Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,480 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) (31525 Views)

Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / Obiano Flags Off 2017 Farming Season As Farmers Display Produce (photos) / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Kellyakon(f): 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
myners007:
They have started again with their white elephant project that will not impact the lives of the masses. What are his plan to earn billions as revenue from local poultry when most food consumed in Nigeria are imported.Governors in Nigeria are the worst managers on e can ever imagine, thats why most of them can not pay the meagre sum of N18,000 as minimum wage. When we were receiving huge revenue from the sales of oil some years back couple with the excess crude revenue, these so called state administrator could not save or even save ahead for the rainy day. Let some body advise this man about the cost implication and opportunity cost of this project before he subjects Anambra indigenes to extreme poverty
Dear , Gov. Obiano is trying for the Anambrarians, the 250 direct employment bn talked about, he has already trained the (250) youths on a 2 months training at the Agricultural Training Center, Anambra State College of Agriculture Mgbakwu, Awka north, they were trained on livestock production(piggery, fishery, poultry etc) he fed the participants for the said period, provided accomodation, paid the trainers and the trainees and the form was even free.

Yesterday 20/01/2016 the participants collected their certificate at the ADP Awka, and cooperatives were formed for them in the groups of 10, so you see my dear this is no politics the Govenor wants to take the State to greater heights and he is very passionate about it when it comes to doing it through Agriculture.

I don't always type this long, but i did it for the benefit of people like you that can pick up their phone and type what they like, because they think they understand the game and we are in democracy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by megbu: 11:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
Kellyakon:
Dear , Gov. Obiano is trying for the Anambrarians, the 250 direct employment bn talked about, he has already trained the (250) youths on a 2 months training at the Agricultural Training Center, Anambra State College of Agriculture Mgbakwu, Awka north, they were trained on livestock production(piggery, fishery, poultry etc) he feed the participants for the said period, provided accomodation, paid the trainers and the trainees and the form was even free.

Yesterday 20/01/2016 the participants collected their certificate at the ADP Awka, and cooperatives were formed for them in the groups of 10, so you see my dear this is no politics the Govenor wants to take the State to greater heights and he is very passionate about it when it comes to doing it through Agriculture.

I don't always type this long, but i did it for the benefit of people like you that can pick up their phone and type what they like, because they think they understand the game and we are in democracy.
God bless you my sister tell them.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by manny4life(m): 11:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
matrixme:

This is not Brazil, my brother. I am an agriculturist and this thing maxes out here in Nigeria in the long run. Check out other single produce agricultural projects executed by the government in time past and research on how they are faring today. Everyday is not Christmas that people will decide to eat chickens and eggs enmass. If it were complemented with fisheries, snails and vegetables, could have been a perfect project, given its location.

This is the second time you're talking off point without listening to yourself... How do you mean by "Everyday is not Christmas"? Even if 50% of Nigeria 150+ million citizens are the supposed market for poultry, that's a potential market right there. Even if this company constantly produced everyday, nonstop, they wouldn't satisfy the need of 5% of the market. Don't worry your little head, they have their plans all set to go... More farms will spring up and diversify, in the meantime, don't worry about it.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by matrixme(m): 12:08am On Jan 22, 2016
omonnakoda:
Did I say this is Brazil? What the hell is agriculturist? Shut the Fvck up!! Who cares what you are ? Do you know what I am? Where do you get the bvllshit about Chicken and Christmas. I really do not have patience for Stvpid talk. No one gives a shit about what you are !! If you have any points to make make them without the biography.
Did you read my post before trying to educate me about how government projects are faring? Do you even understand what I am saying before the geography lesson.
manny4life:

This is the second time you're talking off point without listening to yourself... How do you mean by "Everyday is not Christmas"? Even if 50% of Nigeria 150+ million citizens are the supposed market for poultry, that's a potential market right there. Even if this company constantly produced everyday, nonstop, they wouldn't satisfy the need of 5% of the market. Don't worry your little head, they have their plans all set to go... More farms will spring up and diversify, in the meantime, don't worry about it.

