Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? (15955 Views)

Christmas Photoshoot Turns Into Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Lady Who Turned Down Boyfriend’s Marriage Proposal On Her Birthday Writes / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by DICKtator: 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by piagetskinner(m): 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
Private.... To avoid stories that wunjures the heart

And a scene that would probably get a thousand views on YouTube
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Toeyoursea(m): 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
s
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by misspicy(f): 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2016
private
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by spidey77: 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
Private or public....d simple truth is dat weda d marriage will work or not is neva a public affair
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by missKiffy(f): 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
I prefer private
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by refiner(f): 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
anyhow my man wants it will be perfect for me since I love everyfin abt him....so I sure will love anyfin he comes up with!smiley
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by sparkleRed(f): 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2016
A private one
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Jckleiin(m): 1:35pm On Feb 20, 2016
Most girls love public alot and I guess its due to the attention it brings while on the other hand most guys live private. Please and please again for the guys before you propose to your lady in public be sure she is ready to say yes cos if she turns you down,......smh(eg the guy that proposed with iphones).

Well am going to do public cos bae wants it!!!!
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by AikayDaWrapper(m): 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
okay, this is a voting... I'll drop a comment too..

Ion like all these PDA nonsense.. It shows utter and extensive decadence!!!

It is not fucking romantic.. If I see a guy proposing to a lady on the street, in front of a lot of people, causing obversion, showing misconduct and indiscipline in public.. I'll report to the authorities.. Because it is just wrong!!

But we live in a society where the authorities are at the forefront of the decadence campaign! So reporting to the authorities might not even aid the situation in anyway..
I prefer private too but I think you're going over the top here.

There's nothing decadent about someone doing it publicly. Nor is it an act of misconduct or indiscipline.

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by IBBG(m): 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:
I think I prefer it private both not just the both of us ,our families included.At least invite dem over ,decorate the house ,host a small party ,then call the girl over that u have something to tell her,switch off the lights and play a soft music in the background .let everyone hide and when she comes inside and u switch on the light ,she will be surprised at the decor and when she turns her back to you ,kneel down and call her name and she will turn and u do the needful.and then the family members can now clap from their hiding. isn't it perfect?
Babe don't get carried away by telemundo o. cheesy
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by DeoSleek: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:
I think I prefer it private both not just the both of us ,our families included.At least invite dem over ,decorate the house ,host a small party ,then call the girl over that u have something to tell her,switch off the lights and play a soft music in the background .let everyone hide and when she comes inside and u switch on the light ,she will be surprised at the decor and when she turns her back to you ,kneel down and call her name and she will turn and u do the needful.and then the family members can now clap from their hiding. isn't it perfect?

Yea perfecto
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by makabulchi(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2016
Smellymouth:
Public
Private she fit fall ur hand
Public she go look Uche face say yes

1 Like

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 20, 2016
I prefer a private proposal with flattering stunt
boboLIL:
Should one have a simple marriage proposal or an elaborate one?

For me,,, I hate all dis public stunt of marriage proposals... I prefer it privately... What about you?

Let the census begin.......

Click 'like' for private proposal and 'share' for public proposal

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by ifeanyija(m): 1:58pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:
inside one room and 1bedroom flat?
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Chiccly(f): 2:00pm On Feb 20, 2016
Whether public or private, the crust of the matter is to have a peaceful and lasting marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2016
Federal proposal is still the best, try it
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by tuffgongjo(m): 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
valdes00:
Both Public and Private, both na rubbish....
Jus giv her belle straight, n the rest is history
High five dude.
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Jorussia(m): 2:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
valdes00:
Both Public and Private, both na rubbish....
Jus giv her belle straight, n the rest is history
badt guy your prick is big.
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by menix(m): 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2016
Must we propose in person or even at all

Sure u can call Nkechi up, instructing her to accompany you to a bridal shop were u would both shop if she is interested in marrying you.

OR..

U could send her an Sms, detailing ur interest in marrying her.
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by mikaael(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Lordprez:
Considering the level of indecisiveness protrayed by the females....

risking a lady turning me down in public or accepting my proposal just because people re cheering and clapping is just sheer stvpidity

for me, I'd propose with outmost secrecy. Maybe whilst taking a stroll on the beach, watching a beautiful sunset on a hilltop, watching titanic, in the shower taking a bath... pretty much anywhere no one else can influence her decision to marry me. We can always let the world know later

wat a dream
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nicepoker(m): 2:27pm On Feb 20, 2016
Speechless3:
I love it when the whole world is present. Dont ask me why smiley
to show off.
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by fretfingers: 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:
I think I prefer it private both not just the both of us ,our families included.At least invite dem over ,decorate the hous?

lol... only in telemundo grin
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nicepoker(m): 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:
perfect nonsense
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
refiner:
anyhow my man wants it will be perfect for me since I love everyfin abt him....so I sure will love anyfin he comes up with!smiley

what if ur so called boo get anoda boo dey decieve ursef with love. Instead make u enter street use your toto raise plenty cash. dey wait for love junction undecided i pity the heartbreak wey go jam u
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
exthar87:
I prefer a private proposal with flattering stunt

estharfabian undecided
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by IVORY2009(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20, 2016
irunooboo:

what if ur so called boo get anoda boo dey decieve ursef with love. Instead make u enter street use your toto raise plenty cash. dey wait for love junction undecided i pity the heartbreak wey go jam u

Bros Irunooboo, u funny grin
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by smartsammie(m): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:

Chai.. See fantasy oooo
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by ladyF(f): 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2016
Private is safer, in case she is not ready to get married and says no to you grin
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by bankybobo11: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2016
cruzita:

Western influence. You watch a lot of American movies, cos this one doesn't happen in our local Nollywood movies.
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by habsydiamond(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2016
It is better to propose privately than to propose publicly and be disgrace. Public disgrace bad pass private oooo.
Re: Private Or Public Marriage Proposal: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 20, 2016
bettercreature:
My thought exactly,proposing to a lady you have been fuccking from time immemorial is senseless in my book simply take her to your family if you like her and get the necessary things done

LADIES PLEASE READ THIS POST I QUOTED
When we tell you that sleeping with him reduces your value even to him. You no go hear.
If a guy feels like this I would not blame him. What's the formality for anyway?
You have consented already then you now want him to ask again. Kilode.

For those that want to quote: I also know marriage is many other things apart from sex. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MEN!! Never Accept A Second Hand Wh0re With Kids! Be Wise Like This Man! [photo] / Women And Self-objectification / I Beg If You Have Her As Your Wife Will You Still Cheat On Her (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.