Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,913 members, 7,814,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1361945 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (965) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 6:55am On Feb 26
Omo flat foot gets disqualify but you might be lucky sha
Shinzokiyotake:
Good evening senior men in the house concerning flat foot issue is first degree flat foot or is it reviewed?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by AmancalledGod: 8:35pm On Feb 26
I registered air force and Army 🪖 so help me God, if anyone should favour me i will thank God baba God
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by beta247: 8:12am On Feb 27
Stringz1:
Alright, so I won’t be able to give full details but I’d give a simplified version of what training looks like.
After we successfully completed screening, we were asked to resume 2 weeks later or thereabout. I had to quickly source for money to buy the basic things like salala and white vests and Garri plus sugar (very important).
My first day, I got to kaduna with an 8am flight. I got to the academy around 9am but I couldn’t go to the sport complex because I developed cold feet. The shouting and “maltreatment” of prep wingers to candidates made me very scared. I almost went back home but home was too far away. I didn’t think I could survive so I hung around with a friend at the Mami market. He encouraged me to leave when it was 6pm and I was still scared to go. After plenty encouragement, I asked myself what will my father say of me? What about the people I told that I was going to join the Army? I gained courage and joined up. That was the beginning of the longest day of my life. I had to carry my heavy bags on my head (rookie mistake) don’t ever carry heavy bags. Find a way to make your burden light. Carry only what you can hunch with cos if you carry overload, you will nearly di.e.
After all the shouting and running to get documented into platoons and company, I made a terrible mistake. The NCO asked what’s inside this carton, I said “should I open it for you to see”🤡🤡…like a proper clown, he called one of the meanest prep wingers to “carry this clown”… I forward rolled the entire length and breadth of the football field twice with kicking and shouting from the PW. That white got condemned immediately. I moved to another prep winger, she was pissed that I was a giant (it is an offence to be extremely tall or built on the bigger side)…she gave me 500 hunches, my legs almost gave up. Worthy of note, buy canvas with “chin gum sole and at least one size bigger than you”. You will be squatting on your toes a lot and this can cause your legs to get bigger and wider. After doing the hunches to get satisfaction, we were driven to the candidates village where the sorrow started properly.
We were all required to carry our bags on our heads and hunch for about 300meters or thereabout. Now I had two bags one on my head and another on my back. Gentlemen, I cried cos my legs were properly heavy and someone was hitting me with scorpion stick. (Just manage and maneauver but don’t get caught)…I had to say that I hadn’t broken my fast (Ramadan period) so I was allowed to drink water but I finished up the extreme sport that night. We were allocated bed spaces with names and buckets and beddings. I finally saw my bed…lmao… they wheeled us out again to suffer for coming late cos we think they’d have lost strength…I did 3man carrying while going up and down on a leg that was already on fire. Gentlemen, that night was hell.

We were allowed to go to bed around 0100hrs only to be woken up by 0300hrs for Jikapa. (This soon became our daily routine). Every day till the last day of prep wing.

We started going for drill lessons, weapons handling, general service knowledge etc. you’d think the mental classes will cause ease in the physical drilling, na lie, instead it got more intense. There were nights we completed 700 push ups and 1000 sit ups just because 🤧

Then came “Night of power” these involved people who were culprits all through the day time for one offence or the other and people who failed to complete their push ups and sit ups during night putee. I used to be a regular customer in “higher echelon” cos I was not physically strong enough at the start (I got properly strong after sha) …this particular night, I had been cut from my squad as usual for coming up late during push ups. I got to Join up with other culprits this particular night and we had the most malicious instructors present, water and pebbles inside iron buckets only meant one thing… “the Angel of death is here”
Next thing “press up everywhere and X your hands”. I started reading Hail Mary cos once you hear the voice of your saviors being the one serving the job, you know it’s going to be a long night. Long story short, after suffering that night somebody dashed and one person fainted (this was what saved the rest of us)…we were released around 0200hrs since 2300hrs of the previous day 😩😭 (this was the day I knew that it’s not Army work that will kill me). Scorpion stick broke on my head this night 😂…it’s funny now, it wasn’t funny at the time.

