Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran (1145 Views)

Muslims Being Hated Is Also In Line With Scripture / A Nairalander's Message To Atheist Wannabes And Young Christains. / Hundreds Of Muslims Being Baptized [photo And Video]... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 22, 2016
Were are the christains and muslims in this forum, lets discuss and make sometin clear. No insults /abuses

Koran chapter 10 vs 94 says
''if u have any doubt in this book i have given u, go and read d bible or ask those who read d bible. (meaning muslims should b christains) the Koran says Allah created the world through the word. (same Koran says Jesus is the word of God)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 22, 2016
Koran mentioned d name of Jesus 25times while mohammed name was just mentioned 4times. The only woman name written in the Koran is 'mariam' (the mother of jesus) even d chapter 19 of d Koran is named after her. D Koran agreed she went to heaven with her physical body. Meaning the assumption s written in d Koran. Koran said Jesus s still alive while it stated dat mohammed s dead. Koran said Jesus can give life.
So tell me why these muslims dont wanno accept the truth and follow christ?
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 22, 2016
According to the Koran.
Allah created the world through d word,
Same Koran said Jesus is the word of God.
Even in the bible, the book of john said in the begining was the 'word' is this same word that became flesh and dwelt among us
Same Koran said Jesus is the Spirit of God(i smell trinity)
Koran said Jesus gave life to a mud clay (bird) meaning Jesus can qive life.
Now its clear Jesus can qive life. (muslims) why not accept the one u know can qive life?
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Please Mods. This thread should be taken to d right place
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by whitestar01(m): 10:07am On Jan 22, 2016
I can understand it , only de myopic and ocultic muslims despice de word of CHRIST JESUS.
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
Muslims do believe in Jesus and would follow the Bible, the only problem is the Bible isn't very original. It's not the word of God because it's been changed to accommodate "modern lifestyle." smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:
Muslims do believe in Jesus and would follow the Bible, the only problem is the Bible isn't very original. It's not the word of God because it's been changed to accommodate "modern lifestyle." smiley smiley smiley
How?
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2016
blublahd:

How?

There are so many versions of the Bible. Each changing one thing to suit what everyone wants. For example the Protestant Bible is different from the Catholic bible and they both fall under the same religion.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

There are so many versions of the Bible. Each changing one thing to suit what everyone wants. For example the Protestant Bible is different from the Catholic bible and they both fall under the same religion.
But there is an original copy of the Bible which the two forms of Christianity took their translations from?
Mind you, I am not arguing for Protestants or Catholics.
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
blublahd:

But there is an original copy of the Bible which the two forms of Christianity took their translations from?
Mind you, I am not arguing for Protestants or Catholics.

Protestants and Catholics fall under Christianity smiley.

Ahm no there isn't. I'm pretty sure there's more than 50 "translations" of the bible which all differ smiley. So they can't be the word of God.

If one Bible says A and another says B then how is it divine and coming from God ? Unless God is confused and has schizophrenia. It's not possible.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Fulaboy(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:
This intelligent sekinah again smiley
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by SAEJO: 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:
My Brother this is where you people are getting it all wrong, the Bible is still as authentic and original as first inspired and dictated word for word to anointed Prophets, Servants and Messagers of God by the Holy Spirit of God, those who translated it could not do how they will because God is God, carry out a personal research and you will find out the truth, some of the original manuscipts are still in existance and they are the same thing, may the good Lord give the grace to follow the truth when you find it, Amen.
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2016
SAEJO:
My Brother this is where you people are getting it all wrong, the Bible is still as authentic and original as first inspired and dictated word for word to anointed Prophets, Servants and Messagers of God by the Holy Spirit of God, those who translated it could not do how they will because God is God, carry out a personal research and you will find out the truth, some of the original manuscipts are still in existance and they are the same thing, may the good Lord give the grace to follow the truth when you find it, Amen.

They really aren't.

If you were to go through The Modern King James Version of the bible vs The New American Standard version of the bible, for example, there are so many things that are different.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

Protestants and Catholics fall under Christianity smiley.

