Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,288 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) (31524 Views)

Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / Obiano Flags Off 2017 Farming Season As Farmers Display Produce (photos) / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by omooba969(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
stephenduru:
Anambra Governor Willie Obiano has flagged-off the construction of a modern integrated poultry farm project valued at $61m (N15bn) at Igbariam in Anambra East Local Government Area...

... Hon Ekwunife revealed that the only equity contribution that the state government had made to the project was the provision of 75 hectares of land in a strategic area while the project owners; Lynden Integrated Farms Ltd would provide the funding.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Chairman of Lynden Integrated Farms Ltd, Chief Clem Nwogbo had declared that his company aims to position Anambra State as the centre of excellence for poultry farming in the South East and South South regions of Nigeria.

@bolded,

I smell money laundering & heavy FRAUD going on here but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt & see if the end justifies the means.

Do we even have character vetting for contractors or investors in Nigeria? Oh grin 'm asking for too much.

Any credible pressure group serving as monitoring team on govt's handling of public money? I 'm even going too far. grin

Another disguised LOOTING loading...

We are watching na. cool
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by lordcornel(m): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Willie is working and walking... Always on d move with this his blind man glass..lolz... Luv d man n his swag shaaa!

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Even on a thread on Anambra, the first thing that came to your mind is Yoruba

You people are so intimidated by Yorubas

I know they are superior to you in intelligence and development but do you have to show your fear of Yorubas everytime?

Exactly what I was thinking

Smh for Politicians

Lie....

It gives us great pleasure like an heavenly feeling when we diss the sufferisticated people that are claiming sophisticated tribe in Nigeria lol

I mean the people from South West...

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by manny4life(m): 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
This is about to be a good revenue source for the govt. This is the type of news I'd like to hear, if all other SE states can begin to implement GIANT steps like this, it's only a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by PoliticalThuG(m): 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
Igbos are gud to go as a country

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
GeneralShepherd:

He is a Nigerian governor not a Biafran governor
Lol... And where is the said achievement done on?
Oga swerve you ain't making any sense...

Tell your Nigeria governor in osun state to do same nah.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by APCcrimesHD: 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
obailala:
What kind of poultry would cost N15Billion?

Haaaaaaaa...our 785million website nko?

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by mallamseifaldin(m): 4:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
Txonyi:

the type that will put OBASANJO OUT OF BUSINESS
buhari oya come probe am oooooo because soon, we wont buy NOTHING from ota farm.
besides, we are the real business men so our own will be CHEAP
next now, the stupid leaders of hate will come probing
but wait o,
salary increased to 16%
flyover built in awka
onitsha wearing new look
rice farm project underway
foreign investors coming in
education growing in leaps and bounds
now poultry project underway again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all this without OIL MONEY DERIVATION YET
why wont "landlocked" SE do better as a country? now add our COUSINS SS obidi pon bidi what else?
give it up for us jare ANAMBRA too much
haters call it chest beating, I REALLY LOVE TO BEAT MY CHEST obidi pon bidi what else?

You stopped making sense when you said "our SS cousins".
Make una leave SS alone.

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Soreza(m): 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
AM HAPPY FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A NIGERIAN STATE,#NO TRIBAL NONSENSE.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Meriekriss: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

I know they are superior to you in intelligence and development but do you have to show your fear of Yorubas everytime?

Exactly what I was thinking

Smh for Politicians

What has politicians have to do here? didnt you read where the project will be funded by the private investors

9 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by toyinjimoh(m): 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
15billion for poetry farm are they going to b selling human brings there, hmmm...just saying ooo

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by APCcrimesHD: 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
Mynd44:
Ask Governor Fayose. He knows grin
lol...how far our 759million naira website?

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by ODVanguard: 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
odogwu125:
Yoruba only have white man's companys to boast for, i wonder why they think only white man can be an investor, why do these ppl feel inferior to anything white?? Meanwhile kudos to Nwogbo and his crew

Anumamu. Must you foolls always mention Yorubas FIY, the project is 90% funded by Foreign Investors -- Chinese and Dutch. Oya talk another thing. Jealous bigot. We are always gonna be a step ahead of y'all so eat your heart out. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Drabrah(m): 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hope it's not a project after d similitude of d reknown "Fayose Poultry Project"

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Viktor1983(m): 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
obailala:

A very huge one

myners007:
They have started again with their white elephant project that will not impact the lives of the masses. What are his plan to earn billions as revenue from local poultry when most food consumed in Nigeria are imported.Governors in Nigeria are the worst managers on e can ever imagine, thats why most of them can not pay the meagre sum of N18,000 as minimum wage. When we were receiving huge revenue from the sales of oil some years back couple with the excess crude revenue, these so called state administrator could not save or even save ahead for the rainy day. Let some body advise this man about the cost implication and opportunity cost of this project before he subjects Anambra indigenes to extreme poverty

Didn't you read where it was stated that the states contribution is only land?

odogwu125:
Yoruba only have white man's companys to boast for, i wonder why they think only white man can be an investor, why do these ppl feel inferior to anything white?? Meanwhile kudos to Nwogbo and his crew

Must you mention Yoruba people? Stop being petty .

