Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1362626 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (966) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:29am On Oct 08, 2020
MrSuama:

Yap, they do.
its not the same training.. theirs is terribly watered down

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:29am On Oct 08, 2020
Mugiwaraluffy:
Any SSC candidate that finally make it up to training, when resuming, try carry pain killers dey go grin grin
But no abuse m o
dem go seize am for gate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Mugiwaraluffy: 12:34am On Oct 08, 2020
sikowitz17:
dem go seize am for gate
Omo e be things

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 08, 2020
The seniority no reach there side?
sikowitz17:
i beat one for screening.. the idiot think say he be one thing

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by autamahmud(m): 5:44am On Oct 08, 2020
ugo4u:
This is gonna be quite a lengthy post.

@Emarc16 Thank you for sharing your views it's within your rights moreover alternative views is the soul of democracy and a rational society.
Life is a mystery, there is no one size fit all formula to success or a fruitful/profitable life. One of the things that make we human "gods" is the power of Choice. We have the power to do whatever we want or set our mind to achieve, and whichever path we choose has its own end result. As everyone will bare the responsibility and consequences of his/her actions.
I am a firm believer that one's destiny lies in his/her own hands, and we have the power to change things e.g The biblical character Jabez was concieved in pain but delivered in victory; he took charge of his destiny and altered it for good, same for Hezekiah, Mordecai, People of Nineveh etc in contemporary times there are many people who took charge of their life after weighing the risk involved and went ahead and change the course of history; Ben Carson, Thomas Edison, Sir Isaac Newton, Marie Curie etc. in some instances some of them lost their lives doing what they were passionate about, they left a mark before leaving this world.
For some of us what attracts us to the military isn't money, fame or power. It's just the unquenchable passion to serve, in my own case I've always have the dream of serving in the military and some day become a military instructor teaching military tactics/strategy.
What I hate in this world is not trying at all or exploring all possible avenues to achieve my goal, it's better for one to put in all efforts and best in any given venture and fail rather than not trying at all. I am very much aware that in this army job I may be maimed or at worst lose my life, this is one fact have come to terms with as this may be the price I have to pay for making that choice, it could also be the opposite atleast everyone wishes for the best. The most important thing is making impact in whatever venture one sets sail, for we all must die, dying is not the problem as no one will get out of this life alive, how and what you died for is what makes one a man. The problem many people face is not knowing their purpose in life or having a grasp of why they are going into a certain profession w/o weighing the risk if it's within their threshold and this is a recipe for disaster especially those that join the military for one reason or the other without putting into consideration the cons or consequences of their choice.
Last month I had an unusual encounter with an elderly lady in a very lonely road in one of the least habited areas in Kaduna she offered me a lift and in the course of our interaction she revealed to me that she is a soldier(MWO). I told her about my odyssey, she told me that as long as I have passion and weighed the pros/cons of the job and decides to go ahead then I should keep on trying, she got the job after her 7th attempt many people that joined the army before her have already been retired for one reason or the other. This same woman have gone for many peace keeping missions and have trained alot of soldiers at depot she even showed me the awards and special recognition given to her by the COAS, in her words she said never give up, keep trying good things comes to those who are consistent and focused.
More than anything else she fired my spirit up as for me it's its either I get in as long as their is an opportunity or age catches-up with me but voluntarily backing down is never and will never be an option it's totally out of it, absolutely out of it, I am that resolute not even the threat of death will make me change my mind. Even if I am presented with an opportunity to work in the choicest of organisation/multinational coys in the world and also offered a chance to join the military, I will pick the military without batting an eyelid even if it means I'll sleep in trenches throughout my career it will be more satisfying than living in regret in an air-conditioned office.
Thomas Edison conducted 1000 failed experiment the 1001st became the light bulb if he had given up prolly we would still be using candles or another scientists would have made the breakthrough.
There is a saying that goes thus; if you hang around the barber's shop long enough sooner or later you gonna get a haircut. I totally disagree with the school of thought that always attributes failure to the metaphysical or pointer to a bad omen, someone here was even talking about joining the Navy/Airforce to avoid death, I think this is a wrong mindset anyone can die anywhere. Today Fg Offr Arotile was laid to rest in Abuja she was an Airforce officer and death came calling in an unusual manner, some of her Coursemates in the army serving in the northeast are still alive and some will even retire successfully after serving out their years in the service. For the Fg Ofr she lived a short but impactful and fulfilled life; some people die at 25 and aren't buried untill 75(Idiom).
Do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't run foul to the law, death isn't the opposite of life it is a part of it.
I am strengthened by what I feel, because taking risk is not about going for a job, it also all about knowing what you know and what you don't know, it's about being open to people, the chances you take the faith that you have that's what's going to define you.
You have your own reason for quitting which is also ok, others like me also have a reason for pressing on. In the end it's favour and God blessings we pray for to reach the apogee of our chosen path, impact lives positively & at the end look back and be happy for the choices we made.

