Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (787) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1375524 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:
Them fit even ask chairman senate and house of representatives committee on army?
They asked the first batch last year and changed all the questions of the second batch..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 6:18pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:
Shared this some years back, maybe it will help us out this year.

Summary of (interview exams) past questions from a colleague who was here in 2014 but now a Lt.
QUESTIONS
1. why do you want to join the Nigerian army 40mks
2.Comprehension 20mks
3. Mathematics 10mks
4. General paper 30mks
5. Full meaning of the following
A. ISIS
B. NERC
C. ECOWAS
D. ECOMOG
E. NUPENG
F. NATO
6.President of African countries
7. Nigerian history
8. Countries sharing border with Nigeria and their capitals
9. Symptoms of Ebola (SARS)
10. Origin of ebola (SARS)
11. Sports current affairs
12. State governors
13. Motto of the 36 states
14. World current affairs.
This all he told me in 2014.
All d best Lts.
Number 1,5 and 8 were asked at last year SB

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:
Them fit even ask chairman senate and house of representatives committee on army?
Was among the questions last year too

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Number 1,5 and 8 was ask at last year SB
Really?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 6:56pm On Oct 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
They asked the first batch last year and changed all the questions of the second batch..
Just imagine. I went for National Veterinary Research Institute Exams some years back only for them to ask senate and house committee chairmen on agriculture, I weak.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2020
Ramirezsarki:

Was among the questions last year too
Abeg who be the committee chairmen now?
Data on NASS website is not updated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:
Abeg who be the committee chairmen now? Data on NASS website is not updated.
Sen Ali Ndume

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
Senate committee chairman is still the same as last year.. Ugo already answered with deputy ABBA Moro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2020
House committee chairman on army is

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
ugo4u:

Sen Ali Ndume
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
Senate committee chairman is still the same as last year.. Ugo already answered with deputy ABBA Moro
Thanks

1 Like

sikowitz17:
House committee chairman on army is
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
I still believe the exam would be simple sha.. But at this point, the most important thing I THINK the army wants to use the exam for is eliminate ghost applicants.. so that they’d know who and who still has interest.. which means they might shortlist the normal number of 30 applicants for SSC.. as opposed to the 60 of last year..
This is what I think...it’s my own personal opinion..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
I still believe the exam would be simple sha.. But at this point, the most important thing I THINK the army wants to use the exam for is eliminate ghost applicants.. so that they’d know who and who still has interest.. which means they might shortlist the normal number of 30 applicants for SSC.. as opposed to the 60 of last year..
This is what I think...it’s my own personal opinion..

My spirit is telling me otherwise wallahi. I mastered cbt exams some years back during my undergraduate studies but my last attempt in Abuja during the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology recruitment exam was a disaster. The questions were simple but I had no idea.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
It's most likely gonna be in batches, so invitation are more likely to come with time for each batch. Our data don deh l all cbt centres data base.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ABSTRUSE: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2020
My people, is the list out?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2020
ABSTRUSE:
My people, is the list out?
No sir. Keep praying and preparing for the exams though.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Biddy123: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:

I'm sure people who talk much about SSC Exams have little or no information about what happens during screening.
Look at the bigger picture

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ABSTRUSE: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:

Thank you for the swift response. What about the list for DSSC NAVY? What about application for DSSC Nigeria Air-Force?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:

My spirit is telling me otherwise wallahi. I mastered cbt exams some years back during my undergraduate studies but my last attempt in Abuja during the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology recruitment exam was a disaster. The questions were simple but I had no idea.
The good thing about this is there’s literally no material to prepare with, we don’t even know the type of questions that’ll be set.. don’t know what areas to focus on.. we can only hope.. besides my only goal is to score above average, I’m not trying to pass it in flying colors..if it was jamb that set that question then they’d want to impress.. set somewhat difficult questions.. as long as it’s CBT and it’s objective, whatever will happen will happen..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
Biddy123:

I'm sure people who talk much about SSC Exams have little or no information about what happens during screening.
Look at the bigger picture
Explain

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Biddy123: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
Explain
Some of us have been there before now so exams/aptitude tests are peripheral.
As at the last course. I think 46, nobody was dropped as a result of failed exam. There are other sufficient conditions that needs to be met.
I'm sure people who are so concerned about exams are waiting to be shortlisted for the 1st time

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Biddy123:

As at the last course. I think 46, nobody was dropped as a result of failed exam. There are other sufficient conditions that needs to be met.
I'm sure people who are so concerned about exams are waiting to be shortlisted for the 1st time
I understand your point man as I was there for 45/46.. nobody had ever been dropped for exams and people failed it a lot but this one now is a new development.. what we think now is this particular exam will have an impact on your getting shortlisted or not.. being that this is the first time an exam will hold before screening itself.. it’s just best to not be totally comfortable and reliant on the powers that be..doe I know the conversations I’ve had with my people but it’s just best to pass the exams to avoid stories that touch.. you get

