Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1363759 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eclipsehemmy(m): 9:48am On Sep 19, 2019
durella32:
during my service year in Enugu..i do jog from abakpa cantonment(82div)to old park.. na hundred naira bus dy carry am.. go, come na how many kilometers..person dy here wey I gather serve with.. him go confirm am.
this is my manchi in whom I am well pleased..... I Dey run 3.2km in 10-12mins bcox of this nigga... Baba na my coach... E no dey tire.... I remember service year in enugu I folo dix man run from barracks to old Park..... Nigga don relax dey gist bfor I carry almost 45mins reach dere... D man was dere in 15-16mins o..... Manchi na our year b dix...... No time to check time
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 11:13am On Sep 19, 2019
durella32:
bro funny enough last year I did not make it to the race.. I was disqualified for height.. I am 1.60.nd army say dm need 1.70..so, bro..even this year na only my height be my problem..if not I know say army no fit see any other thing to use scam me...bro.. practice makes perfect..i prepared for course45 for 3years..2015 To 2018..i cried for days.. but who am I to give up.. if even after buhari lost three election bids and still didn't give up.. today he his our president..there is so many lessons that comes with not loosing hope.. I pray the passionate ones among us make the final list.. we know our selves..amorawa tàbá rí ràwà...

Hold on, you are 1.60 and army needs 1.7, yet you are applying again..... This your faith Sha, I need one...... The faith that makes the impossible possible..... Kudos man.

Now I know the reason why you can jog a long distance....... You are closer to the ground than me grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Lukas47:

If you eventually get shortlisted, make friends with people from other state then when it's time to measure height get one of them who is tall enough to stand in for you. This days I see people who's height is not up to 1.68m in all the arm of the Armed Forces including paramilitary and I wonder how.
just do as I said and thank me later.

Sense no go kill you there.......e be like say na wetin I go do for my weight check....

Guy, na G boy you be shey

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by durella32: 12:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lukas47:

If you eventually get shortlisted, make friends with people from other state then when it's time to measure height get one of them who is tall enough to stand in for you. This days I see people who's height is not up to 1.68m in all the arm of the Armed Forces including paramilitary and I wonder how.
is that possible? ..they measure height and weight at the same time
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by durella32: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lukas47:

Very possible, only pray that your village people don't enter any of your state candidate to spill the beans in the name of increasing his/her chances.
i deem it too risky for my reputation
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bakar1: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lukas47:

Very possible, only pray that your village people don't enter any of your state candidate to spill the beans in the name of increasing his/her chances.

Lol bro it's not possible my man, that's for SSC you enter the hall according to your state chest tag from first BP check to Height and they are so many personnels there, the only way you can. cheat there is if you know the person in-charge to give wrong readings.

NB you enter 2 states each first state doing BP the 2nd on the floor waiting for height and weight and on your chest tag they record as you do yours you seated on another column/place it's almost impossible to cheat there unless you've got someone who's from the medical team who's going to alter results for you else it's almost impossible.

Maybe you talking based on some other experience but there the medical is done packardly well, but there might be some glitches which can only occur with the medical team not the candidates.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Bakar1:

Lol bro it's not possible my man, that's for SSC you enter the hall according to your state chest tag from first BP check to Height and they are so many personnels there, the only way you can. cheat there is if you know the person in-charge to give wrong readings.

NB you enter 2 states each first state doing BP the 2nd on the floor waiting for height and weight and on your chest tag they record as you do yours you seated on another column/place it's almost impossible to cheat there unless you've got someone who's from the medical team who's going to alter results for you else it's almost impossible.