I thought you two were rational people but it is obvious. I should have known better than getting down to your level. I don't have much to say again, as we all know how these things swell your ego. Taking chicken farm personal like kilode...
I could carefully analyze how the idea may not be sustainable as planned, but why bother? Well, I hope you both have a good time wanking towards the idea of your modern chicken utopia. Some words are better left unsaid.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by manny4life(m): 12:29am On Jan 22, 2016
matrixme:

I thought you two were rational people but it is obvious. I should have known better than getting down to your level. I don't have much to say again, as we all know how these things swell your ego. Taking chicken farm personal like kilode...
I could carefully analyze how the idea may not be sustainable as planned, but why bother? Well, I hope you both have a good time wanking towards the idea of your modern chicken utopia. Some words are better left unsaid.

Lmao.. You're a trip man, don't take this too personal... aight? Also, you need to get off that ish you're smoking. Did you say sustainable? Sustainable in what aspect? Economically? Financially? Environmentally? Like what are you talking about? I really pity you because you're unexposed to say the least, don't argue on what you know nothing about. Heed to your own advice and leave those words better unsaid. However, should you decide to debate this topic, I am more than ready to educate you tonight. Deuces. cool cool cool
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by matrixme(m): 12:38am On Jan 22, 2016
manny4life:

Lmao.. You're a trip man, don't take this too personal... aight? Also, you need to get off that ish you're smoking. Did you say sustainable? Sustainable in what aspect? Economically? Financially? Environmentally? Like what are you talking about? I really pity you because you're unexposed to say the least, don't argue on what you know nothing about. Heed to your own advice and leave those words better unsaid. However, should you decide to debate this topic, I am more than ready to educate you tonight. Deuces. cool cool cool
I know you are defending your state and all, but it's just sad how you often get it wrong politically and strategy wise. How could a tribe so strong be defeated when just their access to food was cut off? Now when you ought to get it right, it's a lopsided idea that ensues.
Though I am tempted, yet I would not say more like you are expecting, but I wish you could see better.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by mindtricks: 1:07am On Jan 22, 2016
Mynd44:

Ask Governor Fayose. He knows grin

Mynd, You don dey madt abi? grin
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by asha80(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2016
matrixme:

This is not Brazil, my brother. I am an agriculturist and this thing maxes out here in Nigeria in the long run. Check out other single produce agricultural projects executed by the government in time past and research on how they are faring today. Everyday is not Christmas that people will decide to eat chickens and eggs enmass. If it were complemented with fisheries, snails and vegetables, could have been a perfect project, given its location.
this project is nit executed by the govt..learn to read

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by innuit: 7:17am On Jan 22, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Narcissism . . . See his dressing

I know right!

He appears to be doing good work in the state though.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by otokx(m): 7:37am On Jan 22, 2016
In years to come, we will know how genuine this project really is.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Kellyakon(f): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2016
megbu:

God bless you my sister tell them.
Thank you my dear.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by megbu: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2016
matrixme:

I know you are defending your state and all, but it's just sad how you often get it wrong politically and strategy wise. How could a tribe so strong be defeated when just their access to food was cut off? Now when you ought to get it right, it's a lopsided idea that ensues.
Though I am tempted, yet I would not say more like you are expecting, but I wish you could see better.
What exactly are you whining about? On one hand you lament our defeat because of our food insufficiency,on the other hand you criticise a large scale plan to correct it. If all this company does was to ensure that all egg, and meat consumed in the whole of southeast come from the southeast .,then Obiano is on the right path. Mind you the state govt is not funding this project, they are only providing the enabling environment. At the beginning of his tenure he called a meeting of the anambra business men, billionaires scattered all over Nigeria and the world. He enticed them with the prospects of bringing their businesses home. These are the few that has so far responded, others are probably sitting on the fence and observing closely. If this people succeed, trust the competitive spirit of the igbo man others will come in and only God know the economic explosion that will take Place. So don't worry about us we are fine.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by santino09: 9:17am On Jan 22, 2016
It seems APGA is the right path....to hell with PDP and APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by buchilino(m): 9:47am On Jan 22, 2016
ozoigbondu:
My state is always in the news for positive reasons unlike others that are either owning or sacking workers or building useless airport in front of hungry workers

