has not made me change my mind about serving my country as this is where my passion lies. infact i cant even tell anyone around i registered to enlist because it sounds so abnormal to them.
There are flaws in every system but but not everyone is desperate for the job due to lack of employment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
ugo4u:

Read the instructions for both services carefully. Go for SSC that is the best for you, since your course of study doesn't matter. Your course is not in DSSC and yet you want to apply under DSSC despite being within the age bracket for SSC, you ma think am na.Even if your course is listed your best shot is still the SSC because you have age on ur side and I bet you've not gotten professional certification in ur field with respect to DSSC. I still insist applicants should take time to read this thread from the beginning or if it is too hard then carefully read out the criteria for both SSC and DSSC which is clearly spelt out on Army's website.
some folks have pissed General off so don't expect any response from him.

You guys telling ppl to go for SSC or switch to DSSC, I hope you're letting them know they're two totally different worlds entirely?

SSC guys will spend 9months while DSSC 6months.

SSC guys are Combatants involved at the war front with Regular Commission guys from NDA, they're facing death face to face while DSSC guys are just support staff who'll only be involved in combat if the main guys have been overrun. Anything that'll make a DSSC candidate carry gun and start shooting in war front, just know the Army don lose that battle already.

All d consultants and the legal practitioners will be zoned to Abuja after the 3months exercise at Taraba after hanging PIP at Jaaji.

It's important ppl know these things so they'll know whhat they're signing up for.

SSC training na die oh, they won't be satisfied until atleast 10ppl have died. That's d standard for SSC oh! DSSC too tough but they're not interested in killing anyone but you go chop enough flogging taya meen! Enough hunching, enough pinning head, enough yanshing up properly!!! But in all na SSC worse pass, that one you go become real animal when you comot, that one na if you never craze b4 that time sef. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

You guys telling ppl to go for SSC or switch to DSSC, I hope you're letting them know they're two totally different worlds entirely?

SSC guys are Combatants involved at the war front with Regular Commission guys from NDA, they're facing death face to face while DSSC guys are just support staff who'll only be involved in combat if the main guys have been overrun. Anything that'll make a DSSC candidate carry gun and start shooting in war front, just know the Army don lose that battle already.

All d consultants and the legal practitioners will be zoned to Abuja after the 3months exercise at Taraba after hanging PIP at Jaaji.

It's important ppl know these things so they'll know whhat they're signing up for.

SSC training na die oh, they won't be satisfied until atleast 10ppl have died. That's d standard for SSC oh! DSSC too tough but they're not interested in killing anyone but you go chop enough flogging taya meen! Enough hunching, enough pinning head, enough yanshing up properly!!! But in all na SSC worse pass, that one you go become real animal when you comot, that one na if you never craze b4 that time sef. cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by intrepidjay1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

Arm of strength
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2018
Mafialeader:
i dont agree with you on this, i am currently employed in one of the top 5 multinational telecoms coys and this has not made me change my mind about serving my country as this is where my passion lies. infact i cant even tell anyone around i registered to enlist because it sounds so abnormal to them.
There are flaws in every system but but not everyone is desperate for the job due to lack of employment.

If what you wrote is actually true, then you are the rare ones. Wish you luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2018
odimbannamdi:
why does my instincts keep telling me that Lebete3000 and TarOrfeek are the same person??

Your instinct is playing a fast one on you. That guy might prolly be a service personnel.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 3:21pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

If this is actually the reason u wanna join and you're not just being hypocritical, then I must say I admire your altruism & patriotism, unfortunately I entered with the same mindset & I was frustrated outta d system. The Army is an institution(occultic), the army won't change for you, you're the one the army will bend and change by force.

99% of my coursemates joined the Army to bully others or to escape unemployment. I was d odd one out that joined with a pure and clean heart. I checked myself out of training eventually when I couldn't stomach d garbage anymore.

As I said majority of those joining are doing so out of frustration- @least 95% of them.

If you're truly joining to change the NA, I'll advice you to think twice b4 wasting your time and life. I just went there to waste away 4months of my precious life and I'm yet to get my balance since then. I even forgot the Dosage of common drugs like Ciprofloxacin, Metronidazole etc, cos na only Army job we dey serve for training Kula.

It's a real had I known situation. I repeat, if what you wrote above is truly your reason for joining the army, pls don't try it my brother, you will definitely regret it. It's better to join the Airforce & Navy cos they are still civilised, Armyjob na mad man job o!

Army Job!

Army Job!

Army Job!

Mad Man Job!

Craze Man Job!

Stupid Job!

I Like It!

Let's Go!

Doc. I'm a colleague
I'm very interested in the Army.
1)Share with us details on the DSSC screening.
Please help us out so we'll be prepared psychologically. (don't postpone this time sir)

2)What were those things that pissed you off in the training that made you call it quit?