Maybe you talking based on some other experience but there the medical is done packardly well, but there might be some glitches which can only occur with the medical team not the candidates.
100% possible just figure it out yourself

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2019
durella32:
is that possible? ..they measure height and weight at the same time
Baba no waste dat slot wey u get if d height no reach 1.68 no boda going help me wit d slot abeg am 1.85 since u seem sure of been short listed
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by eclipsehemmy(m): 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
enesi009:
Baba no waste dat slot wey u get if d height no reach 1.68 no boda going help me wit d slot abeg am 1.85 since u seem sure of been short listed
no worry... My nigga wud b shortlisted and subsequently enlisted.... We gat dix slot covered..... Na God grace remain to cap am....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
eclipsehemmy:
no worry... My nigga wud b shortlisted and subsequently enlisted.... We gat dix slot covered..... Na God grace remain to cap am....
I pray to God only for help as I no get connection na ... Sometimes God send pple to help u... May b durella is that person since e said height na him b only problem dis time e connect sure die
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
enesi009:
I pray to God only for help as I no get connection na ... Sometimes God send pple to help u... May b durella is that person since e said height na him b only problem dis time e connect sure die
naxo una go dey talk and na them sabi plenty generals
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ojexin(m): 4:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
President Buhari To Attend Combined NDA Passing Out Parade For 630 Cadets October 5

The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) says a total of 630 officer cadets will take part in the combined passing out parade of the academy slated for October 5, 2019, at its Parade Ground in Afaka, Kaduna State.

It said President Muhammadu Buhari will be personally attending this year’s combined passing out parade of 66 Regular Course (Army) and 67 Regular Course (Navy and Airforce) and short service course 45 (Army).

The Commandant of NDA, Major General Adeniyi Oyebade said of the 630 officer cadets, 179 cadets of 66RC and 272 members of Short Service Course 45 would be commissioned into the Nigerian Army by President Buhari at the ceremony.

Speaking at a press briefing on Wednesday ahead of the event, Major Gen Oyebade told journalists that members of 67 Regular Course Navy and Airforce comprising of 89 naval cadets and 90 airforce cadets will participate in the graduation ceremony.

He added that members of 67 Regular Course Navy and Airforce will thereafter proceed to their respective services for further training before commissioned into the military.

Maj Gen Oyebade, represented by Air Vice Marshal Ismaila Sadiq Kaita at the briefing, said the event is slated for Saturday October 5, 2019 at 8.00am prompted.

According to him, extra security measure would be put in place around the NDA Parade Ground in Afaka and its neigbouring communities during the event to ensure safety of lives and property.

The commandant said, “As you may recall, last year the President, Commander–in–Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, was represented at the Passing Out Parade ceremonies for 65RC (Army) and 66 Regular Course (Navy/Air Force) by the Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo GCON.

“I am glad to announce that the Commander-in Chief President Muhammadu Buhari will be physically present to grace this year’s events. Anytime we have Passing out parade events, extra security measures are usually employed around the Academy and neighboring communities. We therefore elicit your cooperation to ensure a hitch free event.”

The Commandant added that as part of activities heralding the ceremony, the Academy Medical team would be conducting free medical outreach for residents of Dankande Community located on Kaduna-Zaria way on Thursday 19, September.

“This event will see the Academy providing free medical services and drugs to members of the Dankande Community. A Golf Kitty will hold on Saturday 21 September 2019 at the recently upgraded and remodeled NDA Golf Course at 7.00 am.

“Thereafter, on Tuesday, 24 September, the Academy will hold a Prize Giving and Beating of the Retreat Ceremony at the NDA Parade Ground, Afaka by 3.00 pm. This event typifies the official close of training activities for the year and provide a platform to reward cadets who have distinguished themselves throughout the training year.

“On 27 September, there would be Friday prayers in honour of the Passing Out Parade ceremony by the Muslim Ummah at the NDA Central Mosque, Afaka by 2.00pm. While on Sunday, 29 September, Christian Faithful will converge at The Saviour’s Chapel Afaka for a Christian Interdenominational Church Service.

“These are the maiden prayer sessions to be held at the newly constructed NDA worship centres in Afaka. Hence, we urge members of the public to also commit the cadets in their prayers during various prayers and services across the country”, he added.

Other activities he said will be heralding the event include, a convocation Lecture for 67 Regular Course cadets and Post Graduate students on Wednesday, 2 October 2019 at Professor Mahmud Yakubu Hall at Afaka Campus.

Maj Gen Oyebade said the convocation lecture will be delivered by the Executive Secretary of Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND, Professor Elias Suleiman Bogoro.