Ahm no there isn't. I'm pretty sure there's more than 50 "translations" of the bible which all differ smiley. So they can't be the word of God.

If one Bible says A and another says B then how is it divine and coming from God ? Unless God is confused and has schizophrenia. It's not possible.
I never said they weren't, I am not arguing for either since I don't belong to either nor do I share their ideals.
How do you know there isn't? I believe the original text of the Bible is in Hebrew, if am not mistaken. But for there to be series of translations, there has to be the original copy from which the "over 50 translations" came from? Or are you saying these Protestants and Catholics just cooked up their own Bible cocktail without any reference to the original?

Could you quit describing God in that light to make a point? I think your point is clear enough to a discerning mind without that.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
blublahd:

I never said they weren't, I am not arguing for either since I don't belong to either nor do I share their ideals.
How do you know there isn't? I believe the original text of the Bible is in Hebrew, if am not mistaken. But for there to be series of translations, there has to be the original copy from which the "over 50 translations" came from? Or are you saying these Protestants and Catholics just cooked up their own Bible cocktail without any reference to the original?

Could you quit describing God in that light to make a point? I think your point is clear enough to a discerning mind without that.

Back to my original statement of the Bible being changed to suit "modern lifestyle".

I apologise.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

Back to my original statement of the Bible being changed to suit "modern lifestyle".

I apologise.
Why then don't you follow the original statement of the Bible?

And if the Quran is more authentic to you, how is it you don't follow it's teaching to the letter, the hijab, homosexuality and premarital sex? And I know you said you are an agnostic Muslim, is that even allowed under the teachings of Islam?
Isn't it hypocritical for you to say the Bible has been changed to follow modern lifestyle ( of which I am neutral on till I come across the original copy), seeing as you don't even follow the Quran which you believe to be more authentic to the letter?

I hope I do not sound offensive.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by hopeforcharles(m): 2:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

I apologise.
My Main, The massage of the Bible is Salvation through Jesus Christ, which is the only way to God, so sweetheart the Bible get its inspiration from God, why you will see so many translation is because the language Hebrew is different from English and the words translated from alot of times the translators finds it hard to get equivalent exact word to they use the closest related to express the massage, and if you check closely you understand what they are trying to communicate,.
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Medicis(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

They really aren't.

If you were to go through The Modern King James Version of the bible vs The New American Standard version of the bible, for example, there are so many things that are different.
So you think king James wrote the Bible? He only translated it to English. Anybody can translate it into any language of their choice. But the Bible still remain pure in its original greek/Hebrew form, the many versions you see today are English translations.
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
blublahd:

Why then don't you follow the original statement of the Bible?

And if the Quran is more authentic to you, how is it you don't follow it's teaching to the letter, the hijab, homosexuality and premarital sex? And I know you said you are an agnostic Muslim, is that even allowed under the teachings of Islam?
Isn't it hypocritical for you to say the Bible has been changed to follow modern lifestyle ( of which I am neutral on till I come across the original copy), seeing as you don't even follow the Quran which you believe to be more authentic to the letter?

I hope I do not sound offensive.

I'm pretty sure I've told you a thousand times I believe religion is personal. And some things in the Qur'an just don't suit the person I am. It is what it is. I wouldn't then go ahead and change the teachings of a religion to suit me. In the Qur'an homosexuality is wrong. In every aspect of Islam it's wrong. In Christianity it's wishy washy. I'm pretty sure the Pope said he was going to review it. undecided. I don't see a problem with homosexuality. It is what it is. And im not going to change argue with religion on something that's personal. So, for the thousandth and "oneth" time I believe in most morals of the Qur'an but I amnt a strong follower of the religion because it doesn't suit me. And my lifestyle.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2016
Medicis:
So you think king James wrote the Bible? He only translated it to English. Anybody can translate it into any language of their choice. But the Bible still remain pure in its original greek/Hebrew form, the many versions you see today are English translations.

