Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. (57349 Views)

Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful / Lady Gets Armed MOPOL To Beat Up Man Who Deceive People With Her Products (Pics) / Edo Yahoo Boys Pay Ritualists To Help Them Kill Police Informant - Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by cherriex(f): 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
They did exactly the same thing to me,I boarded the taxi along banex,with a young guy and a lady at the back and an elderly man in the front seat,they are fraudsters or ritualist,this happened a week before Christmas,I was lucky I read same thing sometime ago,so the moment they started someone has a bag of money in the booth story I told them to stop let me hear d jist well,the moment the driver stopped I quickly alighted the taxi.if I spot them anytime,I will recognize them.may God save us.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Missonas(f): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
Haba this strategy don tey na. Bros u should be more attentive next time. Except u taking a drop no driver will agree to carry u all d way frm wuse market to mpape. They have strategic places u can get such cabs the problem is people are always in a hurry and cant wait for these cabs to get filled. One can never always be careful enough though may God help and protect us. Amen!

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by theshaderoom: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
They have been doing it since nah. Sometimes once they start talking sef, people will be hypnotized and won't have any will power anymore to even think straight or object. It happened to someone I know, God delivered her o!
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by SHAIBULIAR: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
Thank God i doesnt live in abuja,i live in awka
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ManirBK: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
madridguy:
@ OP, thanks for sharing. Same thing has been happening here in Lagos far back but got nothing to do with ritualist they are 419. I guess Abuja branch of ritualist has hijacked the process. May God guide and protect us. Once again thanks very much @ OP.
OP means what?
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
Omg... Its well o.

Same thing happened to me when i was in my finals 2011. Thinking about what could have happened to me if not for God's mercies still send shivers down my spine....

And to make it even worse i was having close to 90k on me for my accommodation.

The people that would really fall for this are the greedy ones.... Wanting to share free money....

May those departed RIP...
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by solid3(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Exactly same happened to me. We went to Karimo that day. All they got from me was N1000 and they regretted collecting it.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ebereokey(m): 3:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Why didn't you inform the police yourslf
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by afilaka(f): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
Wow,people bin callin 2 ask if I wrote dis stuff cos d same tin happend 2 mi,d very way it wz narrated wz wat apend 2 in dec 2015 @ oshodi,in front of the army shopping complex,d same story goes bt a woman wz d passenger wit d luggage in dis case.i almost fell wen I wanted 2 alight 4rm d cab.people say only greedy people fall 4 such.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by fayomidada(m): 3:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Ok. Them don relocate to abuja. Lagos no dey pay again. La gos magas don wise
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
I have encountered them and I don't waste time in getting out immediately the drama starts without saying a word.
Lots of people are missing these days,only God knows what went wrong.
Sad...all for money
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by astalavistababy(f): 4:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
This thing happened to me like 3 times about 15 yrs ago in ph. Are they still doing this thing
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by coolmrs: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
StepTwo:
So I was coming back from Wuse, precisely Golden Gate Hotel, close to Wuse Market and decided to pick a taxi adjacent Zenith bank.

and this particular Taxi drove up to me with a driver and two passengers in it (male and female), the driver stopped where I was standing and asked where i was going to and I said Mpape, He asked the other ladies waiting and they said Katampe junction, the driver said since we were all going towards the same direction He would take us straight there.

we got in, he drove up to about Nicon Junction ,the lady who was inside before me decided to drop and after she did, the driver now asked the other guy who was also in the taxi before me if he had any load and the guy said yes, the driver started snarling at d guy, asking why the guy told him the first time that he had no load and d guy said he told him. the driver now asked the guy what was his load and the guy said just shoes and a carton of clothes.

To our surprize, the driving told the guy that what was in the carton wasnt clothes and the passenger repeated that it was his clothes and the driver said, "okay,since its clothes inside the carton, i will drive you to the police station, and all of a sudden the guy started begging d driver, we were all shocked, the driver now asked him where he got all d money in the carton and the guy said he worked for his Boss and he refused to pay him that is why he took d carton of money "which he said was in dollars" from the boss.

the driver now said He will drive the vehicle to the police and d guy started pleading again and offered that he will share the money 50/50 with the driver. the driver said no, that he would rather share it with all d passenges and the guy agreed, they now agreed on where they'll take the money to be shared, the rest of the passengers as well as myself were all quiet through out the arguement.they both agreed that we all should take it to a particular place and share," i have never heard of the place before".