While, urging members of the public to pray for the cadets and success of the ceremony, he said only invited guests with valid invitation cards will be allowed into the parade ground to witness the ceremony.

#Abdul
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
On the height issue it's just about using sense and backing it up with prayers, that is if you don't have a godfather because I know an officer in the Air force base Emene, that is almost a dwarf (as in the guy short die) also some years ago a young chap from Zaria was disqualified because of his age, he reported to the emir of Zazzau and the man called the then commandant and told him that he the emir has added height for the candidate, the commandant had no option than to accept him today he is an officer.
In otherwords, he should shoot his shot his got nothing to loose as his height is no fault of his. But my advice is on getting to the person incharge implore the cannons of logic, what do I mean by that? Use Argumentum ad populum( Appeal to his emotions) the person is a Human being he might consider you. It happened in course 45 a candidate found favour in one of the medical guys despite being shortsighted. You never can tell what happens when you try; not all closed doors are locked, PUSH

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by elisbabs499(m): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2019
ugo4u:
On the height issue it's just about using sense and backing it up with prayers, that is if you don't have a godfather because I know an officer in the Air force base Emene, that is almost a dwarf (as in the guy short die) also some years ago a young chap from Zaria was disqualified because of his age, he reported to the emir of Zazzau and the man called the then commandant and told him that he the emir has added height for the candidate, the commandant had no option than to accept him today he is an officer.
In otherwords, he should shoot his shot his got nothing to loose as his height is no fault of his. But my advice is on getting to the person incharge implore the cannons of logic, what do I mean by that? Use Argumentum ad populum( Appeal to his emotions) the person is a Human being he might consider you. It happened in course 45 a candidate found favour in one of the medical guys despite being shortsighted. You never can tell what happens when you try; not all closed doors are locked, PUSH

"You never can tell what happens when you try; not all closed doors are locked, PUSH"
Respect

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by slyd90(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
Lukas47:

Baba your head correct it is 100% possible I was in course 45 screening too..I was dropped for HBP which I'm currently working on now buh if go no go na to use this method sharply
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
ugo4u:
Those of us here who are heavy gym-mers, if you make the shortlist please be careful on how you "chop irons" because overdoing it may lead to muscle damage and myoglobin can enter your bloodstream and find its way into your urine, and once anything related to blood is found in your urine be it from menses that's automatic disqualification army don't even have the time to dig further.
Same with people with short sightedness etc come prepared i.e buy contact lenses, it will come handy when you begin to read that chart(snails chart i don 4get the name them dey call am).
Felt like dropping it now, ahead of time cos I might not remember to drop the info when the time comes.

Oga, shift go one side. Myoglobin release to the blood stream occurs during severe muscular damage which can never be due to just "chopping" iron. Although resistance training can cause minute damage to the muscle cells( myocytes) but good food and proper rest will see to the rejuvenation and increase in size of the myocytes.

No cause for alarm.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by durella32: 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
eclipsehemmy:
bro u know dis is our dream..tanks for always encouraging me for the past 4yrs bro.. atleast through you I was able to figure out the profession I love..even if I don't make it into the army.. I will forever be grateful..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KennethNnolim(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

Oga, shift go one side. Myoglobin release to the blood stream occurs during severe muscular damage which can never be due to just "chopping" iron. Although resistance training can cause minute damage to the muscle cells( myocytes) but good food and proper rest will see to the rejuvenation and increase in size of the myocytes.

No cause for alarm.

Why the "shift go one side"? Your position isn't far from his. He never said gym goers should stop training, rather they should be careful to avoid the possibility of the muscle damage you mentioned.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
KennethNnolim:

Why the "shift go one side"? Your position isn't far from his. He never said gym goers should stop training, rather they should be careful to avoid the possibility of the muscle damage you mentioned.

You know some people just read to reply, they don't read to understand before replying.

I was just reading his response to ugo4u and my phalanges lost its strength to type, cos I was clueless as to how to respond to such.