3)I hope you're writing PLAB. Cos even federal job money na small change (including institutions that pay skipping)

Thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
Mafialeader:
how was the first one week of training ?

For DSSC which I partook in, majorly confirmation of credentials and putting you into the 3different companies: Alpha, Bravo & Charlie company: Red, Blue & Yellow. Respectively.

However some RC guys might sneak & coman serve you guys job in the middle of the night like a thief in the night.

All the above is for those that have scaled the zonal screening first. We did ours at the General Yakubu Gowon NYSC camp, Dutse, Jigawa state.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 3:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

For DSSC which I partook in, majorly confirmation of credentials and putting you into the 3different companies: Alpha, Bravo & Charlie company: Red, Blue & Yellow. Respectively.

However some RC guys might sneak & coman serve you guys job in the middle of the night like a thief in the night.

All the above is for those that have scaled the zonal screening first. We did ours at the General Yakubu Gowon NYSC camp, Dutse, Jigawa state.
How about the 3.2km race and other physical activities? Did you partake and complete the task?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2018
I also heard all the doctors that applied were selected. How true is that?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Doc. I'm a colleague
I'm very interested in the Army.
1)Share with us details on the DSSC screening.
Please help us out so we'll be prepared psychologically. (don't postpone this time sir)

2)What were those things that pissed you off in the training that made you call it quit?

3)I hope you're writing PLAB. Cos even federal job money na small change (including institutions that pay skipping)

Thanks in anticipation

The things that pissed me off might not necessarily piss you off. One thing for sure is, if you're hell bent on joining the army, you'll overlook a lotta things, but if you're like me interested in making things right by all means, I sorry for you.

You'll first need to meet all d requirements, then if successful, you'll be called for a Zonal screening prolly at NYSC camp in Dutse, Jigawa. This should not last more than 10days where your credentials will be screened & crook weeded out. You may need tobring an ECG report from a govt seting too or Army might do that too sha. Then you'll write an Aptitude test that'll involve OBJ questions and most likely why you wanna join the NA. Then you'll go for medicals and people will be further weeded out from here as well. After this, the people deemed fit by virtue of passing the medicals will run the 3.2km race. And there be 4boxes according to the time: 18, 25, 30, 35 mins if I can still recollect. Then you'll go for pushups, situps and obstacle crossing by scaling a 6feet wall. You'll also climb a strong rope and try to get to a very high target before getting back down again.

After all this, you'll all go home and await the final selection that'll make it to Jaji Cantonment, Kaduna- The Home of Infantry.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

How about the 3.2km race and other physical activities? Did you partake and complete the task?

Yes I did, I made it to 2nd box.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 3:41pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

what is paining me is that the rc will be given two star after 6month y the scc will still be on one star is not fair ..both should be given same rank after passing out are dey not combatants
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2018
GeneralFeezy:
I also heard all the doctors that applied were selected. How true is that?
Army no de use their eye see doctors and lawyers. I personally no 2 doctors that casually applied in 2016 in my street and before I finished my NYSC na so them flood my house with Calendar and book of their POP.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2018
enesi009:
what is paining me is that the rc will be given two star after 6month y the scc will still be on one star is not fair ..both should be given same rank after passing out are dey not combatants

They spent 5years, you spent 9months, they're actually not your mates cos the 2star they'll hang afterwards will be backdated sef, making them mates with the DSSC guys.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2018
enesi009:
Just forget about all those minor stuff if you truly wanna serve. Those guys are usually put through hell from Termer 1 while a Kolito like you will serve job for only 9 months and hang the same pip with them. I bet you if you are an RC you will be jealous of kolitos(graduate) na so this world take be. As most of you(BSC holders) are looking down on HND guys naso Regus they look down on una.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2018
ninety5:
Please, I would to know how many applicants are accepted into the NA through the DSsc and SSC programs from each state?

More so, how many pushups and sit ups does one have to perfect and what's the time space for each?

Pushups- 20
Situps- 30.

No time spacing for either. This one na my time sha oh! Course 23.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:04pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

The things that pissed me off might not necessarily piss you off. One thing for sure is, if you're hell bent on joining the army, you'll overlook a lotta things, but if you're like me interested in making things right by all means, I sorry for you.

You'll first need to meet all d requirements, then if successful, you'll be called for a Zonal screening prolly at NYSC camp in Dutse, Jigawa. This should not last more than 10days where your credentials will be screened & crook weeded out. You may need tobring an ECG report from a govt seting too or Army might do that too sha. Then you'll write an Aptitude test that'll involve OBJ questions and most likely why you wanna join the NA. Then you'll go for medicals and people will be further weeded out from here as well. After this, the people deemed fit by virtue of passing the medicals will run the 3.2km race. And there be 4boxes according to the time: 18, 25, 30, 35 mins if I can still recollect. Then you'll go for pushups, situps and obstacle crossing by scaling a 6feet wall. You'll also climb a strong rope and try to get to a very high target before getting back down again.

