Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. (57391 Views)

Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful / Lady Gets Armed MOPOL To Beat Up Man Who Deceive People With Her Products (Pics) / Edo Yahoo Boys Pay Ritualists To Help Them Kill Police Informant - Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by tuna4servi(m): 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Not all of dem are ritual killers, sum are 419.i used to know a guy back den at Ilorin wen I was in school he was a victim of dis type of thing. They collected all his money in d name of opening d package.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by agog: 6:13pm On Jan 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin
eyeview:
That mode was phased out in 2005 in Lagos.
In Lagos,once a driver start accusing a passenger you met in the vehicle of carrying something sinister(like cash) in the booth,you just smile and tell them to drop you and go share whatever it is.
Even a day old baby in lagos knows this. Just don't let in to greed for free money
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nekkysop(f): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
Vision4God:
De will drink der own blood n eat der own flesh

Ameeeeeeeeeeen

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by 4layhemmy(f): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2016
macaranta:
Old trick...thanks for sharing anyways @OP.

For online learning ...see signature.
its not old at all. it is still very much in use in ibadan. it happened to me twice last year. tnk GOD i was observant enough.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by olente: 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
tdemo:
this is an Old trick for people residing in lagos ones you hear such thing you don no say na 419ppl that... thank God for you bro say u no get ojukokoro

Op, why didn't you relay the information to the nearest police post with details of the taxi, buy now you would have saved both lives. N.B greedy ones should take note.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by dignity33: 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
I had past exactly the same test 5yrs ago, just coming out from passport office along airport road in Abuja and enter taxi to Area 1. First the way every body in that taxi was staring atme before the argument broke out among the driver and passenger over what is in the bag but what i did is to keep mute not until i was ask to contribute on what to do about the money, what came out from my mouth is to shout on driver to stop me here that i want to go out of this taxi now. And believe me he didn't uttered any word and stop me i had to wait for another taxi.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ELGREF(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Leeeekeeee:
Any one that fallz for this old trick deserves hell fire.
This trick is as old as 20yrs because I knew of the trick in my secondary school dayz..

Thou, I doubt if same passengers were the deceased.
I will like to give u 1000 like

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Leeeekeeee: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
harsysky:

I'm trying to decipher the meaning of your post. that you knew of the trick and never shared it to people makes you no. 1 candidate of HELL FIRE. So shut up!

Even if I had shared it, am sure u were still an infant who knew nothing about phone or social media then..

Almost said u an idiot but no I won't say it cous it's glaring...
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
I give God the Glory for saving my life. This incident occurred in 2013. I boarded a taxi from Maryland to Nitel bus stop. We hadn't gotten to Planet 1 before they started their rubbish. The driver parked & said he wanted to check the booth & the next thing was
Driver: what's in this indomie carton
passenger: na indomie now, you nor see the name
Driver: Pls come & open it for me to see for myself
The next I knew of , the issue was resolved which I actually contributed to for peace to reign so we could continue our journey. All these while, it had not occurred to me they were fraudsters. It was when the driver spoke in Igbo to me( because while I tried to broker peace between the two of them, another lady spoke in Igbo to him which he responded & I had to chip in some Igbo too to calm him down- so he knew from there I could speak) that there was money in the carton the man wants to have all to himself blabla, It was at this juncture the HOLY SPIRIT ministered to me & I kept calm. The next thing I said to him was- I wanted to get down & thank God there was traffic. He didn't even collect t fare from me. He said I shouldn't bother. Immediately I got down I couldn't hold back the tears of Joy, Thankfulness to the Lord Almighty for saving my soul. It was a colleague that saw me at the bus stop that came to pacify me. It was like a movie. Few days after, I saw the same driver with the two passengers looking for another victim.
It's just by the Mercy of God we go out & come back(safely&sound)
GLORY TO GOD FOR HIS MERCY ENDURETH FOREVER!