I had a very terrible feeling about the whole arguement and decided to drop so i told the driver that i did not want to be a part of the sharing and he started abusing me, saying all sorts of things that I dont have the mind to live in Abuja which happens to be a place for the tough "as he put it". so i dropped and took another taxi to my location leaving them to share their money alone.

Just few hours later,news broke out that corpses of two young ladies were discovered at a particular location with their private parts and some organs missing. from the description given,it all went down to the very people i was with in the Taxi.

Please, Residents of Abuja and Nigeria, this seems to be the new trend ritualists deceive desperate Nigerians to their death, please beware of this and relay the information to the people around you.

Lalasticlala and Seun ,together we can save some lives

this starts with you.
Same logic because it also happened to me 6yrs ago at Ibadan during my service.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by femi1170: 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
This happened to me when i was serving in Abuja in 2014, It just went the way you narrated it. Boarded a cab from Kubwa headed to Berger; a lady at the front, I, another lady and the guy that confessed stealing the money sat at the back. When their discussion started I wanted to proceed with my journey with them and drop at my bus stop, I immediately requested to come down at the nearest bus-stop when the accused said his boss used charm on the money and he needs to do some spiritual cleansing on it before it can be shared.

Immediately i heard "spiritual cleansing" my heart cut and i was happy i was not prevented from coming down. I just felt it was scam (as a Lagos boy), not knowing these guys have more grievous motives. Only God know what could have happened to me had i not come down at that time.

Please share tell any friends and family you have at Abuja to be wary of similar antics.

God help us.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2016
Coincidentally, this very scenario equally played itself to me about three years in Sango Otta and then recently again on my way 2 work on monday, this time around in Ibadan.

On the 2 occasion, I just stylishly and gently opened d car door and stepped out; for the recent one, I was d only real passenger so as soon as I got down, they stopped d argument and just zoomed off not even bothering to ask for T-fare.

And to think it has happened to me twice on different locations- they seem to be everywhere.

May God protect us and ours in Jesus' name. None of us will fall victim.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by dj5naira(m): 4:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
SHAIBULIAR:
Thank God i doesnt live in abuja,i live in awka

Take heed.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by FBLJ(m): 4:29pm On Jan 22, 2016
Moral of the post.... Avoid greed. Greed has always been what led many to their doom shocked
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by smithe113(m): 4:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
This same thing as explained happened to a friend of mine around 22nd of december last year in Ibadan...... He however followed them until they got to a shrine,thou he claimed he was hypnotised...... He said few minutes after they entered the shrine he got his strength and reasoning back and ran for his life.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
I had a similar experience once.. I was with a cousin of mine. We were going for another cousin's wedding when the whole silly affair between tax driver and fellow passenger strtid. Mehn.. I strtid throwing tantrums when they said we'd all go to a place to cleanse the money or sth... The driver had no choice but to stop. I threatened to strt screaming if I'm not allowed to get down.. The other passengers were just shouting at me.

I alighted the vehicle and forced my cousin to come down, too. Then I called my mum to come pick us from where we were.

That was some 10yrs back. Was quite young, then. I don't know what happened to taxi driver and passengers.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by fart: 4:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
That is what gold diggers deserve. End time gold diggers grin
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
StepTwo:
So I was coming back from Wuse, precisely Golden Gate Hotel, close to Wuse Market and decided to pick a taxi adjacent Zenith bank.

and this particular Taxi drove up to me with a driver and two passengers in it (male and female), the driver stopped where I was standing and asked where i was going to and I said Mpape, He asked the other ladies waiting and they said Katampe junction, the driver said since we were all going towards the same direction He would take us straight there.

we got in, he drove up to about Nicon Junction ,the lady who was inside before me decided to drop and after she did, the driver now asked the other guy who was also in the taxi before me if he had any load and the guy said yes, the driver started snarling at d guy, asking why the guy told him the first time that he had no load and d guy said he told him. the driver now asked the guy what was his load and the guy said just shoes and a carton of clothes.

To our surprize, the driving told the guy that what was in the carton wasnt clothes and the passenger repeated that it was his clothes and the driver said, "okay,since its clothes inside the carton, i will drive you to the police station, and all of a sudden the guy started begging d driver, we were all shocked, the driver now asked him where he got all d money in the carton and the guy said he worked for his Boss and he refused to pay him that is why he took d carton of money "which he said was in dollars" from the boss.

the driver now said He will drive the vehicle to the police and d guy started pleading again and offered that he will share the money 50/50 with the driver. the driver said no, that he would rather share it with all d passenges and the guy agreed, they now agreed on where they'll take the money to be shared, the rest of the passengers as well as myself were all quiet through out the arguement.they both agreed that we all should take it to a particular place and share," i have never heard of the place before".