Make I go sleep, before the guy would say I SHOULD SHIFT TO THE OTHER SIDE grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 9:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
KennethNnolim:

My position is very different from his. Do you even know that endurance training( marathon and the likes) can cause real wear and tear to the muscle fibres(myofibrils)?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2019
PRISTINEMUSCLES:

No cause for alarm.
Good luck to you, while at it you can add tramadol or weed to make your routine workout stress free.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sampet555: 11:15pm On Sep 19, 2019
KODACK
Ugo4u
Shobroy10
Boyka

Sorry guys I've been offline.
Great great contributions on the Bp issue... I trust many like myself have gained.

There is one other medical stuff I'll like you guys to render help..
BMI... Not the regular I want to loose weight this, I want to drop kg that.

How can one add weight/kg..? You'll be surprised many people want to add weight.

I've someone who really needs this help. His weight is not complimenting his height.
Last SSC course 45 screening, he was about 1.90m tall with just 62kg.... He had low BMI.

The issue is he doesn't like eating. Like he doesn't fancy food. But for his military passion, he has picked interest in eating.
He's about 66kg now, but he needs more kg to get a good BMI.

So how can he add more kg....? Any help....?

God alone gives victory.. We'll be victorious.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 7:09am On Sep 20, 2019
ugo4u:

Good luck to you, while at it you can add tramadol or weed to make your routine workout stress free.

Now, that's weeked.......lolz
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 7:27am On Sep 20, 2019
sampet555:
KODACK
Ugo4u
Shobroy10
Boyka

Sorry guys I've been offline.
Great great contributions on the Bp issue... I trust many like myself have gained.

There is one other medical stuff I'll like you guys to render help..
BMI... Not the regular I want to loose weight this, I want to drop kg that.

How can one add weight/kg..? You'll be surprised many people want to add weight.

I've someone who really needs this help. His weight is not complimenting his height.
Last SSC course 45 screening, he was about 1.90m tall with just 62kg.... He had low BMI.

The issue is he doesn't like eating. Like he doesn't fancy food. But for his military passion, he has picked interest in eating.
He's about 66kg now, but he needs more kg to get a good BMI.

So how can he add more kg....? Any help....?

God alone gives victory.. We'll be victorious.

Uncle, it's simple.

Eat junks always, pizza,burger e.t.c.

Eat late at night, 9pm, 10pm

Eat heavy food late

Eat 4 square meal

Sleep late, wake up late.....watch lots of movies at night

Coke, fanta and it's likes should be your regular customer

Avoid fruits

Avoid stress

A distance of 50meters should not be covered by trekking,use bike or call a cab

No form of exercise should be done

Think less, worry less...... activate I don't care attitude

Don't trouble your brain at all, even sign board don't read

Take lots of vitamins, multivitamins and diary products

Eats less egg , chicken n fish..... Eat more pork,red meat and fats

Ice cream, regularly, 3 times daily

Take less water...once a day

Get a wheel chair in your house....don't walk at all

Take chocolate,sugary biscuits, sharwama,

Eat atleast 5 times a day....and make sure your mouth is always busy

Take lots of sweet, avoid chew gum cos it's a mode of exercise

Avoid papm oil, go for g.nut oil

Eat bread with mayonese**....don't use butter

Am sure after two weeks, you will be asking us how to shed weight again.....lol

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 7:27am On Sep 20, 2019
DSSC REGISTRATION

5 DAYS TO GO

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 8:23am On Sep 20, 2019
KODACK:

Uncle, it's simple.

Eat heavy food late

Eat 4 square meal

Avoid fruits

Avoid stress

obesity ALERT!!!!
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2019
KODACK:

Uncle, it's simple.

Eat heavy food late

Eat 4 square meal

Avoid fruits

Avoid stress

See enjoyment.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by enesi009: 9:51am On Sep 20, 2019
KODACK:
DSSC REGISTRATION

5 DAYS TO GO
8 days
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 10:21am On Sep 20, 2019
Dammysmart:
obesity ALERT!!!!

Na wetin the guy want na

Lol
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 10:21am On Sep 20, 2019
ugo4u:

See enjoyment.

Hehehehehehe
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KODACK: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2019
enesi009:
8 days

Go n check DSSC portal.
Abi didn't you see I typed DSSC, all this igbira kogi people sha

Why do you always base your argument on clueless facts??

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.