Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,959 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) (31531 Views)

Meet Zainab Eze, Student Who Owns 7 Acres Of Cassava Farm (Photos) / Obiano Flags Off 2017 Farming Season As Farmers Display Produce (photos) / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by bishop4life(m): 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
Keneking:
Amazing...even Peter didn't achieve half of this after 8 years as governor and more than 18months as NPA Oga embarassed

Oga mi, I take God beg you. Please don't go there... If you need Peter's achievements, kindly ask. Besides I won't be the one to tell you, so don't ask me.

@ thread . Kudos to Obiano you are stepping up by the day. I knew your aguleri and igbariam brothers ain't happy with you. But anambra will be behind you... Keep it up
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by akigbemaru: 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
eZE
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Toeyoursea:
Before any a*s Licking, Kindly note the following:

The project is funded by the Dutch and Chinese owners

The financiers have 90% ownership of the poultry, (only 10% for the government who provided the lands and also gave tax waivers and 10% in ''CSR'' for the community {the real land owners})

I just pray there is something for tomorrow.
God bless Nigeria!

did u read from the back. ?

Earlier in his welcome address, the Chairman of Lynden
Integrated Farms Ltd, Chief Clem Nwogbo had declared that
his company aims to position Anambra State as the centre
of excellence for poultry farming in the South East and
South South regions of Nigeria.
β€œOn completion, the farm facility will produce high quality
poultry products – table eggs and meat. In the last week,
we placed the order with our suppliers, Big Dutchman and
C-Lines, respectively, for the equipment required for the first
phase of our the layer farm. Construction of site
infrastructure and buildings will commence later this week
and we expect the layer farm to be commissioned by
August 2016 with the first eggs leaving our gates before the
end of 2016,” he said.

lynden integrated owned by Clemens nwogbo

big Dutchman and c lines 're suppliers according to d news.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Even on a thread on Anambra, the first thing that came to your mind is Yoruba

You people are so intimidated by Yorubas

I know they are superior to you in intelligence and development but do you have to show your fear of Yorubas everytime?

Exactly what I was thinking

Smh for Politicians

did you not see where he said government did not invest any money.

fortunately all investment coming to Anambra recently 're all privately owned by anambrarians

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Realonekingsley(m): 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
046!!
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:36pm On Jan 21, 2016
myners007:
They have started again with their white elephant project that will not impact the lives of the masses. What are his plan to earn billions as revenue from local poultry when most food consumed in Nigeria are imported.Governors in Nigeria are the worst managers on e can ever imagine, thats why most of them can not pay the meagre sum of N18,000 as minimum wage. When we were receiving huge revenue from the sales of oil some years back couple with the excess crude revenue, these so called state administrator could not save or even save ahead for the rainy day. Let some body advise this man about the cost implication and opportunity cost of this project before he subjects Anambra indigenes to extreme poverty

Mtchewwww.

did u even read the article..
if you did you will see where it was stated dat Anambra government did not invest any kobo. rather they provided 75 hectare...

pls read before u comment...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
frank442:
For god sake 15 billion is just too
Much

Another white elephant project

Can't you read ?
Tufiakwa...
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,

I smell money laundering & heavy FRAUD going on here but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt & see if the end justifies the means.

Do we even have character vetting for contractors or investors in Nigeria? Oh grin 'm asking for too much.

Any credible pressure group serving as monitoring team on govt's handling of public money? I 'm even going too far. grin

Another disguised LOOTING loading...

We are watching na. cool

bad belle is allowed

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by matrixme(m): 6:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
I am sure the igbos would be so proud of this project. I don't know who advises these people to take decisions without careful thought. If the state had 15 billion to spare for agricultural project, why splurge it on just poultry?
In these days of Lassa fever, bird flu and co, your farm is just one virus away from utter collapse. I am sure they just told him poultry is the most profitable agribusiness and he said oya now, let's do It.
Anyway, I wish you good luck with your 15 billion naira poultry project because it's just what you need at this point, especially if managed by Nigerians that are known to be maintainance monsters.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,

I smell money laundering & heavy FRAUD going on here but I want to give them the benefit of the doubt & see if the end justifies the means.