I wanted to be like a ghost in your profile, not liking or replying any of your post.
So I took out time to read through your profile at night and find out why people do call you the civilian general and maybe tap some wisdom from it. But could not hold it so I had to comment
All I can say is that it was worth reading. Permit me to join the league of those who call you the civilian general cus Indeed you have earned it. Plus my respect too. I wish to meet one day.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Lydiason(m): 6:24am On Oct 08, 2020
Good day officers and candidates in the house. I've been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend everyone that has contributed in one way or the other to the enlightenment of naive candidates like myself, I want to say kudos to you guys. I need your advice guys. I've been living with hepatitis B which my case is actually hereditary as I was born with it and I'm asymptomatic as well. Prior to my tertiary education I've applied for Nigerian army as a non commissioned officer and I made it to the screening twice after the exam but I was later dropped, mind you even though I had hepatitis I don't know how but I made it past medical at both periods that I applied as I was actually dropped for something else. Now I applied for SSC and I'm very optimistic I'll make it to screening but going by the information on this thread it seems it will be a waste of time for me going for the screening. I'm really confused guys do you think I should give it a try or I should not even bother.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by shamack: 7:09am On Oct 08, 2020
Lydiason:
Good day officers and candidates in the house. I've been a silent follower of this thread and I must commend everyone that has contributed in one way or the other to the enlightenment of naive candidates like myself, I want to say kudos to you guys. I need your advice guys. I've been living with hepatitis B which my case is actually hereditary as I was born with it and I'm asymptomatic as well. Prior to my tertiary education I've applied for Nigerian army as a non commissioned officer and I made it to the screening twice after the exam but I was later dropped, mind you even though I had hepatitis I don't know how but I made it past medical at both periods that I applied as I was actually dropped for something else. Now I applied for SSC and I'm very optimistic I'll make it to screening but going by the information on this thread it seems it will be a waste of time for me going for the screening. I'm really confused guys do you think I should give it a try or I should not even bother.

Bro for commissioned officer, them go see ur hepatitis

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 08, 2020
shamack:

Bro for commissioned officer, them go see ur hepatitis

Make dey guy try him luck, dey fit waive I'm.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2020
Lydiason:

First I'm not a medical practitioner, but "asymptomatic hepatitis", seems to be dangerous (it's slowly eating u up), n usually manifests it's fury after some time. I don't mean to scare u, Sir, pls forgive me. Try n visit the hospital n talk to a Doctor. We have vaccines dat can cure it.

Nevertheless, don't give up on ur dreams, continue with u application, jst as d didn't flag u for having it in RRI, d same thing can happen for SSC.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 7:36am On Oct 08, 2020
Bro i doubt hepatitis has a cure, it can only be managed (i might be wrong tho). There are some things the military usually ignore but when it comes to eye problem, hepatitis, pile, high bp mehn it takes the grace of God o especially if you applied for SSC which we all know its full combatant. Never the less, the person can try his/her luck
AirmanB:

First I'm not a medical practitioner, but "asymptomatic hepatitis", seems to be dangerous (it's slowly eating u up), n usually manifests it's fury after some time. I don't mean to scare u, Sir, pls forgive me. Try n visit the hospital n talk to a Doctor. We have vaccines dat can cure it.

Nevertheless, don't give up on ur dreams, continue with u application, jst as d didn't flag u for having it in RRI, d same thing can happen for SSC.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2020
Lydiason:
Since you applied, it makes no sense not to go to the screening if you're shortlisted if not for anything else think of your village, because you're their representative. Many people are yearning for that spot, it will be ungodly for you to go and waste it.
What I keep telling people is that taking chances should never be toyed with cos you might never have that opportunity again,
Take chances, Dare to fail. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. It's better you go and they flag you down than not trying at all. That's by the way since you're asymptotic chances are high that they won't see it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:47am On Oct 08, 2020
autamahmud:

I wanted to be like a ghost in your profile, not liking or replying any of your post.
So I took out time to read through your profile at night and find out why people do call you the civilian general and maybe tap some wisdom from it. But could not hold it so I had to comment
All I can say is that it was worth reading. Permit me to join the league of those who call you the civilian general cus Indeed you have earned it. Plus my respect too. I wish to meet one day.
Nothing special about me as to warrant "meeting me". We just dey try help ourselves for here.
Thanks for the compliment though.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2020
AirmanB:

Make dey guy try him luck, dey fit waive I'm.
waive Wetin? Ah! If they discover it then that’s the end... but what if they don’t!! Since he’s asymptotic, he should try..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 08, 2020
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Postanalyser: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2020
So this morning I once again checked my BP and it read 91/38. The machine said it's optimal according to WHO's standard, however my doctor said I have to work on it to improve it to at least 120/90. Any advice on how I can go about this?
Note: heart beat is 87/ minute.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 8:25am On Oct 08, 2020
sikowitz17:
waive Wetin? Ah! If they discover it then that’s the end... but what if they don’t!! Since he’s asymptotic, he should try..

Asymptomatic means not showing symptoms. You may not be showing symptoms but your test results will be positive.

