Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs (2259 Views)

No Money Misappropriated In 2016 Budget – Dogara / Faces Of The Officers That Allegedly Mismanaged, Diverted And Looted $2.1b / Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by uche77zero(m): 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2016
Cost Of Building the Burj Khalifa is $1.5 Billion , During the peak of construction, at least 12,000 workers worked on the construction site per day or a 6 year period . Anticipated home to 135,000 people. It attracted an 37 million visitors in the first year of its opening. It Provided an approximate 10,000 jobs. The Dubai Mall located within has 3 million visitors per month. Burj Khalifa is the pinnacle (in more senses than one) of an area is that it accounts for well over 10% of Dubai GDP. And all you talk about is that someone is in handcuffs, The guy should be in shackles for all I care.

12 Likes

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by oawele: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
Chineke!!
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by AkProsper(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
I think the OP is making a common sense

5 Likes

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by HURUCHI(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
AkProsper:

Ben bruce
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by theV0ice: 4:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hmmmmm......
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by SamJed(m): 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
And you believe $2.1billion was actually stolen...do u know how it will affect nigeria if that said amount was stolen...do u know what it means to steal 600 billion naira which is more than 10% of the budget... Can't your sense tell u that the amount is exaggerated by the apc government Why are all the charges levelled against him not up to 20 billion naira...i am not supporting corruption but that amount is too exaggerated...

4 Likes

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by MemeTroll: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
If you come here to attack this OP then you honestly do not have sense... this guy speaks the truth
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by alcmene: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
Poorly written and hate-induced piece of balderdash bereft of cogent elaborations.

Next time you want to write article of this nature, do endeavor to free your mind of belligerent hatred so as to be taken any serious.

Did Metuh divert any money from government??
Even if he allegedly did, has he been convicted yet??

Why are we always putting the cart before the horse

2 Likes

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by modath(f): 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
SamJed:
And you believe $2.1billion was actually stolen...do u know how it will affect nigeria if that said amount was stolen...do u know what it means to steal 600 billion naira Can't your sense tell u that the amount is exaggerated by the apc government

All the people singing 7 naming names are play acting too, right?

Then tell us how much was stolen since you are privy to every information..

6 Likes

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by Queennikky(f): 4:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
And this is exactly what the prodced......

1. At 828 meters (2,716.5 feet) tall, Burj
Khalifa is 3 times as tall as Eiffel Tower and
twice as tall as the Empire State Building.

2. Burj Khalifa holds the world Records on:
tallest freestanding structure in the world,
highest number of stories in the world, highest occupied floor in the world, highest outdoor observation deck in the world, elevator with longest travel distance in the world, and tallest service elevator in the world.

3. It is said that the weight of concrete used
to build the skyscraper is equivalent to
100,000 elephants and the steel used to
construct the frame is equal to that of 5
Airbus 380 aircrafts.

4. The building design takes after the Greek
flower, Hymenocallis. The name is translated as Beautiful Membrane in Greek.

5. The building was constructed by a South
Korean Company called South Korean
company, Samsung Engineering and
Construction.

6. Burj Khalifa was built at a cost of $1.5
billion, It is supplied with about 250,000
gallons of water daily, and its electricity needs can go up to 360,000 100-watt bulbs burning at once.

7. During the peak of construction, atleast
12,000 workers worked on the construction
site per day.

8. The tip of the sphere of Burj Khalifa can be seen from 95 kilometers away.

9. The tower was to be called Burj Dubai but this was changed at the last minute to honor Sheik Khalifa bin Zayed al Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi for bailing out Dubai's bankrupt sovereign wealth fund with a $10 billion in 2009.

10. Burj Khalifa has 54 elevators which have a speed of up to 40 miles per hour.
Burj Khalifa is Dubai's pride. It signifies how
far the desert country has come in short 50-years. If you are ever in Dubai, your first point of interest should be the towering tower.
Dubai...you just need a good pair of
binoculars.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by rottennaija(m): 4:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
uche77zero:
Cost Of Building the Burj Khalifa is $1.5 Billion , During the peak of construction, at least 12,000 workers worked on the construction site per day or a 6 year period . Anticipated home to 135,000 people. It attracted an 37 million visitors in the first year of its opening. It Provided an approximate 10,000 jobs. The Dubai Mall located within has 3 million visitors per month. Burj Khalifa will be the pinnacle (in more senses than one) of an area which could account for well over 10% of Dubai GDP. And all you talk about is that someone is in handcuffs, The guy should be in shackles for all I care.
@op, post the pictures so that most people will appreciate what you are talking about

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by rottennaija(m): 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
AkProsper:

That is piracy you know. You took that without acknowledging me
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by atakamus: 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2016
SamJed:
And you believe $2.1billion was actually stolen...do u know how it will affect nigeria if that said amount was stolen...do u know what it means to steal 600 billion naira which is more than 10% of the budget... Can't your sense tell u that the amount is exaggerated by the apc government Why are all the charges levelled not him not up to 20 billion naira...i am not supporting corruption but that amount is too exaggerated...
Sorry you are just an asshole. I wonder why I am sharing the same country with people like you. The idiot Metu my brother told u that he collect a certain sum of money. Dasuki said he shared some money, Dokpesi said he collected, Olu False said he collected, Anenih said he collected, Bafarawa also said he collected, Jafaru said he collected and some idiots want us to believe that such money does not exist. Nonsense. More will go under hand kuff. I pray they will be jailed long term even their Jonathan.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by SamJed(m): 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2016
modath:

All the people singing 7 naming names are play acting too, right?