Do we even have character vetting for contractors or investors in Nigeria? Oh grin 'm asking for too much.

Any credible pressure group serving as monitoring team on govt's handling of public money? I 'm even going too far. grin

We are watching na. cool

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
matrixme:
I am sure the igbos would be so proud of this project. I don't know who advises these people to take decisions without careful thought. If the state had 15 billion to spare for agricultural project, why splurge it on just poultry?
In these days of Lassa fever, bird flu and co, your farm is just one virus away from utter collapse. I am sure they just told him poultry is the most profitable agribusiness and he said oya now, let's do It.
Anyway, I wish you good luck with your 15 billion naira poultry project because it's just what you need at this point, especially if managed by Nigerians that are known to be maintainance monsters.

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by omonnakoda: 6:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
matrixme:
I don't see much wrong with it conceptually if anything 15 billion is too small though I would rather it was in the private sector or PPP. Citizens should demand more information about ownership structure and management but I am sure there are much bigger project in Brazil. I doubt they are government run
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
matrixme:

bad belle

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
omooba969:

@bolded,

We are watching na. cool

bad belle is allowed
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by omonnakoda: 7:02pm On Jan 21, 2016
odogwu125:
Yoruba only have white man's companys to boast for, i wonder why they think only white man can be an investor, why do these ppl feel inferior to anything white?? Meanwhile kudos to Nwogbo and his crew
When we discuss farming in Nigeria no one know Eboes
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
onatisi:
One thing that baffles me is that Nigerians invest more in animal production and fisheries but less on crop farming ,why is this so?
I believe emphasis should be more on crop farming than animal farming

https://www.nairaland.com/2877343/governor-obianos-agro-revolution-anambra/2

go through this thread.

some one invested heavily in tomato. same anambra

coscharis invested heavily in rice.

obiano attracted about $500 million rice farming

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
bishop4life:

Oga mi, I take God beg you. Please don't go there... If you need Peter's achievements, kindly ask. Besides I won't be the one to tell you, so don't ask me.

@ thread . Kudos to Obiano you are stepping up by the day. I knew your aguleri and igbariam brothers ain't happy with you. But anambra will be behind you... Keep it up

Bia nwokem, don't go there at all.

Who told you that Aguleri and Igbariam indigenes are not happy. We in Umuleri can visibly testify the goodness of his administration. Are you aware that most part of this towns and villages within ?Anambra East now have uninterrupted power supply ...direct from government house.

At least better than some parts in the south west.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
bishop4life:

Who told you that Aguleri and Igbariam indigenes are not happy. We in Umuleri can visibly testify the goodness of his administration. Are you aware that most part of this towns and villages within Anambra East now have uninterrupted power supply ...direct from government house.

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by bishop4life(m): 7:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
Keneking:

Who told you that Aguleri and Igbariam indigenes are not happy. We in Umuleri can visibly testify the goodness of his administration. Are you aware that most part of this towns and villages within Anambra East now have uninterrupted power supply ...direct from government house.

I hardly say what I don't know sir, I have had an opportunity to be in some amakom meetings. And you know what comprises of that body.
Good to know you are enjoying good power supply. It's the next amenity that's boost life aside water. One love
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Jofez: 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hope say we small farmers go survive
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Jessam: 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Jessam Cattle Ranch & farms would like to congratulate the investors and the host community of this farm. It is good that Nigeria diversifies its economy, create employment, and encourage further investment. Efficient Large scale farms are the future of farming in Nigeria. At Jessam we are trying our up most to do things the right way, produce good quality livestock and create much needed employment.

