Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1375531 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) ... (968) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by JxtEj: 4:40am On Feb 24
kendo3910:
Omo e be like say you don make final list sir…

Hehe! smiley
My Brother! Man's just hopeful. I pray we both make the final list.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 7:44am On Feb 24
The truth is, wait to be shortlisted for the exam first then the screening before you can start looking for all this. It is well, May God grant us our heart desire.
JxtEj:

Ofcourse, my major concern is joining the force. However, it's best we start preparing our mind and body on what we are to encounter especially for those with zero/little knowledge on such experience.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by smohammed895: 8:23am On Feb 24
How many weeks of month will it take before the exam list is published
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Rightboy: 8:30am On Feb 24
Good morning my fellow prospective cadets.
Please, I need assistance, how can I print my acknowledgement slip, my registration was successful, but I can print my acknowledgement slip, referees form and others, please i need help.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Eminant: 11:23am On Feb 24
Stringz1:
Alright, so I won’t be able to give full details but I’d give a simplified version of what training looks like.
After we successfully completed screening, we were asked to resume 2 weeks later or thereabout. I had to quickly source for money to buy the basic things like salala and white vests and Garri plus sugar (very important).
My first day, I got to kaduna with an 8am flight. I got to the academy around 9am but I couldn’t go to the sport complex because I developed cold feet. The shouting and “maltreatment” of prep wingers to candidates made me very scared. I almost went back home but home was too far away. I didn’t think I could survive so I hung around with a friend at the Mami market. He encouraged me to leave when it was 6pm and I was still scared to go. After plenty encouragement, I asked myself what will my father say of me? What about the people I told that I was going to join the Army? I gained courage and joined up. That was the beginning of the longest day of my life. I had to carry my heavy bags on my head (rookie mistake) don’t ever carry heavy bags. Find a way to make your burden light. Carry only what you can hunch with cos if you carry overload, you will nearly di.e.
After all the shouting and running to get documented into platoons and company, I made a terrible mistake. The NCO asked what’s inside this carton, I said “should I open it for you to see”🤡🤡…like a proper clown, he called one of the meanest prep wingers to “carry this clown”… I forward rolled the entire length and breadth of the football field twice with kicking and shouting from the PW. That white got condemned immediately. I moved to another prep winger, she was pissed that I was a giant (it is an offence to be extremely tall or built on the bigger side)…she gave me 500 hunches, my legs almost gave up. Worthy of note, buy canvas with “chin gum sole and at least one size bigger than you”. You will be squatting on your toes a lot and this can cause your legs to get bigger and wider. After doing the hunches to get satisfaction, we were driven to the candidates village where the sorrow started properly.
We were all required to carry our bags on our heads and hunch for about 300meters or thereabout. Now I had two bags one on my head and another on my back. Gentlemen, I cried cos my legs were properly heavy and someone was hitting me with scorpion stick. (Just manage and maneauver but don’t get caught)…I had to say that I hadn’t broken my fast (Ramadan period) so I was allowed to drink water but I finished up the extreme sport that night. We were allocated bed spaces with names and buckets and beddings. I finally saw my bed…lmao… they wheeled us out again to suffer for coming late cos we think they’d have lost strength…I did 3man carrying while going up and down on a leg that was already on fire. Gentlemen, that night was hell.

We were allowed to go to bed around 0100hrs only to be woken up by 0300hrs for Jikapa. (This soon became our daily routine). Every day till the last day of prep wing.

We started going for drill lessons, weapons handling, general service knowledge etc. you’d think the mental classes will cause ease in the physical drilling, na lie, instead it got more intense. There were nights we completed 700 push ups and 1000 sit ups just because 🤧

Then came “Night of power” these involved people who were culprits all through the day time for one offence or the other and people who failed to complete their push ups and sit ups during night putee. I used to be a regular customer in “higher echelon” cos I was not physically strong enough at the start (I got properly strong after sha) …this particular night, I had been cut from my squad as usual for coming up late during push ups. I got to Join up with other culprits this particular night and we had the most malicious instructors present, water and pebbles inside iron buckets only meant one thing… “the Angel of death is here”
Next thing “press up everywhere and X your hands”. I started reading Hail Mary cos once you hear the voice of your saviors being the one serving the job, you know it’s going to be a long night. Long story short, after suffering that night somebody dashed and one person fainted (this was what saved the rest of us)…we were released around 0200hrs since 2300hrs of the previous day 😩😭 (this was the day I knew that it’s not Army work that will kill me). Scorpion stick broke on my head this night 😂…it’s funny now, it wasn’t funny at the time.