Rochas get off your fat ass and learn good governance from Willie angry angry

AreGBESE your own strong

grin grin grin grin grin grin, I SAID IT, U NEED 2 JOIN STAND UP NIGERIA COMEDY SHOW
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by ONYEKA300: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2016
I must confess that willie is the best things ever happen to Anambrian, you will not believe since i was born i have never seen light in Anambra east but today the story is difference because we now have uninterupted power supply direct from government house and willie make it possible he donated transformrs to ever this will make it always 2 weeks unterupted power supply without a blink, strees are now being trerd first time in history of my people
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Cuteamigo1(m): 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
it's very comfortable but I fear is that the governor is bringing in foreigners that will establish a business that will drive locals out of it and when they make their huge profit they simply fly it out of naija. I wish it was state owned anyways.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Rotimi47: 12:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
odogwu125:
Yoruba only have white man's companys to boast for, i wonder why they think only white man can be an investor, why do these ppl feel inferior to anything white?? Meanwhile kudos to Nwogbo and his crew
Haven't you heard of Odua investment? undecided
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by omonnakoda: 1:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
matrixme:

Not every thing is about tribe!! You are arguing blindly and irrationally and not even sure what you are arguing about. You do not even know what my position is before you start making emotional remarks. The reality is there is not enough information about this to form any serious opinion and so one can only make general comments with regard to principles.
I have already called for more information and transparency but the claim is that this is going to be a private project and government will have some equity by providing land.

There are genuine reasons for skepticism. The entrepreneur has no identifiable track record in poultry business and I mentioned this LAST YEAR on a different thread on this same project. The other question is the entrepreneur CLAIMS he will be investing X amount of Naira and on that basis the government will provide Y amount of land as equity. In other words some kind of joint venture. This investment should be verified so Anambra land is not given away to a speculator or without legal safeguards. There is a land grabbing tren not just in Nigeria but across Africa where so called investors come and acquire land for huge concessions or for nothing promising heaven and earth before they even raise one naira of investment capital. They then go away and use the government concession as some kind of collateral. This is fraudulent especially when natives are dispossessed of their land for so called public interest. The activities of Blackstone in Cameroon and several other multinationals comes readily to mind.
Now it seems Africans are getting in on the act.
Essentially this is a START UP COMPANY with no history or track record and government is giving them land because they say they will invest.If I was the governor I would want to engage a good lawyer

With regard to the actual poultry farming. If it is true that the stated sum is to be invested and the technical expertise is there then it is a brilliant idea and indeed a drop in the ocean but I have significant doubts about this CLEM guy because to the best of my knowledge he has never managed 100 chickens before. Now one should be able to tease out the different strands of a debate or discussion without tying oneself into an emotive knot unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Mopolchi: 7:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
ONYEKA300:
I must confess that willie is the best things ever happen to Anambrian, you will not believe since i was born i have never seen light in Anambra east but today the story is difference because we now have uninterupted power supply direct from government house and willie make it possible he donated transformrs to ever this will make it always 2 weeks unterupted power supply without a blink, strees are now being trerd first time in history of my people
Did you emailed me?
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Themandator: 11:23am On Jan 23, 2016
waistaa:
God give Imo State a sensible Governor or stir the heart of the one we have back to your desired lane
Very touching prayer....May God hearken to the your sincere prayer.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Themandator: 12:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
onatisi:
One thing that baffles me is that Nigerians invest more in animal production and fisheries but less on crop farming ,why is this so?
I believe emphasis should be more on crop farming than animal farming

What about the coched farms and others?
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Preprobiotics: 11:07pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Me Working On My Melon (egusi) Farm This Morning / Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.