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by StepTwo: 8:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
olente:

Op, why didn't you relay the information to the nearest police post with details of the taxi, buy now you would have saved both lives. N.B greedy ones should take note.

this is something that was u expected, i never really susoected them to be ritualists so it disnt occur to me to have a glimpse of the identification of the car

i just didnt wan t to be a part of a shady deal.

i have learnt though.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
Daretodiffer
Dd
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by girl4rmspace(f): 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
adewaletb3:
In the bid for front page, niggas haven't now resorted to lying.

mr its actually true, i know people who have been in situations like this.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by sparkleboy(m): 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
This scheme has existed for a long time. God saved you.

Thank God

https://www.nairaland.com/2247694/experience-hands-one-chance-driver

StepTwo:
So I was coming back from Wuse, precisely Golden Gate Hotel, close to Wuse Market and decided to pick a taxi adjacent Zenith bank.

and this particular Taxi drove up to me with a driver and two passengers in it (male and female), the driver stopped where I was standing and asked where i was going to and I said Mpape, He asked the other ladies waiting and they said Katampe junction, the driver said since we were all going towards the same direction He would take us straight there.

we got in, he drove up to about Nicon Junction ,the lady who was inside before me decided to drop and after she did, the driver now asked the other guy who was also in the taxi before me if he had any load and the guy said yes, the driver started snarling at d guy, asking why the guy told him the first time that he had no load and d guy said he told him. the driver now asked the guy what was his load and the guy said just shoes and a carton of clothes.

To our surprize, the driving told the guy that what was in the carton wasnt clothes and the passenger repeated that it was his clothes and the driver said, "okay,since its clothes inside the carton, i will drive you to the police station, and all of a sudden the guy started begging d driver, we were all shocked, the driver now asked him where he got all d money in the carton and the guy said he worked for his Boss and he refused to pay him that is why he took d carton of money "which he said was in dollars" from the boss.

the driver now said He will drive the vehicle to the police and d guy started pleading again and offered that he will share the money 50/50 with the driver. the driver said no, that he would rather share it with all d passenges and the guy agreed, they now agreed on where they'll take the money to be shared, the rest of the passengers as well as myself were all quiet through out the arguement.they both agreed that we all should take it to a particular place and share," i have never heard of the place before".

I had a very terrible feeling about the whole arguement and decided to drop so i told the driver that i did not want to be a part of the sharing and he started abusing me, saying all sorts of things that I dont have the mind to live in Abuja which happens to be a place for the tough "as he put it". so i dropped and took another taxi to my location leaving them to share their money alone.

Just few hours later,news broke out that corpses of two young ladies were discovered at a particular location with their private parts and some organs missing. from the description given,it all went down to the very people i was with in the Taxi.

Please, Residents of Abuja and Nigeria, this seems to be the new trend ritualists deceive desperate Nigerians to their death, please beware of this and relay the information to the people around you.

Lalasticlala and Seun ,together we can save some lives

this starts with you.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by joanpinkie(f): 9:05pm On Jan 22, 2016
similar thing happened to me one early morning, you knw bank and our early morning work nah, as they started the story i no talk, they no knw sey i be omo Eko, sey the story nah common thing for lag. As they park the car , still they talk , i just open door come out, turn to them come tell them sey the thunder wey go fire them still dey do press up. I just turn leave them waka.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by lasurjunior(m): 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2016
Anybody who leaves between kaduna-Abuja express way and Zuba knows that has always been their tactics of luring money mongers to their deaths...this guys are popularly know as "ONE CHANCE" pls we should all be very careful. May God continue to guide us.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ConsueloSings(f): 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
Wow. something of this nature happened to my kid sister. Thank God she was smart! Thank God for wisdom and contentment
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by fortunejum: 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Some`ladies`like`money`How`can`a`lady`follow`unknown`persons`to`share`the`money`you`know`nothing`about.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by jvera(f): 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
this strategy has been invoke happened to my mum in 2014 she ws actually heading to church ws on a sunday.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by ThatNaijaNigger: 10:18pm On Jan 22, 2016
adewaletb3:
In the bid for front page, niggas have now resorted to lying.
smh
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by chlowi(f): 10:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
Karlovich:
And u left the taxi without advising the other lady passengers heading to their graves to do likewise, I presume u also gave testimony in ur church or mosque. That is if this ur story is true