You will suffer properly as everything is designed to test you and push you to the limit.

You’d pretty much do this for the during of orep wing, but you’d learn the rudiments of being a military person, posture, poise, confidence, test of annoyance etc
You’d learn everything you need to know fast during this phase.

Ofcourse I can’t tell you everything here. These are just general stuff.

After prep wing, those who passed drill square test will be allowed to start wearing their uniforms and that’s when you start feeling like a part of th academy community a bit.

You start going for exercises and practicalizing the theories you’ve learnt.

One thing you can’t take out of whole exercise is thag it mentally prepares you for the worst state of anarchy and disorganization…it helps you to be able to focus in spite of chaos around you. Quick decision making and not just making decisions but making t right decisions and putting the best with whatever situation you find yourself. Making the best out of you no matter t he circumstances

Bottom line is who no go no go understand

All is well

Sir how often do you

Use the toilet during the day,
Daily eating,
Time to bath and shave

ANY FREE RESTING DAY?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Scoutvibe: 8:29am On Feb 27
Dannyhonda:
Omo flat foot gets disqualify but you might be lucky sha
Na person wey no get godfather flat foot dey disqualify boss.
First get godfather then pray it favours you and your godfather that all.
My family uncles that are in military are flat footed and myopic ( so after the training they continue with their glasses )
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Shinzokiyotake(m): 9:13am On Feb 27
Scoutvibe:

My family uncles that are in military are flat footed and myopic ( so after the training they continue with their glasses )
it is well
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Eminant: 1:31pm On Feb 27
beta247:

All is well

Sir how often do you

Daily eating,
Time to bath and shave

ANY FREE RESTING DAY?

Very important question

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Walex29: 8:46pm On Feb 27
Scoutvibe:

I don't doubt this at all...At Falgore I saw officers who were so short like it was so obvious( no offence) and candidates were dropped for not meeting up with the recommended height...May God help us all

PS: Also pray God takes away every unfriendly friend from you while at screening lol...At falgore a girl was dropped for been overweight, the aunty begin dey protest say even one of her friend when get weight pass her, pass the medical..The board had to investigate and they confirmed that the friend was overweight as well..na so the other aunty when feel say she dor pass medical take jah o lmao..
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Scoutvibe: 9:02pm On Feb 27
Walex29:

I don't doubt this at all...At Falgore I saw officers who were so short like it was so obvious( no offence) and candidates were dropped for not meeting up with the recommended height...May God help us all

PS: Also pray God takes away every unfriendly friend from you while at screening lol...At falgore a girl was dropped for been overweight, the aunty begin dey protest say even one of her friend when get weight pass her, pass the medical..The board had to investigate and they confirmed that the friend was overweight as well..na so the other aunty when feel say she dor pass medical take jah o lmao..
Lol.
The truth is that I hate people that make it there to come out and say is merit that they don't know anybody. I will be like who are they fooling for Christ sake.
If God say you won't enter no Matter your godfather will won't enter. But God is not a magician he will provide you with someone that will help you get the job simple.
My younger sister that is in terma 2 in NDA is also myopic. She failed the eye screening but they didn't comot her.
I will say personally I have bad luck in this military stuff
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 12:40am On Feb 28
beta247:

All is well

Sir how often do you

Daily eating,
Time to bath and shave

ANY FREE RESTING DAY?

Very good question. You will be taught water discipline and “Gwaiwa/gbewa” discipline. 😂
You won’t eat enough to even pee or use th toilet. You will be told to do certain things very early in the morning around 0300hrs. Manage and ease yourself at that point. Your free time is the time between waking up and mustering for head count every morning. You can say your prayers by then too

