Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (70146 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by loshybab(m): 9:32am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

1. My younger ones and friends were all married and I was desperate at 32.
2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.
Ignore his looks nd always think abt d'things he does dt mks u happy. The thought of his looks wl gradually be forgotten
#be proud of ur man,even in public and u'll be glad you did
#priortize his looks until he strts misbehaving wt gals dt appreciate his beautiful heart and u'll be sorry for urslf....BE WISE!!!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by solid3(m): 9:32am On Jan 23, 2016
Dyt:

No wahala
I hope you have what I am looking for
Hard currency ni ooo
Not thousands but I can manage from 500 thousands of it
tongue

As u can see from my profile pix, I'm not doing bad. The meal u & I will have wld b d next I will use as my profile. Bet, after d taking out there shall b a taking home to ma bedroom. wink
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 23, 2016
niceeric:

so you're sayin she crazy right?...atleast!...

I've been waiting for someone to confirm wat I think is wrong with the lady....she sick in the head/mind!

This is not what I said!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 9:42am On Jan 23, 2016
emekachimek:

Obviously you are not married

Obviously you are wrong.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nelgenius4me(m): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2016
Sometimes in life, we are concerned in life about other people's opinion, rather than take seriously what concerns us. Your husband is ugly? Brush him up, if has poor dress sense- teach him fashion. Stop comparing what u have to what others possess.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by niceeric(m): 9:50am On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

This is not what I said! [
lol....was just kidding drawing that conclusion from your post....I really think she's crazy though.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by mizthorlu(f): 9:51am On Jan 23, 2016
just kill him...twill relieve u of d shame😷😷😷
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 23, 2016
niceeric:
lol....was just kidding drawing that conclusion from your post....I really think she's crazy though.

Being insecure and crazy are two different things.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 10:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Congratulations, u got what others want
He won't cheat on u
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Coldfeets: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2016
Sorry babe. It's a pity. I can feel your pains because I cannot imagine myself getting married to an ugly girl.

Tufiakwa!

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about his ugliness. It's inbuilt and worse still, one or all of your kids is surely going to get 'ugly' gene except if your 'pretty' gene will over ride.

You should have thought about all these when age was on your side but you kept on doing inyanga.

Now, you see what you've done to yourself angry

For a temporary solution, you can help him do a plastic surgery but like I said it's still temporary.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by markplenty: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2016
woman be proud of him stop complaining do no what other are facing in there home
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by niceeric(m): 10:16am On Jan 23, 2016
Mindfulness:

Being insecure and crazy are two different things.
Yea sure, but I think realising a man is ugly after marriage is a good attribute of a lady gone crazy
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 23, 2016
niceeric:

Yea sure, but I think realising a man is ugly after marriage is a good attribute of a lady gone crazy

Whatever! Someone dug up the OP's old posts and the OP is a fake.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Donbasi(m): 10:24am On Jan 23, 2016
Human wants! Na waa Oooo! U marry fine guy u complain he's not giving u desired attention, u marry ugly guy u are ashamed of him in public lol. Its natural with human beings my sister but try to be contempt with what u have sha
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by unknown87: 10:34am On Jan 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Ndo, its your cross to bear, at least you got what you wanted...marriage...

Now give him what he wants..
Be proud of him in public embarassed
Gbam!!! grin
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by hypercyc: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2016
Eyekandi:
Ndo, its your cross to bear, at least you got what you wanted...marriage...

Now give him what he wants..
Be proud of him in public embarassed

The OP should stop this attitude other you'll ruin your home and happiness. Some men are handsome and yet they attract polygamy. Be proud of him. Ugliness or handsomness is a mind set which you can control. Build your home and don't pull it down.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by sameagles(m): 10:47am On Jan 23, 2016
The same mistake for getting married is the same mistake you are making while still marrying, the reason you are ashamed is that you don't know what you want in planing to get married, go and marry the handsome man and you will be his punch bag and you will be so ugly.… be contented. [b]The same mistake for getting married is the same mistake you are making while still marrying, the reason you are ashamed is that you don't know what you want in planing to get married, go and marry the handsome man and you will be his punch bag and you will be so ugly.… be contented. [/b]The same mistake for getting married is the same mistake you are making while still marrying, the reason you are ashamed is that you don't know what you want in planing to get married, go and marry the handsome man and you will be his punch bag and you will be so ugly.… be contented.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 23, 2016
Well at your age i'm sure you must have heard of the saying: you love someone not because they are perfect but in spite of the fact that they're not. Shame is a love breaker. Just as you can see his imperfection ( maybe one of) has to do with his physical looks (now you can't say you have no imperfection even though you are pretty unlike him) but one beauty I can see in him from your description is the fact that he is so proud of his pretty wife, he treasure's her, and can't stop boasting of her. That's something that should keep you happy (except you'll prefer a handsome man who is ashamed of his wife. If I were to write everything I want to tell you, it would have been longer than this. So in short try your best to destroy that childish feeling of shame; it's evil and destructive. Try finding something good about him and let it fill your mind. Sorry for the long write-up.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by tk4rd: 10:53am On Jan 23, 2016
PunterTim:
Don't You Think You're Overacting Here And Being Unrealistic About This!.
This Is About Her And What She Wants.Didn't Want To Advise This But Now I Must:
Think You Should Sit Down With Him And Carefully State Your Reasons To Divorce Him!
Divorce.?? Just because he is ugly.?
Was she blind before.?
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by tuna4servi(m): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2016
It's ur cross carry it madam
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by christopher123(m): 11:01am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