You will suffer properly as everything is designed to test you and push you to the limit.

You’d pretty much do this for the during of orep wing, but you’d learn the rudiments of being a military person, posture, poise, confidence, test of annoyance etc
You’d learn everything you need to know fast during this phase.

Ofcourse I can’t tell you everything here. These are just general stuff.

After prep wing, those who passed drill square test will be allowed to start wearing their uniforms and that’s when you start feeling like a part of th academy community a bit.

You start going for exercises and practicalizing the theories you’ve learnt.

One thing you can’t take out of whole exercise is thag it mentally prepares you for the worst state of anarchy and disorganization…it helps you to be able to focus in spite of chaos around you. Quick decision making and not just making decisions but making t right decisions and putting the best with whatever situation you find yourself. Making the best out of you no matter t he circumstances

Bottom line is who no go no go understand

Boss, you said “someone dashed” do you mean died or ran away ?🤨

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24
Ran away
Eminant:

Boss, you said “someone dashed” do you mean died or ran away ?🤨

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24
Something that might show next week sef lol..infact training is likely to be next month
smohammed895:

How many weeks of month will it take before the exam list is published

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:44pm On Feb 24
Did you save it as PDF before now or you didn't?
Rightboy:
Good morning my fellow prospective cadets.
Please, I need assistance, how can I print my acknowledgement slip, my registration was successful, but I can print my acknowledgement slip, referees form and others, please i need help.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Rightboy: 3:46pm On Feb 24
Good afternoon sir, I didn't save at all
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Rightboy: 3:50pm On Feb 24
The last time I checked this was the response, is it possible for me to still print. Because as at today when I logged in, they're saying DSSC application has closed

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24
Ahh Omo that's how it is, once the form closes, everything is gone and you can't go back to save it. You made a terrible mistake, seems this is your first time
Rightboy:
The last time I checked this was the response, is it possible for me to still print. Because as at today when I logged in, they're saying DSSC application has closed
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Rightboy: 4:17pm On Feb 24
Ah! Does it mean I cannot print my acknowledgement slip even my registration number displayed there. Or what if I am also invited to participate in the exam, how will I do it..?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Rightboy: 4:22pm On Feb 24
This is really going to be disheartening if I can't find my way out, because my application went smoothly, I did the registration with my phone and wanted to print the next day with my system, but I couldn't find any link or anything related to print, I struggled with it. I was thinking it's a system malfunction or their server was down.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Charrliie: 4:27pm On Feb 24
Rightboy:

https://recruitment.army.mil.ng/printview?doctype=DSSC%20Application&name=d902ac52d8&format=DSSC%20Application%20Printout%20Format