I have had similar experience here in abuja, same story but for the part of death of the other passengers, it's the new trend I abuja! I am sure they deployed here because most residents arnt used to it like lagosians! And it takes greed to fall for it tho! As for advicing the ladies, pls do not blame him, shey dey are all adults? In a taxi for that matter, wht if force was applied? Nd ow many minutes wd be spent in changing changing greedy mind?
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Analysiscorner: 10:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
Vision4God:
De will drink der own blood n eat der own flesh
Amen!

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by kayttah(m): 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
mamaafrik:
someone once talked about a victim of this same occurrence in abeokuta months ago......

Yes. Someone told me too. He said whenever they start talking buh d money stuvv & u put mouth join na all d money way u get u go withdraw for em.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by dizly: 10:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
My brother I've had same experience in lag ooh thank God I left the taxi ooh
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Amen o.. My mum gave a testimony in church the next day.. And she was threatening to use the police to track down the driver and the passenger who stole money from his boss in Calabar.. Lol

There is no boss nor stilen money my dear all na wash
I hope U guys alsi took some kola and gin for the ancestors
Cos clearly your ancestors were not asleep
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by UIA04(f): 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
slyIsaac:
Nollywood...No seriously I've seen the movie...Chioma chukwuka was there.....But its good tho...one cannot be too. Careful....

grin
It happened to my mom in delta about two years ago
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by SpicyMimi(f): 11:22pm On Jan 22, 2016
This yeye trick? It was God that saved me from their hands! God will surely fight for the decease.

1 Like

Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by lilmizwierd(f): 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
slyIsaac:
Nollywood...No seriously I've seen the movie...Chioma chukwuka was there.....But its good tho...one cannot be too. Careful....

grin
Lol cheesy
Unfortunately my mum ran into one set here in Port Harcourt sharp sharp she told them she wasnt going and Ran for her dear life
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by harsysky(m): 11:48pm On Jan 22, 2016
Leeeekeeee:

Even if I had shared it, am sure u were still an infant who knew nothing about phone or social media then..

Almost said u an idiot but no I won't say it cous it's glaring...

Letting a sleeping dog lie.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Leeeekeeee: 11:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
harsysky:

Letting a sleeping dog lie.

Local dog
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Megilicious(f): 12:13am On Jan 23, 2016
4layhemmy:
its not old at all. it is still very much in use in ibadan. it happened to me twice last year. tnk GOD i was observant enough.

Hmmmmm same oh, happened to me to in ibadan exaxctly d same story, bt d mans own was his a house boy n his boss died so he xxcaped wit d dollars, evn 419 wit fake pastors toooo, na so my curve 7 n x2 waka go n one thousand naira hmmmm God save us all.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 23, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

There is no boss nor stilen money my dear all na wash I hope U guys alsi took some kola and gin for the ancestors Cos clearly your ancestors were not asleep

Lol.. Perhaps u'll teach us how to make offerings to the ancestors.
Re: BEWARE: New Trend Used By Ritualists To Deceive People For Rituals. by Excuzeme: 12:57am On Jan 23, 2016
eyeview:
That mode was phased out in 2005 in Lagos.
In Lagos,once a driver start accusing a passenger you met in the vehicle of carrying something sinister(like cash) in the booth,you just smile and tell them to drop you and go share whatever it is.
Even a day old baby in lagos knows this. Just don't let in to greed for free money

If you live in Lagos (even for just one day) and you nor get sense, you nor go get sense anywhere else, forever!

That is why Lagos... will always be Lagos!
undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photo Of Funke Olakunrin’s Suspected Killers Released By Police / The Celebrity Status Of Yahoo Boys In Nigeria / EFCC Denies Port-Harcourt Office Picture Of People Packed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.