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
ABSTRUSE:

Thank you for the swift response. What about the list for DSSC NAVY? What about application for DSSC Nigeria Air-Force?
I have no idea sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
Since it's jamb that will be conducting the exams I think the test will be well structured and standardised. Jamb was the body that conducted NCS's test, anybody that sat for that exams will agree that it was a solid test even tougher than that of NNPC. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just stating facts so that those that will be lucky to take the test will be armed to weather whatever they'll be throwing at us that day. I suspect Jamb may follow the NCS format or at worst may even step the exams a bit higher for army.
The subjects for NCS test were;

English Language
Mathematics
Current Affairs
Diagrammatic/Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Reasoning
ICT

There were 100 solid questions to be tackled in an hour (1 hour) without calculator or any electronic device not even your mobile phone.

Inference
1) Never waste time on any question as you have less than 40secs to tackle each question.
2) Once you log in Maths/Quantitative Reasoning will be the first questions to confront, my advice is to go straight and tackle the ones you can at first glance or if possible skip the maths/logical reasoning questions because trust me those guys know what they are doing as they'll use those to slow you down. Move on to simpler subjects like current affairs and blaze through it with lightning speed in other to gather enough time to channel to the tougher subjects like maths and logical reasoning.
3) Even the English that usually is bonus wasn't funny at all because most of the questions were GMAT style and answers requires the inductive and deductive reasoning of the individual tackling them. Though there were questions on Spellings and Synonyms but believe you me no be normal nearest in meaning these guys set.

Lastly, never leave any question unanswered once you're down to the last minute of your alloted time just do tininitanana and fill up everything you might be lucky to score hits in one or two.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2020
ugo4u:
Since it's jamb that will be conducting the exams I think the test will be well structured and standardised. Jamb was the body that conducted NCS's test, anybody that sat for that exams will agree that it was a solid test even tougher than that of NNPC. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just stating facts so that those that will be lucky to take the test will be armed to weather whatever they'll be throwing at us that day. I suspect Jamb may follow the NCS format or at worst may even step the exams a bit higher for army.

English Language
Mathematics
Current Affairs
Quantitative Reasoning
ICT

There were 100 solid questions to be tackled in an hour (1 hour) without calculator or any electronic device not even your mobile phone.

Inference
1) Never waste time on any question as you have less than 40secs to tackle each question.
2) Once you log in Maths/Quantitative Reasoning will be the first questions to confront, my advice is to go straight and tackle the ones you can at first glance or if possible skip the maths/logical reasoning questions because trust me those guys know what they are doing as they'll use those to slow you down. Move on to simpler subjects like current affairs and blaze through it with lightning speed in other to gather enough time to channel to the tougher subjects like maths and logical reasoning.
3) Even the English that usually is bonus wasn't funny at all because most of the questions were GMAT style and answers requires the inductive and deductive reasoning of the individual tackling them. Though there were questions on Spellings and Synonyms but believe you me no be normal nearest in meaning these guys set.

Lastly, never leave any question unanswered once you're down to the last minute of your alloted time just do tininitanana and fill up everything you might be lucky to score hits in one or two.

Lol if it’s like this, honestly plenty people will fail it...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 7:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
Biddy123:

Truth be told, I have never attended SSC DSSC screening before, the luckiest I ever got was attending NDA interview. Notwithstanding, I prefer passing the exams and getting favoured for at least passing.
NB: Am not doubting your connections ooo, I know you know what you are saying. All the best.
Ideally " He who fails to plan, has planned to fail"
But in Nigeria of today " Some who fail to plan, have planned for training already"
E no balance but Naso e be.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2020
People will fail woefully and make shortlist grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2020
ugo4u:

English Language
Mathematics
Current Affairs
Quantitative Reasoning
ICT

Inference

This is the kind of materials we need right now on this thread. Thanks ugo4u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
People will fail woefully and make shortlist grin
That one must everly deh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Ramirezsarki(m): 8:06pm On Oct 30, 2020
MrSuama:
[/b]

Truth be told, I have never attended SSC DSSC screening before, the luckiest I ever got was attending NDA interview. Notwithstanding, I prefer passing the exams and getting favoured for at least passing.
NB: Am not doubting your connections ooo, I know you know what you are saying. All the best.
Ideally " He who fails to plan, has planned to fail"
But in Nigeria of today " Some who fail to plan, have planned for training already"
E no balance but Naso e be.
No be lie.... E be things for every set of recruitment, there are niggas who got in with their lackadaisical attitude, e be grace and destiny, that one no mean say man no go prepare

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
But me I’ve heard many many underground yarns shaaa....person wey go prepare for exam, make e read well...person wey get other alternatives, make dem hold am well..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (784) (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.