Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,544 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1360291 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2018
Ibenny:
Please gentlemen, I have few questions to ask about the DSSC. I decided to ask my question here cause I don't know where else to ask and because I believe you guys and probably experienced in it.

I am among the shortlisted candidate that are to come for an aptitiude test scheduled on December 1 in Lagos. Now here are my problems

1) On their website, they requested for degree certificate but I'm yet to collect my statement or certificate but I only have my school transcript.

2) They also requested for NYSC certificate or exemption certificate which I don't have any yet. I graduated recently and I'm planning on getting my exemption letter if my statement is out.

With this two issues, should I still go for the aptitude test or should I forget it. When I applied, I didn't know they will short list candidates this fast before I collect my school documents.
And please if anyone of you have any past question please kindly help me with one. Will be so grateful.
Please I await you guys response. Thanks.

Since you are going there to write exams only , they may likely not request for it.. they did not last year or year before that.

but once you pass this stage , the next stage all your document will be thoroughly cross checked, so make sure you have all handy by then. So you should prepare and go for your exams.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ibenny(f): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2018
Integrator1:

Since you are going there to write exams only , they may likely not request for it.. they did not last year or year before that.

but once you pass this stage , the next stage all your document will be thoroughly cross checked, so make sure you have all handy by then. So you should prepare and go for your exams.

All the best.

Really? Whoa! Okay thank you do much.
Sorry for asking, please do you have any past question with you? I have been trying to lay my hand on one. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2018
Integrator1:

All the best.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 9:16am On Nov 27, 2018
Ibenny:

Really? Whoa! Okay thank you do much.
Sorry for asking, please do you have any past question with you? I have been trying to lay my hand on one. Thanks.

Send pm
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ibenny(f): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2018
Integrator1:

Send pm
Okay.. Done.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Yohh: 9:38am On Nov 27, 2018
Ibenny:
Please gentlemen, I have few questions to ask about the DSSC. I decided to ask my question here cause I don't know where else to ask and because I believe you guys and probably experienced in it.

I am among the shortlisted candidate that are to come for an aptitiude test scheduled on December 1 in Lagos. Now here are my problems

1) On their website, they requested for degree certificate but I'm yet to collect my statement or certificate but I only have my school transcript.

2) They also requested for NYSC certificate or exemption certificate which I don't have any yet. I graduated recently and I'm planning on getting my exemption letter if my statement is out.

With this two issues, should I still go for the aptitude test or should I forget it. When I applied, I didn't know they will short list candidates this fast before I collect my school documents.
And please if anyone of you have any past question please kindly help me with one. Will be so grateful.

If u could take exemption from NYSC, then ur age won't likely fit. Am I wrong?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ibenny(f): 9:50am On Nov 27, 2018
Yohh:

If u could take exemption from NYSC, then ur age won't likely fit. Am I wrong?

I'm taking exemption letter. And moreover in their website, they requested for a NYSC certificate or an exemption.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Omosakin: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2018
Omosakin:
Please must the military personnel be the one presently serving

Please help me oo
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
Been a while I come here...

Pls guys I want to ask our senior men there's about 4 Forms in our portal to be printed.

But I think they're the same cos the other two are PDF versions.

But IDK!

Are we to print all 4s and sign them?

The local government Attestation form and the Reference form, are they the same?

Cc:
Odimbannamdi
Sheriff232
Ogo4u
MrSuama
et al
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Omosakin:

Please help me oo
I called the Army Headquarters on two occasions and they said it has to be serving officers. As me I no see any serving officer, na retired officers sign for me. The officers even talk say dem don sign for enough people wey enter Army say e no matter whether serving or retired.
So if you no get serving, use what is available.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by GeneralFeezy(m): 12:36pm On Nov 27, 2018
SerialAlpha:

Pls guys I want to ask our senior men there's about 4 Forms in our portal to be printed.

But IDK!

The local government Attestation form and the Reference form, are they the same?