After all this, you'll all go home and await the final selection that'll make it to Jaji Cantonment, Kaduna- The Home of Infantry.
Thanks for the detailed answer sir
Please how many push ups and sit ups are we to do?
2)Did they ask you any questions in medicine in general?
3)What do you think is the fate of a doctor with a refractory error
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 4:06pm On Oct 29, 2018
odimbannamdi:

It's actually not out of place if you start running regularly to prepare yourself, but right now, acing the 3.2km race should be the least of your worries.

The moment you get into NDA, it becomes a taboo is walk around. You double to the parade ground, you double to the mess for your meals and double back, you double to the MRS for the first stage of medical screening. You double virtually everywhere you go.

I remember a funny but painful incident that happened on one of the days at NDA.

Abia and other A-state candidates covered up in threes and doubled to the mess for lunch. After having a wrap of hot eba and draw soup, we began to stroll casually back to the parade ground. We were just at the corner that diverts to MRS when one Captain sighted us and shouted "ehhhhh!!! you guys are forming Westlife formation on NDA ground abi Oya, all of you go down!".

People of God, that was we frog-jumpped from that place to the parade ground - a distance if almost 400meters. Guys nearly regurgitated the eba they ate. it would have been better for us if we didnt go to have lunch at all that day.

So my point is, when you get shortlisted and progress each day in the screening exercise, you will begin to get used to the hard life and you will find your body light enough to run for several kilometers without feeling a pinch

Word! I lost all my belly fat in Jaji and was jogging 30km steady as long as I dey hear my favourite morale song:

"Aunty!!! U fine eh!!!, Na your backside, dey do wamwamwam!!!" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 4:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Thanks for the detailed answer sir
Please how many push ups and sit ups are we to do?
2)Did they ask you any questions in medicine in general?
3)What do you think is the fate of a doctor with a refractory error

1. 20pushups, 30 situps.

2. Yes they asked me how i'll manage a Soldier I met in Coma.

3. A doctor we called "one-eyed Sunday" was amongst us and is a Lieutenant today. Cos they needed docs badly then, even those whose names weren't on the list for zonal screening were told to come and they were picked. Only 2docs were disqualified, cos one was too old and d other a Dentist had a very obvious bow leg.

All of this was in my time, so not sure of its applicability now oh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 4:16pm On Oct 29, 2018
dominicnuel1:
if na to waka guy l get am for 10km for leg na jus run no master me

Guy you must start learning how to mark time oh. Shekau no go dey walk when your bullet finish & hin dey chase u oh. You will dash and be judged by how fast you can run a long distance.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

1. 20pushups, 30 situps.

2. Yes they asked me how i'll manage a Soldier I met in Coma.

3. A doctor we called "one-eyed Sunday" was amongst us and is a Lieutenant today. Cos they needed docs badly then, even those whose names weren't on the list for zonal screening were told to come and they were picked. Only 2docs were disqualified, cos one was too old and d other a Dentist had a very obvious bow leg.

All of this was in my time, so not sure of its applicability now oh.
Chop my knuckle baba. You too gbaski.
Thanks for the info.
I wish I knew you in person
I finished from OOUTH
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 4:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Chop my knuckle baba. You too gbaski.
Thanks for the info.
I wish I knew you in person
I finished from OOUTH

You'll probably know me if you're on Locum Doctors Conference.

I'm Ichiban Doctore on d the above forum on Telegram.

And mine is the Greatest Ife.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

Word! I lost all my belly fat in Jaji and was jogging 30km steady as long as I dey hear my favourite morale song:

"Aunty!!! U fine eh!!!, Na your backside, dey do wamwamwam!!!" cheesy
Lwkmd. Na so morale songs dey ginger since 1900's. I remember when I was still in the Nigerian Army Cadet Corps F'COY e get one song wey dey ginger me
I see this girl eheh. I want to marry.... Marry Marry marry
I want to Roma Roma Roma Roma
I want to débẹ̀ débẹ̀ débẹ̀ débẹ̀

Caro yellow sisi ×2 Caro chop my money follow oyinbo, Oyinbo run away Caro dey cry

Suwenwen Suwenwen.... Suwen Suwenwen Suwen. Who is a soldier. A soldier is a soldier Suwen Suwenwen Suwen

It was all fun
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

You'll probably know me if you're on Locum Doctors Conference.

I'm Ichiban Doctore on d the above forum on Telegram.

And mine is the Greatest Ife.

Ichiban. I know you wella na You sef know me. Ná me introduce you to one Dr Oduniyi for Ikorodu. Bomi Hospital. You fit remember?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Ichiban. I know you wella na You sef know me. Ná me introduce you to one Dr Oduniyi for Ikorodu. Bomi Hospital. You fit remember?

I think I do grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

I think I do grin grin grin
I still have your contact. I'll message you on WhatsApp
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2018
lebete3000:

ok thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.