You are basically confused

Is his prick and pocket ugly? Even if then keep ur marriage
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by tefund(m): 11:03am On Jan 23, 2016
nothing on earth can satisfy a nigerian girl
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ebakhaiyhe(m): 11:05am On Jan 23, 2016
In addition to some of the reasonable counsel you have received, I have this as an addition to you.
1. It is what you are looking for in a relationship that you will always see.
2. It is how you see your husband that is how he would always appear to be to you
3. If you from today begin to see your husband as the most handsome man on earth, it would not take you time to see him just like that.
4. Lastly, two of you would in due time blend.

I wish you happy married life full of joyous excitement.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by anyicash(m): 11:06am On Jan 23, 2016
If that is ur problem, then you don't have a problem...just rember that God knows the best.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by aniblue(m): 11:08am On Jan 23, 2016
Its true that people don't understand the value of what they have until they lose it....

Dear OP, is your hubby uglier than Adams Oshomole, Obj, ibu whom we all celebrate in our country today
From your point of view, you seems to care more about what other people says than what matters to your life.

This man loves and cares for you. Learn to love your man, beauty and wealth will fade away but what will keep you both is love. Work on your mindset, if need be, meet a qualify marriage councellor who can help you psychologically.

Never think of divorce cause you will regret it.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by ebakhaiyhe(m): 11:09am On Jan 23, 2016
In addition to some of the reasonable counsel you have received, I have this as an addition to you.
1. It is what you are looking for in a relationship that you will always see.
2. It is how you see your husband that is how he would always appear to be to you
3. If you from today begin to see your husband as the most handsome man on earth, it would not take you time to see him just like that.
4. Lastly, two of you would in due time blend.

I wish you happy married life full of joyous excitement.

Send me a mail, I think you need genuine help. okukufrede@yahoo.com
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by gbenga4my(m): 11:12am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

2. He treats me well

Comic Relief

Obasanjo and oshiomole were seated next to each other during a service in church,
The pastor said turn to your neighbour and say, "you are beautifully and adorable created by God," Obasanjo looks at oshiomole for a moment, then laughs out loud and told the pastor, "please tell him yourself"...I don't want to lie in church!!!

One thing I believe is that no matter how pretty/handsome you/ur spouse is, when grading, both of you can't be among the first 100 most beautiful in the world.
In marriage, you should always have it at the back of your mind that your spouse is the most handsome in the whole wide world.
Let's assume you have a job interview, you will be graded based on ur dress code, ways u answer the interviewer, confidence and the likes. Sit urself and grade ur husband , not on the looks alone , grade him also on his attitude, God fearing, caring and the likes, whatever he score should solve the challenge u r facing.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by calcal: 11:17am On Jan 23, 2016
a beauty like you with such a man no good, run get another husband.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 23, 2016
PunterTim:
Don't You Think You're Overacting Here And Being Unrealistic About This!.
This Is About Her And What She Wants.Didn't Want To Advise This But Now I Must:
Think You Should Sit Down With Him And Carefully State Your Reasons To Divorce Him!

With much respect, you're selfish! Seeing how lightly and casually you treat marriage, I would advice that you don't attempt it at all.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Obamina(m): 11:32am On Jan 23, 2016
Abaaaaaaaaaah y nahhh he cares much ad gives u all u have ever wanted, he took u frm relegation (single) to where u wanna b; champions league(married). na pipo b Mrs Oshiomole Foreign (u fine pass her) Mrs TINUBU(U fine pass her) Mrs OBJ( RIP stella) Mrs segun areze, abeg which other one remain
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Godsgal(f): 11:42am On Jan 23, 2016
Op. I can bet u're not as pretty as star actress Mide-Funmi Martins who got married to fellow actor Hafiz Owo. The guy is damn ugly & trust coleagues & fans 2 wag their tongues...buh gudnews is dat She knows wat she wants in a man so she bluntly told everyone who cared 2 listen online that He was her choice & there was nothin anyone culd do about it... Now dats a woman with a very high level of self esteem...take a cue from her.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Obamina(m): 11:48am On Jan 23, 2016
Hit "LIKE" IF UGLINESS DOESN'T MATTER, but CARE/RICHES/FAITHFULNESS MATTER "SHARE" IF FINE MAN HOPING TO BE THERE MATTERS

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman / Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.