Then tell us how much was stolen since you are privy to every information..
i am not supporting corruption but that amount is grossly exaggerated. In 2014 the amount allocated for defense was 968.127 billion while that of 2015 was three hundred and fifty something billion. If 600 billion was stolen how much will be left. Remember, the soldiers are still using the arms bought during GEJ time...buhari has not yet bought any arm o

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by naijaboy756: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2016
Op is high. Stop deceiving people. Add all the so called stolen money and see if it is up to 50b. $2.1b is abt N650b$. APC should start working. No more excuses
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by HtwoOw: 5:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
atakamus:

Sorry you are just an asshole. I wonder why I am sharing the same country with people like you. The idiot Metu my brother told u that he collect a certain sum of money. Dasuki said he shared some money, Dokpesi said he collected, Olu False said he collected, Anenih said he collected, Bafarawa also said he collected, Jafaru said he collected and some idiots want us to believe that such money does not exist. Nonsense. More will go under hand kuff. I pray they will be jailed long term even their Jonathan.

Why waste time responding, some people's thinking faculty has been hijacked , reprogrammed and monitored with trojan

Why would a sane person in the world say $2.1Billion was not shared after all the confessions and proofs here and there

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by RealityShot: 5:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
alcmene:
Poorly written and hate-induced piece of balderdash bereft of cogent elaborations.

Next time you want to write article of this nature, do endeavor to free your mind of belligerent hatred so as to be taken any serious.

Did Metuh divert any money from government??
Even if he allegedly did, has he been convicted yet??

Why are we always putting the cart before the horse
OP is simply saying...
It's not good that news carried the handcuffs
Like it's more important than the said stolen or misappropriated amount.

Don't shoot the messenger

2 Likes

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by Queennikky(f): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
rottennaija:
@op, post the pictures so that most people will appreciate what you are talking about

Here are the interior of the Burj khalifa

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by Queennikky(f): 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
Queennikky:

Here are the interior of the Burj khalifa

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by Queennikky(f): 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2016

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by WebSurfer(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
SamJed:
And you believe $2.1billion was actually stolen...do u know how it will affect nigeria if that said amount was stolen...do u know what it means to steal 600 billion naira which is more than 10% of the budget... Can't your sense tell u that the amount is exaggerated by the apc government Why are all the charges levelled not him not up to 20 billion naira...i am not supporting corruption but that amount is too exaggerated...
may God grant you sense, that is all i can say

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by BALLOSKI: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
I can never forgive pdp. cry

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by Raydos: 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
And The Tallest Building In Eko-Atlantic Is Just 37 Storey Or So, While Dubai Has More Than 130storey embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by SamJed(m): 5:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
WebSurfer:
and may God grant u wisdom to understand what i am saying
Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by nafiachi(m): 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
Bros, I burj khalifa was in Nija, it will create over 100,000 jobs direct and in-direct, shackles u say? Amputate them for all I care, wicked people dem.

Change is here Jare!

2 Likes

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by gbengaizzy(m): 6:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
SamJed:
And you believe $2.1billion was actually stolen...do u know how it will affect nigeria if that said amount was stolen...do u know what it means to steal 600 billion naira which is more than 10% of the budget... Can't your sense tell u that the amount is exaggerated by the apc government Why are all the charges levelled against him not up to 20 billion naira...i am not supporting corruption but that amount is too exaggerated...

Some fools asked these question and they were enlightened.. but you.. you're an adamant fool!

A fool: someone who is ignorant, who know he/she is ignorant and does not want to be enlightened. Wallow in your foolishness

1 Like

Re: Burj Khalifa Was Built With $1.5bn, $2.1b Misappropriated & You Worry For Cuffs by SamJed(m): 6:32pm On Jan 21, 2016
gbengaizzy:

Some fools asked these question and they were enlightened.. but you.. you're an adamant fool!

A fool: someone who is ignorant, who know he/she is ignorant and does not want to be enlightened. Wallow in your foolishness
WebSurfer:
atakamus:

i wanted to ignore you guys that are quoting me anyhow but i just felt like saying this to you....you guys are tools a troll uses to pound his toe... if you can't decipher this then i think u are the bigger fools

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Regreting Voting For APC Scam Change Says PDP (pix) / Evidence That Buhari's Wife Is The Real Aisha Buhari In The Halliburton Scandal / 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.