Copy this entire link and paste in your browser. I don't know why nairaland is dividing the link into two. It will take you straight to your print out. Please save it as a pdf.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Rightboy: 5:48pm On Feb 24
Thank you so much sir, from the depth of my heart I sincerely appreciate. May God continue to bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Casper32: 7:32pm On Feb 24
Please do we really need any attestation from our previous higher institution?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by horlatunji00(m): 8:43pm On Feb 24
Casper32:
Please do we really need any attestation from our previous higher institution?
You only need it if you're using SOR
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Shinzokiyotake(m): 9:07pm On Feb 24
Good evening senior men in the house concerning flat foot issue is first degree flat foot or is it reviewed?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by kendo3910(m): 12:27am On Feb 25
Dannyhonda:
Something that might show next week sef lol..infact training is likely to be next month
no exams??
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by noblechoco(f): 6:45am On Feb 25
Stringz1:
Alright, so I won’t be able to give full details but I’d give a simplified version of what training looks like.
After we successfully completed screening, we were asked to resume 2 weeks later or thereabout. I had to quickly source for money to buy the basic things like salala and white vests and Garri plus sugar (very important).
My first day, I got to kaduna with an 8am flight. I got to the academy around 9am but I couldn’t go to the sport complex because I developed cold feet. The shouting and “maltreatment” of prep wingers to candidates made me very scared. I almost went back home but home was too far away. I didn’t think I could survive so I hung around with a friend at the Mami market. He encouraged me to leave when it was 6pm and I was still scared to go. After plenty encouragement, I asked myself what will my father say of me? What about the people I told that I was going to join the Army? I gained courage and joined up. That was the beginning of the longest day of my life. I had to carry my heavy bags on my head (rookie mistake) don’t ever carry heavy bags. Find a way to make your burden light. Carry only what you can hunch with cos if you carry overload, you will nearly di.e.
After all the shouting and running to get documented into platoons and company, I made a terrible mistake. The NCO asked what’s inside this carton, I said “should I open it for you to see”🤡🤡…like a proper clown, he called one of the meanest prep wingers to “carry this clown”… I forward rolled the entire length and breadth of the football field twice with kicking and shouting from the PW. That white got condemned immediately. I moved to another prep winger, she was pissed that I was a giant (it is an offence to be extremely tall or built on the bigger side)…she gave me 500 hunches, my legs almost gave up. Worthy of note, buy canvas with “chin gum sole and at least one size bigger than you”. You will be squatting on your toes a lot and this can cause your legs to get bigger and wider. After doing the hunches to get satisfaction, we were driven to the candidates village where the sorrow started properly.
We were all required to carry our bags on our heads and hunch for about 300meters or thereabout. Now I had two bags one on my head and another on my back. Gentlemen, I cried cos my legs were properly heavy and someone was hitting me with scorpion stick. (Just manage and maneauver but don’t get caught)…I had to say that I hadn’t broken my fast (Ramadan period) so I was allowed to drink water but I finished up the extreme sport that night. We were allocated bed spaces with names and buckets and beddings. I finally saw my bed…lmao… they wheeled us out again to suffer for coming late cos we think they’d have lost strength…I did 3man carrying while going up and down on a leg that was already on fire. Gentlemen, that night was hell.

We were allowed to go to bed around 0100hrs only to be woken up by 0300hrs for Jikapa. (This soon became our daily routine). Every day till the last day of prep wing.

We started going for drill lessons, weapons handling, general service knowledge etc. you’d think the mental classes will cause ease in the physical drilling, na lie, instead it got more intense. There were nights we completed 700 push ups and 1000 sit ups just because 🤧

Then came “Night of power” these involved people who were culprits all through the day time for one offence or the other and people who failed to complete their push ups and sit ups during night putee. I used to be a regular customer in “higher echelon” cos I was not physically strong enough at the start (I got properly strong after sha) …this particular night, I had been cut from my squad as usual for coming up late during push ups. I got to Join up with other culprits this particular night and we had the most malicious instructors present, water and pebbles inside iron buckets only meant one thing… “the Angel of death is here”
Next thing “press up everywhere and X your hands”. I started reading Hail Mary cos once you hear the voice of your saviors being the one serving the job, you know it’s going to be a long night. Long story short, after suffering that night somebody dashed and one person fainted (this was what saved the rest of us)…we were released around 0200hrs since 2300hrs of the previous day 😩😭 (this was the day I knew that it’s not Army work that will kill me). Scorpion stick broke on my head this night 😂…it’s funny now, it wasn’t funny at the time.

You will suffer properly as everything is designed to test you and push you to the limit.

You’d pretty much do this for the during of orep wing, but you’d learn the rudiments of being a military person, posture, poise, confidence, test of annoyance etc

After prep wing, those who passed drill square test will be allowed to start wearing their uniforms and that’s when you start feeling like a part of th academy community a bit.

One thing you can’t take out of whole exercise is thag it mentally prepares you for the worst state of anarchy and disorganization…it helps you to be able to focus in spite of chaos around you. Quick decision making and not just making decisions but making t right decisions and putting the best with whatever situation you find yourself. Making the best out of you no matter t he circumstances

Thank you for this 🙏🏽

Pls sir what about the obstacles training ?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by orient53: 1:03pm On Feb 25
What course are you, sir
Stringz1:

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by orient53: 1:18pm On Feb 25
Good afternoon gentlemen in the house. Stringz1 has done justice, lemme just chip in a bit.
Now, I dunno bout DSSC screening process but I gotta say 'ZERO UR MIND'.
During my time (SSC screening), I've been practicing for 3.2km race, couldn't even mk it (cos I'm no athlete), but when I got to FALGORE, we heard that we'll be running 20km (mind u it's timed) morning n 5km evening. Now, the only inspiration I got was my mind was made (go hard or go home). First day my body nearly gave up but, it didn't.
When you eventually mk it to training, pls open ur mind n heart n train (nobody is trying to kill anyone but to transform you to a finely crafted officer, with bearing n highly disciplined). I promise you one thing, you'll be impressed with yourself...
...n lastly, if you're joining d svc to come mk money, well, you'll be disappointed....at first.....that first fit be like 3-5 years so, just zero ur mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:40pm On Feb 25
Exam is just for a day na lol and moreover screening is less than 2 weeks so do the calculation. There was a side they said u must not pass a particular age by April.
kendo3910:
no exams??

