Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1368102 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (967) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by omaigala12(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2020
ugo4u:
Since it's jamb that will be conducting the exams I think the test will be well structured and standardised. Jamb was the body that conducted NCS's test, anybody that sat for that exams will agree that it was a solid test even tougher than that of NNPC. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just stating facts so that those that will be lucky to take the test will be armed to weather whatever they'll be throwing at us that day. I suspect Jamb may follow the NCS format or at worst may even step the exams a bit higher for army.
The subjects for NCS test were;

English Language
Mathematics
Current Affairs
Diagrammatic/Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Reasoning
ICT

There were 100 solid questions to be tackled in an hour (1 hour) without calculator or any electronic device not even your mobile phone.

Inference
1) Never waste time on any question as you have less than 40secs to tackle each question.
2) Once you log in Maths/Quantitative Reasoning will be the first questions to confront, my advice is to go straight and tackle the ones you can at first glance or if possible skip the maths/logical reasoning questions because trust me those guys know what they are doing as they'll use those to slow you down. Move on to simpler subjects like current affairs and blaze through it with lightning speed in other to gather enough time to channel to the tougher subjects like maths and logical reasoning.
3) Even the English that usually is bonus wasn't funny at all because most of the questions were GMAT style and answers requires the inductive and deductive reasoning of the individual tackling them. Though there were questions on Spellings and Synonyms but believe you me no be normal nearest in meaning these guys set.

Lastly, never leave any question unanswered once you're down to the last minute of your alloted time just do tininitanana and fill up everything you might be lucky to score hits in one or two.

Personally I prefer they follow the NCS format. I wrote the exam and I think it was Owk. ( the time was short tho) As you said, most of the questions were pure reasoning..
No bi to just d solve maths upandan
U just need to apply sense and think well
But this one person no even know wetin to read

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by esmarcq(m): 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
omaigala12:

Personally I prefer they follow the NCS format. I wrote the exam and I think it was Owk. ( the time was short tho) As you said, most of the questions were pure reasoning..
No bi to just d solve maths upandan
U just need to apply sense and think well
But this one person no even know wetin to read
as we are yet to find out the outcome for NCS, still don't want to believe the exams will count

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 10:26pm On Oct 30, 2020
esmarcq:
as we are yet to find out the outcome for NCS, still don't want to believe the exams will count
lol NCS oooo, Customs ooo, people that know what’s up, know what’s up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by esmarcq(m): 10:34pm On Oct 30, 2020
sikowitz17:
lol NCS oooo, Customs ooo, people that know what’s up, know what’s up
exactly, recruitment wey don last over two years

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 11:16pm On Oct 30, 2020
esmarcq:
exactly, recruitment wey don last over two years
lol people Dey talk say dem no hear anything about the recruitments again but one star plenty for airport lmao grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by KennethNnolim(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2020
sikowitz17:
lol people Dey talk say dem no hear anything about the recruitments again but one star plenty for airport lmao grin

E be many many things grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Chapkid(m): 10:59am On Oct 31, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Joshater(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2020
Temerity?? Lol... Tell me your mother has achieved compendium back to back to back and back again! grin

Chapkid:

Yes she is. After an incidence occurred when she slapped a candidate to stupor lol. She was locked up in the guard room. As a way to reclaim her temerity she wore full camo to mess

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 11:53am On Oct 31, 2020
We for dey hall dey battle with the exam now oh...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
Prospect048:
We for dey hall dey battle with the exam now oh...
Lol we wey go just do jamajama Dey select random answers go just Dey look now say we don fail am grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Prospect048: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2020
sikowitz17:
Lol we wey go just do jamajama Dey select random answers go just Dey look now say we don fail am grin
I dey tell u oh, may God help us

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Bifrost: 12:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
ugo4u:
Since it's jamb that will be conducting the exams I think the test will be well structured and standardised. Jamb was the body that conducted NCS's test, anybody that sat for that exams will agree that it was a solid test even tougher than that of NNPC. I'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just stating facts so that those that will be lucky to take the test will be armed to weather whatever they'll be throwing at us that day. I suspect Jamb may follow the NCS format or at worst may even step the exams a bit higher for army.
The subjects for NCS test were;

English Language
Mathematics
Current Affairs
Diagrammatic/Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Reasoning
ICT

There were 100 solid questions to be tackled in an hour (1 hour) without calculator or any electronic device not even your mobile phone.

Inference
1) Never waste time on any question as you have less than 40secs to tackle each question.
2) Once you log in Maths/Quantitative Reasoning will be the first questions to confront, my advice is to go straight and tackle the ones you can at first glance or if possible skip the maths/logical reasoning questions because trust me those guys know what they are doing as they'll use those to slow you down. Move on to simpler subjects like current affairs and blaze through it with lightning speed in other to gather enough time to channel to the tougher subjects like maths and logical reasoning.
3) Even the English that usually is bonus wasn't funny at all because most of the questions were GMAT style and answers requires the inductive and deductive reasoning of the individual tackling them. Though there were questions on Spellings and Synonyms but believe you me no be normal nearest in meaning these guys set.

Lastly, never leave any question unanswered once you're down to the last minute of your alloted time just do tininitanana and fill up everything you might be lucky to score hits in one or two.

