Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1360018 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mexyz(m): 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2018
I went through some comments here and laughed out loud to some people's foolishness that they termed 'bravery'. Who in his right senses would join the NIGERIAN MILITARY after watching what the Boko elements did to our gallant Men. Able young men are being sent to their early graves by some useless military chiefs and politicians, yet we have some people here calling their fellow ordinary citizens 'cowards' just because they want to change their mind about joining the NIGERIAN MILITARY.
Every year, billions of Naira is released for arms and ammunitions,but the klep's that we have up there steal and corner these monies for themselves and family members, they get obsolete AK47's for our young men to go face militants that Armed themselves with armour tanks, rpgs and other armour piercing ammunitions.
You're here insulting a fellow man, let me ask you a question, If Buratai's Son were to be an officer in the NA, Will he be found in Borno or anywhere near the North east?
If I offer you a job with DPR and another with NA, Will you still be patriotic enough to pick the NA over DPR?
DO NOT MISTAKE YOUR FOOLISHNESS FOR BRAVERY.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 24, 2018
Mexyz:
I went through some comments here and laughed out loud to some people's foolishness that they termed 'bravery'. Who in his right senses would join the NIGERIAN MILITARY after watching what the Boko elements did to our gallant Men. Able young men are being sent to their early graves by some useless military chiefs and politicians, yet we have some people here calling their fellow ordinary citizens 'cowards' just because they want to change their mind about joining the NIGERIAN MILITARY.
Every year, billions of Naira is released for arms and ammunitions,but the klep's that we have up there steal and corner these monies for themselves and family members, they get obsolete AK47's for our young men to go face militants that Armed themselves with armour tanks, rpgs and other armour piercing ammunitions.
You're here insulting a fellow man, let me ask you a question, If Buratai's Son were to be an officer in the NA, Will he be found in Borno or anywhere near the North east?
If I offer you a job with DPR and another with NA, Will you still be patriotic enough to pick the NA over DPR?
DO NOT MISTAKE YOUR FOOLISHNESS FOR BRAVERY.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
ugo4u:
Honestly speaking I think it is high time Nigerian Army change its style of training for both men and officers, emphasis should be laid more of tactics, weapons handling and leadership. The era of rolling in the mud, planting the skull etc without quality time being spent on marksmanship and tactics is gone. I am not saying they should scrap physical punishments oo because physical strenght and conditioning for difficult situation just like how the spartans of old trained is also important but we should shift focus, both in NDA and Depot, the guys going in should devout most of their training to Fieldcrafts, even drills should be limited because the truth is that we are at war with both local and foreign hardline terrorists, we oughgt to be at our very best. A situation where recruits/officer cadets are just being beating and punished and are seldom taking for bush camps etc is wrong, cadets in any modern military hardly die due to non-tarining related issues, if any cadet must die it should be as a result of combat training not punishments. Modern warfare is all about tactics, using concepts, methods, and military technology that is why army full of skinnies can defeat one filled with macho men etal. We can better still contract the US/Israeli defense force to take over training/administration of both NDA and Depot in the immediate till the situation improves.
PS: Someone whose brother died in Matele said that first badge of voluntary resignation in the army is out and it is at its all time high.
C-in-C should do something, we can't keep loosing men at this rate and manner. I don't know how mumsy got the wind of the attack on the military, she called me in the middle of the night, and said I should not join the army again that she won't even sign the my form. Me just keep quiet they answer yes ma!!! yes ma!! so that the 2 hours sermon go finish sharply, I don make up my mind, her signature na wetin primary 3 pikin go even forge sef sometimes when I am alone I can't help but feel for her,(Unless army no shortlist me, no going back) but the good thing is she've got 2 other able-bodied male children.
thanks my brother no b to dey pin head for ground be training.. Boko Haram no pin head yet dem dey kill our soldiers.... Just last Month I lost my child hood Frnd in d army dat we both grow up together

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2018
enesi009:
thanks my brother no b to dey pin head for ground be training.. Boko Haram no pin head yet dem dey kill our soldiers.... Just last Month I lost my child hood Frnd in d army dat we both grow up together
them don stop pining of head
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
johnmarcel:
them don stop pining of head
When?
In 2016 during SSC board interview, all the candidates where asked to pin their heads on the ground as punishment by one Lt. Abel
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
Heatup47:

When?
In 2016 during SSC board interview, all the candidates where asked to pin their heads on the ground as punishment by one Lt. Abel

hehehe...#vivid

i remember that one of those incidences happened on the day the GOC of 1div, who happens to be the course mate of the chairman of the selection board, came around.

One stupid candidate asked a question and as soon as the VSOs turned their back in departure, Lt. Abel ordered us to plant our pots.