It's only when it's undetectable that he can be lucky to scale through.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 8:32am On Oct 08, 2020
Postanalyser:
So this morning I once again checked my BP and it read 91/38. The machine said it's optimal according to WHO's standard, how my doctor said I have to work on it to improve it to at least 120/90. Any advice on how I can go about this?
Note: It was 115/75 last week.
how far bro, any news?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:35am On Oct 08, 2020
Postanalyser:
So this morning I once again checked my BP and it read 91/38. The machine said it's optimal according to WHO's standard, how my doctor said I have to work on it to improve it to at least 120/90. Any advice on how I can go about this?
AH!!! 91/38 is loooooow... ask the doctor how to get it up while also not over stressing yourself.. if your no was 115/75 last week and it’s 91/38 this week then it’s very unstable.. or are you strong?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2020
spetsnaz:
bro wetin Dey suppppp... give us this gist.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2020
Postanalyser:
That day (Medical screening) the tension in the air will normalise everything, no need to take supplement, just avoid taking garlic in whatever form for the time being. Moreover that their machine dey get kois-kois once in a while, them Sabi add jara for person BP.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Lydiason(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2020
AirmanB:

I talked to a doctor recently and according to him it doesn't have a cure but can only be managed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:45am On Oct 08, 2020
I also eat this ginger product for good health and a normal bp...I don’t have an abnormal bp but I need it stable before dem add join for screening

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Postanalyser: 8:54am On Oct 08, 2020
ugo4u:

That day (Medical screening) the tension in the air will normalise everything, no need to take supplement, just avoid taking garlic in whatever form for the time being. Moreover that their machine dey get kois-kois once in a while, them Sabi add jara for person BP.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Lydiason(m): 8:55am On Oct 08, 2020
Bifrost:

Asymptomatic means not showing symptoms. You may not be showing symptoms but your test results will be positive.

It's only when it's undetectable that he can be lucky to scale through.

you are right bro. I still went for the test just last week and it came back positive. Maybe this job is just not for me afterall, I'll have to let it go regardless of how much passion I have for it. Thanks for your responses wish you all success cos I can feel the passion y'all have for the job from your conversations and no doubt the army needs brave men like you, I pray the Lord grants you your heart desires.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 8:57am On Oct 08, 2020
sikowitz17:
I also eat this ginger product for good health and a normal bp...I don’t have an abnormal bp but I need it stable before dem add join for screening
All this one na packaging when them use run you street.
Enter market meet Hausa traders them go load fresh ginger for you for a fraction of that price if you wan use am you just wash your thing enjoy.
Me too I incorporate ginger and garlic in virtually all my meal, I have both the fresh and powdered ginger am a heavy tea drinker and ginger is one of the key ingredients. For more than 3yrs my BP have always being normal even when I'm down.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2020
ugo4u:

All this one na packaging when them use run you street.
Enter market meet Hausa traders them go load fresh ginger for you for a fraction of that price if you wan use am you just wash your thing enjoy.
Me too I incorporate ginger and garlic in virtually all my meal, I have both the fresh and powdered ginger am a heavy tea drinker and ginger is one of the key ingredients. For more than 3yrs my BP have always being normal even when I'm down.
maaaaad! Baba say na packaging lmao! I will go to sabo later today and get.. thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Parisleo: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2020
Postanalyser:
So this morning I once again checked my BP and it read 91/38. The machine said it's optimal according to WHO's standard, however my doctor said I have to work on it to improve it to at least 120/90. Any advice on how I can go about this?
Note: heart beat is 87/ minute.
That's not normal bro....a low BP is more deadly than a high BP..with that value , u are prone to collapsing during the long race
To improve the BP, u can be taking this orasalt with water, and also Sprite
Plz go for general check up..the diastolic value is fucking low...38... When u are not 6 months old

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:18am On Oct 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ps9P-WABlA

Some clips from the chief of army staff conference... they’ve implemented new allowances and gotten more equipments

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Parisleo: 9:23am On Oct 08, 2020
Lydiason:
you are right bro. I still went for the test just last week and it came back positive. Maybe this job is just not for me afterall, I'll have to let it go regardless of how much passion I have for it. Thanks for your responses wish you all success cos I can feel the passion y'all have for the job from your conversations and no doubt the army needs brave men like you, I pray the Lord grants you your heart desires.
U are not alone bro...many people are positive but asymptomatic.. guys pls walk to the nearest lab and carry out those test before the screening comes up
The bro that is asymptomatic, pls watch the kind of lifestyle, the food u eat etc..keep ur liver healthy always

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 9:29am On Oct 08, 2020
The best thing, let it be grinded with any stew or soup u intend to make thats all
sikowitz17:
maaaaad! Baba say na packaging lmao! I will go to sabo later today and get.. thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Chinex57: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
sikowitz17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ps9P-WABlA

Some clips from the chief of army staff conference... they’ve implemented new allowances and gotten more equipments

senior man wetin e come mean na. salary go add abi wetin?? shey dem no agree make dem carry dah sarham comot for dat NDA for d conference��

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Chinex57:

senior man wetin e come mean na. salary go add abi wetin?? shey dem no agree make dem carry dah sarham comot for dat NDA for d conference��
grin grin grin Yeye sumbody

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (966) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.