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 2:42pm On Feb 25
Well for Dssc, it is still 3.2km and I heard the way you guys were treated. During my own screening, the people that came early slept in the open and It was cold while the time I came slept in a canopy just that na hard floor I sleep cause no bed until the day rain scatter my canopy lol. Some people were sleeping in the bathroom, toilet etc. You said it all sha
orient53:
Good afternoon gentlemen in the house. Stringz1 has done justice, lemme just chip in a bit.
Now, I dunno bout DSSC screening process but I gotta say 'ZERO UR MIND'.
During my time (SSC screening), I've been practicing for 3.2km race, couldn't even mk it (cos I'm no athlete), but when I got to FALGORE, we heard that we'll be running 20km (mind u it's timed) morning n 5km evening. Now, the only inspiration I got was my mind was made (go hard or go home). First day my body nearly gave up but, it didn't.
When you eventually mk it to training, pls open ur mind n heart n train (nobody is trying to kill anyone but to transform you to a finely crafted officer, with bearing n highly disciplined). I promise you one thing, you'll be impressed with yourself...
...n lastly, if you're joining d svc to come mk money, well, you'll be disappointed....at first.....that first fit be like 3-5 years so, just zero ur mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by orient53: 4:11pm On Feb 25
Dannyhonda:
Well for Dssc, it is still 3.2km and I heard the way you guys were treated. During my own screening, the people that came early slept in the open and It was cold while the time I came slept in a canopy just that na hard floor I sleep cause no bed until the day rain scatter my canopy lol. Some people were sleeping in the bathroom, toilet etc. You said it all sha
Mehn! I heard....guess my set was lucky cos we don't encounter d rain
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by kendo3910(m): 5:09pm On Feb 25
Dannyhonda:
Exam is just for a day na lol and moreover screening is less than 2 weeks so do the calculation. There was a side they said u must not pass a particular age by April.
After the exams it will take another 2 weeks for the interview/screening list to show…Omo make dem just do screening straight, if I no make list make I rest. (There might be no exams though, judging from the last course)
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by winnifredd: 7:04pm On Feb 25
[quote author=kendo3910 post=128641819] After the exams it will take another 2 weeks for the interview/screening list to show…Omo make dem just do screening straight, if I no make list make I rest. (There might be no exams though, judging from the last course)
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by winnifredd: 7:08pm On Feb 25
Qpqls dqoes that mean there was no exam last year.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Lamibanks101: 9:37pm On Feb 25
[quote author=winnifredd post=128643395][/quote]
Did they ask for ask for preferred exam centre in the last one too?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Gisbourne44: 4:47am On Feb 26
Shinzokiyotake:
Good evening senior men in the house concerning flat foot issue is first degree flat foot or is it reviewed?

A picture of it might help. Some types are overlooked based on the numbers that high BP or other ailments must have dropped.

I've been dropped once for flat foot, and I've seen board twice, one before and one after I was dropped for flat foot
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 6:51am On Feb 26
Omo it wasn't funny at all, cold wanted to kill me cause the blanket I used was wet including my load, thank God it didn't damage my documents even tho some people were not lucky. Na canopy way don damage na him person use like that
orient53:

Mehn! I heard....guess my set was lucky cos we don't encounter d rain
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 6:53am On Feb 26
Well base on my last exam, shortlist for exam came after 8 days or so then shortlist for screening came after a week then final list came after 2 weeks so calculate it. Well they might be exam just that I feel they might send people to any available centres probably according to how you registered and some people might be sent far away, just saying o. If it was screening direct, it would have been written sha
kendo3910:
After the exams it will take another 2 weeks for the interview/screening list to show…Omo make dem just do screening straight, if I no make list make I rest. (There might be no exams though, judging from the last course)

(1) (2) (3) ... (954) (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) ... (968) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.