Yes he translated it. So did loads of other people. And that's the version that we read today. Not the original. Do you read the bible in Hebrew? I'd love to see an original copy of this Hebrew version. Word for word original. There are new original copies bibles found all over the world constantly.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
hopeforcharles:

My Main, The massage of the Bible is Salvation through Jesus Christ, which is the only way to God, so sweetheart the Bible get its inspiration from God, why you will see so many translation is because the language Hebrew is different from English and the words translated from alot of times the translators finds it hard to get equivalent exact word to they use the closest related to express the massage, and if you check closely you understand what they are trying to communicate,.

I understand what you mean. But the differences aren't just minor things. But they're huge. Like names and the stories that make of the fundamentals of the religion e.g Noah and the Ark or the days God made the earth it's it's components. Thats all different depending on which bible you read. Which doesn't really solidify the authenticity of the Bible. There are even discrepancies within the same bible at times.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by hopeforcharles(m): 2:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

I understand what you mean. But the differences aren't just minor things. But they're huge. Like names and the stories that make of the fundamentals of the religion e.g Noah and the Ark or the days God made the earth it's it's components. Thats all different depending on which bible you read. Which doesn't really solidify the authenticity of the Bible. There are even discrepancies within the same bible at times.
Now dearie, let's talk about it, can you show me them or point them out I will try and explain it for you to see, lemme see the difference, and mind you even the Koran has had some translation, and there are some things that the Muslims even refused to follow or decided to delete, things like Mutah, it's a prostitution kind of marriage in the Koran,
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Now dearie, let's talk about it, can you show me them or point them out I will try and explain it for you to see, lemme see the difference, and mind you even the Koran has had some translation, and there are some things that the Muslims even refused to follow or decided to delete, things like Mutah, it's a prostitution kind of marriage in the Koran,

Really ? I only know of one version of the Qur'an that everyone uses. Yeah I know most people pick and choose what part of religion they like and choose to follow.

No worries. Ill do that. But not right now. I'm a bit too relaxed to discuss religion. If you don't mind.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

I'm pretty sure I've told you a thousand times I believe religion is personal. And some things in the Qur'an just don't suit the person I am. It is what it is. I wouldn't then go ahead and change the teachings of a religion to suit me. In the Qur'an homosexuality is wrong. In every aspect of Islam it's wrong. In Christianity it's wishy washy. I'm pretty sure the Pope said he was going to review it. undecided. I don't see a problem with homosexuality. It is what it is. And im not going to change argue with religion on something that's personal. So, for the thousandth and "oneth" time I believe in most morals of the Qur'an but I amnt a strong follower of the religion because it doesn't suit me. And my lifestyle.

No, I am pretty sure you told me that less than six times. tongue
However, the only reason I brought this up is because you did not adhere to that principle of yours by faulting another religion to that of yours which you don't practise according to main teachings but to your own personal convictions(which I personally agree with anyone who does and I believe I told you that a thousand times too) tongue

You seem to keep interpreting Catholicism as the definition of Christianity. It's like saying Talibans, Al Qaeda, or Boko Haram as Muslims even though we both know better.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by hopeforcharles(m): 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

Really ? I only know of one version of the Qur'an that everyone uses. Yeah I know most people pick and choose what part of religion they like and choose to follow.

No worries. Ill do that. But not right now. I'm a bit too relaxed to discuss religion. If you don't mind.
No qualms any time you are ready hit me up, I am quite good in the biblical knowledge, took Bibles courses from 6 and more Bible institutions, and I have live more than half of my life in the core North Kano, my best pal is a Muslim guy we discuss and contrast the two of them, there is no question he has asked me about the bible I haven't answered him, not that I am bragging I am just letting you know I know my onion when it comes to this issues,
There are some misunderstanding with the bible, but if you allow God inspiration you will find out that there is something specifically specific about the Bible.
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2016
blublahd:

No, I am pretty sure you told me that less than six times. tongue
However, the only reason I brought this up is because you did not adhere to that principle of yours by faulting another religion to that of yours which you don't practise according to main teachings but to your own personal convictions(which I personally agree with anyone who does and I believe I told you that a thousand times too) tongue

You seem to keep interpreting Catholicism as the definition of Christianity. It's like saying Talibans, Al Qaeda, or Boko Haram as Muslims even though we both know better.

