Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone (3631 Views)

See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / How To Know If Your Android Phone Is Fake Or Original / Some Places Where Use Of Phone Is Prohibited But People Dont Obey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Adaowerri111: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
Good day to all in the house, I was robbed at gun point today and my phone Stolen, I have The IMEI and also Access to Android Account manager, is there a way I can get my contacts or other information and disable the phone forever.....Please I need urgent answers. Thanks
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by abimbawealth(f): 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
We need help here ooo
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by DeathStroke007(m): 10:28pm On Jan 20, 2016
did you sync your mail with your contacts?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by DeathStroke007(m): 10:29pm On Jan 20, 2016
to disable the phone forever, i no know about that... cc: Godvilla might know
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Adaowerri111: 4:06am On Jan 21, 2016
I didn't do that
DeathStroke007:
did you sync your mail with your contacts?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Adaowerri111: 4:06am On Jan 21, 2016
Godvilla
DeathStroke007:
to disable the phone forever, i no know about that... cc: Godvilla might know
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by RobinHez(m): 6:47am On Jan 21, 2016
With Android device manager, you can even track down the location of ur phone... Just sign in to it on anoda device or pc...then u will see a map showing a location (GPS-based. Nd I've used it to know it works) and u have options to lock and erase the phone, or make the phone ring every 5 mins till u recover it(useful when u forgot were u kept ur phone)
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by shiftback: 7:04am On Jan 21, 2016
you can't disable an android device forever. sorry.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by honsule(m): 7:31am On Jan 21, 2016
shiftback:

you are correct
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2016
honsule:

you are correct
He's in no way correct...
I can disable an Android 5.0 and above for eternity...
After flashing it which most people think its the only way to use a stolen Android device, on the welcome screen, it'll request for Wi-Fi connection which most people skip by pressing the skip button but in this case, THE SKIP BUTTON WILL BE INACTIVE.
Only option is to connect to a Wi-Fi and here comes the most interesting part.....

The device will request for the gmail and password of the user, and if u happen to be an unauthorized user, sorry..... No magic will make u bypass that unlock screen. Even if u reflash with another ROM.

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2016
shiftback:
U can't be too sure my brother
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by TheArchangel(f): 12:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Godvilla:
U can't be too sure my brother
Sir, how do I use simple server with mtn music plus on my itel prime notepad.
Note: yet to root the phone. Thanks.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by shiftback: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
Godvilla:
After flashing it which most people think its the only way to use a stolen Android device, on the welcome screen, it'll request for Wi-Fi connection which most people skip by pressing the skip button but in this case, THE SKIP BUTTON WILL BE INACTIVE.
Only option is to connect to a Wi-Fi and here comes the most interesting part.....

The device will request for the gmail and password of the user, and if u happen to be an unauthorized user, sorry..... No magic will make u bypass that unlock screen. Even if u reflash with another ROM.

oga dis is android we are talking about.

There is no way u can permanently lock an android device remotely that will render it useless.
iPhone with all their security sef with icloud, can still be unlocked.

Regardless of the android version, once i install a custom or stock ROM shikena!
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by daphid25(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Good day to all in the house, I was robbed at gun point today and my phone Stolen, I have The IMEI and also Access to Android Account manager, is there a way I can get my contacts or other information and disable the phone forever.....Please I need urgent answers. Thanks
Is your phone iPhone6, Phantom5 or S6?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by mikron(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
im going through the same pain, unlike u, i mistakenly lost mine in a taxi i boarded to shoprite in apo abuja on dec 24th. i didnt back up my phone so i lost everything from contacts, to important whatsapp msgs, to videos, to important pictures i took with the phone etc, its painful but i ve put that behind me. nxt time i ll bck up my files n contacts. sorry for ur loss
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by JesusCrew: 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Godvilla:
I can disable an Android 5.0 and above for eternity...on the welcome screen, it'll request for Wi-Fi connection which most people skip by pressing the skip button but in this case, THE SKIP BUTTON WILL BE INACTIVE.

Nna, u really sounded plausible. Can u shed more light on dis to convince d doubting thomas & thomases? Let's acquire some nw knowledge.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by timbros(m): 2:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is why you always need to sync your device with your Gmail account AND save contacts in your email. Stop saving contacts in sim1, sim2 or phone storage. Email is the best!

Sorry for your loss sha...
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by airsaylongcon: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
Godvilla:

What happens if a Kitkat ROM is installed instead?

*whispering:how I go fit configure that Lollipop trick?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by airsaylongcon: 3:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
shiftback:

There is no way u can permanently lock an android device remotely that will render it useless.

Regardless of the android version, once i install a custom or stock ROM shikena!

Tell me more. Recently lost a family member who used an iPhone 4. The phone has just been fallow for over a year when it can be of use
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Adaowerri111: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
[Please how do i go about that, i need help quote author=Godvilla post=42185031]He's in no way correct...

[/quote]
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by shiftback: 3:55pm On Jan 21, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Tell me more. Recently lost a family member who used an iPhone 4. The phone has just been fallow for over a year when it can be of use

its pointless to icloud-unlock an iPhone 4, from an economic point of view that is.
The cost of unlocking an iPhone 4 can get you a UK used iPhone 4s( or even an iPhone 5 if u are extremely lucky)
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheArchangel:

Sir, how do I use simple server with mtn music plus on my itel prime notepad.
Note: yet to root the phone. Thanks.
I'lll add u to my whatsapp group so u can fully utilize it Android device and get the best out of it
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
airsaylongcon:

What happens if a Kitkat ROM is installed instead?

*whispering:how I go fit configure that Lollipop trick?
even if u flash a gingerbread rom which is basically impossible, it'lll get stuck on the unlock screen until u input the right password and email
Most people don't know the security on Android device has upgraded.

Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
shiftback:

Mouth sealed... Am not surprise
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
Adaowerri111:
[Please how do i go about that, i need help quote author=Godvilla post=42185031]He's in no way correct...

Send me a pm and I'll help u out...
Ur IMEI is not even necessary.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Adaowerri111: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
Just did please
Godvilla:
Send me a pm and I'll help u out...
Ur IMEI is not even necessary.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by airsaylongcon: 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
shiftback:

its pointless to icloud-unlock an iPhone 4, from an economic point of view that is.
The cost of unlocking an iPhone 4 can get you a UK used iPhone 4s( or even an iPhone 5 if u are extremely lucky)

It's not so much the economic value. It's more of a sentimental value as the phone was used by my mum. Still interested in the unlock. No *free* ways?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
airsaylongcon:

It's not so much the economic value. It's more of a sentimental value as the phone was used by my mum. Still interested in the unlock. No *free* ways?

43k and I'll unlock it within 72 hours
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Just did please
Am having difficulties receiving mails on NL, Iv sent pm countless times to Seun but he feels too big to reply talk more of fixingithe error.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by airsaylongcon: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
Godvilla:

43k and I'll unlock it within 72 hours

shocked. Man to man, no free way to take do am?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
airsaylongcon:

shocked. Man to man, no free way to take do am?
The only free way is to free the device and get a new one
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Gone by shiftback: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
Godvilla:
Mouth sealed... Am not surprise
didn't expect you to be.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Fans; Let's Meet Here / How To Use Your Airtel 2G Plan To Download With A 3G Speed / The World’s Tiniest Touchscreen Smartphone (images).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.