If the Nigerian army follows this method of Pre-screening, follows it strictly and maintain it for 10 years. We would have a transformed DSSC/SSC commission. Not to mention, people will fail woefully and you'll attract the best minds.

Ironically, this may not be the case, because people that may fail will end up being commissionsed.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
This one wey all of una just dey talk about GMAT style and format like this... Anyhow Anyhow Sha, God no go shame us... Been a while here

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
The officers and men of previous enlistments are still great minds.. doing well, getting awards, passing promotional courses, etc.. the truth is anybody that’s not academically inclined would be cut down very quickly in the scale of things..if there was no mess up in the last course, they wouldn’t have ever thought about the need for exams.. doesn’t mean the other officers there aren’t great minds too.. wasn’t it a short service cadet that bagged most of all the awards?
Oh and another question.. how many super great minds and geniuses want to serve in the Nigerian army? Or would even pass out from basic training? As the saying goes, this is a mad mans job..

I’m just speaking generally oo, not addressing this to anybody..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by QuadrilAyinde(m): 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 4:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
what To talk about?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hismail1(m): 5:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
U.S Navy's elite SEAL Team rescued an abducted U.S citizen in the early hours of today.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 5:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
hismail1:
U.S Navy's elite SEAL Team rescued an abducted U.S citizen in the early hours of today.
From where?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hismail1(m): 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2020
Northern Nigeria, he was held hostage between the borders of Nigeria and Niger. Not sure if the operation was done in collaboration with the Nigerian Army.
sikowitz17:
From where?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2020
hismail1:
Northern Nigeria, he was held hostage between the borders of Nigeria and Niger. Not sure if the operation was done in collaboration with the Nigerian Army.
Cos I was confused.. the US security press report said he was captured in northern Nigeria.. but reading the story he was actually in Niger..I don’t know why they used the headline.. the report also states that they had some help from Forces from both Nigeria and Niger

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by hismail1(m): 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
The headline is actually correct. He was kidnapped in Niger Republic but they moved him to Nigeria, so he was rescued in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2020
sikowitz17:
Cos I was confused.. the US security press report said he was captured in northern Nigeria.. but reading the story he was actually in Niger..I don’t know why they used the headline.. the report also states that they had some help from Forces from both Nigeria and Niger

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by sikowitz17: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2020
ugo4u:
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by MrSuama(m): 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2020
The president is even aware of the operation. Why Americans no go die for their country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by qanda: 11:00pm On Oct 31, 2020
Trending materials on Q and A App - Oct 31

-The Nigerian Army DSSC exam study pack (FREE)

-The Nigerian Current Affairs (FREE)

-Deloitte Job test Past Past Questions and Answers

-Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) exam Past Questions

-TRCN exam Past Questions and Answers

-CIIN exam past questions and answers

-NOUN E-exams Past Questions and Answers

-Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) past exam questions and answers

-CIPM exam past questions and answers

-NNPC Job test Study Pack

-GMAT Study Material (FREE)

-NECO exam Past Questions and marking Scheme (FREE)

-NOUN Course Materials(FREE)

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

For enquiry, contact Q and A App Customer Service on WhatsApp 07052193183

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Anastessay(f): 12:27am On Nov 01, 2020
Please oh. Who's stays in warri Delta state here?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by jeremiah123: 5:38am On Nov 01, 2020
Please is the list out for aptitude test cos am curious

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2020
If na our military, they go just pay ransom jeje cheesy or make they exchange am with captured bokoharam leader grin. Or make they kuku kill everybody including hostage and even loose soldiers.

This people could easily pay ransom and take there citizen out but they understand the gravity of succumbing to terrorist. Our own government is here swapping captured terrorists with hostages and even paying ransom.

See the professionalism they used to plan this operation in a strange land but our security forces will be paying ransom to kidnappers when a General is abducted in there own terrain. Tueeeh!

Na only harmless civilians and people wey dey carry placard they sabi show bravery ontop.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2020
sikowitz17:

Lol. Dey had no help Boss, dey killed 6 of d kidnappers n 1 escaped (d were 7 according to report).

Meanwhile, d man was kidnapped in Niger republic, b4 he was smuggled into Nigeria (despite d fact dah our borders are closed). If na Nigerian Dem kidnap for Ghana (1 Nigerian), Dem for send troops to go rescue I'm?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ucheuzor1(m): 7:29am On Nov 01, 2020
Anastessay:
Please oh. Who's stays in warri Delta state here?

I mah. Any goodies shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ugo4u: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2020
Kaeboy:
If na our military, they go just pay ransom jeje cheesy or make they exchange am with captured bokoharam leader grin. Or make they kuku kill everybody including hostage and even loose soldiers.

This people could easily pay ransom and take there citizen out but they understand the gravity of succumbing to terrorist. Our own government is here swapping captured terrorists with hostages and even paying ransom.

See the professionalism they used to plan this operation in a strange land but our security forces will be paying ransom to kidnappers when a General is abducted in there own terrain. Tueeeh!

Na only harmless civilians and people wey dey carry placard they sabi show bravery ontop.
The US special forces (SEAL team 6) didn't act alone. The operation was in collaboration with our military, the US states department acknowledged this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (785) (786) (787) (788) (789) (790) (791) ... (967) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: Oluwaseundami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.