It was by sheer luck that the VSOs turned their heads and saw us in the new "formation" that they ordered him to release us.

Pinning of head still happens and the senior men are well aware, but nobody is doing anything about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by HarunaWest(m): 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2018
[quote author=erimakosamuel post=73265457][/quote]you lack manners..Serious One....Am sure you will never make it into the Military... The armed Forces don't need people like yah,your negative energy.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2018
odimbannamdi:

hehehe...#vivid

i remember that one of those incidences happened on the day the GOC of 1div, who happens to be the course mate of the chairman of the selection board, came around.

One stupid candidate asked a question and as soon as the VSOs turned their back in departure, Lt. Abel ordered us to plant our pots.

It was by sheer luck that the VSOs turned their heads and saw us in the new "formation" that they ordered him to release us.

Pinning of head still happens and the senior men are well aware, but nobody is doing anything about it.
i hate pining of head that stuff dey inhumane

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
HarunaWest:
you lack manners..Serious One....Am sure you will never make it into the Military... The armed Forces don't need people like yah,your negative energy.

Senu.....
Ehen.....how did you know I won't make it already.

Have you seen the list...... Or did I tell you the military is my only hope....

Am currently working in one of the multinational companies in Nigeria,with a six figure pay.....am just trying the military for love and passion......am not jobless like you......

And last time I checked you are not God who is to decide my fate.....ewu like u

Senu....with your positive energy.

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by johnmarcel(m): 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
anoda e-war want start!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Integrator1: 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2018
erimakosamuel:

Senu.....

Am currently working in one of the multinational companies in Nigeria,with a six figure pay.....am just trying the military for love and passion......am not jobless like you......

Dude , abeg calm down , not a must you reply everybody, anytime you get angry by a post you can just choose to neglect. You were the same dude fighting officers on the navy thread please tone this down , everybody is trying to make friends, connection can come from everybody.

It's better you apologize to those officers on the thread , simple sorry would not take anything from you. A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Boyka007(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2018
Damfostopper:
pls do dey post other arm of military like Airforce to this insurgent areas or it's only the army... cos watching the video of the maiming of the foot soldiers is disturbing... fortifying the soldiers with arms na big problem....

am asking because I want to join Airforce via dssc next year since I will be through with nysc by then

You dey fear ni.. They do o
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
Integrator1:

Dude , abeg calm down , not a must you reply everybody, anytime you get angry by a post you can just choose to neglect. You were the same dude fighting officers on the navy thread please tone this down , everybody is trying to make friends, connection can come from everybody.

It's better you apologize to those officers on the thread , simple sorry would not take anything from you. A word they say is enough for the wise.

Hmmnnn..okay
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mexyz(m): 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
HarunaWest:
you lack manners..Serious One....Am sure you will never make it into the Military... The armed Forces don't need people like yah,your negative energy.
God bless you for pointing that out. That guy is but a kid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by HarunaWest(m): 11:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
erimakosamuel:

Senu.....

I don't care where you work even if I know your lying and I don't care what you do with your life..Stop being someone with negative energy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hausadreturn(m): 3:19am On Nov 25, 2018
ugo4u:
Brothers I just watched the video of the attack by Bokoharam on Matele, damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a disaster for the army, kai!!! The video was too gross I can’t really imagine what went wrong but I think a poor base situational awareness and inadequate weapons will be a major suspect.
After watching the video ba especially when one soldier was rounded up and given a headshot, yet he was still struggling to hold his rifle but those bastards rained bullets on him. After seeing the video instantly I felt a strange feeling in me, My heart was filled with unadulterated hate. If there is anytime to join the army, for me this is it. I am not saying that I am a commando oo or I will come and change the tides, but I believe this is the time to show patriotism to one’s country, for there is no greater honor than picking up arms and fighting for one’s country.
Rip Lt Col Sakaba(Commanding Officer) his younger brother and the brave men of Matele, May God give their families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
Please can you send me the video on private?
How come a Lt. Col. was in the battle field?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by intrepidjay1(m): 4:07am On Nov 25, 2018
Mexyz:

God bless you jae... that guy I too sabi too much... he must always bring himself out... am sure he ain't mature aside age... ErimakoSamuel change ur ways and mentality this forum is to share ideas and make arty not an avenue you bring up ur childish notice me attitude..

Note: Quote me and die....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 5:24am On Nov 25, 2018
intrepidjay1:

God bless you jae... that guy I too sabi too much... he must always bring himself out... am sure he ain't mature aside age... ErimakoSamuel change ur ways and mentality this forum is to share ideas and make arty not an avenue you bring up ur childish notice me attitude..

