Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,071 members, 7,859,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:38 PM

Pre-nup:what's Your Take? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pre-nup:what's Your Take? (2115 Views)

Ladies Whatz Ur View On Signing Pre-nup?? / To Pre-nup Or Not To Pre-nup? / Would You Sign A Pre-nup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by seunnowell: 7:10am On Jun 29, 2009
SeanT21:

LOL. I am a female.NOT A GUY.

***sighs*** i know. there is really such a thing as lesbians or bi-sexual
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Tudor6(f): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2009
He he he grin grin grin
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by 9ja4lyfe(m): 1:56pm On Jun 29, 2009
story story, once upon a time I had a friend, lets call him Joseph.
Joseph was very successful and owned his own business that took him all over the world. Joseph met this girl and fell head over heels and they got married. Unknown to Joseph, whenever he was away, someone else was taking care of his wife's "plumbing" lol. Joseph found out and was upset and asked for divorce.
First thing his lawyer asked was if they got a pre-nup before marriage. He said no, and the lawyer simply shook his head and told him "you're her slave for life". Joseph now pays about $5000 a month for alimony (even though they have no kids) and he cant even fully enjoy the fruits of his labor and hard work.

Prenup is the best thing to ever happen to men (and women). Cos people are really nice to you when they know you are rich. A poor guy who worked his ass off and no girl wanted him all of a sudden becomes successful and now he has all the girls. If shorty wont sign a pre-nup, theres other girls out there. Screw love, cos love aint gonna feed u and pay ur bills.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Feelitx(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2009
Those who have not slaved to hide away something very substancial will not understand what we are talking about here. We want to be married and love our women for eternity without them turning their back on us for the sake of money.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by izeek(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2009
9ja4lyfe:

story story, once upon a time I had a friend, lets call him Joseph.
Joseph was very successful and owned his own business that took him all over the world. Joseph met this girl and fell head over heels and they got married. Unknown to Joseph, whenever he was away, someone else was taking care of his wife's "plumbing" lol. Joseph found out and was upset and asked for divorce.
First thing his lawyer asked was if they got a pre-nup before marriage. He said no, and the lawyer simply shook his head and told him "you're her slave for life". Joseph now pays about $5000 a month for alimony (even though they have no kids) and he cant even fully enjoy the fruits of his labor and hard work.

Prenup is the best thing to ever happen to men (and women). Cos people are really nice to you when they know you are rich. A poor guy who worked his ass off and no girl wanted him all of a sudden becomes successful and now he has all the girls. If shorty wont sign a pre-nup, theres other girls out there. Screw love, cos love aint gonna feed u and pay ur bills.

his lawyer did a very bad job.
u dont pay alimony to any cheating spouse.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by 9ja4lyfe(m): 4:05pm On Jun 29, 2009
@izeek

you are right, but he didnt have concrete proof that she cheated even though he saw it, so it was his word against hers.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by TheSeeker(m): 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2009
9ja4lyfe:

@izeek

you are right, but he didnt have concrete proof that she cheated even though he saw it, so it was his word against hers.

You are right on that. Basically here, I know women want to be all up your crib and life cuz they want a share of your hard - earned money. Most of them don't even wanna sign it.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2009
if i were to go into marriage with a lady and i had say 2millions in asset and she had absolutely nothing. i would suggest a pre nup, even if i had a bungalow. the reason being that i wouldnt want to give away to someone i just met, the fruit of my lifelong labor.
any reasonable person would understand that. the ball goes both ways, why should someone give up everything they work for to a spouse who has nothing. if they have children, as long as the husband pays child support, there is no reason she should get a penny more
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by henryhemon(m): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2009
its like planning to fail.i won't do it.
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by seunnowell: 5:32pm On Jun 29, 2009
henryhemon:

well, if u are rich and u live in the society we live in and see what women do to men, pre-nup all the way will be what u will be shouting
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 29, 2009
henryhemon:

putting all your lifelong work into the hands of someone who 1)didnt sweat to get it 2) doesnt really deserve it all 3) at  most should only get child support if you split up is the way to fail.
people should know their worth and stand by it, if someone gets higher in their social status because they marry someone, they should get back to it when they divorce, unfortunately the courts never see it that way.

on the other hand, if a man meet a woman when they are both poor and then this guy build a fortune on his own while the lady takes care of the family home and children then yes she should get at least half of it. so all the Mel Gibsons/Steven Spielberg out there should cough up
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by savanaha: 6:01pm On Jun 29, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

putting all your lifelong work into the hands of someone who 1)didnt sweat to get it 2) doesnt really deserve it all 3) at most should only get child support if you split up is the way to fail.
people should know their worth and stand by it, if someone gets higher in their social status because they marry someone, they should get back to it when they divorce, unfortunately the courts never see it that way.

on the other hand, if a man meet a woman when they are both poor and then this guy build a fortune on his own while the lady takes care of the family home and children then yes she should get at least half of it. so all the Mel Gibsons/Steven Spielberg out there should cough up

If you are marrying someone that you think "doesn't deserve it at all" then you are planning to have the marriage be a failure. I understand when someone is a millionaire, or in the case of the Naira, a trillionaire, wanting a prenup. But if you are prenupping kobos then the marriage is a complete waste of time.
People are willing to protect their girl friends, even a man covered him common law wife and got his body riddled with bullets in order to protect her and people are worrying about prenup with few kobo. Jeeze!!
Re: Pre-nup:what's Your Take? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 29, 2009
savanaha:

If you are marrying someone that you think "doesn't deserve it at all" then you are planning to have the marriage be a failure. I understand when someone is a millionaire, or in the case of the Naira, a trillionaire, wanting a prenup. But if you are prenupping kobos then the marriage is a complete waste of time.
People are willing to protect their girl friends, even a man covered him common law wife and got his body riddled with bullets in order to protect her and people are worrying about prenup with few kobo. Jeeze!!

if i marry someone, they deserve to share everything i have and own while we are together, but if she or I decides that we have to part ways, there is absolutely no reason that she should keep deserving it.
its not really how much a person have but its the principle. if i bought my own home before getting married, then this home should be mine when we part, unless we have had a few children and they need a place to stay AND i am not willing to pay for added child support for their accomodation.
only a person who has never work hard or earn something through hard work in their lives would want to not sign a prenup. if you have paid a home all your life, the last thing you wanna do is giving it schot free to someone who doesnt really deserve it.
isnt it funny that its always the person who comes with absolutely nothing that doesnt want a prenup?
to each their own.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Most Girls Get Serious After They Are Faded? / 8 Yrs In A Relationship / Ladies. Why Are U The Judge?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.