So I shouldn't have had to tell you the 7th tongue.
No no no. I have never ever ever claimed to practice Islam. But the op asked why Muslims don't follow the bible and I explained it to him. That's the honest reason why Muslims believe the Qur'an was sent down. I was 100% being factual.

Lol. Are you really going to compare Catholics to boko haram what. Anyways I still think all of those are Muslims. I don't think in Islam there's a ruling whereby you can remove someone from a religion. Except if they lied. In my opinion as long as they're not lying they're all Muslims just not so good ones.

And btw. Catholicism is a great religion. I would never condemn them. I'm just stating facts.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
hopeforcharles:

No qualms any time you are ready hit me up, I am quite good in the biblical knowledge, took Bibles courses from 6 and more Bible institutions, and I have live more than half of my life in the core North Kano, my best pal is a Muslim guy we discuss and contrast the two of them, there is no question he has asked me about the bible I haven't answered him, not that I am bragging I am just letting you know I know my onion when it comes to this issues,
There are some misunderstanding with the bible, but if you allow God inspiration you will find out that there is something specifically specific about the Bible.

That's good. I always like a challenge wink. I'm quite vast in biblical knowledge too smiley. And Qur'an.

Don't worry. We shall have a very intense conversation smiley. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by olasesi(m): 3:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
........Typing text
Re: Muslims Being Christains According To The Koran by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
YourMain:

So I shouldn't have had to tell you the 7th tongue.
No no no. I have never ever ever claimed to practice Islam. But the op asked why Muslims don't follow the bible and I explained it to him. That's the honest reason why Muslims believe the Qur'an was sent down. I was 100% being factual.

Lol. Are you really going to compare Catholics to boko haram what. Anyways I still think all of those are Muslims. I don't think in Islam there's a ruling whereby you can remove someone from a religion. Except if they lied. In my opinion as long as they're not lying they're all Muslims just not so good ones.

And btw. Catholicism is a great religion. I would never condemn them. I'm just stating facts.

I never said I forgot in the first place tongue
Lol.... You keep saying things that me cheesy
In what way do you mean sent down? Cause I did a little reading and it said the Quran was revealed to the prophet over a 23 years span.
Plus, are you really sure it is not because of the account surrounding Jesus being the son of God and being the Messiah that makes the both religion different? I mean that has to be the major thing.
And if you don't practise Islam why then do you speak for them? I mean in essence you are not a Muslim. tongue

Not so good? But good enough to be Muslims but not good enough?
Now, I know you have heard of priests/fathers who rape young boys and all the utter profanities popes of time past had committed. The Borgias et al.. I see them no different from murderers, they have perverted religion to a political tool just like the terrorists sects using Islam to recruit and perpetuate violence whereas it's only for a political course.
I mean where in the Bible does it say Mary should be an intercessor to Jesus or God in prayer? I am not removing anyone from a religion and I have no such power to do so.

Catholicism, a great religion? I know you are being sarcastic. But nowhere did Jesus spoke about formation of certain types of religion in his teachings. He only said one should obey Gods commandments, love him with all thy heart and follow his teachings.
Where did the canonisation of saints, and the holy father absolving of one's sins or checking if homosexuality can now be permitted come from?

Like Desmond Tutu said, when the Europeans came, they came with their Bibles and we had the land. They said we should close our eyes to pray, by the time we opened our eyes they had the land and we had the Bibles.

(1) (Reply)

Immediately After The RAPTURE!...A Must Read / Is Hardwork The Only Road To Success Or Other Factors Come To Play? / Christians The Most Persecuted Group In World For Second Year: Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.