Hopefully those lucky to get employment here won't make it their lifetime mission to steal their way to supposed wealth, and staff take the opportunity seriously. The Anambra state government needs to make sure that good roads are available to all farmers in the state so that they can easily move their goods to market.

Anyway let me also use this opportunity to introduce you to Jessam Cattle Ranch and Farm. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582

jessamfarms@hotmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by fanedrive(m): 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
odogwu125:
Yoruba only have white man's companys to boast for, i wonder why they think only white man can be an investor, why do these ppl feel inferior to anything white?? Meanwhile kudos to Nwogbo and his crew
wetin bring Yoruba inside this matter eh bros,na so you admire/fear them?
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by billyG(m): 7:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
#15billn 4 poultry?how sustainable if bird flu strike now that venture will b abandon,it is better 10~15 enterprenuers estabished diff. farms each.i hope this is not state money by proxy.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by megbu: 8:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
billyG:
#15billn 4 poultry?how sustainable if bird flu strike now that venture will b abandon,it is better 10~15 enterprenuers estabished diff. farms each.i hope this is not state money by proxy.
Have bird flu finished the birds at otta farm? If not then take your skeptism elsewhere cos our elders says one can't call off a just battle because he is afraid to die.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by onatisi(m): 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
chiefobdk:

https://www.nairaland.com/2877343/governor-obianos-agro-revolution-anambra/2

go through this thread.

some one invested heavily in tomato. same anambra

coscharis invested heavily in rice.

obiano attracted about $500 million rice farming
thanks for your intelligent and sensible answer to my question. Now I know better . Because all this while I have been wondering why ppl aren't investing heavily in crops like tomatoes,onions and yam.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by matrixme(m): 8:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
I don't see much wrong with it conceptually if anything 15 billion is too small though I would rather it was in the private sector or PPP. Citizens should demand more information about ownership structure and management but I am sure there are much bigger project in Brazil. I doubt they are government run
This is not Brazil, my brother. I am an agriculturist and this thing maxes out here in Nigeria in the long run. Check out other single produce agricultural projects executed by the government in time past and research on how they are faring today. Everyday is not Christmas that people will decide to eat chickens and eggs enmass. If it were complemented with fisheries, snails and vegetables, could have been a perfect project, given its location.
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by omonnakoda: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
matrixme:

This is not Brazil, my brother. I am an agriculturist and this thing maxes out here in Nigeria in the long run. Check out other single produce agricultural projects executed by the government in time past and research on how they are faring today. Everyday is not Christmas that people will decide to eat chickens and eggs enmass. If it were complemented with fisheries, snails and vegetables, could have been a perfect project, given its location.
Did I say this is Brazil? What the hell is agriculturist? Shut the Fvck up!! Who cares what you are ? Do you know what I am? Where do you get the bvllshit about Chicken and Christmas. I really do not have patience for Stvpid talk. No one gives a shit about what you are !! If you have any points to make make them without the biography.
Did you read my post before trying to educate me about how government projects are faring? Do you even understand what I am saying before the geography lesson.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by Gorgeous4lyf(m): 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2016
mallamseifaldin:

You stopped making sense when you said "our SS cousins".
Make una leave SS alone.
Are you from SS?
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by mallamseifaldin(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
Gorgeous4lyf:
Are you from SS?

No
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by flokii: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
Ok na... Anambraa m bra bra bra.. lol

All d anambra girls I've seen so far haven't disappointed moi... Might just choose one for a wife
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by chiefobdk(m): 9:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
onatisi:
thanks for your intelligent and sensible answer to my question. Now I know better . Because all this while I have been wondering why ppl aren't investing heavily in crops like tomatoes,onions and yam.

I expected this from obiano because his part of Anambra is really an agricultural hotbed
Re: Obiano Flags-off Construction Of N15bn Poultry Farm(Photos) by datmac99: 11:08pm On Jan 21, 2016
our governor is really trying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Rice Farmers Harvesting Rice In Their Farm / Me Working On My Melon (egusi) Farm This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.