I checked just checked out a few of the recent pages on the Navy thread and saw his confrontation with Tender.law, an officer. The officer has even marked his DSSC application number. I pity the guy, i just pity the guy. He doesnt know how deep the shit he has gotten himself into is..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by pappydeewhy: 6:46am On Nov 25, 2018
Gentlemen leave dat kid he will learn d hard way I pray he will make d list for SSC.The way he is attacking serving officers is so bad.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 25, 2018
intrepidjay1:

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 25, 2018
Mexyz:

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 25, 2018
HarunaWest:

I don't care where you work even if I know your lying and I don't care what you do with your life..Stop being someone with negative energy..

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 25, 2018
pappydeewhy:
Gentlemen leave dat kid he will learn d hard way I pray he will make d list for SSC.The way he is attacking serving officers is so bad.

Amen.

I pray so too.....I pray I make the list,so that they will deal with me properly.

Thanks for your prayer
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hausadreturn(m): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2018
Who has the video...
Please send.

Also is it just me? A video showed the army blaming the leaders for being underfunded. Is it possible that a soldier would've done that?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sheriff232: 7:31am On Nov 25, 2018
Gentlemen,good morning,what happened few days ago is one of the things associated with profession of arms and that is an indirect way of telling you guys of what might befall you when you join though we are not praying for it.However,the video being circulated is not that of the latest encounter with insurgents that regretably led to the death of the commanding officer.
If you have chosen army as a profession i advice you to begin to tune your minds towards ignoring propaganda of any sort,the profession you want to join has a lot of enemies ,if you are not ready to fight better start looking another direction.
Finally, the army is a way of life not a job you wake up and out of frustration decides to join,pray to God for direction,he will surely guide you.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
hausadreturn:
Who has the video...
Please send.

Also is it just me? A video showed the army blaming the leaders for being underfunded. Is it possible that a soldier would've done that?
I don't have the video bro, I watched it on twitter because youtube has taken it down because of the graphic content. Just go to twitter and type matele bokoharam attack in ur search query.
Though the attack was not matele but Zari attack on the 30th of August..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Generalismo: 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
emmieachichi:
To the soldiers that paid the ultimate price;

We both left home at 18.
You cleared JAMB
I got recommended.
You got UNIVERSITY,
I got NDA.
You pursued your degree,
I had the toughest training.
Your day started at 7 and ended at 5,
Mine started at 4 till 9 and
Some nights also included.
You had your convocation ceremony,
I had my POP.
Best company took you and
Best package was awarded,
I was ordered to join my platoon
With 2 stars piped on my shoulders.
You got a job,
I got a way of life.
Every eve you got to see your family,
I just wished i got to see my parents soon.
You celebrated festivals with lights and music,
I celebrated with my comrade in bunkers.
We both married,
Your wife got to see you everyday,
My wife just wished i was alive.
You were sent to business trips,
I was sent on line of control.
We both returned,
Both wives couldn't control their tears, but
You wiped her but,
I couldn't.
You hugged her but,
I couldn't.
Because I was lying in the coffin,
With medals on my chest and,
Coffin wrapped with tricolour.
My way of life ended,
Yours continued.
We both left home at 18.
I dedicate this to every soldier and uniform person out there,
especially those recently attacked and slaughtered by Boko
Haram in Borno. May God comfort the families you left behind
Permission to post this on my FB wall
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sheriff232: 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2018
Gentlemen,be careful with what you share online,the army will profile you properly before final shortlist,if you know you have any propaganda video on your wall i advice you take it down,hence forth be careful with social media comments unless you are not interested again,good luck

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by BUBUSHOW(m): 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2018
odimbannamdi:

hehehe...#vivid

Pinning of head still happens and the senior men are well as are, but nobody is doing anything about it.
I was the candidate that asked GOC of 1Div. That question.So I am stupid? That means you are more stupid than I do. because we were asked to ask any question. But everybody kept quiet but only me stood up and was courageous to ask that question...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hausadreturn(m): 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
Sheriff232:
Gentlemen,be careful with what you share online,the army will profile you properly before final shortlist,if you know you have any propaganda video on your wall i advice you take it down,hence forth be careful with social media comments unless you are not interested again,good luck
Like nairaland wall? undecided
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by odimbannamdi(m): 10:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
BUBUSHOW:

I was the candidate that asked GOC of 1Div. That question.So I am stupid? That means you are more stupid than I do. because we were asked to ask any question. But everybody kept quiet but only me stood up and was courageous to ask that question...

Profound apologies, coursemate.

Do you know that we on the other side of the parade ground did not even hear your question? That officer just said a useless candidate asked a useless question.

Truly, there are no foolish questions. Only foolish answers. No vex baba.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shiwaggz57(m): 11:18pm On Nov 25, 2018
BUBUSHOW:

lol! so what was the question u asked jare, I want to know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.