I had a very terrible feeling about the whole arguement and decided to drop so i told the driver that i did not want to be a part of the sharing and he started abusing me, saying all sorts of things that I dont have the mind to live in Abuja which happens to be a place for the tough "as he put it". so i dropped and took another taxi to my location leaving them to share their money alone.

Just few hours later,news broke out that corpses of two young ladies were discovered at a particular location with their private parts and some organs missing. from the description given,it all went down to the very people i was with in the Taxi.

Please, Residents of Abuja and Nigeria, this seems to be the new trend ritualists deceive desperate Nigerians to their death, please beware of this and relay the information to the people around you.

beey
this starts with you.

Rampant in Abuja
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by skup008(m): 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
chai... this type of drama to lure gullible people in has been on for long. Though even smart people falls for it.

My aunt was a victim about 2years ago...in Ibadan. it started exactly the way op narrated. She was supposed to get about 9million naira as her share but was asked to pay for the cleansing of the money bla bla bla. And my aunt paid over 2million naira to these people,she went has far as borrowing money from friends and even lying to her husband to get more money.

One should be aware!....
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by simple2626(m): 5:00pm On Jan 22, 2016
For owerri this one na old trick na, nobody falls for dis trash again.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ojochidem(m): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
This same scenario played out in during my NYSC 2011 when I boarded a cab from Akure to Ondo. I quickly got down half-way immediately the driver came up with that same story.

I thank God for sparing my life.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by judedwriter(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:
I had a similar experience once.. I was with a cousin of mine. We were going for another cousin's wedding when the whole silly affair between tax driver and fellow passenger strtid. Mehn.. I strtid throwing tantrums when they said we'd all go to a place to cleanse the money or sth... The driver had no choice but to stop. I threatened to strt screaming if I'm not allowed to get down.. The other passengers were just shouting at me.

I alighted the vehicle and forced my cousin to come down, too. Then I called my mum to come pick us from where we were.

That was some 10yrs back. Was quite young, then. I don't know what happened to taxi driver and passengers.
lucky you...thank ur spider senses wink

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ouigy99(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
I entered the same kind of Cab in Lugbe (airport road)like 2 years ago. These peeps feed on ones greed. After spending my first 24 years growing up in Lagos, i was laughing in my mind when the taxi driver asked which of his "passengers" had that "Ghana must go" in the trunk. I was like, na same scam of the 80's you wan use scam me (nwa aba)?

I had also heard stories of people who started screaming in the cab and were pushed off the car while in motion. The lucky one had bruises, while the unfortunates were ran over by on coming vehicles; All i did was to keep calm and tell them that i had money, but it was in my back pocket (cab was full, i was at the back seat with 3 other passengers). I told them that i was interested in their business, but they needed to pull over for me to get my money from my back pocket (we were squeezed up at the back seat).

Immediately they parked, i showed them the "waka" sign, and the driver zoomed off.

That's one reason i like using my head phones while in a cab...... you never get to listen or get tempter by their crap.....

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
judedwriter:
lucky you...thank ur spider senses wink

Lol..
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by cartoonday(m): 5:42pm On Jan 22, 2016
Endtime scoping!!!
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Haba!
My sweet friend
Na ur fine head dem want use generate Euros
Thank God for Ur soul. May U live to give many more testimonies
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Haba!
My sweet friend
Na ur fine head dem want use generate Euros
Thank God for Ur soul. May U live to give many more testimonies

Amen o.. My mum gave a testimony in church the next day.. And she was threatening to use the police to track down the driver and the passenger who stole money from his boss in Calabar.. Lol
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ladychioma: 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
Thanks for the information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
StepTwo:

this starts with you.
Dis actually happened to me and A colleague 2yrs. Ago in benin. Precisely around BIU axis. my sch fee was collected and my fone,gone jst because I wanted a share from d cash.na my friend own even worse pass.d money She withdrew frm d bank dat was sent by her sis Abroad for renovation of their house was collected also. PLS NOTE DIS ONLY HAPPENS TO GREEDY PEOPLE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnapper Tries To Abduct Children In Surulere, Lagos(photo) / Photo Of Funke Olakunrin’s Suspected Killers Released By Police / Woman Accused Of Killing Agulu Youths In Anambra & Using Church To Cover Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.