Cc:
Odimbannamdi
Sheriff232
Ogo4u
MrSuama
et al
My sister the forms are the same. Pick anyone you wish to use between the copies.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ibenny:

Okay.. Done.
Replied.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
Fellow combatants, how morale?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MorningStar233: 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
[quote author=Ibenny post=73339844]Please gentlemen, I have few questions to ask about the DSSC. I decided to ask my question here cause I don't know where else to ask and because I believe you guys and probably experienced in it.

[/quote
That means you did not upload any NYSC cert or discharge cer and degree cert and your name came out for the exams? You are lucky
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by damiBJ: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
[quote author=MorningStar233 post=73356845][/quote]

Don't bother wasting ur precious time.....u don't HV the main documents....bfor ur exception will be ready self....anoda longtin.....just prepare for the next one...
My candid advice
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ibenny(f): 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
Integrator1:

Replied.
Replied too.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ibenny(f): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2018
[quote author=MorningStar233 post=73356845][/quote]
Can't say I am. Then I don't think uploading the documents where compusolry.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by wasak(m): 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
Please must the military officer signing be from my state of origin? And must it be a serving officer?
Thanks as you reply.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
wasak:
Please must the military officer signing be from my state of origin? And must it be a serving officer?
Thanks as you reply.
yes
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by olumide087(m): 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
please I applied into the EDUCATION CORPS ,(NIGERIA ARMY) DSSC

Is there any tendency that they won't post me in the insurgency field

what I learnt was DSSC is administrative i.e non-combatants ,while SSC is combatant

please mature response ...
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2018
SerialAlpha:

But IDK!

Cc:
Odimbannamdi
Sheriff232
Ogo4u
MrSuama
et al

1.First and foremost there was a mistake on the naming of the first item. It's named "Print local government and attestation form" but when you open it you would see "REFERENCE FOR DSSC CANDIDATES" You are to print 2 copies of this form. Now you need two different people to sign the forms and you have two choices which are:
A. Give one form to your local government chairman or secretary to sign and stamp then you get a military officer of the rank of Lt Col or above or its equivalent in the other arms of the armed forces to sign the second one. It's not compulsory for the military officer to be serving but preferable because a serving officer will have access to his unit stamp which will authenticate your reference forms. But even if his retired his service number (SVC) will do.
B. You can decide to give both reference forms to two different military officers from your state of origin but not necessarily from your local government. To me this is the best option, because it saves money and time.

2. The second form is named "Declaration form" don't print it because it's the same as the second form in number three. Don't panic just ignore it to avoid repetition.

3. The third document is a pdf document named "Attestation and Declaration form". Print both forms.
( a)The parents/guardians declaration form can be signed by your civilian parents or the military officer who signed one of your reference forms if he agrees. But in most cases military personnel hardly sign for unknown people except family members because of the terms on the declaration.
(b)the attestation form can be signed by any of those who signed your reference forms.

4. Print your photocard.

2 reference forms
1 parents/guardians declaration form
1attestation form
1 photocard

Making 5 forms altogether.

Note: if you choose option 1b all 4 forms to be signed would be signed by the two military officers. All the best.

Victory is from God Alone.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 12:28am On Nov 28, 2018
olumide087:

what I learnt was DSSC is administrative i.e non-combatants ,while SSC is combatant

Lt Olumide087 their is no tendency, be prepared for the worst. More so while applying under the education corps, did you forget that the Nigerian Army University is in Borno. According to hear says, that "administrative" palance na before commissioning, but after commissioning be prepared to be called to duty anywhere when the need arises. I stand to be corrected commissioned officers and non commissioned applicants.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by SerialAlpha(f): 6:12am On Nov 28, 2018
MrSuama:

1.First and foremost there was a mistake on the naming of the first item. It's named "Print local government and attestation form" but when you open it you would see "REFERENCE FOR DSSC CANDIDATES" You are to print 2 copies of this form. Now you need two different people to sign the forms and you have two choices which are:
A. Give one form to your local government chairman or secretary to sign and stamp then you get a military officer of the rank of Lt Col or above or its equivalent in the other arms of the armed forces to sign the second one. It's not compulsory for the military officer to be serving but preferable because a serving officer will have access to his unit stamp which will authenticate your reference forms. But even if his retired his service number (SVC) will do.
B. You can decide to give both reference forms to two different military officers from your state of origin but not necessarily from your local government. To me this is the best option, because it saves money and time.