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by opwa4us(m): 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
Txonyi:

the type that will put OBASANJO OUT OF BUSINESS
buhari oya come probe am oooooo because soon, we wont buy NOTHING from ota farm.
besides, we are the real business men so our own will be CHEAP
next now, the stupid leaders of hate will come probing
but wait o,
salary increased to 16%
flyover built in awka
onitsha wearing new look
rice farm project underway
foreign investors coming in
education growing in leaps and bounds
now poultry project underway again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all this without OIL MONEY DERIVATION YET
why wont "landlocked" SE do better as a country? now add our COUSINS SS obidi pon bidi what else?
give it up for us jare ANAMBRA too much
haters call it chest beating, I REALLY LOVE TO BEAT MY CHEST obidi pon bidi what else?

With all this thing happening to the Igbo, u people will still come here to say Igbo is not benefitting from the leadership of Nigeria. The only thing I see with the Igbo is that everyone of them want to be a leader. That's why u see so many chiefs without a royal title. If I hear any of u show Biafra again, God of thurder will do press up before e strike the person.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by OFFICIAL336: 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
myners007:
They have started again with their white elephant project that will not impact the lives of the masses. What are his plan to earn billions as revenue from local poultry when most food consumed in Nigeria are imported.Governors in Nigeria are the worst managers on e can ever imagine, thats why most of them can not pay the meagre sum of N18,000 as minimum wage. When we were receiving huge revenue from the sales of oil some years back couple with the excess crude revenue, these so called state administrator could not save or even save ahead for the rainy day. Let some body advise this man about the cost implication and opportunity cost of this project before he subjects Anambra indigenes to extreme poverty
Is this stupidity or jealousy? Can't u read again? The project will be financed by the private sector through equity while the government owns only 10% becos of the land and other incentives. U should be worried how Lynden will push Ota farm out of business in the SE.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by ubah84(m): 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
I tot one deputy governor was impeached for rearing poultry in d east
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by jstbeinhonest(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

My signature says it all bro

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by BenMarx: 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
looting in disguise, may God save from the hands of all these looters

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Pwayne2016(m): 4:16pm On Jan 21, 2016
Just like how Americans are proud of their country that is how we are proud of Anambra....only one state don hit fp 5times today with goodnews while some states own only and 1 torie na protest,sacking of workers,lassa fever, corruption and rape.
I rep Ogidi
I rep Onitsha city
i rep 046
rep Anambra mehn

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by vayne(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
Mynd44:

Ask Governor Fayose. He knows grin
See as the news dey pain your soul

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2016
Obiano should pay salary please.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by omooba969(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
stephenduru:
Anambra Governor Willie Obiano has flagged-off the construction of a modern integrated poultry farm project valued at $61m (N15bn) at Igbariam in Anambra East Local Government Area...

... Hon Ekwunife revealed that the only equity contribution that the state government had made to the project was the provision of 75 hectares of land in a strategic area while the project owners; Lynden Integrated Farms Ltd would provide the funding.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Chairman of Lynden Integrated Farms Ltd, Chief Clem Nwogbo had declared that his company aims to position Anambra State as the centre of excellence for poultry farming in the South East and South South regions of Nigeria.

@bolded,

I smell money laundering & heavy FRAUD going on here but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt & see if the end justifies the means.

Do we even have character vetting for contractors or investors in Nigeria? Oh grin 'm asking for too much.

Any credible pressure group serving as monitoring team on govt's handling of public money? I 'm even going too far. grin

Another disguised LOOTING loading...

We are watching na. cool

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by manny4life(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
myners007:

Honestly, if you don't know what to write, please be quiet. Why does it have to be about revenues all the time? Did you read the the post or not? How much revenue will the Govt generate that's better than creating direct and indirect jobs. Do you guys even think before you comment? If this is one thing the govt can achieve that will spur other business services (transportation, storage, real estate, and the list is endless), so be it. If you need a breakdown, just let me know.

Have you heard of Anambra owing state worker? In fact, their wages have increased, so what has other governors go to do with Gov Obiano? Please be quiet jor, what do you know about cost implication? Please tell me how this will spell doom and disaster and I will give you 10 good reasons why this will push Anambra to be on the road map to success in this troubled times.

8 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
BenMarx:
looting in disguise, may God save from the hands of all these looters

Your brain need checkup...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by luvinhubby(m): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
ozoigbondu:
My state is always in the news for positive reasons unlike others that are either owning or sacking workers or building useless airport in front of hungry workers

Rochas get off your fat ass and learn good governance from Willie angry angry

AreGBESE your own strong

Ozoigbondu himself, ekene mooo !! cool
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by papaskino(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
Nice one to the creative and initiative Governor!!!
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by bxcode(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
myners007:
I was pushed to ask if you actually read the post before typing this. There is no cost implication from it because the state government only provided the land while the a private investor handles the construction and other logistics. And for your info also, the state is one of the few states that not only paid staff salaries on their own during the financial bailout of other states by the federal government but increased the salaries of civil servants during that same period too. Please be sure of what you put up for others to consume.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Viktor1983(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
obailala:

Modified:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/n13bn-investment-in-poultry-farming-coming-for-anambra/
Obviously the poultry is much larger than the report says. We definitely need more of this and I see no reason why every single state of the federation cannot do something like this.

Some governors are working while others are lazily waiting for feeding bottle allocation from Abuja. Also, some other governors are busy cutting kpomo on the streets, taking pictures and getting hailed, while citizens of some states with 'ghost' governors are attacking Buhari and everyone else for their age long woes. Hopefully we would all wake up one day.

cc: lovings, Viktor1983, APCcrimesHD

Just read the link, it is even meant to have a slaughter house.
it's a big project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Me Working On My Melon (egusi) Farm This Morning / Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.