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 12:43am On Feb 28
orient53:
Good afternoon gentlemen in the house. Stringz1 has done justice, lemme just chip in a bit.
Now, I dunno bout DSSC screening process but I gotta say 'ZERO UR MIND'.
During my time (SSC screening), I've been practicing for 3.2km race, couldn't even mk it (cos I'm no athlete), but when I got to FALGORE, we heard that we'll be running 20km (mind u it's timed) morning n 5km evening. Now, the only inspiration I got was my mind was made (go hard or go home). First day my body nearly gave up but, it didn't.
When you eventually mk it to training, pls open ur mind n heart n train (nobody is trying to kill anyone but to transform you to a finely crafted officer, with bearing n highly disciplined). I promise you one thing, you'll be impressed with yourself...
...n lastly, if you're joining d svc to come mk money, well, you'll be disappointed....at first.....that first fit be like 3-5 years so, just zero ur mind

Yes boss. This is very true.
If na money you Dey find, go and do business. In this service, you are here to serve. The only other word na servant 😂.
Please manage and zero your mind.
Not to make you scared but that running part, you will almost run mad. First week, I saw myself running 15kilos wey I never even sabi run 3.2kilo to make cage. 😂
But the day my body woke up and caught up, even me I was surprised when we finished 35km with slung rifles and I was still singing high morale. You will be impressed gentlemen

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 12:45am On Feb 28
noblechoco:

Thank you for this 🙏🏽

Pls sir what about the obstacles training ?

You will do it. Try to learn it. Please… do not get yourself injured during training but push yourself and you will be surprised. Many of my female coursemates were able to get awards during obstacle. I have white horses that are female. They Dey run pass me wey be man. So manage and bring your mind to train.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 12:47am On Feb 28
Eminant:

Boss, you said “someone dashed” do you mean died or ran away ?🤨
He carried on as per he cannot come and kill himself.
It’s normal. Not everybody that starts will pass out. I wanted to run away so many times but wetin I go tell my mama for house na? 😂

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 12:49am On Feb 28
Scoutvibe:

I’ve told you to di.e this godfather matter. Bros, the army does not care about nepotism. Anybody wey enter now must have been qualified whether he knows someone or not. But feel free to disagree sha
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by BenkingEng(m): 1:21am On Feb 28
Walex29:

What's the required weight chief?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Eminence50: 6:07am On Feb 28
A friend of mine went for Army Dssc two times she doesn't pass medical because of BP she said anytime Dy want to check her BP she normally had anxiety and started shivering and she pass all other medical...what can she do

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 6:37am On Feb 28
She should always calm down and make sure she drinks enough water.
Eminence50:
A friend of mine went for Army Dssc two times she doesn't pass medical because of BP she said anytime Dy want to check her BP she normally had anxiety and started shivering and she pass all other medical...what can she do

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 6:38am On Feb 28
Check the instructions written on the list, you will see the required weight and height there.
BenkingEng:

What's the required weight chief?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by checky619: 6:58am On Feb 28
Casper32:
Please do we really need any attestation from our previous higher institution?

I don't think it is necessary
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Chinex57: 9:27am On Feb 28
Please this forms of referees signing when are we expected to submit it, cos last SSC i applied it was during screening, I dont know weda its still same now. During exams i dont think they require the referees signing now! Please someone help out
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 7:52pm On Feb 28
Only when you make the screening
Chinex57:
Please this forms of referees signing when are we expected to submit it, cos last SSC i applied it was during screening, I dont know weda its still same now. During exams i dont think they require the referees signing now! Please someone help out

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Charrliie: 8:02pm On Feb 28
So there's something I'm really curious about. I've seen a few posts on here emphasising that you must have a godfather to get shortlisted.
I'd really like to know if they don't shortlist based on merit anymore? Does this imply that people who are qualified 101% do not stand a chance if they don't have a godfather? Does this mean that no single person in the last 5-10 years has gotten successful with the army based purely on merit?
Please I'm genuinely curious and I'd like an answer🙏
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dannyhonda(m): 10:24pm On Feb 28
The point is, it is you against your state people. You might have a godfather and still won't make the list. This is like survival of the fittest, we have both that entered merit and also the other part, it all depends on where you fall.
Charrliie:

So there's something I'm really curious about. I've seen a few posts on here emphasising that you must have a godfather to get shortlisted.
I'd really like to know if they don't shortlist based on merit anymore? Does this imply that people who are qualified 101% do not stand a chance if they don't have a godfather? Does this mean that no single person in the last 5-10 years has gotten successful with the army based purely on merit?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Charrliie: 10:27pm On Feb 28
Dannyhonda:
The point is, it is you against your state people. You might have a godfather and still won't make the list. This is like survival of the fittest, we have both that entered merit and also the other part, it all depends on where you fall.
Okay. Thank you very much for clarity on that🙏🙏
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by beta247: 11:07pm On Feb 28
Stringz1:

Very good question. You will be taught water discipline and “Gwaiwa/gbewa” discipline. 😂
You won’t eat enough to even pee or use th toilet. You will be told to do certain things very early in the morning around 0300hrs. Manage and ease yourself at that point. Your free time is the time between waking up and mustering for head count every morning. You can say your prayers by then too

Wonderful

Sir, the stippen given monthly, can it sustain one or someone need to be given additional support from family and friends?

Regards
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by noblechoco(f): 7:35am On Feb 29
Stringz1:

What about time for salat (prayer)?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 10:01am On Feb 29
Charrliie:

Dont be weary, I and my brother got in without knowing anyone and i beat my chest to tell you there is the place of merit.
Those you even think have godfathers you would be shocked they would not make the screening list. There is the place of godfather in enlistment but there is more place of merit. Take this from me and relax young man

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 3:13pm On Feb 29
beta247:

All is well

Sir how often do you

Daily eating,
Time to bath and shave

ANY FREE RESTING DAY?

Use the toilet first thing in the morning. Sh.it, shave (manage and do this daily if not…) shower. (The first 3 s of the day.
Sunday is a day of peace at least from 8am till 12noon (attend Catholic o…or just join up with Mosque squad …if you be Protestant 😂 shout Akwai Masala)
Daily eating is regimental. As you will be administered feeding as it is your right to be fed but definitely you will sweat it out 😂
Admin will not be your problem…but you will pay with sweat and blood in training. I can assure you. Zero your mind and train so you can be strong

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 3:15pm On Feb 29
noblechoco:

The military doesn’t joke with prayers. There will be time for that. However nobody will lead you. Any small admin you have, say your prayers cos you will need it. May God help us

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 3:16pm On Feb 29
Dammysmart:
Dont be weary, I and my brother got in without knowing anyone and i beat my chest to tell you there is the place of merit.
Those you even think have godfathers you would be shocked they would not make the screening list. There is the place of godfather in enlistment but there is more place of merit. Take this from me and relax young man

Oga sir, exactly what I keep saying. The days of godfatherism is no longer with us. If you are qualified and there’s vacancy for you, Walahi you will be shortlisted. The current senior men don’t care about nepotism. As long as you are qualified, gaskia

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Stringz1: 3:19pm On Feb 29
Eminence50:

I had similar issue, the nurse was like a mother figure so she told me to go and sit under the fan, she gave me water and told me “my son, army work is not by force, I’m sure you’d do great elsewhere if you don’t make it into the military…so calm your mind okay?”

I got calm and she got a good reading. It’s normal, tell your friend to calm down…we are here to serve our country not out of desperation please 🙏🏽

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by profmsboi(m): 3:46pm On Feb 29
noblechoco:

You're a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Dammysmart: 4:31pm On Feb 29
noblechoco:

Dont let anyone decieve you, the military is not a church or mosque and is highly regimental. You wont have any time to observe 5time prayers or go to church on saturday (Adventist). If you are caught in any manner depicting ''catholic than the pope'', you might never go to pray again.
The only time for observation of prayers for muslim is on Friday and Sunday for christian and with strict timings.
Dont worry, naturally when you report for training, you mighy see yourself covering up as a Christian just to go to church and Christians covering up as Muslim just to go to mosque grin i wont tell you why for this, when u get there you will find out better. The academy is a beautiful place my dear, dont get panicked. Make list first and pray to your God very early before everyone wakes, thats the only time you might get. Selah!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (955) (956) (957) (958) (959) (960) (961) ... (965) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.