2. The second form is named "Declaration form" don't print it because it's the same as the second form in number three. Don't panic just ignore it to avoid repetition.

3. The third document is a pdf document named "Attestation and Declaration form". Print both forms.
( a)The parents/guardians declaration form can be signed by your civilian parents or the military officer who signed one of your reference forms if he agrees. But in most cases military personnel hardly sign for unknown people except family members because of the terms on the declaration.
(b)the attestation form can be signed by any of those who signed your reference forms.

4. Print your photocard.

2 reference forms
1attestation form
1 photocard

Note: if you choose option 1b all 4 forms to be signed would be signed by the two military officers. All the best.

Wow God bless u bro.

Will any there be need for the Military man who signed for me to attach his her passport ?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mafialeader: 7:07am On Nov 28, 2018
olumide087:

There is o, the education corps is also deployed to support teaching in the IDP camps there.
Case is the Major (doctor) who was rumoured to be among the dead in the recent attack, turned out he survived and lead a mission to counter BH.
DSSC officers must be gallant.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2018
SerialAlpha:

Wow God bless u bro.

Will any there be need for the Military man who signed for me to attach his her passport ?

Yes, but only to the reference forms.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Babatundeh26: 9:06am On Nov 28, 2018
The God that will bless you is a living God, thank you very much sir.
MrSuama:

4. Print your photocard.

2 reference forms
1attestation form
1 photocard

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2018
we all just have to zero our mind, that even if we are ssc or dssc, all have a possibility of being send to combat zone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
MrSuama:

4. Print your photocard.

2 reference forms
1attestation form
1 photocard

If you are a candidate then for the sake of this explanation, I will pray for your name to be on the shortlist. when list for board interview is out, under your state your name will be number five(5).

Come to think of it, all this while I thought the Reference form was not included for DSSC applicants.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Kalapizim(m): 12:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
johnmarcel:
we all just have to zero our mind, that even if we are ssc or dssc, all have a possibility of being send to combat zone
standard, i saw a pic of my former roommate in the university who joined as a lawyer in yobe with 5 magazines strapped on and good to go.
You must be ready for all.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lebete3000: 1:52pm On Nov 28, 2018
emmieachichi:
To the soldiers that paid the ultimate price;

We both left home at 18.
You cleared JAMB
I got recommended.
You got UNIVERSITY,
I got NDA.
You pursued your degree,
I had the toughest training.
Your day started at 7 and ended at 5,
Mine started at 4 till 9 and
Some nights also included.
You had your convocation ceremony,
I had my POP.
Best company took you and
Best package was awarded,
I was ordered to join my platoon
With 2 stars piped on my shoulders.
You got a job,
I got a way of life.
Every eve you got to see your family,
I just wished i got to see my parents soon.
You celebrated festivals with lights and music,
I celebrated with my comrade in bunkers.
We both married,
Your wife got to see you everyday,
My wife just wished i was alive.
You were sent to business trips,
I was sent on line of control.
We both returned,
Both wives couldn't control their tears, but
You wiped her but,
I couldn't.
You hugged her but,
I couldn't.
Because I was lying in the coffin,
With medals on my chest and,
Coffin wrapped with tricolour.
My way of life ended,
Yours continued.
We both left home at 18.
I dedicate this to every soldier and uniform person out there,
especially those recently attacked and slaughtered by Boko
Haram in Borno. May God comfort the families you left behind

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 2:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
Babatundeh26:
The God that will bless you is a living God, thank you very much sir.

Amin. I pray God blesses us all.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by emmieachichi: 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
Greetings lebete, it's bin a while and how are u doing. I emailed you, hope to hear from u soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.